IGNORED

Seriously Steve 2: She Was a Woman, So She Probably F*cked Up Somewhere

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

To make it even worse, I think their morning Bible time is actually individual time with “Dad.” Am I remembering that correctly? 

I think family bible time is in the evening, after dinner. They seem to have their personal time at 6:15am. Shit even when I was working I couldn't see straight enough at 6:15am to read or comprehend anything. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

@feministxtian, the idea of *having* to get up at the crack of dawn to do anything, let alone Stevehovah-mandated Bible study, makes my brain explode. A friend once invited me to a farm and garden supplies expo and said it’s best to get there when it opened at 4 AM so the best plants would still be available. I told her I wouldn’t even get up that early for the second coming of Christ. (Apologies for the blasphemy.)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, Hane said:

@feministxtian, the idea of *having* to get up at the crack of dawn to do anything, let alone Stevehovah-mandated Bible study, makes my brain explode. A friend once invited me to a farm and garden supplies expo and said it’s best to get there when it opened at 4 AM so the best plants would still be available. I told her I wouldn’t even get up that early for the second coming of Christ. (Apologies for the blasphemy.)

4am? screw that noise! There's no way. I can stay up until 4am but rousting me out of bed at 4 ain't gonna happen...even if you  promised me an all you can drink coffee bar. I've done it for certain flights but I purposely search out later flights. 

I was awoken this morning by a phone call having to do with this start up I'm involved with. I had to go from sleeping to wide awake and fairly intelligent sounding...it wasn't easy. I'm like a 2 year old without her blankie before coffee. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

New Seriously & Corner ramblings published today. Both are pretty much the same thing - when you feel fear or doubt or whatever, lock it away and recite the bible. There, god fixed it for you.

• Upvote 7

On 4/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, feministxtian said:

4am? screw that noise! There's no way. I can stay up until 4am but rousting me out of bed at 4 ain't gonna happen...even if you  promised me an all you can drink coffee bar. I've done it for certain flights but I purposely search out later flights. 

I was awoken this morning by a phone call having to do with this start up I'm involved with. I had to go from sleeping to wide awake and fairly intelligent sounding...it wasn't easy. I'm like a 2 year old without her blankie before coffee. 

I always looked for later college classes, even though parking was brutal.  Even now I don't like getting up before 10am.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Before Covid 19 lockdown, I used to get up at 4:30 to make it to the gym by 4:45 to workout.  My job has a high burn-out rate (I work with kids with extreme behavior) and the hour I spend in the gym  helps me help them.  As for reading the Bible, I doubt I could even see at 4:30.

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 3:09 PM, fundiefan said:

New Seriously & Corner ramblings published today. Both are pretty much the same thing - when you feel fear or doubt or whatever, lock it away and recite the bible. There, god fixed it for you.

Today's seriously preached about how "by their acts they would be known.".     Hmmm, let's see-preaching to a captive audience at a nursing home, making baked stuff that the recipients have to come get themselves, preaching to children in exchange for balloon delights.  YUp, that tells me that Stevehovah and his indoctrinated family are Christians in pretty much name only.

Hello,Steve!   Is the name "Pharisee" pretty close in meaning to the name "Maxwell?"

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

What the ever loving f*ck? Seriously, Steve? 

I think he's gone round the bend and has no control over his faculties. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Yikes. That went to a darker place than I’ve normally seen him take things. But maybe if I hung on a cross I wouldn’t complain. O wait, I’m a woman. So maybe none of this applies anyway. 

• Upvote 7

Steve needs go reflect on how he has invested in his wife:

1.  Reversed his vasectomy.

2.  Prayed away his wife's depression versus getting her help.

3.  Making an idol out of her Pepsi.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I will admit that post made me feel sorry for Terri. Steve doesn't love Terri for Terri.  Steve 'loves' Terri only to earn favour with his judgemental and wrathful God.  

I am  utterly amazed (well, actually not) that he has the hubris to claim to know that God held the husband to greater accountability than the wife.  That appears to be elevating himself to the place of knowing what is God's mind, and there is that sticky commandment of not placing other Gods, including the self, before God (Exodus 20:3).  Steve seems to have forgotten that self-idolatry transgresses that commandment. 

Dear Steve.  Since you are too much of a coward to allow comments, and therefore engage in any kind of critical examination of you fragile theology, I would strongly suggest you read Matthew 7: 1-3.  

On 4/1/2020 at 9:20 PM, mango_fandango said:

The latest Seriously article mentions how “entertainment” of any sort during the pandemic/lockdown/etc is baaaaaad and we should all be learning instead. Fuck’s sake, Steve! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and all that. Entertainment is not a bad thing, dumbass. Just because you let your child play computer games or sports does not mean that they’ll grow up to become idle layabouts as adults. Our brains need time to switch off. 

Remember, this is a family with no meaningful appreciation for mental health challenges. AT. ALL.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Of course, Stevehovah wouldn't see the pandemic and subsequent lockdown as challenging at all.  They don't associate with others outside their family on a regular basis at all.  

Right now, I'm watching Looney Tunes on Boomerang.  There are no children present, only a 65 year old woman.  Eh, what's up doc?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 5

28 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Right now, I'm watching Looney Tunes on Boomerang.  There are no children present, only a 65 year old woman.  Eh, what's up doc?

That is exactly how I watched “Frozen” - alone in my family room with no children in sight. I’ll probably watch “Frozen II” the same way.  

I also just bought some kids jigsaw puzzles from Amazon. I wanted a couple of 200 or 300 piece puzzles so I could put one together in one sitting and not spend days on my 1000 piece one*. Of course, many of the smaller ones are for kids, but the pictures are cute.  Should be fun. 

*I ordered this USA map puzzle months ago and am so glad I have it to work on. 

17E367C3-398D-42E8-98E3-56E7B4593AD1.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I have no words, just read the first and last paragraphs.  https://articles.titus2.com/want-to-be-thrilled/?/

Wow. Just... wow.

It does, however remind me of my theory that most fundies run on fear. They believe God is like a vengeful judge hoping they'll forget to dot a single "i" so he can toss them into hell. And apparently he will "take out" someone who dares to complain about his wife when going to someone for advice about his marriage. 

Way to spread that Christian love, Steve. That'll "encourage" others.

I think Steve has serious issues. I have no doubt that in his younger years he probably had a little too much wild fun (ahem, where did he get the idea to have Terri put the toothpaste on his toothbrush for him?), and since he thinks he's the center of the universe he can't imagine that other people might manage to enjoy life without being terrified of being struck down and sent to hell. He can't enjoy entertainment without getting obsessed, so nobody can. He weeps at the slightest sight of cleavage and contrasting buttons make him look at boobs, so they MUST be sinful. It can't possibly be that he has a lack of self-control, not at all. 

In a normal family, the kids might grow up to find they've never tried something common like, IDK, we'll say spaghetti. Mom and dad don't like spaghetti, so they never made it or ordered it, so the kids never ended up trying it. 

With Steve, it's fun, and enjoyment. He can't handle having fun. It makes him feel guilty, no matter how innocent it is, because he's easily obsessed. So anyone in his family who enjoys something "too much", is encouraged to weep and pray and give up whatever Steve has declared an "idol". 

Unless it's something Steve enjoys that he's managed to justify to himself. Like vacationing the same place every year, and hiking the same mountains every year. Those things are A-OK. But Terri's pepsi? Idol!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

So Steve thinks God “took out” the husband who couldn’t stand his wife?

So...God’s a hitman now?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

With the same fucked up logic, does that mean God tried to take Steve out by sending him heart disease?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

It's several hours later and to be honest, I am still raging at Steve's "Seriously" & can't get it out of my head. 

How the ever loving f*cuk does he live with himself? How does his family live with such a horrible, heartless, evil, sinister view of the world? 

I've always known he's mentally unstable, but he is off the charts crazy. And dangerous. 

He thwarted god's plan to "take him out" with a heart attack when he used science & medicine to fix his problem then became obsessive about food. Clearly, if his god wants to "take someone out" - that person can tell god to shove it. Or, at least Steve can. 

Holy hell, I cannot express at all how much I despise that mother f*cker. 

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 10

Additionally that's some really messy writing.  The way it opens feels like there's an introductory paragraph missing.  Ending with a parenthetical paragraph is weird too.

• Upvote 5

Wild Speculation Bus Ride - Teri got pissed off enough at Steve to hack his Seriously... newsletter with a letter of her own.

If Steve drops dead unexpectedly we'll all know it was totally the Lord's Work, and definitely not look too closely at Steve's last bean-filled burrito...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

Steve has said so many awful things in his life; that had to be one of the worst. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

I finally read it and wow.  I know it's always been my dream to be loved by a man because he was commanded to do so upon threat of death.

From the outside their marriage looks like a nightmare.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Of course, Stevehovah wouldn't see the pandemic and subsequent lockdown as challenging at all.  They don't associate with others outside their family on a regular basis at all.  

And I’m a 53-year-old woman who plays MLB The Show 20 on PS4.  And kicking butt, might I add.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic