IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was due January 22 and I knew I was pregnant very early and that was still in May. I swear I got sick to my stomach at 3.5 weeks and knew I was pregnant. I took a test and I was right. That’s how bad pregnancy fucks with my body! Never again.

I’m due February 5th and I found out at a couple days shy of 4 weeks on May 23rd, I took a test for shits and giggles and I was shocked to find a faint line. So then I sent my husband to buy like five different brands of tests to confirm. I feel you on the finding out early train, though I didn’t get regular morning sickness until 8 weeks. We found out SO early this time that the next morning I took a two pack of the Clear Blue tests and they both read negative even though one read “pregnant” the night before in addition to my faint line test. Then I bought a First Result Early Result and got two more positives. Pregnancy is weird that way. I was so freaked out that I had somehow miscarried over night. 

I would say there IS a chance she could have known in April but it’s very slim because she found out at urgent care and I’m assuming this means she found out closer to 8-10 weeks in early to mid May.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I’m due February 5th and I found out at a couple days shy of 4 weeks on May 23rd, I took a test for shits and giggles and I was shocked to find a faint line. So then I sent my husband to buy like five different brands of tests to confirm. I feel you on the finding out early train, though I didn’t get regular morning sickness until 8 weeks. We found out SO early this time that the next morning I took a two pack of the Clear Blue tests and they both read negative even though one read “pregnant” the night before in addition to my faint line test. Then I bought a First Result Early Result and got two more positives. Pregnancy is weird that way. I was so freaked out that I had somehow miscarried over night. 

I would say there IS a chance she could have known in April but it’s very slim because she found out at urgent care and I’m assuming this means she found out closer to 8-10 weeks in early to mid May.

I’ve read that some tests need a higher amount of HCG to create a positive test. Those first response ones are really good. Those were the ones I used besides the cheap ones I ordered off of amazon. 

• Upvote 6

I don’t know if the picture was in April but I’m assuming it was because it was taken before her birthday or whenever Lauren posted it.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She wouldn’t have known yet. I was due Jan. 11th and found out beginning of May exactly at 4 weeks (IVF).

Yep. I was due with my daughter January 14 and only found out on May 2. That was ridiculously early to find out too. I was only 9 days past a positive OPK if I remember right. 

• Upvote 4

Please.Her nursing “career” was a just Job she probably enjoyed and bought her some money but was never going to be for life. Recall she pretty much ditched it to plan her wedding. Marriage and Motherhood was the career the planned for. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

There goes her nursing career.

I hope one day she’ll return to it if she doesn’t keep it up. Maybe she will decide to work part-time one day.

• Upvote 5

So i’m horrid at math, so i went & looked at a calendar. She was around 10 weeks at the funeral, which was June 17. That puts 40 weeks at January 13, so she’s not quite to that halfway mark.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 11

15 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

So i’m horrid at math, so i went & looked at a calendar. She was around 10 weeks at the funeral, which was June 17. That puts 40 weeks at January 13, so she’s not quite to that halfway mark.

She’s pretty close though. So you’re estimate wasn’t that far off. :) 

• Upvote 4

Didn't Abbie say in the wedding special that she "had" to quit her job for the next season of life or something? I didn't watch it, but from reports here she didn't seem all that thrilled to give it up. I feel a little bad for her in that regard, but I can only hope she raises any daughters (or sons) to stand up for their independence and passions. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1

If she can’t and won’t do that for herself The hell you think she would teach her kids that.  Anyway. She chose to give up Her employment to get married. I don’t feel bad for her one bit.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5

Were they even trying for a baby? It strikes me as odd that she felt ill and the first thing they did was go to the doctor. Surely the first thing to do would be to take a pregnancy test as it's always a possibility, especially for those who don't use protection like fundies. 

Anyway I think it will be twins. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

The only thing surprising here is that of the two fundie Johns that got married on November 3rd, it's the Duggar who will be a dad first. I predict John-something, with a hyphen, for a boy or something cutesy for a girl.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 7/25/2019 at 1:49 PM, Divemaster01 said:

I took my own advice and tried to find some more info about the Stratford Peach Festival.  I think I found something. Scroll down about 1/3 of the way through the photos and you see John Burnett making peach ice cream.  Could not find JD or Abbie photos here.

https://oklahoman.com/gallery/articleid/5509964

Also here, a poor quality photo of what looks like their peach ice cream booth, I see a girl in a frumper.

https://chickasawcountry.com/events/stratford-peach-festival

My friend Lou got some peaches & cream ice cream from them. He remarked that it was good. There were two peach festivals the same weekend, one for Stratford, the other in Porter. 

https://www.thelostogle.com/2019/07/22/eat-the-peach-the-surprisingly-popular-stratford-peach-festival-2019/

But lord help me if any of the Smuggars touch my beloved Stilwell Strawberry Fest in Stilwell. 

• Upvote 4

Wow an airplane themed announcement. I had NO idea JD was a pilot. That has never once come up. I wonder if he'll have an aero name too?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 11

If Abbie is due within close range of myself (December 29th), then yes, she was probably still very puke-tastic during Grandma Mary's time period. 

Not sure whether she would be showing or not. 
With my sister, my mom didn't start showing until 5 months; with me, she had to switch to maternity pants by 8 weeks because I was an elephant.

I started showing right away, but again......I've got twins on board, and my husband is a grizzley. Ain't no way I can hide them. Titty-Faery been knockin' on my knockers since the test showed positive. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

If she can’t and won’t do that for herself The hell you think she would teach her kids that.  Anyway. She chose to give up Her employment to get married. I don’t feel bad for her one bit.

I don't think Abbie is likely to teach her kids that no. And yes of course it's her choice to give it up, but I think I can still feel sad that fundie women are pressured (highly highly pressured) to have being a wife and mother be their only life options, to the point of giving up other things in life that make them happy (Erin and her college scholarship, Kaylee Rodrigues who wants to be "marry a farmer").

• Upvote 10

I suppose but he now has a wife and child on the way along with his hobby Jobs. Different places in life and priorities keep them apart a lot now.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Ha I put Amelia as a girl's suggestion on the baby name thread. I would consider using Amelia if I had a girl. 

I love Amelia, but my (pilot) husband would NOT use it... not because he doesn't like it but because it's "too cliché" - and I do agree. The name we actually chose fits our oldest better anyway, and it's not nearly as popular / common.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, albireo said:

The only thing surprising here is that of the two fundie Johns that got married on November 3rd, it's the Duggar who will be a dad first. I predict John-something, with a hyphen, for a boy or something cutesy for a girl.

John-Robert and they will just call him John-Bob for short. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Haha 21

Spurgeon needs some cousin company as far as an unusual name. I like Orville John, Wilbur John, or Lindbergh John.

(Even if they use John, it would inadvertently give a nod to John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth. The space geek in me would love to see a Neal, Buzz, or Michael, but I know Michael has been used, and I don't see JD and Abbie having a space theme.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Spurgeon needs some cousin company as far as an unusual name. I like Orville John, Wilbur John, or Lindbergh John.

(Even if they use John, it would inadvertently give a nod to John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth. The space geek in me would love to see a Neal, Buzz, or Michael, but I know Michael has been used, and I don't see JD and Abbie having a space theme.)

Fun fact: John Glenn had a son named John David. 

Although JG had his private pilots license, he was a democratic senator. And a Duggar just couldn’t name their child after a dirty liberal politician. 

• Upvote 11

'grats to JD & AG. I wouldn't presume that her urgent-care clinic visit was just for morning sickness, plenty of not-pregnancy-hormone-related symptoms can send a pregnant woman to the doctor. Hopefully no further clinic visits have been required besides appropriate routine prenatal care!

I know Abbie transferred her license, I would be pleasantly surprised if she worked at all in the months since the wedding. possible, yes. probable that a fundie wife held a job (at a facility that would let her take time off for a magical TLC-filmed winter-wonderland honeymoon and would deal with the duggar idea of fame..), nah. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I hope one day she’ll return to it if she doesn’t keep it up. Maybe she will decide to work part-time one day.

Has she worked since she married?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic