IGNORED

Seriously Steve 2: She Was a Woman, So She Probably F*cked Up Somewhere

HerNameIsBuffy

16 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

He’s talking about his dad, right? 

Oh, yeah, maybe. There's a special level of vitriol there.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

@Odd1Out, you may be right about him referring to his dad.

Someone mentioned in this thread, IIRC, about Steve having Teri put toothpaste on his toothbrush.  I believe that practice is common among prostitutes in Thailand.  

@smittykins,  I watched Looney Tunes again today.  Yesterday, it was Bugs vs Nasty Canasta and today it was Bugs and Blaque Jaques Shellaque.  I've probably not seen these cartoons in 30 years.  

• Upvote 6

Okay my brain just launched off on a weird tangent of "what if the reason Sarah spends so long churning out her books is because she has secret writing projects no one knows about and she's only pretending to be a terrible writer so she doesn't get caught bettering herself..."  Which is a ridiculous idea I need to remember for a future novel.

• Upvote 12

On 5/8/2020 at 6:10 AM, PennySycamore said:

I believe that practice is common among prostitutes in Thailand

Still not getting the attraction of it. I mean fetishes are a thing and all, but that one seems like a... less common one? Certainly not one I'd expect as common practice, anyway. (If there's more to it feel free to NOT enlighten me. I don't need to know, honest.)

Prince Charles allegedly has a servant do that for him every day. 

It doesn't have to be a sex thing for Steve. Probably more of a "I'm so important, you need to worship me in any way I can think of" thing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

7 hours ago, Foudeb said:

It doesn't have to be a sex thing for Steve. Probably more of a "I'm so important, you need to worship me in any way I can think of" thing. 

Chuck is completely helpless.  In one of the Royal Family tell all books he was in his office working and threw a piece of paper in the wastebasket by mistake. The basket was right next to his desk. Instead of just leaning over and picking it out he pages a servant to come in and do it for him.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Still not getting the attraction of it. I mean fetishes are a thing and all, but that one seems like a... less common one? Certainly not one I'd expect as common practice, anyway. (If there's more to it feel free to NOT enlighten me. I don't need to know, honest.)

Idk, this is one of the things (along with the epic pizza saga) that has more than a little D/s shading for me in their relationship.  Maybe I'm wrong...but those whiffs are strong from these two at times.  

But I think that about a lot of these gen 1 fundy couples and why it bothers me SO much that they expect their kids to follow in their footsteps.  

You can pass a lot of things on to your kids, your eye color, sense of humor, love of learning, gramma's potato salad recipe...but not your kinks.  

(I am not kink shaming at all.  Whatever dynamic works for a couple and they harm no one, good for them, even if it's toothpaste play.  Just leave other people out of it, especially your kids.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, Foudeb said:

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Chuck is completely helpless.  In one of the Royal Family tell all books he was in his office working and threw a piece of paper in the wastebasket by mistake. The basket was right next to his desk. Instead of just leaning over and picking it out he pages a servant to come in and do it for him.

The Duke of Windsor had someone doing that every day for him too. When he gave up the crown suddenly no one was putting toothpaste on his brush. He didn't know how to do it himself.  I guess its only if your the King and/or heir? At least back then although I doubt Andrew knows how to do it either. I hope William and Harry aren't that helpless.  

• Upvote 4

One doesn’t have to go to those sites but can have plenty of “eye candy” at stores, around town, and even at church these days, which prompts impure thoughts.

Seems that Stevie has been looking at tits again. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

What about the dad who goes out and actually cheats on his wife? Why did he go from wives actually cheating to men "mentally  / visually" cheating. 

That is really an apples/oranges comparison. Whatever any kind of cheating does to families/people, there are differences. 

If a man walking into Walmart and seeing a woman with contrasting buttons gets his juices flowing, it is not at all the same as a woman going out and having an affair. Nor is a woman getting all hot & bothered over a man in a good fitting pair of jeans the same as a husband going out and banging someone else. 

I suspect Steve has very serious self control issues given his obsession with how he sees women. If a woman's cleavage makes him cry & obsessing over the "eye candy" of human women daring to walk around in public, I'd say Steve needs to have more time with his god to learn SELF control. If he learns to control himself, maybe he won't be so controlling of others. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

What about the dad who goes out and actually cheats on his wife? Why did he go from wives actually cheating to men "mentally  / visually" cheating. 

That is really an apples/oranges comparison. Whatever any kind of cheating does to families/people, there are differences. 

If a man walking into Walmart and seeing a woman with contrasting buttons gets his juices flowing, it is not at all the same as a woman going out and having an affair. Nor is a woman getting all hot & bothered over a man in a good fitting pair of jeans the same as a husband going out and banging someone else. 

I bet he thinks women have sex for emotional connection only and attraction is only based on looks/chemistry for men.  

I think he'd be shocked at the thought of a woman looking at a strange man in your example of defrauding jeans and thinking ....mmm, yummy.  

You know - the lustful look Teri gives a bottle of Pepsi in her deepest fantasies.

• Upvote 11

Lately I have encountered SO many types of Christians. All very pleasant and tolerable. Then I think about Steve and wonder if these type of Christians are good enough for him. But yet his sons run a business where I'm sure they will encounter these type of Christians, plus their money is helping his sons live this debt free life and help support children and the many others they intend on having.

• Upvote 7

Oh, @Tangy Bee, rest assured that he’s more than happy to take *anyone’s* dirty money.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 5/11/2020 at 9:15 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

The Duke of Windsor had someone doing that every day for him too. When he gave up the crown suddenly no one was putting toothpaste on his brush. He didn't know how to do it himself.  I guess its only if your the King and/or heir? At least back then although I doubt Andrew knows how to do it either. I hope William and Harry aren't that helpless.  

I don't know a ton about the royals, but didn't Harry serve in Afghanistan? And William flies helicopters, or at least did. I don't doubt they are pampered but I'm betting they are capable of putting toothpaste on their own toothbrushes.

And the queen, at least as a young woman, knew how to change tires and such. I don't get the impression that she's helpless. Maybe that's more the men in her family?

I agree that Steve is a control freak about others because he has very little self control, at least when it comes to lust.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I agree that Steve is a control freak about others because he has very little self control, at least when it comes to lust.

Steve is very much a control freak. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to control the type of treatment that Anna-Marie gets for her cancer. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I don't know a ton about the royals, but didn't Harry serve in Afghanistan? And William flies helicopters, or at least did. I don't doubt they are pampered but I'm betting they are capable of putting toothpaste on their own toothbrushes.

And the queen, at least as a young woman, knew how to change tires and such. I don't get the impression that she's helpless. Maybe that's more the men in her family?

The Princess Elizabeth was a badass back during WWII, and, even though she always wears hats and carries her handbag, still is.  

The young princess was a member of the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) which was the women's branch of the British Army.  I believe that she serves as an auto mechanic, working on jeeps and other military vehicles.   And as Queen, even though she does not express her political views, she did make it known that she did nor approve of apartheid.  I wish I could recall the details but it involved her visits to other Commonwealth countries in Africa where she was throwing shade at the South African regime.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

don't know a ton about the royals, but didn't Harry serve in Afghanistan? And William flies helicopters, or at least did. I don't doubt they are pampered but I'm betting they are capable of putting toothpaste on their own toothbrushes

Prince Charles also served in both the air force and the Royal Navy. I take a lot of these stories about his learned helplessness with a grain of salt to be honest.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Steve is very much a control freak. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to is controlling the type of treatment that Anna-Marie gets for her cancer. 

FTFY

Also just putting out there an expression we use down here for someone who is so, so, so ostentatiously publicly Christian -- "Climb down off the cross honey. Somebody else needs the wood."

• Upvote 9

• 4 weeks later...

Today's Seriously email sucks, especially the verse at the end.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Suddenly Steve always sounds like a hellish glimpse into the lives of his children. Which daughter in law isn't submitting properly enough for Steve? Which son isn't doing enough in Steve's eyes to keep his wife in line? 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

10 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

Suddenly Steve always sounds like a hellish glimpse into the lives of his children. Which daughter in law isn't submitting properly enough for Steve? Which son isn't doing enough in Steve's eyes to keep his wife in line? 

Without even reading the screed (don't need to pollute my brain with his misogyny) I'm going to guess Joe and Elissa.

I actually think that John and Chelsy are probably the primary targets, but Chelsy is too good at political games/has Steve running somewhat scared/has a good understanding with John/Steve doesn't want to piss off the Bontragers, so Steve is writing something aimed at Joe and Elissa because he thinks they might actually cave while secretly hoping that John and Chelsy get the subtext.

I've always got the impression from Joe and Elissa's absence from the blog that they're rather less acquiescent to Steve's control  than Steve would really like, but they act very sweet around him so that there's nothing he can actually complain about (vs. Chelsy wearing pants.) Also, Joe and John are both financially independent; Steve can't control them with money. So he's trying to preach at them.  I really doubt it'll work.

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Genesis 2:24

(Heh, I just realized that since I didn't read the thing, maybe that's not what this specific edition is about. But @AllisonWndrland I trust you that at some point he's covered those topics!)

Edited by Jigsaw3
Clarify my assumptions
  • Upvote 5

@Jigsaw3, I think it is probably Joe and Elissa, but with plenty of shade at John and Chelsy thrown into the mix. Chelsy in pants and wearing a relatively short dress in recent photos is guaranteed to be some of the motivation. 

He rolled with Ephesians 5:22-24 this week, specifically targeting wives needing to submit to husbands. 

• Upvote 4

On 6/11/2020 at 1:14 AM, fundiefan said:

What was even his point? "Man is boss...cars...mumble...mumble"? 

Yeah he's got to be hinting at someone, cos I couldn't make head or tail of how those paragraphs were meant to connect.  It's pretty incoherent if you're looking for a straightforward message.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic