IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 4: Dumbass Love for the Romantic Lost Cause

HerNameIsBuffy

10 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Lina is also under more pressure' she "only" had a girl the first time around.

Thats on Carson though but yes it's always the woman's fault.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Although that is basic biology I doubt that the Bont's know that. And even if they knew, they probably wouldn't care...

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know why she’s back to blogging? Because she’s stuck touring again. Her life officially stops when she’s touring with her family. She has time to blog because she’s stuck on a bus for hours every day with her family. None of her closest friends are around. She’s not working her regular job. She doesn’t get to visit with Chelsy. She’s actually living a life she wants to live when she’s not touring. And when she’s on the bus, she gets to dwell on the fact that she’s still single and her same age siblings aren’t. They get to live their lives how they want. All because they’re married.

Though Josh and Cass still tour with the band despite being married, and Mitchell and Carson were both able to quit before they were married (in the case of Carson - quite a long time before he was even engaged).

So maybe it's more the case that you get to decide whether to to quit if you're a guy, regardless of your marital status. 

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Though Josh and Cass still tour with the band despite being married, and Mitchell and Carson were both able to quit before they were married (in the case of Carson - quite a long time before he was even engaged).

So maybe it's more the case that you get to decide whether to to quit if you're a guy, regardless of your marital status. 

It also may be that they are not the most talented. Allison apparently is the most talented of the group and it would be bad for business for her to leave.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

He sent some boys over....it's her fault for not letting the boy sperm fertilize the egg. Duh. (sarcasm....but probably what they'd say) 

• Upvote 2

I hope they have another girl and don’t have anymore. I wouldn’t wish any of them to have more than a few daughters. 

I don’t get why women are looked down on. They birth babies, the bloodline comes from women, and women have had to do it all since the dawn of time. The fall of humans came from Adam eating the apple not Eve. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 6/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

It also may be that they are not the most talented. Allison apparently is the most talented of the group and it would be bad for business for her to leave.

I always ask myself what kind of money they make from their concerts. To me it seems like all the traveling, the gas, etc. costs a lot and at the same time they have to hire farmhands as support while they are gone, since I don't see Carson doing all the work on his own. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I always ask myself what kind of money they make from their concerts. To me it seems like all the traveling, the gas, etc. costs a lot and at the same time they have to hire farmhands as support while they are gone, since I don't see Carson doing all the work on his own. 

I doubt they make much from the concerts. Probably enough to cover their costs for travel. They make money from their farm and motel. They do hire people to work the farm and hotel. Although the family does a lot of work when they are home. They need those extra workers when they are gone. Carson and Mitch can’t do it all themselves. 

• Upvote 3

It bugs me that the girls have to hang onto someone in family photos. Why can’t they just stand there like the boys? 

24990384-4D0B-4587-A2C4-83A57CE742BE.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It bugs me that the girls have to hang onto someone in family photos. Why can’t they just stand there like the boys? 

24990384-4D0B-4587-A2C4-83A57CE742BE.jpeg

It bugs me they didn’t publicly wish their mom a happy mother’s day. Without her they wouldn’t be here. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Syriana said:

Joshua is taking a 6 week blogging break, who knows what he'll come up with during his brainstorming of new posts!  It would also appear that he and Cassidy are not touring this summer.

https://joshuabontrager.com/thoughts-on-summer-and-our-break-from-blogging/

Good news! I think the Bons will keep touring as long as possible but I wish they would just stop. They’ve lost four members now and I bet Allison will eventually get her wish and get married in the next couple of years. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Syriana said:

Joshua is taking a 6 week blogging break, who knows what he'll come up with during his brainstorming of new posts!  It would also appear that he and Cassidy are not touring this summer.

https://joshuabontrager.com/thoughts-on-summer-and-our-break-from-blogging/

A variety of thoughts come to my mind:  Carson and Mitchell are busy with their other responsibilities ,Joshua was needed/expected to take up some of the farm chores and maybe they couldn't hire the work out;  touring with a baby got to be too much for Cass and Josh; maybe Cass doesn't want to conceive her next blessing on the family bus.  At least he'll be doing some honest work for a while.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

@petrushka, all of the above crossed my mind too.

Don’t worry, I’ll be back with fresh posts by July 30.

You flatter yourself, my child.  We aren't worried.  And how many people, other than FJ, read the self-righteous musings of this insufferably conceited little prig.  He is lucky if he gets three comments a week from non family members.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Joe is touring with the Bons again this summer because Josh and Cass aren’t. Who will they add when Allison gets married someday? Or Denver?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

On 6/5/2019 at 7:07 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

New blog post up. It’s about the mighty man camp. It all seems silly and a waste of time to me but what do I know? I’m just a women. 

https://joshuabontrager.com/personal-reflections-from-mighty-men-camp-2019/

They just love the drama of life being a constant battle. And, really? "God's currency is suffering." They always make God sound so awful, lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joe is touring with the Bons again this summer because Josh and Cass aren’t. Who will they add when Allison gets married someday? Or Denver?

Do you think they hope Joe could be a good match for Allison, so even if she gets married they could keep touring for awhile, or the age don't match? I don't remember the age difference between the two 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Do you think they hope Joe could be a good match for Allison, so even if she gets married they could keep touring for awhile, or the age don't match? I don't remember the age difference between the two 

I think he’s 4-5 years younger than Allison. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I get the sense that they've tried that and it hasn't worked out. If it did they would be absolutely thrilled.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

As fundies go, I bet Liz is more likely to end up with Joe. And she’s only 15! Outside of fundie land, 15 and 20 year olds are not likely to date. But as we’ve seen with other fundie guys (Austin Forsyth and Kelton Balka), they are willing to wait years for a girl to grow up and then marry them. I personally think it’s weird and it puts too much pressure on a naive fundie girl. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Liz eventually starting a courtship at 17 and then engaged at 18.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 6/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, Palimpsest said:

You flatter yourself, my child.  We aren't worried.  And how many people, other than FJ, read the self-righteous musings of this insufferably conceited little prig.  He is lucky if he gets three comments a week from non family members.

Just perusing QFS this morning and am entertaining thoughts of a panel discussion between Joshua Bontrager, Tim Bayly and Justin Turley, all trying to out-smug the other.  

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

32 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Joshua Bontrager, Tim Bayly and Justin Turley

Oh, lordy.  Justin Turley.  He always *just* lost in the smugness sweepstakes to Bradnick! and Natty Darnell.

So how many children has Melissa produced to date and how appalling are their names ::wanders off to look::  

What only 6 sprogs in 8+ years of marriage.  I'm positively shocked!  Welcome to the world little Tyndale.  Sorry about the name.   I assume the blue hat and absence of a bow means you are a boy.  Daddy forgot to mention that all important fact.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 4:43 AM, Italiangirl said:

Joe is Denver's age (19) and Allison just turned 25, so probably not a match...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Alison is failing at hiding her existence - a man/husband/authority/whatever. She is so desperate and uses her siblings as her crutch.

It's not unusual for people to have dreams outside the life they're living. It's not bad or negative or anything other than just life. 

With Allison, and fundie maidens in general, the desperation is freaking scary. 

Who will give you love? Who will validate you? Who will think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread - until the babies come? 

She is obsessed with her married siblings, miserable in her unmarried existence, using her siblings to fill her voids....

What an awful life. 

No one's life turns out as they hope/plan/dream....but equipped humans know how to adjust. 

Allison has no clue and is buried so deep she's not even living. 

• Upvote 9

@fundiefan, while I completely agree with you about Allison, the problem is not her: it's her parents and the cultural constructions of fundamentalism. They were the ones who took away the ability for her to find her own life.

If she had grown up in a standard American middle-class family, she would have headed to university or college -- she's a very smart woman. She would have had the chance to fill her life with hopes and dreams and realize those hopes. She would have maybe been a music teacher, or a business major planning to take over the Bontrager motel, or who knows.  Even a conservative Christian home-schooling family or conservative Mennonite family would have given her those opportunities.

Instead, she's stuck.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic