IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

The bride and Adeline are longtime friends and crop up in each others' social media pretty regularly. Sarah has a blog, and while she's much more liberal than the Mortons she's still pretty deep in the patriarchy:

https://sarahdashataylor.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/dear-men-im-not-angry-at-you/

https://sarahdashataylor.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/the-birth-control-issue/

https://sarahdashataylor.wordpress.com/2016/10/31/why-gender-matters-part-1/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I may not be a fan of John and Campbell, but this bride and groom seem like a pair I could get along with. 

3517D40A-F405-4AEA-966D-51FA5E27B781.jpeg

There’s a confused reaction so I will explain. I love that they have a sign referencing The Office at their wedding. They have a good sense of humor. 

• Thank You 2

Even as I was moved and grateful for the beauty of adoption, I thought about how I wish this birth-control issue didn’t exist and that everyone would just keep their pants on until they got married.

That way, children would be born into families, they could stay with their biological parents, and we would all live happily ever after. In this perfect world, there would be no need for adoption or foster care or pregnancy centers, because everyone would be making the right decisions.
As I considered the ramifications of this perfect world I was imagining, I realized outside of heaven this will never exist. We can’t fix unplanned pregnancies with birth-control, we can’t fix unplanned pregnancies with sex education, we can’t fix broken families with birth control, and

we can’t fix our mistakes with abortions.

From one of the linked blog posts.

Hey, dumbass, I'm married and I still don't want children.  Abstinence until marriage isn't a cure-all for unwanted pregnancy, even if it was realistic to expect everyone to follow it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The bride and Adeline are longtime friends and crop up in each others' social media pretty regularly. Sarah has a blog, and while she's much more liberal than the Mortons she's still pretty deep in the patriarchy:

https://sarahdashataylor.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/dear-men-im-not-angry-at-you/

https://sarahdashataylor.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/the-birth-control-issue/

https://sarahdashataylor.wordpress.com/2016/10/31/why-gender-matters-part-1/

Well I guess I couldn’t get along with them in real life. Her posts are terrible. It makes me sad because I like their sense of humor. It sucks when a decent sense of humor is wasted on fundies. 

• I Agree 2

Off topic but does anyone know what is up with Katie Smith Morton? I don't have access to her or Adeline's insta or any facebook accounts but on some of the younger generation of Mortons instagrams I'll see other family members (mother and father Morton even made a brief appearance at Thanksgiving) but never Katie. I wonder how she is doing.

Edited by browngrl
added the word instagrams
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, browngrl said:

Off topic but does anyone know what is up with Katie Smith Morton? I don't have access to her or Adeline's insta or any facebook accounts but on some of the younger generation of Mortons instagrams I'll see other family members (mother and father Morton even made a brief appearance at Thanksgiving) but never Katie. I wonder how she is doing.

From context clues in other peoples' social media, it seems likely that she and her children have moved out of the main house, into a home in the near vicinity. A "house warming" party was hosted for her  a couple of months ago at Martha's (formerly Kress and Mike's) house, and within a few weeks of that, her children stopped appearing as frequently in family photos. They do show up occasionally, typically at organized events rather than just casually in the background. Katie has maintained her layered haircut, and looks great.

It seems bizarre that Katie would have moved herself and her brood from a mostly empty FREE home with built-in help, and out from under the oversight of Papa Patriarch  Morton, but perhaps it was necessary for some reason. (I assume that some of her children may still be receiving some attention from Georgia family services.) It's too much to hope for, but I'd like to believe that she preferred to reestablish her own household, found a place, and made it happen.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 12/8/2019 at 7:01 PM, teachergirl said:

Actually you CAN fix unplanned pregnancies with sex education and does anyone else think Campbell looks pregnant?

I didnt notice that but she's overdue by Morton wife standards. I did  notice in one of her recent stories that Kennedy-Irresponsible-Endangerment-of-Children-in-Cars looked like she was sporting a bump for #3. I didnt screenshot it and at this point it would be so expected for her or Alyssa to quietly pop out another that its not even interesting anymore.

Also I'm forever upset with Kenideck for that video of her toddler standing in the car going down the highway and then being a defensive little bitch about it. She deserves a nickname for it as a permanent reminder.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, freethemall said:

did  notice in one of her recent stories that Kennedy-Irresponsible-Endangerment-of-Children-in-Cars looked like she was sporting a bump for #3.

She's on the list-- expecting a girl in February.

I personally don't think Campbell is pregnant, if only because I think she'll make an announcement the moment the stick dries.

• Upvote 1

I agree. When Campbell finds out she's pregnant, social media will know about it loud and clear and probably in some form of posed/Pinterest/pretend modeling form of a post. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

She's on the list-- expecting a girl in February.

I personally don't think Campbell is pregnant, if only because I think she'll make an announcement the moment the stick dries.

Ah, of course she is. The younger Morton wife set seem to have only girls - Kennedy will have 3, Alyssa has 3, Martha has 1.

23 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Ah, of course she is. The younger Morton wife set seem to have only girls - Kennedy will have 3, Alyssa has 3, Martha has 1.

And that’s why there was a damn fireworks show for the penis having child Alyssa is carrying :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

• Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, dramallama said:

From one of the linked blog posts.

Hey, dumbass, I'm married and I still don't want children.  Abstinence until marriage isn't a cure-all for unwanted pregnancy, even if it was realistic to expect everyone to follow it.

Ugh I just can't with this mentality. Newsflash - children of married parents still go to foster care. Married women still have abortions (15% of all abortions actually). Marriage isn't a cure-all for all of life's problems.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And that’s why there was a damn fireworks show for the penis having child Alyssa is carrying :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Oh gosh, I'm behind. But also, of course she is. I just watched the gender reveal video with fireworks.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the entire Morton clan has collectively decided to get into breeding small dogs and become dog influencers. 

https://www.instagram.com/thepawsofthefamily/ Jeanine, Addie, Martha, and Campbell all seem to be involved. 

Edited by albireo
Trying to fix formatting on mobile
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 3

7 minutes ago, albireo said:

It looks like the entire Morton clan has collectively decided to get into breeding small dogs and become dog influencers. 

https://www.instagram.com/thepawsofthefamily/ Jeanine, Addie, Martha, and Campbell all seem to be involved. 

The poodles make me think they'll do those trendy hybrids. Cockerdoodles or whatever. Oy - backyard breeding is exactly what the world needs. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Yikes. LeRoy, the black tri aussie would never win any conformation contests but isn't too bad looking. However, unless he excels at activities such as agility or tracking or working stock, he shouldn't be bred and even if he does have those qualities, he needs to pass a hip & elbow OFA evaluation and an eye evaluation.  I have no words for the red merle mini, Wiggles. That dog is an embarrassment to the breed. Cute companion animal but that's all. And, that's okay, as long as they aren't breeding these dogs.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

as long as they aren't breeding these dogs

I'll bet dollars to donuts they plan to do exactly this. They don't do family planning for themselves and they'll approach dog breeding with the same attitude. Snarky  side note: Cleve used to look reasonably handsome but he seems to really be settling into frumpy middle age. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, browngrl said:

I'll bet dollars to donuts they plan to do exactly this. They don't do family planning for themselves and they'll approach dog breeding with the same attitude. Snarky  side note: Cleve used to look reasonably handsome but he seems to really be settling into frumpy middle age. 

I always thought Cleve was one of the best looking Morton’s. But I think the Morton men don’t age well at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Have the Mortons ever addressed why so many of them feel compelled to keep up with social media?  I mean it makes sense for them to post for each other and their friends since a bunch of them are in another hemisphere but why continue to create content for the masses?  Is it part of spreading the word to show us heathens how wonderful it is to have eleventy children and do so with a joyful spirit while worshipping their menfolk? Kressant is in a rural developing area.  She has no running water and currently no cellphone and yet she is logging in on someone else's phone with someone else's picture that they shared to show what a wonderful Christmas they are having.  Maybe it gives her a connection back home?  I don't get her life in general so it doesn't make sense to me.  

I'll bet that most of them are on public social media to sell something. IIRC Martha sells plexus and Campbell is shilling some sort of makeup/skin care. One of them has an on line business selling some jewelry. I suspect there is someone shilling essential oils in their circle as well.

Most fundie women seem to be involved in one MLM or another. When will they learn it would be financially wiser to learn a trade or skill or earn a degree and then get a real job. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t think Kressant is selling anything. Maybe it’s a way of staying connected to everyone back home?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic