IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

51 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Abbie suffered from Hyperemesis Gravidarum during her first trimester and had to be hospitalized a few times.

One of my friends had that and it was horrible. For part of the pregnancy she threw up if she looked at anything, she could only lie completely still in bed and couldn’t even read a book. She says there is no way she’s having more children. If you have it once you are very likely to have it again and if you’ve had it twice you’re almost a 100% sure to get it for all your pregnancies. Luckily she’s not quiverfull. Poor Abbie!

That would mean JD would have to take care of their older kids when she was pregnant though ... maybe that would keep the quiver smaller. 

Actually he’ll probably just bring in a sister or a niece or a random fundie girl to do the work. :pb_rollseyes:

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 16

My mom threw up every single day of all of her three pregnancies. Literally until the day she gave birth. It actually makes me really scared to be pregnant. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

@VBOY9977  My mother did as well.  She had 5 kids. :(

I had pretty bad morning sickness both times, but mercifully, it only lasted about halfway through.

• Upvote 6

“He’s cooked for me. He’s cleaned. He’s just been an angel."

Sad that this qualifies as angelic. It's the least he could do.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 20

35 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

“He’s cooked for me. He’s cleaned. He’s just been an angel."

Sad that this qualifies as angelic. It's the least he could do.

We have such low bars for the fundie husbands but in their world a husband that cooks and cleans and goes just the tiniest bit out of their way to make their wife comfortable is pretty much an angel. Sad but true. 

• Upvote 16

My best friend had HG too and she had her tubes tied after she gave birth to her first baby. I’m not exaggerating, it nearly killed her. The baby was born early, thank goodness. 

• Upvote 3

Poor Abbie. I only had the normal morning sickness (or all day sickness) and only occasionally threw up. And I was so miserable. I can not even imagine how bad HG must be.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Hi, long time lurker here. Wasn’t there speculation a few months ago that John David was quite sick in hospital? Do you think the pickle got the story wrong again and it was actually Abbie in hospital?

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4

Abbie says in the article that she was sad that the way she found out that she was pregnant was because she was at the hospital for an unrelated issue and they gave her a pregnancy test. Might the HG have hit her so early that she went to the hospital for vomiting? I was fortunate to never have any nausea with my pregnancies, so I don't know how early that kicks in.

I would have found it cool to learn I was pregnant that way, but only because it's straight out of the Office episode where Pam sprains her ankle and is shocked to learn she's pregnant. I'm not a member of a fertility cult, though. I imagine Abbie had more traditional expectations.

• Upvote 18

4 hours ago, Silence said:

Hi, long time lurker here. Wasn’t there speculation a few months ago that John David was quite sick in hospital? Do you think the pickle got the story wrong again and it was actually Abbie in hospital?

IIRC, the rumor about John was before Abbie would have been pregnant. I remember the implication being that part of the reason why JAbbie's honeymoon was so delayed was that John had gotten sick. So that would have been Dec-Jan. It's been awhile though, so I may have gotten my dates mixed up and you could be right.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 9/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, Rubaiyat said:

@GuineaPigCourtship and @raspberrymint, and anyone else that has lost a pregnancy,

You are all wonderful and successful mothers.  You protected the tiny potential lives inside of you for their entire earthly existence.  They never knew pain or fear or sorrow.  Their entire existence was gentleness, warmth, and love.   And in the end, isn’t that what we’d all give our children if we could?  

We lost our 2nd pregnancy, and it was awful.  My heart goes out to you.  Remember that time heals what reason cannot.   I hope for full arms and hearts for each of you.   

@RubaiyatThank you so much for this post, it was exactly what I needed to hear right now ❤️ 

• Love 7

48 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

IIRC, the rumor about John was before Abbie would have been pregnant. I remember the implication being that part of the reason why JAbbie's honeymoon was so delayed was that John had gotten sick. So that would have been Dec-Jan. It's been awhile though, so I may have gotten my dates mixed up and you could be right.

I agree, that was before she got pregnant. (sarcasm) I'm just so glad Abbie taught John how to cook, so he could be helpful when she was sick. (/sarcasm). He's a full grown ass adult, he should know how to cook.

I'm sad to hear Abbie had HG, that's just awful. Doesn't surprise me though after seeing the pictures where she obviously lost a lot a weight. John had kissing disease of I remember correctly, which makes you so so tired. All in all not the easiest first year of marriage. 

Edited by Chewing Gum
  • Upvote 5

Hyperemesis gravidarum is what Kate Middleton had during her three pregnancies. In fact, being admitted to hospital the first time was why the announcement was made, normally they’d have announced when she was 12 weeks. 
Personally, if I had HG, I would be wary about having another baby. I might go for a second, but would definitely not have any more after that. Of course, I’d only want 2 kids anyway. Thank God I’m not a fundie.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Ugh poor thing. I had HG we with my first two and it was absolute hell. I'd be giving a presentation at work, excuse myself and go puke in my strategically placed bucket right outside the door and go back to presenting, rinse and repeat every 5 minutes. Somehow I got super lucky and didnt have it with my third. Apparently my body just hates boy children lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

We have such low bars for the fundie husbands but in their world a husband that cooks and cleans and goes just the tiniest bit out of their way to make their wife comfortable is pretty much an angel. Sad but true. 

I just wonder what he cooked. Jim Bob's barbecued tuna? Did he call a sister to walk him through tater tot casserole? Enquiring minds want to know!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Very sad and very true. I remember JB being left with Josie and Jordyn for some reason, and he just went on and on about how much Jordyn, who was like what, 1? really loved taking care of Josie. Maybe JD just didn't had no choice because the bigger girls were out becoming recording stars or something and he doesn't yet have a barely toddling female to take care of her mother.

• Upvote 3

My best friend from high school (my only OG from my teenage years!) is actually coming out of this at the moment. She is now 20 weeks along and has started eating normally again slowly. We are not living close so I didn't have the chance to see her much during the time she was sick. But we chatted and talked on the phone sometimes (and I mean only sometimes, because often she felt too nauseous to speak to me - even via phone). I am suppose to see her next weekend and I can't wait! She is also lucky to have been able to get a preventative withdrawal from work (Thanks to our province's work health and safety plan for paid preventative leave). :)She said she lost almot 40 lbs since she learned she was pregnant though. I am completly flabbergasted! I can't even imagine.

I would hope JD and Abbie would consider this fact as maybe a sign to reduce the quiver, but I have little faith in these people.

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Before my gallbladder surgery, the nausea and throwing up was awful. I’d run to the bathroom in restaurants, just bad. At one point smells made me nauseated too. I can’t imagine HG. I feel for all you guys that have had it. Sounds so miserable. Zofran is one of the best thing ever invented. 

• Upvote 7

I didn’t have HG but I did have nausea/vomiting my whole pregnancy with my daughter. I had to take meds to get through. Between that and the fact I had Placenta Previa I decided 2 kids is enough for me

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I've had HG both times it lasts about 1/2 way through the pregnancies. I was in the hospital a handful of times with both boys. This pregnancy though they found a wonderful concoction of mess that really helped. I could barley eat anything but I was able to get off the couch enough to take care of my toddler. I had to do phenogrin suppositiries in order to take zofran, B6, and unisom by mouth. I feel like I get amnesia during pregnancy though because I never remember it as bad as it was ? Even bed rest for 4 months with my first I hardly remember. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

I had HG with all 3 of my pregnancies. The first pregnancy it started around 8 weeks and I was put on bed rest for 2 months until it calmed down, I still threw up everyday until she was born but it was only in the mornings instead of 24/7 like it was earlier. My 2nd pregnancy it started around 6 weeks but the Drs weren't surprised so they had me on medication to keep it in check, but I only gained 3 lbs with that pregnancy. She was healthy though! My 3rd pregnancy was twins and I started throwing up before I had even taken the pregnancy test?. That pregnancy was brutal, I was put on bed rest at 20 weeks which was impossible since I had a toddler and a preschooler too. I was hospitalized 3 times for complications before my water broke at 32 weeks. The babies were healthy but had to be in the NICU for a month.  I actually lost 15 lbs in that pregnancy. The babies were small due to being preemies but did really well . They are all happy healthy teenagers now lol.  HG is so hard to deal with and most people don't understand how exhausting it is to be that sick all the time

• Love 10

On 11/1/2019 at 3:27 AM, Silence said:

I thought this too at first, but like others said, the dates don't match up. 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:44 AM, Iamtheway said:

I feel like it's a low bar set for most husbands, though. It's getting better within my friend group, but I know some of my friends husbands don't cook or clean, and pretty much none of my parents friends do. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, viii said:

I thought this too at first, but like others said, the dates don't match up. 

I feel like it's a low bar set for most husbands, though. It's getting better within my friend group, but I know some of my friends husbands don't cook or clean, and pretty much none of my parents friends do. 

Men get a pat on the back and told what good dad’s they are for performing basic childcare tasks. Like giving a bottle or changing a diaper. 

It’s annoying 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic