IGNORED

Seriously Steve 2: She Was a Woman, So She Probably F*cked Up Somewhere

HerNameIsBuffy

Why doesn't Steve just put a privacy fence around his property?

Edited by FloraDoraDolly
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

Steve - the verse says for men to control themselves. It says NOTHING to the women. If YOU are the one with a problem, that is on YOU and you alone! YOU are the one in need of changing, NOT your neighbor! She is doing nothing wrong! 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Would Teri have to clean his sinful ejaculate out of his briefs before or after finishing the ceiling fans?

someone get that woman a Pepsi.

And some boiling water, bleach, and rubber gloves.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Steve would adore living next to me. The moment it's ok weather I hang out all my laundry to dry in the back yard, most especially my lacy delicate undies. The weekly display of my technicolor lingerie would send him into orbit. You're welcome, Steve!

(And please, do send your daughters around to tell me to stop, so that I can lecture them about how as a Christian, it is my duty to be a steward of this God-given Earth, and line-drying laundry is environmentally friendly.)

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 10

The simmering fury at the lack of deference this woman is showing is creepy as hell. That Steve can’t control her and all women is eating away at him. 

Or else he is worried that seeing a woman in a bathing suit will cause him to divorce. Maybe he has listened to that story Jimbob and Michelle have told a billion times about Michelle how mowing the lawn in a bathing suit caused her neighbor to divorce. 

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I just think it's funny that he has managed to completely control his family by scheduling so tighly, but there's still stuff out of his control and it must drive him insane.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

4 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I just think it's funny that he has managed to completely control his family by scheduling so tighly, but there's still stuff out of his control and it must drive him insane.

Exactly he hates not being in control.   

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

I enjoy the thought of Steve being driven insane by his deference-free neighbor. I hope she invites all of her female friends over for a big pool party.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 8

Last night after I'd gotten off the computer, there was an ad on TV for swimming pools.  Ok, it was for above-ground pools, but still they were pools.  I think above-ground pools would be even worse for Stevehovah because their decks are elevated above any fence you might have around the pool.

• Upvote 6

Isn't Kansas hot and sticky in the summertime?  And those poor Maxwell women still run and do housework in long, heavy denim skirts and , of course, two shirts.  Hopefully, at least they will remove their puffy vests.

But really, I have never seen them wear summer clothes.  At least Anne Marie's frumpers are light and airy.

I would want to come out of my skin if I was overheated like that!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Or else he is worried that seeing a woman in a bathing suit will cause him to divorce.

Has it ever occurred to Steve and all these other shitlords of the patriarchy that just because they would like to have sex with a woman doesn’t mean they can.

attractivness =\= availability to all men.

5 minutes ago, louannems said:

Isn't Kansas hot and sticky in the summertime?  And those poor Maxwell women still run and do housework in long, heavy denim skirts and , of course, two shirts.  Hopefully, at least they will remove their puffy vests.

But really, I have never seen them wear summer clothes.  At least Anne Marie's frumpers are light and airy.

I would want to come out of my skin if I was overheated like that!

Are all their skirts denim?  Is that a rule?

because although I’m not fundy (big surprise) I do have a long flowy light cotton skirt which is super comfy in warm weather.

Has two layers so it’s very modest, but it’s more comfortable than shorts.   Why don’t they wear more stuff like that?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

@HerNameIsBuffy,  I have a broomstick maxi that I love to wear.  I don't give a fuck that they maybe aren't in style.  It's in MY style, which old hippie shoulda-been-at-Woodstock.  I was looking at new ones yesterday and I'll reward myself with a new one (to augment this one in my wardrobe) when I drop a few pounds.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a skirt like this if you're not a skinny beanpole.  Anyway, I agree that long flows cotton skirts are so much more comfortable than shorts and way more comfortable than those denim atrocities that Maxgirls were.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@HerNameIsBuffy,  I have a broomstick maxi that I love to wear.  I don't give a fuck that they maybe aren't in style.  It's in MY style, which old hippie shoulda-been-at-Woodstock.  I was looking at new ones yesterday and I'll reward myself with a new one (to augment this one in my wardrobe) when I drop a few pounds.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a skirt like this if you're not a skinny beanpole.  Anyway, I agree that long flows cotton skirts are so much more comfortable than shorts and way more comfortable than those denim atrocities that Maxgirls were.  

In hot weather, after I've been doing yard work all day, I shower and change into one of two maxi skirts that I own. One is made of a cotton T-shirt knit and the other is a broomstick skirt. They are sooo comfortable.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm 62 but I love looking at "old lady clothes" in Vermont Country Store catalogue. I've ordered a few mumus that I wouldn't be caught dead in outside of the house!  But they are wonderful for around the home, without a hot bra, during summer. 

But I buy the knee length ones, although the Maxwell's could certainly buy the floor length ones so Steve won't be defrauded!  Mine are sleeveless but they do come in short sleeves and three quarters sleeves, also.  Except the prints are lovely and bright and loud so I guess they would be out.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

So much anger. I am assusming the man Steve is talking about is himself, so I wonder what he actually did about the neighbor IRL. I could not imagine having to live in unbearably hot weather, trying to my mind my business and stay cool (I don’t do well in heat) and then some fundie weirdo knocks on my door telling me what to do (not that Steve did that). I think my fiancé would have some choice words for him. What would Steve do then? A husband allowing his Christian wife to wear bikini in their backyard? I would be doing it with his blessing. Steve’s head would explode. Steve - NO ONE wants attention from you. You’re gross, to say the least.

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a skirt like this if you're not a skinny beanpole.  Anyway, I agree that long flows cotton skirts are so much more comfortable than shorts and way more comfortable than those denim atrocities that Maxgirls were.  

Cosign.  I hate shorts.  They are hot and uncomfortable and they have always looked terrible on me.  I'm skirts only in summer.  And because I have scars on my legs they are usually long.

Funny story, couple of years ago I dropped by a really good thrift store I frequent.  I noticed a few cars and a pickup truck with Jesus Saves bumper stickers in the parking lot.  I went in and there was a whole gaggle (15 or so) of long haired, long skirted, Fundie head-coverers racing around grabbing up household items by the ton.  I eavesdropped long enough to find out that they were preparing for a shower for a friend.  They were really noisy and disruptive.

Then I noticed a couple of other customers and the salespeople giving me sideways glances.  I looked down.  Modest top, ankle length skirt, flip-flops, long hair ... all I lacked was the head-covering.

OMFG!  They must all think I'm the grandma!  I scuttled out of there really fast before I was asked to control the Fundie maidens' noisy enthusiasm.

I've been taking time off from the Maxwells and Seriously Steve because it was getting too depressing.  I have to gird my loins, pluck up my courage, and catch up!

Seriously, Steve.   Shut up!

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Love 4

40 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Cosign.  I hate shorts.  They are hot and uncomfortable and they have always looked terrible on me.  I'm skirts only in summer.  And because I have scars on my legs they are usually long.

Funny story, couple of years ago I dropped by a really good thrift store I frequent.  I noticed a few cars and a pickup truck with Jesus Saves bumper stickers in the parking lot.  I went in and there was a whole gaggle (15 or so) of long haired, long skirted, Fundie head-coverers racing around grabbing up household items by the ton.  I eavesdropped long enough to find out that they were preparing for a shower for a friend.  They were really noisy and disruptive.

Then I noticed a couple of other customers and the salespeople giving me sideways glances.  I looked down.  Modest top, ankle length skirt, flip-flops, long hair ... all I lacked was the head-covering.

OMFG!  They must all think I'm the grandma!  I scuttled out of there really fast before I was asked to control the Fundie maidens' noisy enthusiasm.

I've been taking time off from the Maxwells and Seriously Steve because it was getting too depressing.  I have to gird my loins, pluck up my courage, and catch up!

Seriously, Steve.   Shut up!

Fundy gramma - that cracked me up!

if I were a fundy I’d totally be the headcoveting kind ...looks cute AND great camouflage for a bad hair day.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

TIL what a broom stick skirt is.  Mine is a peasant skirt and I may branch out when next I clothes shop.

i do have a skater/A line type skirt that is almost knee length and comfy but when I wore it to shop once I realized a gust of wind while you’re unloading cart into trunk can turn you very immodest very quickly.

Sorry to the several Aldi shoppers who now know what color my panties were that day.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 3

40 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

TIL what a broom stick skirt is.  Mine is a peasant skirt and I may branch out when next I clothes shop.

A true broomstick skirt is also made of crinkly fabric and you twist it after washing it and tie it in a knot to store it.  

In other words, No Ironing Required!  Bliss.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

A true broomstick skirt is also made of crinkly fabric and you twist it after washing it and tie it in a knot to store it.  

In other words, No Ironing Required!  Bliss.

I still have my 2 broomstick skirts from when they were popular in the 90's, but I haven't worn them for ages (they're in the back of a drawer). I always loved having a piece of clothing that was supposed to look wrinkled. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

@HerNameIsBuffy,  a broomstick skirt traditionally was a cotton skirt that was twisted and wrapped around a broomstick and tied to dry. It creates thousands of tiny pleats/crinkles.  I did not know till yesterday that this style of skirt was popular at times in the 40s and was called a squaw skirt as it was taken from skirts that Navaho women wore.  I first saw them in the Aunt Abigail's Attic catalogue about 40 years ago.  The skirts actually came with a length of broomstick for you to use when you washed it.  Some broomstick skirts are tiered although mine is not.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Why doesn't Steve just put a privacy fence around his property?

Guys GUYS!  It’s not Steve, right, he’s speaking for a friend!!

we had a pool in our old house and when the sun went down I swam naked! But we were surrounded by trees.  I’m just a Jezebel I guess.  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

According to the google maps, there is one house adjacent to the fathership property that has a pool.  It’s toward the back end of the Maxwell yard, so if Stevie’s “friend” is in fact Stevie, he’s making a great effort to see Pool Lady.  Which is exactly something I’d expect Stevie to do.  

However, if I’m correct in guessing where Gigi’s house is, Pool Lady is Gigi’s next door neighbor.  And Stevie may have gotten an eyeful when he dismantled Gigi’s back porch.  

Go, Pool Lady!!

Edited by catlady
Riffle
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I LOVE broomstick skirts!

I am basically skirts/dresses all summer now. This is our first summer in Tennessee after living in Illinois. In one day, I had three women tell me “You’re probably gonna want to get some lightweight dresses.”  That weekend I found three t-shirt dresses at Old Navy for $9 each and ordered three from an online resale site I love. i think I’m set now; but this humidity still makes me stabby. 

Also, Steve is an ass. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Dear Steve, here is what the Bible says about the length of clothing we are supposed to wear: Exodus 28:42 And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach: so basically underwear. As for my bf, not married yet, if he looks and lust that is on him. It won’t hurt my feelings at all unless he says that he wishes I looked like her, or something to that affect. Modesty has more to do with attitude then dress. 

Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

no where does that mention it’s the women’s fault so punish her. We are created in God’s image and bodies, all of them, are beautiful. If you can’t admire them without sinning then please get help.

Edited by Lgirlrocks
  • Upvote 10

@usmcmom,  my daughter went to the U of Memphis, married a guy she met there, and lived in Memphis over near Germantown until last year when they just moved over the state line to Olive Branch Mississippi.  They moved there for the schools.  Olive Branch actually has well-regarded, diverse schools.   

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic