IGNORED

Pastor David Richards was convicted of repeatedly raping his 14-year-old daughter over 4 years.

HeadshipRegent

This entire sanctification (of which I've never heard) ....

Is it if the pastor did it then it's not wrong or a crime? 

Or of course he didn't do it because he is a pastor and therefore the slutty slut is lying?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

This entire sanctification (of which I've never heard) ....

Is it if the pastor did it then it's not wrong or a crime? 

Or of course he didn't do it because he is a pastor and therefore the slutty slut is lying?

It could be either scenario really .  On one hand , since before receiving ordination he would have had to given confirmation of having received entire sanctification , as a "second blessing" , following the first work of grace in Holiness / Pentecostal theology , which is salvation , he would be inclined to be considered to be above reproach , especially over someone whom is regarded as being an angsty teenage girl , who is therefore considered an outcast , like in this song .

But on the other hand , Holiness church members can come up with excuses to try and justify their conduct , as to why it's supposedly in their minds not a sin .  Such as in the case of this teenage guy I know of , from this one Nazarene church I had attended at the time , when I was a young teen myself .  He had followed this 14 year old boy into the downstairs church basement , where he then proceeded to do to him what one time Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton allegedly did to Paula Jones , long story short . He justified his actions by claiming that it wasn't homosexual , as it didn't involve physical contact , and besides , as he had bragged to the young teenager in question , he already was receiving hand jobs from the pastor's niece , whom he had been dating at the time , so he didn't feel the need to seek out such pleasure from anyone else , and he mentioned that if the teen boy , whom was roughly the same age as he was at the time , had not been homeschooled , he would have seen him naked in the shower room , following gym class .  I know about this incident first hand , as I was the victim of this case of sexual harassment .  It caused me to feel both dirty and guilty , which brought about a crisis of faith in me . I mean I was lead to believe that the world is a big scary place filled with depraved people , but here it was in church , which is supposed to be blood washed , without spot or wrinkle , that I was violated in . So I was shocked , and shook up by the experience , and even wondered if deep down inside I had wanted it . It all seems so ridiculous now , but back then I was naively innocent . Now I am wide awake , and know all too well just how perverted people can be , even those considered to be perfect Christians .  Also , I suspect that some horny holy rollers might confuse feelings of sexual passion with that of spiritual bliss , as this song alludes to 

Also , even a number of Christian contemporary songs can contain intimate imagery , which seems to present Jesus as being like a lover .   

Oh man , I just realized that by now you must be thinking that Holiness churches , such as the Church of God tend to resemble the Children of God cult . But , even though the leader of the Children of God , David Berg , had at one time been a Christian & Missionary Alliance minister , the only creepy thing to happen to me in the C&MA was when I was twelve and an older married woman , whom might have been all too fond of me , wanted to sing this one song with me as a duet , before the congregation , as a special music number .  

Needless to say , I turned her down , as I deemed it to be inappropriate , given our respective ages , and her marital status . I am sure that most Holiness people probably mean well . It's just that I feel that they are too trusting of the regenerated goodness of born again believers , and overlook the remaining capacity for iniquity .

Edited by Marmion
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2