IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 4: Dumbass Love for the Romantic Lost Cause

HerNameIsBuffy

Yes, in colder climates trim serves a functional as well as an aesthetic purpose, by blocking drafts and adding insulation. Trim on the outside of windows also helps with their integrity (no way in for pests, wind, water...)  I'd be finishing that trim stat for that reason alone.

• Upvote 9

30 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Yes, in colder climates trim serves a functional as well as an aesthetic purpose, by blocking drafts and adding insulation. Trim on the outside of windows also helps with their integrity (no way in for pests, wind, water...)  I'd be finishing that trim stat for that reason alone.

Last winter was so damn cold. I swear if this winter is just as cold, I’ll go bananas.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Last winter was so damn cold. I swear if this winter is just as cold, I’ll go bananas.

don't talk about winter, I am still recovering from the last one....

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

This has been bothering me since the post was written. I think it’s horrible how they point out that Elizabeth studied but did not pass the test. They could have easily written “Rebecca and Hudson passed the test and are moving on to Nationals.” I guess we know what one of Elizabeth’s punishments was - public shaming. 

*I’m sorry if this was mentioned before. I did search for it in this thread but saw nothing on it. 

366B851C-27CF-47DB-87CE-AB0917469BDE.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

This has been bothering me since the post was written. I think it’s horrible how they point out that Elizabeth studied but did not pass the test. They could have easily written “Rebecca and Hudson passed the test and are moving on to Nationals.” I guess we know what one of Elizabeth’s punishments was - public shaming. 

*I’m sorry if this was mentioned before. I did search for it in this thread but saw nothing on it. 

366B851C-27CF-47DB-87CE-AB0917469BDE.jpeg

I was bothered by that as well. Elizabeth didn’t make it to finals last year either. I commend her for trying. But if my parents always pointed out that I didn’t make it while my siblings did, I would stop competing.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was bothered by that as well. Elizabeth didn’t make it to finals last year either. I commend her for trying. But if my parents always pointed out that I didn’t make it while my siblings did, I would stop competing.

And maybe she does want to stop competing but has to do it because Father and Mother (the way they always refer to Becky as Mother gives me Norman Bates vibes...)  insist she do it because God. Would be totally in line with the Bontrager way of doing things.

• Upvote 13

People have different talents. Some people just aren’t good at memorizing things. It takes a very specific type of brain to do that well, I think. Elizabeth undoubtedly has many other talents - though she’ll never discover many of them, like she’ll never get a chance to try dancing or sports or sculpture or chemistry or physics or advanced math - but she has or will hopefully find something that she is allowed to do that she’s good at, like Allison has with hotel management. (Though I think Allison would really benefit from business school and do well there, instead of managing a dinky inn surrounded by family, forced to take time off for singing tours she dislikes.)

• Upvote 12

26 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

People have different talents. Some people just aren’t good at memorizing things. It takes a very specific type of brain to do that well, I think. Elizabeth undoubtedly has many other talents - though she’ll never discover many of them, like she’ll never get a chance to try dancing or sports or sculpture or chemistry or physics or advanced math - but she has or will hopefully find something that she is allowed to do that she’s good at, like Allison has with hotel management. (Though I think Allison would really benefit from business school and do well there, instead of managing a dinky inn surrounded by family, forced to take time off for singing tours she dislikes.)

Liz looked like she was pretty darn good at arm wrestling! I bet she would have done well in organized sports. The Bontragers exercise regularly but they aren’t apart of any team sports. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

How on earth can I tell which Bontrager grandbabby is female if she doesn't have a skirt and giant-ass bow on her head??? Fetch Steve Maxwell his fainting couch, please!!

image.thumb.png.3c1d4bfbc7a352dbaa4c3b96e711d2cf.png

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2019/09/three-peas-in-pod.html

I don’t think the Female Offspring even made it into the picture. Those are all grandSONS.  I think the baby in the middle is...Mitchel and Brynn’s?? I am a fairly new student of the Bontrager Crazy so I don’t know all the kidults’ names. 

Left Male Baby is Axton and Right Male Baby is Wallace. Jubilee is just a tiny woman in the making, so she and her female clothing are not pictured. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

@usmcmom Yup, in order that's Axton, Micah and Wallace. Micah looks JUST in like Bryn. Wallace is a cutie but looks like neither of his parents IMO. 

So that's Axton wearing a teething necklace??

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Of course. I’m surprised Wallace isn’t wearing one too. Essential oil sales seem to go hand in hand with other woo like those stupid Amber necklaces. It’s probably made of plastic beads ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Definitely with those big blue eyes and bald head. I'm a sucker for bald babies ?

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.08.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.07.55 AM.png

• Upvote 4

I guess females can’t be a pea in the male pod? My siblings are all males. If I had been excluded from pictures with them or even male cousins I would feel horrible. I have no cousins my age. All older or younger. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Although the Bons seem to have a lot of penis worship going on, I will defend them here. I don’t think all the Bons with babies were at camp for both weeks. I think Carson’s family was only there for one week. So that may be why Jubilee isn’t in the picture. I imagine the Bons would love a picture of all 4 grandchildren. Even a lowly girl grandchild. 

• Upvote 5

I’ve been looking at the pictures the Bons and Wissmanns have posted from the family conference. What I noticed is very few pictures of any of the Wissmanns and Bons together. I find it interesting since they used to be so close. There are likely two explanations. The first and most likely explanation is that there was a broken courtship between two of them and now they aren’t as close as a result. Fundies can claim that they are just fine because they didn’t kiss or have sex but broken courtships still make things awkward and cause hurt feelings. The second possibility is that there is a current courtship going on between the families and they aren’t posting pics of the families together because it would make the relationship public. And we know the Bons refuse to publicly acknowledge relationships until there is an engagement. 

• Upvote 9

I always had a feeling that the broken prior relationship the Chels referred to in their engagement post might have been with a Wissmann boy. These families are actually perfect for another: quiver full, music, farm life. They have a LOT in common.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

A comment on the recent pic of the male grandchildren-- I continue to be surprised that neither Bowers daughtesr has announced her next pregnancy. Almost makes me wonder if secondary infertility or a miscarriage is involved [although I recall that Mom Bontrager had a miscarriage about a decade ago, and they made a big public deal about it]. Yes I know their sons are only 14 months old, but still, Carolina and Cass are young (both still under 25, I believe) and at their peak fertility, and both come from large families.

image.png.173e01c3dbb92df41e905032e6c3a5ea.png

• Upvote 4

So I was checking out the Bontrager and Wissman instagrams because these had been mentioned on this thread and I came upon a young Wissman lad (?Mathew - I forget) and he's posing with "Trump" written on his arm while his friend has "2020". I did not think my opinion of fundies could get worse but their support for Trump makes me even more concerned about the damage fundies do.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

A comment on the recent pic of the male grandchildren-- I continue to be surprised that neither Bowers daughtesr has announced her next pregnancy. Almost makes me wonder if secondary infertility or a miscarriage is involved [although I recall that Mom Bontrager had a miscarriage about a decade ago, and they made a big public deal about it]. Yes I know their sons are only 14 months old, but still, Carolina and Cass are young (both still under 25, I believe) and at their peak fertility, and both come from large families.

image.png.173e01c3dbb92df41e905032e6c3a5ea.png

“Not that we know of” means they haven’t been told if someone actually is pregnant. I remember thinking it was so strange with Lina and Cass both waited until they were 3 months pregnant to tell their families. It was also said that the girls didn’t even tell each other! Which seems crazy to me because I thought they were best friends. It’s completelh possible one or both of the Boners girls are pregnant but not telling yet. I doubt Chelsy or Bryn are pregnant just yet. 

2 hours ago, browngrl said:

So I was checking out the Bontrager and Wissman instagrams because these had been mentioned on this thread and I came upon a young Wissman lad (?Mathew - I forget) and he's posing with "Trump" written on his arm while his friend has "2020". I did not think my opinion of fundies could get worse but their support for Trump makes me even more concerned about the damage fundies do.

Matthias. He’s married to Michelle Kingery. There are three single adult Kingery sisters left at home. Charlie Bowers, Denver Bontrager, and Stephen Wissmann are all possibilities for them as they are still single too.

• Upvote 6

On 9/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, browngrl said:

I would be more shocked to find out that any fundie that we follow on FJ ISN'T a trump supporter.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

39 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I would be more shocked to find out that any fundie that we follow on FJ ISN'T a trump supporter.

The only one I can recall is Ben Seewald, who voted for the libertarian dude.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The only one I can recall is Ben Seewald, who voted for the libertarian dude.

TAM didn’t vote for trump but she approves of some of the stuff he does. She disapproves of his stance on abortion. She thinks he should completely outlaw it in all circumstances. 

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

I suspect in many cases it's less that they support Trump (the Bontragers certainly campaigned for someone else during the earlier stages) and more a case that any Republican is going to be closer to their views than a Democrat ever will be.  Trump, at that point, becomes the least bad option for them so they support him - I can't believe he's standing for re-election...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic