IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

3 minutes ago, Nargus said:

Men get a pat on the back and told what good dad’s they are for performing basic childcare tasks. Like giving a bottle or changing a diaper. 

It’s annoying 

Exactly. I mean, a lot of men still call it babysitting when they're watching their own children. 

Gender roles aren't something that just fundies struggle with. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

On 11/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, Screamapillar said:

Abbie says in the article that she was sad that the way she found out that she was pregnant was because she was at the hospital for an unrelated issue and they gave her a pregnancy test. Might the HG have hit her so early that she went to the hospital for vomiting? I was fortunate to never have any nausea with my pregnancies, so I don't know how early that kicks in.

I would have found it cool to learn I was pregnant that way, but only because it's straight out of the Office episode where Pam sprains her ankle and is shocked to learn she's pregnant. I'm not a member of a fertility cult, though. I imagine Abbie had more traditional expectations.

No HG here, but both pregnancies I had nausea starting around 5-6 weeks. The suspected-but-never-confirmed pregnancy was a day short of four weeks.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, viii said:

Exactly. I mean, a lot of men still call it babysitting when they're watching their own children. 

Gender roles aren't something that just fundies struggle with. 

I'm going to get a lot of shit for this one. I know I am.

BUT I do think a lot of the times it's the womens fault. I have a ton of female friends that call it babysitting. I know a bunch of moms that refuse to leave their kids with their husbands for long because they think dad can't handle it. A lot of moms still raise their boys with 'they don't need to cook or clean' mentality. I'm not even talking about conservatives. I live in liberal Brooklyn and it's very obvious that this behavior is across the board. But what do I know. Every time I've mentioned it they say I don't know anything because I don't have kids. I've taught a lot of them tho, MSed in Education/SpEd. Boys get babied a lot more than girls. That's just my observation. I taught clean up time equally to all of the kids. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

I mean, there's no rational reason why she couldn't continue her nursing career just because she's married with children.

From what Abbie said in that Counting On episode about how it has caused her some stress that JD doesn't bring home a regular paycheck, I would respect the hell out of her if she took matters into her own hands and got a nursing job. It would be so delightfully emasculating to a Duggar headship.

• Upvote 33

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Abbie talked about her nursing career

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/pregnant-abbie-duggars-plans-to-continue-nursing-career/bittersweet-3/

I don’t have time to transcript it right now but I’m sure someone will appreciate it!

I don’t know if I’m not seeing the full article but literally the only mention I saw of her nursing is the title of the article, the rest is about her having HG

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Nargus said:

I don’t know if I’m not seeing the full article but literally the only mention I saw of her nursing is the title of the article, the rest is about her having HG

I had the same problem. If you click the button that says "Back to Top" it will show you the full article. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I wonder if her quote (attributed to JD) regarding learning of the pregnancy while hospitalized for dehydration was accurate.

I can totally understand her being blindsided by the news and that feeling that it "wasn't how [she] was supposed to find out" - but it's not congruent with the party line of everything happening as their god wills it to happen.

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2019 at 4:20 PM, Nargus said:

On 11/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, OHFL2009 said:

I had the same problem. If you click the button that says "Back to Top" it will show you the full article. 

If anyone else can't get the back to top button to show up for them, I realized I could see the whole article when I changed the URL to this: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/pregnant-abbie-duggars-plans-to-continue-nursing-career/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Of course an article about Abbie, her pregnancy and her nursing background also needs to mention that 

John David is a pilot! Just in case any of us forgot that he is a pilot. And also a flight instructor. 

• Haha 12

31 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Of course an article about Abbie, her pregnancy and her nursing background also needs to mention that 

John David is a pilot! Just in case any of us forgot that he is a pilot. And also a flight instructor. 

Wait...JD is a PILOT!?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic