IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

29 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

Adveresting countinues

Abbie look great and happy as usual.

this really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason and made me irrationally dislike Abby, something about shilling dresses on mothers day I guess. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

12 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

this really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason and made me irrationally dislike Abby, something about shilling dresses on mothers day I guess. 

Yeah, the not so subtle "is she pregnant or isn't she" insinuation annoyed me as well. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, the not so subtle "is she pregnant or isn't she" insinuation annoyed me as well. 

Where?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Where?

John & Abbie's latest IG post. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

I don’t read any insinuation in “happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there.”

I also don’t think it’s any weirder to shill clothes on mother’s day versus any other day. Instagram influencer stuff is strange: I’m so normal just like you! Use my code for 10% off!

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

John & Abbie's latest IG post. 

This one?  She said happy mother's day and shilled a contest.  what am i missing?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

When I read the first sentence and saw the picture was Abbie, I was ready for a follow up sentence of “...and happy Mother’s Day to this sweet godly mom-to-be!”

I also don’t really see anything crazy about her advertising on Mother’s Day, it’s at least in better taste than the Easter shilling because it is not a religious holiday. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Is Abbey pregnant? 

I don’t think so. I could have sworn I saw a pregnancy announcement. Maybe I just had a nightmare?

• Thank You 1

I think it comes off as insinuating because it's a joint account (meh), so you don't know who's posting, and it's pretty normal to put Mother's Day post and a Duggar together and make assumptions.  I know the first time I saw it I was like, oh girl's knocked up, but then I reread it and was like, nevermind. I do like her dress though.

• Upvote 2

Any Duggar girls or in-laws shilling dresses (or other stuff) on IG isn't my biggest pet peeve. I know it is for some FJer, but I'm not too bothered. I also get that she and John may be more private and not want to post a long personal message to their Moms online. I know I didn't. I am a big Facebook user and I actually saw my own mother today instead of telling her online. *lol*

But I kind of agree it was a weird post. Too me it felt like: ''Ok. Wishing a happy mother's day because I have too, and now that this is out of the way, buy this dress for 15% off.''

Maybe shill for it tomorrow?

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

So if I say "Happy Mother's Day" on social media, I must be pregnant??

Dang, I just thought I was chubby.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 26

• 2 weeks later...

What a ridiculous name. Last time I looked, lemons WERE citrus

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing on IG from them since May. Not even a tribute to Grandma Mary. No posts about them here since May. Wonder what’s going on? Are they trying to keep something under wraps?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Purrl said:

Nothing on IG from them since May. Not even a tribute to Grandma Mary. No posts about them here since May. Wonder what’s going on? Are they trying to keep something under wraps?

I think they are private people. I have a lot of friends who just post once a year in social media. Or who doesn't even have an IG account. Maybe Abbie was willing to share her wedding and her happiness, and even to earn some money with advertisements, but realised that it was boring for her.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

I guess for some of these people who went their whole life before marriage without using social media, it might be hard for them to start using it after such a long time. They might find it difficult to navigate or just boring. 

Maybe we will see more whenever they announce their first “precious blessing.”

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think they are private people. I have a lot of friends who just post once a year in social media. Or who doesn't even have an IG account. Maybe Abbie was willing to share her wedding and her happiness, and even to earn some money with advertisements, but realised that it was boring for her.

JD and Abbie do seem more private people than most of the Duggar's, I don't blame her for doing some of the paid advertising but doing it often maybe isn't something she want's to do anymore. I think they won't post again until they announce a pregnancy or it's their first wedding anniversary.

I have an Instagram with about 4 of 5 pictures, most are of my nephew's and niece's and one picture is of me and my uncle when I was a child. I don't take many pictures and don't like to post a lot of personal stuff on social media and maybe John didn't feel comfortable posting a message about his grandmother on Instagram, so didn't.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Abbie has a personal, private Instagram. Operating a business instagram is such a different thing. If she is trying to run the public one as a business / public relations profile, I can understand why she'd have a drought.

I run my work social media and if I don't schedule stuff in advance, I can really fall behind on posting, especially on instagram where you want things to be fresh and beautiful and you can't get away with sharing or retweeting content from others. 

I hate influencer culture, but I have to admit that it takes work to curate a social media for large-scale public consumption with the goal of making money from promoting products. Maybe Abbie thought she wanted to do that and make the easy money like her sisters-in-law, but their account has much lower follower numbers and she has not grown up with a public profile, so she'd be offered less and be less comfortable with it.

• Upvote 14

On 6/15/2019 at 11:17 PM, Purrl said:

I was wondering the same thing.  It seems odd, that even if they are private people, that they would post an advertisement as the last post.  It was a contest that does not seem to have the winner posted.  In the post it said that the winner would be posted in comments.  JD did not post anything about Abbie on her birthday.  They did not post anything regarding Grandma Mary's passing.  No Father's Day post.  According the Cucumber JD attended the Query wedding solo.  Not sure how much credence to the Cucumber.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Abbie has a personal, private Instagram. Operating a business instagram is such a different thing. If she is trying to run the public one as a business / public relations profile, I can understand why she'd have a drought.

I hate influencer culture, but I have to admit that it takes work to curate a social media for large-scale public consumption with the goal of making money from promoting products. Maybe Abbie thought she wanted to do that and make the easy money like her sisters-in-law, but their account has much lower follower numbers and she has not grown up with a public profile, so she'd be offered less and be less comfortable with it.

I definitely don't blame her for doing a few sponsored posts. I do follow some bloggers and  YouTubers who do promote the odd thing on their channels and don't object to it when it's stuff they actually have used prior to being sponsored or stuff you can tell they would use. I draw the line when it's a promotion in every post and it's for things you can tell they are only promoting it for the money and it is something they'd never use otherwise. Jill comes across that way with a lot of her promotions.

I am glad Abbie is choosing to use her private Instagram over her public one her and John are obviously happier not always being in the public eye. 

• Upvote 6

Could Abbie be trying to keep a lower public profile in case she chooses to start practicing nursing again? She may want to be more reserved about posting publicly if she thinks patients and or families may follow her on social media. 

That said she signed up to be on a TV show so the horse is likely already out of the barn on that one. But in her career I could understand wanting to maintain some professional distance. 

• Upvote 12

So various sites are starting to speculate that she is pregnant since Jessa made reference to Mary looking forward to babies due in both fall and winter... Who is due in winter? Isnt Amy due... first and the rest in Nov?

Screenshot_20190619-185120.png

Edited by HurricaneBells
Eta. It may well be Jinger, the little darkhorse. An observant poster just posted she seems to have a noticable bump in Jills insta vid and I kind of agree.... Its a Duggaroff!
  • Upvote 2

If, big if, the marinated cucumber is right and Jb really said that there is someone due in January, it could be that Jing is due in December and Abbie is due in January...I guess we will know better kn a couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic