IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 4: Dumbass Love for the Romantic Lost Cause

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

Well color me shocked! Lots of happy birthday wishes for the two little Bontragers on their blog todaybut no pregnancy announcements.  

Remember the girls don’t announce until they are three months along. It’s completely possible one or both are currently pregnant but it’s too early for them to announce yet.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember the girls don’t announce until they are three months along. It’s completely possible one or both are currently pregnant but it’s too early for them to announce yet.

They also like to spread out announcements. Remember how they were due so close together but announced a week apart, plus waited until after Chelsy's wedding? Maybe they're letting the babies have their birthdays all to themselves.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, albireo said:

They also like to spread out announcements. Remember how they were due so close together but announced a week apart, plus waited until after Chelsy's wedding? Maybe they're letting the babies have their birthdays all to themselves.

True. Remember how Chelsy didn’t announce her engagement until like 6 weeks after John proposed because he proposed right before the triple wedding weekend? 

• Upvote 5

No individual pics of the babies with the women who pushed them out of their loins but several of them with the sperm donors.  Such bullshit.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 7/17/2019 at 12:19 AM, SPHASH said:

No individual pics of the babies with the women who pushed them out of their loins but several of them with the sperm donors.  Such bullshit.

Not really. Those are their sons.  And that is a picture of their sons and their same-age kids side by side. I can see choosing pictures of my own kid and his/her kid first just naturally. It's probably the same on the other side of the family as well. Something things just aren't things.

• Upvote 5

On 7/16/2019 at 11:09 PM, browngrl said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Alison's girls retreat in Switzerland? 

Crickets. I bet no one has signed up. Either she will just go with her friend who arranged the whole thing with her Swiss family, and pretend they are doing a "retreat for two", or she will cancel

• Upvote 9

It seems to me (I could be completely wrong!) that for the past few months Allison has focused less on her singleness. It could be a few things. Maybe the nicer weather has improved her mood. Maybe she was told by someone that she’s focusing too much on it on her blog. Or maybe she’s getting to know someone. The first person to come to mind is Joe. But he’s just so much younger than her. 5 years is a lot when you are that age. But it doesn’t have to be Joe. It could be some other GYM. But even if she is seeing someone, we will never know unless they become engaged. Because Bons never announce until an official engagement. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems to me (I could be completely wrong!) that for the past few months Allison has focused less on her singleness. It could be a few things. Maybe the nicer weather has improved her mood. Maybe she was told by someone that she’s focusing too much on it on her blog.

But she does seem as thirsty as ever to have babieeeees

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 7/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems to me (I could be completely wrong!) that for the past few months Allison has focused less on her singleness. It could be a few things. Maybe the nicer weather has improved her mood. Maybe she was told by someone that she’s focusing too much on it on her blog. Or maybe she’s getting to know someone. The first person to come to mind is Joe. But he’s just so much younger than her. 5 years is a lot when you are that age. But it doesn’t have to be Joe. It could be some other GYM. But even if she is seeing someone, we will never know unless they become engaged. Because Bons never announce until an official engagement. 

I kinda thought Nathan Bates!

ETA: I don't know their ages. Nathan was seen at the Bon weddings, I can't remember if it was Chelsy's, the triple wedding, or both. 

Edited by Kelsey
Listed above
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

ETA: I don't know their ages. Nathan was seen at the Bon weddings, I can't remember if it was Chelsy's, the triple wedding, or both. 

Alison is way too posh to court Nathan Bates. She likes the country life, but I see her dreaming of an old fashioned gentleman, not a muddy cowboy wannabe.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alison is way too posh to court Nathan Bates. She likes the country life, but I see her dreaming of an old fashioned gentleman, not a muddy cowboy wannabe.

Would she go for Lawson? Country but more pretty boy. I don't know if he was also at the weddings

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I could definitely see those two together. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Babysitter said:

Would she go for Lawson? Country but more pretty boy. I don't know if he was also at the weddings

Now I'm imagining a family meeting with Lawson and Josh Bontrager. Wow, those egos would gonna fight hard!

But Lawson looks too wordly and is always traveling, while Alison wants a traditional husband.

I think Alison would enjoy to be like Rachel Wismann. Country life with a bit of class.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Now I'm imagining a family meeting with Lawson and Josh Bontrager. Wow, those egos would gonna fight hard!

But Lawson looks too wordly and is always traveling, while Alison wants a traditional husband.

I think Alison would enjoy to be like Rachel Wismann. Country life with a bit of class.

Yes! Exactly-- a Wismann. Country life that is still Instagrammable.

And for all their fundy faults, the Bontragers are hard workers. I don't think pretty boy Lawson with his half-a**ed music "career" is going to cut it with Pa Bontrager.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Yes! Exactly-- a Wismann. Country life that is still Instagrammable.

And for all their fundy faults, the Bontragers are hard workers. I don't think pretty boy Lawson with his half-a**ed music "career" is going to cut it with Pa Bontrager.

The Bontragers have known the Wissmanns for years. They used to get together more. My theory is there was a courtship somewhere in there that was broken and that’s why we don’t see the families together as much as we used to. Could have been Mathias and Chelsy or Stephen and Allison. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I could see Allison with Nathan. She might like shopping and coffee shops but she's an Iowa farmgirl at heart. I don't think she'd do well in the city.

I could never picture her with Lawson. Lawson wants a young, very pretty girl à la Sadie Robertson to grace his instagram feed with a bleached smile to complement his muscles. And she will wear tank tops and pants, no doubt. (Just idle speculation of course...)

• Upvote 10

Bontragers are headed home from their Canada tour.  I think there is at least a 50% chance that they will be greeted with a baby announcement from Carson or Josh.

Allison's alleged girls retreat in Switzerland begins August 15. As far as I can tell, she blogged about it March 26 and hasn't mentioned it on her blog or Instagram since-- either she got a bunch of people to sign up, or she's scrapped the whole idea.

• Upvote 8

Thank GOD Allison is here to remind us how awesome moms are. What would we do as a society without her affirmations? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

Omg I’m so fucking tired of all these young know it all fundies who give everyone advice on something they’ve never experienced! Josh Harris did the same thing and now look at him! Or look at Bill Gothard! Josh Bontrager is the biggest know it all Bontrager but Allison is starting to catch up in a close second. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg I’m so fucking tired of all these young know it all fundies who give everyone advice on something they’ve never experienced! Josh Harris did the same thing and now look at him! Or look at Bill Gothard! Josh Bontrager is the biggest know it all Bontrager but Allison is starting to catch up in a close second. 

Ack! I came here to say this!

Josh: Hey, I've been married and a father for 3 seconds, so I'm an expert!!!

Fundy Maiden Allison: Hold my beer, Josh, Imma gonna talk about motherhood.

Up next:  Teenage Liz Bontrager gives advice on menopause; Teenage Hudson tells us his plans for choosing husbands for his future daughters.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Ack! I came here to say this!

Josh: Hey, I've been married and a father for 3 seconds, so I'm an expert!!!

Fundy Maiden Allison: Hold my beer, Josh, Imma gonna talk about motherhood.

Up next:  Teenage Liz Bontrager gives advice on menopause; Teenage Hudson tells us his plans for choosing husbands for his future daughters.

From my observations, it seems to be a fundie thing. I can’t think of any other young man or woman that isn’t a fundie, that gives advice about things they’ve never experienced. Raising your children fundie seems to create a ridiculous amount of know it alls. I’m not saying there aren’t mainstream know it alls. But I think they have been exposed to enough of the real world to know that people will roll their eyes into their heads if they wrote a blog about being a mother when they’ve never been a mother.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Fundy Maiden Allison: Hold my beer Purity Bear, Josh, Imma gonna talk about motherhood.

FTFY.

And Sarah Maxwell is holding forth about a mother's feelings at the moment too.

• Upvote 9

Allison’s most recent post recapping their last tour is really positive. I’m convinced she’s in a relationship or someone clued her in on how depressing her posts had been and she purposely made a change. Or maybe she enjoys touring without Joshua the know it all.

• Upvote 8

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison’s most recent post recapping their last tour is really positive. I’m convinced she’s in a relationship or someone clued her in on how depressing her posts had been and she purposely made a change. Or maybe she enjoys touring without Joshua the know it all.

Going with option #3 if putting myself in her shoes haha.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic