IGNORED

Seriously Steve 2: She Was a Woman, So She Probably F*cked Up Somewhere

HerNameIsBuffy

We're two Seriouslys? behind. One is called "Proving Opportunities". If you plan to celebrate Halloween does that glorify Jesus and do you have scripture to back it up?

Spoiler

We are approaching a day at the end of the month that Christians are quite divided on. Some say it is simple, harmless fun for children. Others say it is evil, and every aspect related to it should be abhorred. 

Where do you stand, and what do you base your position on? Maybe it was how you were raised, or it is simply your opinion because you feel that way. As believers, purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ, we should have a Scriptural basis for everything we do. 

“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him” (Colossians 3:17). Doing in the name of the Lord Jesus means we only do things consistent with God’s Word. 

It is easy to mindlessly do things that others do without questioning. In this case, we should, however, ask ourselves: Is the name of Jesus being exalted or debased in having ANYTHING to do with “participating” in that holiday? “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil” (1 Thessalonians 5:21,22). “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil…” (Proverbs 8:13). 

My Brothers, we have proving “opportunities” that reveal our love for our Savior, all day, every day.

The next one is Begin With The Beginning Steve says being religious is more than just going to church on Sundays. These evangelicals can never decide. Do they want more people to join or the church to be smaller and filled with only the fundies?

Spoiler

Are you a spiritual brood-parasite? There are a few types of birds, (I.E. cuckoos and cowbirds) where the mother lays her egg in another type of bird’s nest. The other, unsuspecting mother bird then hatches and feeds the imposter hatchling, thinking the imposter is her own offspring. 

Churches seem to have a similar problem. Each week, professing Christians (spiritual brood parasites) who are not saved go to church “worshipping” and “fellowshipping” outwardly. They then go home feeling like they are part of the family of God, but in actuality, they are a bird of a different feather. That imposter cannot please God in anyway. “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God” (Romans 8:8). 

Jesus said you must be born again (John 3:7). Friends, that new birth is real and imparts a new nature. Our old nature is hell bound, but the new nature, is heaven-bound. The lost person cannot worship God as he is under the wrath of God. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (John 3:36). If you aren’t saved and want to be, or not sure if you are saved and tired of pretending, reply to this email with “let’s talk” in the Subject Line. 

The saved person can worship God. The question is, will we? (To be continued.)

2 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Steve would love this one; the hardcore Trumpers have referred to Trump as GEOTUS-God Emperor Of The United States.  If you google GEOTUS in relation to Trump, it is used by supporters "in a semi-joking way".  I didn't even know GEOTUS was a thing until my son told me about it.   

They're insane. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

Is that inspired by the God-Emperor of Mankind in Warhammer 40k?  I can't imagine Steve approving of such a hobby.

• Upvote 4

I'm betting there are people in his church the all knowing Stevie-boy has decided are not, in fact, Christians and he is using his appointment as god's right hand man to judge them. 

As for Halloween, Steve is just scared of fun as well as incapable of comprehending that no person has to live every single second of their life proving their worthiness to their god. (and anyone else who will listen/read)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

21 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I'm betting there are people in his church the all knowing Stevie-boy has decided are not, in fact, Christians and he is using his appointment as god's right hand man to judge them. 

This was my thought as I was reading that. Steve is judging the people in his new church hard.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

This was my thought as I was reading that. Steve is judging the people in his new church hard.

How long will it before Steve says fuck it and goes back to home churching. IIRC he got annoyed by the youth and men's groups in his old church so he left.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 12
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

How long will it before Steve says fuck it and goes back to home churching. IIRC he got annoyed by the youth and men's groups in his old church so he left.

If the nursing home has any accountability, they won't let hold church services there until after the Pandemic is over.  And Christopher and Anna Marie will keep doing what they're doing. So probably no home church until after the Pandemic.

Steve must like having an audience or why hold the services in a nursing home?  His reversal boys don't seem likely to return to home-churching. It will just be him, Teri, their daughters and Nathan, Melanie, and their kids. They may not be enough of an audience for him. 

• Upvote 7

I can imagine Steve finding it difficult having to sit and listen to other people preach, and watch other people approach someone for advice and guidance that isn’t him.

I would also be interested to hear if the church they now attend has a youth group, a camp (for children or teens) or (god forbid) teams or clubs! My church had a choir for children and the adult choir, a drama group (and no, not just religious plays, we put on all sorts of productions) and worst of all non- Christianity related groups used our hall space! Their were fitness classes and a toddler group and a board game club and every month the church held a movie night! These things aren’t necessarily abnormal so I would love to know is Steve’s new church does anything like this and how he reacts....

I’ll ignore the usual hypocrisy from the family that all groups from church that meant children listened to someone other than their parents were outlawed for the Maxwell children and damned by Steve as the most awful and sinful places, yet it’s perfectly fine for Anna and Mary to run a club and have children attend and listen to them without their parents present....

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

Didn't we figure out where they were going? I thought we did on the main thread.

@allyisyourpally5 Yeah, it is totally hypocritical for Steve to let Anna and Mary run a club, but never let them go. Arrogant, too, thinking his daughters are so much better than others that they can be trusted to watch over other people's children, but others can't watch over his. 

• Upvote 12

I don’t “worship” anything the way Steve and the Maxwells do. 

I also feel like they’ll go back to home-churching at some point. Perhaps Steve could even include Chris, Anna and their kids by using Zoom or something. 

It’ll be Reversal Anna’s birthday on Halloween, she’ll be 28 I believe. I’ve pretty much lost hope for Sarah getting married, not so sure about Anna though.

• Upvote 11

17 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Didn't we figure out where they were going? I thought we did on the main thread.

@allyisyourpally5 Yeah, it is totally hypocritical for Steve to let Anna and Mary run a club, but never let them go. Arrogant, too, thinking his daughters are so much better than others that they can be trusted to watch over other people's children, but others can't watch over his. 

Exactly! I remember the Corners discussing youth groups, Sunday school..... and it was all “family stay together in church, don’t separate, don’t even let your children out of your sight to play with other children after the service, stay together” and talked about children looking up to other adults as well as the parents will lead to loosing your children completely. And the same applies to the sports Corner - the main issue was having to take authority from the Coach.

I think Anna and Mary stand a higher chance of meeting someone for marriage, possibly - largely due to the missionary trips they do (which Sarah never did) and the Bible Club which could lead to a match.....but they would still have to pass the test of Steve so only a slight possible chance.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

How fun it must be to have a birthday on halloween, think of all the parties you could throw!

But Anna will get a candle on a biscuit and bananagrams.

• Upvote 8

The Maxwells wouldn't like my current church.  We have a woman pastor, at least one unmarried couple living together, a gay man, a single mom, people that have divorced, a Christmas tree in the sanctuary during Advent, and the Sunday School has a Halloween party every year.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 13

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

The Maxwells wouldn't like my current church.  We have a woman pastor, at least one unmarried couple living together, a gay man, a single mom, people that have divorced, a Christmas tree in the sanctuary during Advent, and the Sunday School has a Halloween party every year.

My church would make them explode. We have at least three trans members, more gay members than I can count, and our minister is Living In Sin with his fiancée, who is an Episcopalian priest, in her rectory. They’re live-streaming their wedding the day after Thanksgiving because it’s going to be small (10 people) and socially distanced.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

My Episcopal priest is a gay man who has been with his husband for 30 years.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

My Episcopal priest is a gay man who has been with his husband for 30 years.

I once saw an episode of Love it or List it on HGTV, a homeowner was also a gay Episcopal priest who had been with his spouse for years. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

Do Something of Real Value Today?

Has it ever entered your mind that you could give God pleasure? Think about it. The righteous and holy Almighty God, Who owns everything and has need of nothing, receives pleasure when His children worship Him. God created man to give Him the glory, honor, praise, and worship that is due Him.1  “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created” (Revelation 4:11). Would you meditate on that verse for awhile?

Does knowing that you can give God pleasure motivate you to do it? It sure does me because I love Him and want to please Him. 

To many, worship is something they do at church, but worship is much more than that. Consider how you might live out this verse. “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service” (Romans 12:1).  

Steve

[Footnight]

1 However, that wasn’t possible after man sinned in the Garden and that is why only saved, regenerated man can worship God in spirit and truth. “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God” (Romans 8:8). Hence the theme of the beginning of this Seriously series last week was: you must be saved to worship God.

Steve,  most of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam* tries to make God happy, we just have completely different ideas of how to make God happy.

*Other religions worship different Gods. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4

Do Something of Real Value today?

This was posted on October 28, 2020 by Steve Maxwell.

Has it ever entered your mind that you could give God pleasure?

Is there really no other way Steve could have worded this?  Or is it just me and my mind in the gutter?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Is there really no other way Steve could have worded this?  Or is it just me and my mind in the gutter?

If you’re ever bored, do a search for “love song or worship song.” There are so many creepy god/Jesus is my lover “worship” songs! 

• Upvote 6

The righteous and holy Almighty God, Who owns everything and has need of nothing, receives pleasure when His children worship Him.

This is about 75% of my issue with their god. Any god, actually. Why does everyone have to worship him/her/it? Why do you have to do what your god says or suffer that god's wrath? 

I don't do narcissists, not in the real world and definitely not in the imaginary one.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 10/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, fundiefan said:

The righteous and holy Almighty God, Who owns everything and has need of nothing, receives pleasure when His children worship Him.

This is about 75% of my issue with their god. Any god, actually. Why does everyone have to worship him/her/it? Why do you have to do what your god says or suffer that god's wrath? 

I don't do narcissists, not in the real world and definitely not in the imaginary one.

God sounds suspiciously like trump.

On 10/24/2020 at 1:08 PM, anjulibai said:

Yeah, it is totally hypocritical for Steve to let Anna and Mary run a club, but never let them go. Arrogant, too, thinking his daughters are so much better than others that they can be trusted to watch over other people's children, but others can't watch over his. 

Well, if Steve let HIS kids go to a club, other people could convert Anna and Mary to their way of doing things, which of course is the wrong way. But Anna and Mary running a club could convert other people's kids to Steve Way, which of course, is the right way. So, you know, totally different and therefore, okay. ?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sparkles said:

God sounds suspiciously like trump.

Well, if Steve let HIS kids go to a club, other people could convert Anna and Mary to their way of doing things, which of course is the wrong way. But Anna and Mary running a club could convert other people's kids to Steve Way, which of course, is the right way. So, you know, totally different and therefore, okay. ?

I’m sure that’s the reason Steve allows them to have the club so they can try & convert the kids who in turn might get their parents on board to in Steve’s thinking. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:22 PM, fundiefan said:

Not to get all ranty this late on a Friday but this has always been my biggest issue.

I was taught our heavenly father loves us even more than earthly parents could ever love their children, which is the strongest love there is.  My mom truly believed both of those things.

But earthly parents don't turn away from their kids for not worshiping them.  For not blindly following everything they say.  For not extolling their omnipotence.

I love my kids unconditionally, as my parents loved me.  Unconditionally means even with different beliefs, even when they go against all you hold dear.  If my kids were like the Menendez brothers I would love them even as they killed me.

It's almost as if the God they believe in doesn't know what the phrase unconditional love means.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 16

On 10/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, fundiefan said:

In this verse it doesn't sound like God is punishing anyone.  God imo is like a parent. To me this verse is "less your parent will punish you for not kissing up to them" and "more your parent raised you and it makes them happy when you call or visit them." 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4

I'd like to tell Steve that 'Do Something of Real Value Today?' isn't actually a question, and complain that when you only have three paragraphs (two of them tiny), it's quite a stretch to add a footnote.  You could have just structured the whole thing better.  (Well probably not since you don't have enough to say, but...)

• Upvote 5

HOW does that mean "call & visit"? 

Worship. 

I don't do bible study so I don't know all the nuisances but if you're gonna take the bible at its word, the key word in this statement is "worship". 

God has everything and needs nothing. Other than your worship. Not calls, visits, adoration. Worship

And, on that note, any being who needs worship from others is one who deserves nothing. 

• I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic