IGNORED

Seriously Steve 2: She Was a Woman, So She Probably F*cked Up Somewhere

HerNameIsBuffy

18 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Black Aliss and @nokidsmom,  either honkytonk or Tiki bar will more than do as Heaven.   The usual Christian version of Heaven sounds boring AF.  

What made me decide that Christian heaven would be too boring was spending 4 years at an evangelical Christian college.   Oh sure, there were a lot of nice people and it was a good academic experience but socially, forget it.   Everyone was just the same, and the the atmosphere was boring as hell.    My high school years were far more interesting with a broader range of people who weren't all squeaky clean.     I was glad to get out of that stifling, uber Christian social environment after 4 years, no way would I want to spent eternity in that!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

We are assuming Steve will be in heaven. Ignorant people piss me off. The “Christians” owned slaves, bought them of their own free will. The “Christians” turned the music up in church as the trains went by. They sat back and did nothing. It is easy to say you would have done things different but you have no way of knowing. What does Steve actually do to end abortion? NOTHING! He forced his wife to home school and keep having kids, nothing to do with ending abortion. They didn’t use birth control, again nothing to do with ending abortion. They post about abortion, won’t end it. 

• Upvote 8

Now Steve's evangelizing at the gas station - I can't help but think that's a potentially explosive situation...

(Maybe she was genuinely pleased Steve, more likely she was too polite to tell you where to stick your Bible)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, Syriana said:

Now Steve's evangelizing at the gas station - I can't help but think that's a potentially explosive situation...

(Maybe she was genuinely pleased Steve, more likely she was too polite to tell you where to stick your Bible)

I can’t believe Steve talked to a women that isn’t in his family. He would never let his wife talk to a guy she randomly met even if it was to share Jesus. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

22 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I can’t believe Steve talked to a women that isn’t in his family. He would never let his wife talk to a guy she randomly met even if it was to share Jesus. 

He probably has different rules for himself & Teri. 

• Upvote 10

21 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Maybe she was an old hag or something.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Maybe she was an old hag or something.

I can't imagine he'd be happy with an unrelated man trying to convert Teri at the gas station so maybe he should back off and not speak to unrelated women unless chaperoned?

22 hours ago, Jana814 said:

He probably has different rules for himself & Teri. 

Yeah I think that's pretty obvious. I'm sure he talks to the neighbour with the pool that he not-so-secretly perves on and lusts after too.

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

Coward Steve is a real piece of shit.  In today's Seriously he talks about two husbands both deceased.  One loved the Lord and his family and is waiting for them in heaven.  The other one divorced his wife and died in a car accident.  Just say it Coward Steve the other guy went to hell!

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2

I know Steve was implying the other guy went to hell, but how can Steve even know if the other guy went to hell? Steve knows exactly what God wants? Steve knows whether or not that guy had been saved? 

Fuck you, Steve, you are an asshole. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Steve is such an arrogant shit. 

He tried to get this kid bagging groceries to give him his phone number, so Steve could call him if he heard about any graphic design jobs. Kid said no, but couched it as not looking for a job.

So Steve, instead of realizing that the kid just was not comfortable giving out his phone number to some stranger, assume the kid is unmotivated. He plans on talking to the kid again so he might "learn" from the kid. 

Steve is such an arrogant shit. This kid doesn't know you. You're an old man who gives off creeper vibes. Leave the kid alone. 

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 6

If I were a teenager and some much older man requested my phone number I wouldn’t give it out, either! What an inappropriate request in that circumstance. Good for the kid to say no!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

Oh, FFS.  Steve is snarking on someone who is doing honest work? And, who gives their phone number out to strangers these days?  We dont know how old the grocery bagger was, but still.....If Steve had any real contact with people outside his own little realm, he would know that asking a stranger for their phone number is completely inappropriate. I mean, seriously.  Ok, back to Duggar shit.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Oh, Steve loves to engage people in conversation and "learn" from them.  Although, in his world "learning" means telling them how wrong they are, then doing a post about how wrong they are.

Remember the checker at WalMart he harangued because she said she was a Christian but wasn't reading her bible everyday.

She got pissed at him and he claimed he couldn't for the life of him understand why she got mad!

• Upvote 9

Wow I was hoping better things had happened for the Maxwells after being out of the loop of FJ almost three years. Looking at the pic on their site of the sock ball things in cardboard boxes I had to wonder if their oldest (Sarah? Idk) ever remembers herself at the same age as the nieces and kind of dies a little more inside. So sad. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

Coward Steve wanted the kid's phone number so he could call and ask him if he knew where he was going when he died.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

It’s incredibly obvious that Steve asked this kid for his phone number knowing full well the kid wouldn’t give it, so Steve could be snotty about it in a Seriously email.

As always, Steve is stupefyingly out of touch with workplace norms. What if the kid had given his number? And then what if Steve had run across someone who needed to hire a graphic designer?

Steve: Hey, your business needs a designer? I know a designer you should call! Here’s his number.

Hiring Manager: Thanks! Can you point me to some samples of his work so I can see if it’ll fit our project?

Steve: No, I can’t.

Hiring Manager: Can you connect me with some of his previous clients so I can ask them about working with him?

Steve: No, I can’t.

Hiring Manager: How do you know this designer?

Steve: Well, I’ve never seen his design work before but he bagged my groceries at the Walmart once. After a few seconds of small talk I got his number and told him I’d be happy to act as a graphic design reference for him.

Hiring Manager: ....

Steve Maxwell either meant this offer sincerely, in which case he’s either embarrassingly out of touch or dimwitted, or he did not, in which case he purposely set a kid up to (in Steve’s mind) fail so Steve could make a passive aggressive blog post about him. Mocking grocery baggers for internet content is not very Christlike.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

At least that kid had an idea of what they wanted to do. Steve would have thought far worse of me. When I graduated two years ago, I hadn’t the foggiest idea what job to do! I’ve struggled with “motivation”, too. I have inattentive ADHD which wasn’t diagnosed until June this year. Steve is probably one of those idiots who believes ADHD doesn’t exist and it’s just an excuse for being lazy. 
I also bet that kid just straight out didn’t want to give Steve his number. I sure as hell wouldn’t. He probably was looking for a job, but was just bagging groceries part-time whilst looking. Which is pretty productive if you ask me. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

On 11/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, mango_fandango said:

At least that kid had an idea of what they wanted to do. Steve would have thought far worse of me. When I graduated two years ago, I hadn’t the foggiest idea what job to do! I’ve struggled with “motivation”, too. I have inattentive ADHD which wasn’t diagnosed until June this year. Steve is probably one of those idiots who believes ADHD doesn’t exist and it’s just an excuse for being lazy. 
I also bet that kid just straight out didn’t want to give Steve his number. I sure as hell wouldn’t. He probably was looking for a job, but was just bagging groceries part-time whilst looking. Which is pretty productive if you ask me. 

Also, what if the kid is gay and he's thinking Steve is an older man who is hitting on him?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Also, what if the kid is gay and he's thinking Steve is an older man who is hitting on him?

Or, what if the kid is not gay and he's thinking Steve is an older man who is hitting on him?  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

I’m thinking that Steve has been brought up in the staff break room as an example of a weird old dude to stay away from because while Steve only wrote about this time I’m sure he has done it before.

• Upvote 15

8 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I’m thinking that Steve has been brought up in the staff break room as an example of a weird old dude to stay away from because while Steve only wrote about this time I’m sure he has done it before.

I worked in retail while in college and during new employee orientation the HR person told us of a couple of regulars that were always troublesome and how to handle them if you crossed paths.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic