IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 4: Dumbass Love for the Romantic Lost Cause

HerNameIsBuffy

Allison is standing too close for comfort to Joshua.  Allison dear let Joshua go.

BONTRAGER(1of145).jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Wth with that kissing photo. Why were all the other family members directed to look at the couples with shock/scandalization? Who wants that photo?

• Upvote 3

The look on Axton's face in the "Grandpa and Grandma with the babies" pic says it all.

• Upvote 2

Chelsey goes for a shorter length skirt when she is with her family than when she is with the Maxwells. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Mighty MEN? I see just a bunch of boys that should just go and get a real job, then they would not have the time to put all that nonsense on the blog - yes, I me you, Joshua Bontrager!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

22 minute plank? That is actually impressive. But the rest of the weekend really sounds like a huge pile of patriarchy and bullshit. Joshua really is a piece of work and he is getting worse IMHO. I get a BRADRICK! vibe from him.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Allison is making posts on her Instagram that make me think she’s not thrilled at going on tour again. Look how much she has been visiting Chelsy since they got back from the last tour. Now she’s leaving for a two month tour again and I’m sure she won’t see Chelsy, Mitchell, or Carson’s families until then. 

FA3517ED-4F9A-4EFC-A6D0-C50D93C7E9F3.jpeg

B102B2AC-B11B-456F-B09E-F310EE7A3FD8.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I wish Allison had a choice about going on tour. You can tell, if she was given a choice, she would move closer to Chelsy. Sadly only men get those choices. Females get to choose to have a happy attitude about not getting a choice. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Allison seems so so miserable. It seems like hates touring and being away from home and it sucks that she doesn't have a choice in this. 

Does anybody know what happened to the retreat she was organizing in Switzerland? I haven't seen anything about it on her social media for quite some time now.

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wish Allison had a choice about going on tour. You can tell, if she was given a choice, she would move closer to Chelsy. Sadly only men get those choices. Females get to choose to have a happy attitude about not getting a choice. 

Here’s my theory: 

No one is directly forcing her to go on tour. No one is telling her, “you have to go, you have no choice.” 

What I think the Bontragers do to her is guilt her into going. They make her feel like she has a choice when really she doesn’t. They tell her that they can’t tour without her because she is so important and needed in spreading god’s message. But if she were to get married tomorrow, they would be happy and immediately turn off the guilt trip. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Truthfully, if Alison didn't travel with them, there wouldn't be much of a singing group. She's by far the best singer of the bunch (in my opinion). She's a very strong lead and quite good on the violin. Several of the others play instruments very well also, but they are mostly better at "backup" in the singing department. Disclaimer: the younger girls are developing stronger voices, so this won't be true forever. 

I don't think she necessarily hates traveling, but I do believe that she would be happier if she could be home for longer than a month or two at a time, especially with her closer-in-age siblings married and/or no longer traveling with them. 

• Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, Lurkermember said:

Truthfully, if Alison didn't travel with them, there wouldn't be much of a singing group. She's by far the best singer of the bunch (in my opinion). She's a very strong lead and quite good on the violin. Several of the others play instruments very well also, but they are mostly better at "backup" in the singing department. Disclaimer: the younger girls are developing stronger voices, so this won't be true forever. 

I don't think she necessarily hates traveling, but I do believe that she would be happier if she could be home for longer than a month or two at a time, especially with her closer-in-age siblings married and/or no longer traveling with them. 

What’s interesting is that they were willing to add that goodlooking young man named Joe to their group when Josh and Cass were home with their newborn baby. Couldn’t they find a godly young musical maiden to replace Allison? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

That would be nice for Alison. Probably never going to happen, though.

I think you were pretty accurate in your previous comment about guilt. 

• Upvote 4

I don't think Alison does not like travel. I think she just doesn't like touring with her family and why would she: crowded bus, likely many chores, likely have to be all sweet and smiley when she is tired, likely can't do any of her own favourite hobbies etc. I suspect that if the choice was; work at the hotel/cook and clean at home OR travel to interesting places or travel to see people she wants to see she'd be a lot happier about travelling.

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Couldn’t they find a godly young musical maiden to replace Allison? 

Denver turns 20 this year, so finding a young musical fundie virgin could also mean to find another daughter-in-law that might, like Cassidy, join the band as well.

• Upvote 10

14 hours ago, ophelia said:

Denver turns 20 this year, so finding a young musical fundie virgin could also mean to find another daughter-in-law that might, like Cassidy, join the band as well.

It’s possible Denver is getting to know someone or is in a relationship. The Bontragers never tell until the engagement. Joshua got married at 20 so it’s possible Denver could be in a relationship at 19 and married at 20. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

In honor of Father's Day, Joshua wrote about (no joke) how much Wallace is obsessed with him. Also, he claims God loves him more than he could ever love Wallace. And he finishes off the post by proudly implying that he will do more for God that his father ever could.

Father of the Year, anyone? Seriously, WTF.

Also, I think I found Carolina Bontrager's Pinterest (someone here may have found it before, I know Bryn's has come up). 3 months ago she pinned a bunch of pregnancy-related stuff, in particular a graphic about improving ovary health/egg quality. So if she isn't pregnant yet, they're certainly trying.

• Upvote 11

29 minutes ago, Aithuia said:

In honor of Father's Day, Joshua wrote about (no joke) how much Wallace is obsessed with him. Also, he claims God loves him more than he could ever love Wallace. And he finishes off the post by proudly implying that he will do more for God that his father ever could.

Also, I think I found Carolina Bontrager's Pinterest (someone here may have found it before, I know Bryn's has come up). 3 months ago she pinned a bunch of pregnancy-related stuff, in particular a graphic about improving ovary health/egg quality. So if she isn't pregnant yet, they're certainly trying.

I was just thinking that it's about time for this crew to start with the pregnancy announcements again. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

I was just thinking that it's about time for this crew to start with the pregnancy announcements again. 

Last time they didn’t announce until they were 3 months along. I think Lina will announce first and then Cass. Maybe Lina will announce around Jubilee’s first birthday.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Last time they didn’t announce until they were 3 months along. I think Lina will announce first and then Cass. Maybe Lina will announce around Jubilee’s first birthday.

Lina is also under more pressure' she "only" had a girl the first time around.

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Aithuia said:

Which is exactly why I can't & won't even hate read him. His ego is astonishing for a mere human. 

As he tries to convince the world that his one year old loves him more than anyone on the whole planet, his sister is trying to convince the world that she loves being single & traveling with her family. 

The public Bontragers are much like Sarah Sanders - if they say it, reality is the opposite. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Allison is back to blogging. Break over. I wonder how she can be in a leadership role at the hotel without being there half the year? I know if I was an employee there and my boss was never there I wouldn’t take the job serious. Most supervisors in hotels, on her level, work 50-60 hours a week. Maybe only having a day or two off a week. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Allison is back to blogging. Break over. I wonder how she can be in a leadership role at the hotel without being there half the year? I know if I was an employee there and my boss was never there I wouldn’t take the job serious. Most supervisors in hotels, on her level, work 50-60 hours a week. Maybe only having a day or two off a week. 

You know why she’s back to blogging? Because she’s stuck touring again. Her life officially stops when she’s touring with her family. She has time to blog because she’s stuck on a bus for hours every day with her family. None of her closest friends are around. She’s not working her regular job. She doesn’t get to visit with Chelsy. She’s actually living a life she wants to live when she’s not touring. And when she’s on the bus, she gets to dwell on the fact that she’s still single and her same age siblings aren’t. They get to live their lives how they want. All because they’re married.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic