IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

I don't think that they do it sell products.  And I do think that they use social media to stay in touch with friends/family members.    But I'm wondering why some members have public ones while others private.   And some have multiple.  I feel like it is a way for them to proclaim the beauty and wonders of their lifestyle.  They are hoping to influence others.  For Martha and Addie I think it also fulfills a social void.  Perhaps for Kressant too since she is far from most of her family.  I think Addie created the dog account honestly as a way to distract herself.  She had a male friend who disappeared from her social media.  In their world you don't have opposite sex unrelated friends.  You have people that you are courting or engaged or married to.  She is nearing 30, childless and one of only 3 kids at home.  Katie moved out with her brood.  Her friends are getting married and having children.  Her baby brothers are 17 and 19.  She had dozens of kids that she plays Aunt Poogie for but at the end of the day she is sleeping by herself in her childhood bed.   I've always had a soft spot for her despite the fact that I think she'd drive me crazy IRL.  lol.  

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, JMO said:

Her baby brothers are 17 and 19. 

And likely will get married in the next years since, with the exception of Cleve, all male Mortons got married around 20.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

And likely will get married in the next years since, with the exception of Cleve, all male Mortons got married around 20.

That's one of the reasons I initially thought "match up" when the Campanas were there for Thanksgiving (before we knew it was for a Penis Party). Paul & Edwin are on the market and about to make sure Adeline is the lone unmarried Morton left to care for mommy & daddy & everyone else's kids. Not that the boys take care of anyone anyway, but, well, you know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

That's one of the reasons I initially thought "match up" when the Campanas were there for Thanksgiving (before we knew it was for a Penis Party). Paul & Edwin are on the market and about to make sure Adeline is the lone unmarried Morton left to care for mommy & daddy & everyone else's kids. Not that the boys take care of anyone anyway, but, well, you know. 

It seems Gabriella has some guy in her life already. I don’t know his name. So I don’t think she will be matched with Edwin. Maybe Gracia Campana when she's 18.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems Gabriella has some guy in her life already. I don’t know his name. So I don’t think she will be matched with Edwin. Maybe Gracia Campana when she's 18.

For now. Their groups have shown to move around/on; they don't seem to immediately belong to men they date as much as the S'Mortons of t he past.

I know she's not the same family, but she is the same interconnected group - - - Remember Campbell started 2018 dating some dude named Hugh and by November 2018 was married to John Morton. 

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

For now. Their groups have shown to move around/on; they don't seem to immediately belong to men they date as much as the S'Mortons of t he past.

I know she's not the same family, but she is the same interconnected group - - - Remember Campbell started 2018 dating some dude named Hugh and by November 2018 was married to John Morton. 

Wasn't Campbell the one who "dated" Trace Bates?

• Upvote 6

For all the Morton world makes me crazy, Martha & Adeline make me sad and frustrated. Addie's "father's love" "father" - whatever familial moniker she ties to her god. Martha's bible quotes and god's blessings. Both go so far beyond being "blessed" by their god to worshipping what they attribute to their god - it's just really freaking sad and pathetic. 

And, from the outside looking in, it doesn't seem healthy. God THE father is NOT your father. Every second of life is not some god's doing. No one is "blessed" for waking up in the morning or saying the right prayers or doing the "right" thing...it is really just so f*cking insane. 

They surpassed "be thankful for what you have" so long ago, their lives don't even resemble actual gratitude. 

I am torn between being repulsed and saddened. 

Also, Nora is just now three. And, her 3rd sibling is weeks away from being born. We know this. We talk about it and question it all the time. But, when thrown in front of you, it's just so...alarming? In a matter of weeks, Alyssa will have 4 children, all under the age of 3. And not even "late" 3, but "just" 3. 

I think of 3 year olds - and there are toddlers and a 4 year old in my family, so it's not totally foreign - and I am dumbfounded. 

The 4 year old was sick on Christmas and crying and whining and miserable; he needed mommy/daddy to get through the night. The 18 month old was good until she got tired, then she needed mommy. By about 8pm, neither parent could move without a child attached. As it should be, really. They left early with the tired toddler and sick 4 year old. We tried to help, but the kids didn't want us. They wanted mom & dad, period. End. of Story. 

I cannot imagine, seriously, that poor, miserable 4 year old boy trying to get the love and comfort he needed with 3 younger siblings needing attention. It wouldn't happen. 

And that just makes me freaking sad. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 16

On 7/24/2019 at 12:23 AM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

While we're on the subject of Campanas and Trewhellas, have we discussed this? It's a short Return of the Daughters-esque film promoting the quiverfull lifestyle, and they and a handful of other families are interviewed in it. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, just skipped ahead far enough to hear Mariah refer to her mother as a "dieticianist."

I like how when they show montages of the kids with heartfelt background piano, and a sentimental talking head, they are always getting along in idyllic settings.  They never show the screaming fights and mad crying that you know goes on with that many small kids in close proximity.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

They're all such...kids. Still posing for stupid pics-thinking they're being all mlilenial & cool. Sharing pics of a nail in the thumb and other accidnts at "work". Pinterest poses, clothes, accessories. When all in all, they are nothing like they try to portray. And have pretty much zero maturity. Even many of those who have managed to reproduce.

It just makes me sad. I think of my nieces & nephews & cousins who are the same ages, and they are so freaking different. Even the 24 year old man child who thinks life is a party and has screwed up (and is fixing/learning) is more mature and adult than the Morton (and the like) children married off and trying to make babies. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I wonder wether the older Mortons Wes&Rachel and Kressant&Michael were as immature when they first got married. Social Media wasn't that big when they started out so we never had so many glimpses into their life.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone see John's latest IG story of a row of guns/riles, captioned with #trump2020? 

The wilfull ignorance of the tRump+evangelical marriage is astonishing to me. There is nothing religious about him, other than his pandering. 

Fundies must be proud that they are so easily entrapped in someone else's agenda. 

And, ew. The awfulness of the Mortons is no surprise, never ending. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

The younger Mortons have all attended Trump rally's. They are all big MAGA folk - like most fundies. They  might have started to allow their women to wear pants but they hold all the same fundie beliefs they always did. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Anyone see John's latest IG story of a row of guns/riles, captioned with #trump2020? 

The wilfull ignorance of the tRump+evangelical marriage is astonishing to me. There is nothing religious about him, other than his pandering. 

Fundies must be proud that they are so easily entrapped in someone else's agenda. 

And, ew. The awfulness of the Mortons is no surprise, never ending. 

The Mortons aren’t the only ones. They just seem to be the most loud and proud. I would wager that 90% of the fundies we talk about on fj voted for trump. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 6

I know evangelicals have a love affair with tRump. But, it still kind of hits me when they toss it out there like a badge of honor or something. 

Evangelicals/religion and tRump just doesn't make an ounce of sense to me and I can't wrap my brain around it. So, it's like a bowling ball hitting the pins - it just tosses all logic around and I can' t put it back together.

I also think John's post, and others like it, are very indicative of his immaturity. He has no filter. He likes "shock" value. He loves to play and goof off. He hasn't matured enough to have respect for anything other than what he wants to shout. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Is Trump against abortion? Because that's the only reason I could see fundies have for backing him.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Is Trump against abortion? Because that's the only reason I could see fundies have for backing him.

He spoke today at the anti abortion rally. So he is paying lip service to anti choice zealots.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just glad John didn’t knock Campbell up on their honeymoon like so many of his brothers. 

I'm glad too, but also surprised. Do you think they're experiencing infertility?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Is Trump against abortion?

tRump says he's against it. All politics though -- throwing red meat to the talibangelical base.

He all but admitted pushing former wife Marla Maples into aborting the pregnancy that resulted in Tiffany's birth. There have also been rumors for years that he forced various women with whom he's had affairs to have abortions if they became pregnant.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, albireo said:

I'm glad too, but also surprised. Do you think they're experiencing infertility?

Can’t say. Although the Roberts kids come from a family with 12 kids, I imagine that they all aren’t anti-birth control. Her sister had 2 girls close in age and answered a question last year that led me to believe they aren’t leaving it up to god. And her brother has been married awhile and they haven’t announced a pregnancy. So they could go either way in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He spoke today at the anti abortion rally. So he is paying lip service to anti choice zealots.

Yep. Martha took a picture of him on tv & shared it with a quote. They're in deep. He knows it. He panders to them because they're his base. They're all too stupid and easily manipulated to understand he'd drop them like a hot potato if another group came up with more money for him. 

As for John not knocking Campbell up yet - not for lack of trying, I'd bed my paycheck on that. There are a bazillion reasons pregnancy doesn't happen. It's been over a year, and could just be chance, but I'd also bet a paycheck they are not taking it as their god's will and are already exploring "medical" reasons for not having reproduced yet. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, John and Campbell do to pursue medical intervention if they need it. Seemingly, for whatever reason, Martha has elected to treat her own acknowledged secondary infertility at home with Magic Kool-Aid and Jesus Memes. So I dunno. If there is a problem of some sort, there really isn't much of a family precedent to gauge how they'd proceed.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, John and Campbell do to pursue medical intervention if they need it.

Can't remember -- are they are on Scamaritan or something similar? If so, it looks like at least some of the expenses for infertility treatments may be "shareable" by Scamaritan participants.

2030896265_Scamaritaninfertility.thumb.png.08c2d1c6a8d86728ff990353898aca5d.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

On 1/6/2020 at 12:08 AM, ophelia said:

I wonder wether the older Mortons Wes&Rachel and Kressant&Michael were as immature when they first got married. Social Media wasn't that big when they started out so we never had so many glimpses into their life.

I think if the blogs are close to accurate, the oldest couples were sister moms and full time workers at very, very young ages. Illegally young I'd imagine in a lot of other states. I think for them it was a lot more like how I see Jill and Jessas courtship and marriages depicted versus say Carlin or Josie Bates. They had already drunk deeply from the hardcore Kool aid. I'd imagine more awkward and role playing then immature like the social media generation of fundies have been. 

Also Martha I think posted, they have puppies now so score another point for the FJ idle speculation. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic