IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

If Abbie is due in Jan/Feb, that could explain why JD went to the Query wedding solo...I had Baby at the end of Jan and I spent most of the previous Jun feeling like crap. ?

7 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

If, big if, the marinated cucumber is right and Jb really said that there is someone due in January, it could be that Jing is due in December and Abbie is due in January...I guess we will know better kn a couple of weeks. 

A friend of mine just announced she is expecting and due in January, she's not quite into her 2nd trimester yet,  so if Abbie or Jinger are due in Jan it might e too early for them to announce. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

A friend of mine just announced she is expecting and due in January, she's not quite into her 2nd trimester yet,  so if Abbie or Jinger are due in Jan it might e too early for them to announce. 

I was due with my daughter on January 14th and we announced publicly right before the Fourth of July when I was exactly 12 weeks. It’s certainly possible any of the remaining married Duggars (who are not Benessa) could be pregnant  and due in January. If anyone is pregnant and hasn’t said anything then it’s likely either because of it being too early or because Mary just died or for any other number of reasons. Anyone else pregnant will announce eventually. 

• Upvote 13

She could also not be 100% sure of all the due dates or be thinking of late November as early winter. If they are pregnant we'll hear soon enough. If they arent they probably will be soon

• Upvote 13

In regard to Jinger though; I thought she said she wanted to wait a year or two before trying for baby Vuolo #2. Plus with the move to LA, I really don't think that she will be wanting to get pregnant at the moment. I don't think she seems as keen to have another kid as the others and seems to be enjoying her time with Felicity. 

• Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

In regard to Jinger though; I thought she said she wanted to wait a year or two before trying for baby Vuolo #2. Plus with the move to LA, I really don't think that she will be wanting to get pregnant at the moment. I don't think she seems as keen to have another kid as the others and seems to be enjoying her time with Felicity. 

Wanting to wait is one thing, but some times the best laid plans go tits up. Especially if  you aren't using birth control. IF she's pregnant it may have been an OPPS, and they are anti choice so, this is what they mean by "leaving it up to God". They wanted one thing, God wanted something else. 

• Upvote 16

I’d venture to guess they are doing a little NFP.  Jeremy doesn’t seem like the type to want 19 kids.  It’s hard to keep up with his book and her coffee habit while keeping the insta outfits on point with that many kids.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Admittedly I'm in Canada so it gets cooler quicker. But I could consider mid-late Nov as winter.

October is definitely fall, December is definitely winter. November feels like an up for grabs shoulder month. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I was due Jan. 11th and announced to non family in December. Told a few people middle of July.

Just looked at this and oops, too late to edit. I meant that I told people in August. By December my belly would be making it's own announcement ?.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 25

Based off science, winter (in the Northern hemisphere) actually doesn’t begin until shortly before Christmas. It might feel like winter before then, but technically speaking November and most of December are still in the Fall. So the Duggars who have announced pregnancies at the moment - Amy, Kendra, Joy, Lauren, and Anna - are all due in the Fall. Any Duggar who might potentially be due between December 21 and March 19 would be due in the Winter.

• Upvote 8

I just determine seasons by month. In my opinion all the pregnant Duggars are due in winter.

Spring - February, March, April, Early May

Summer - Late May, June, July, August

Autumn - September, Early October

Winter - Late October, November, December, January

1 minute ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I just determine seasons by month. In my opinion all the pregnant Duggars are due in winter.

Spring - February, March, April, Early May

Summer - Late May, June, July, August

Autumn - September, Early October

Winter - Late October, November, December, January

Not to belabor the point, but scientifically speaking that’s inaccurate. Seasons are determined by the tilt of the Earth’s axis. The current crop of pregnant Duggars, therefore, are all due in the Fall - which does not end until late December - according to science. 

Source: NASA

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

Science is one thing, but colloquialism is another.

I would venture a guess that most people who live in temperate or cooler climates consider December to be winter.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 11

1 minute ago, AtlanticTug said:

Science is one thing, but colloquialism is another.

I would venture a guess that most people who live in temperate or cooler climates consider December to be winter.

and in Australia we totally consider it Summer. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 29
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

and in Australia we totally consider it Summer. 

I've been in Sydneey and Adelaide in December and it was so bizarre to spend Christmas there. But I love the heat so I didn't mind.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

22 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

Unless you're in Canada. Then it looks more like this:

Spring - May, June

Summer - July, August

Autumn - September, October

Hell - November, December, January, February, March, April

Not Canada no but UK, although some members of my extended family are living in Canada.

I’m about five hours north of the Duggar’s, so we get way way more cold weather and snow, but even so, there is absolutely no way anyone around here would call November winter. I can’t really imagine anyone at all saying winter starts before thanksgiving. Sure it might be cold, but it gets SO much colder. 

I know the 21st’s mark the seasons each quarter, but around here people would probably go with...

winter  - dec, Jan, feb, mar (we optimistically might call March spring)

spring - apr, May

summer - June, July, Aug, sept

fall - oct, nov

Jessa did just have a baby and maybe she isn’t at 100% for thinking through her words. But also, I’m pretty sure the data is good for someone in the family knowing they are expecting and not having announced. I bet we will find out over the next few weeks.

adding: also, there are really two official definitions of the seasons, meteorological and astronomical: https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/meteorological-versus-astronomical-seasons

Edited by theotherelise
Weird double thing
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

To me, winter starts in December. I tend to think of winter from December-February, though technically it's from the Winter Solstice to the Vernal Equinox. Though where I'm from, it is not unusual for it to feel like winter part way into the fall and part way into the spring (especially this year; it was brutal). I certainly wouldn't consider November, even late November, as winter. I would assume Jessa either just made a mistake (which would be perfectly reasonable considering she's dealing with a newborn and the loss of her grandma) or that there is a couple pregnant who is due in the winter who hasn't announced yet (which is totally plausible since Abbie and Jill are due to announce pregnancies and it wouldn't be unexpected if Jinger announced either). In the next couple months, I'm sure we will hear if there is a couple who is due during the winter.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

As someone who absolutely can’t stand the cold, I think of winter as Nov-Feb, so I’m very surprised others are equally adamant that November and February aren’t winter! Except you Australians, of course.  ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Sweden here. Ignoring all actual definitions I would say:

Winter: Mid November-Mid March

Spring: Mid March-May

Summer: June-August

Autumn: September-Mid November

Or it’s winter from the first snow until the melting has truly started and summer while you can swim in the lake. Spring and autumn inbetween. Personal definition since I know many people that pretty much never thinks it warm enough to swim in the lake and some that jump in as soon as the ice melts, or even before. :cold:

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

Desert southwest:

"Winter": Late December-early March

"Spring": Early March-late April

"Oh my God we're living on the surface of the sun": May-October

"Fall": October-late December. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 18

Living in Belgium I like to tell newcomers to abandon all idea of "seasons". A new colleague arrived from Spain and asked me when spring would start. I just smiled at him mildly and told him that nobody can tell, and he should simply take it one day at a time.

Generally an entire year worth of seasons can (and will) occur in one day. This means that there is always hope: a day can start off feeling like winter and end up like a hot summer's day. However, it also means that there is always this sense of doom that no hoped for weather will last long enough for you to complete whatever activity you had planned.

There's also not enough sun. I once checked and apparently Belgium gets less sun than Southern Sweden. It can be unbearably warm, but the sky will be grey. I spent some years growing up in Israel and Florida, and was always in the shade, but since I moved to Belgium, you'll find me soaking up the sun whenever possible.

Still, I'd say the following:

Spring: March, April, May (usually April is surprisingly nice, and there can be some really hot days in May)

Summer: June, July, August (with at least 1 heatwave in July or August)

Autumn: September, October, November (September is often rainy, but November can be surprisingly nice)

Winter: December, January, February (you better go somewhere sunny in January or you'll develop Vitamin D deficiency and seasonal depression by early February)

Edited by SweetJuly
it's autumn, silly me
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Even if no one else is pregnant yet I think it's safe for Jessa to assume SOMEONE will have a baby this winter ?

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic