IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

Baby is 36. Weight has been lost and gained several times. Currently still here.

• Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, Smee said:

Weight gain/loss and pregnancy is pretty individual. I had an eating disorder when I fell pregnant with my third. I continued to lose weight in the first trimester, started very slowly gaining in the second (I was getting fairly intensive treatment at that point) and gained consistently in the third. My daughter was born slightly premature but a good size, and I had a lot of comments from people who hadn’t known my situation that I looked like I had never been pregnant. She’s nearly 3 and I now weigh at least 5-10kg more than I did at 36 weeks with a healthy baby inside me, 20kg more than I did pre-pregnancy. So until there’s a visible round bump and a pregnancy announcement I don’t consider loss or gain to be an indicator of anything.

I had people say the same to me a week after I had given birth. I didn’t really appreciate hearing that since my daughter was six weeks early and was still in NICU at that point. I know people meant well, but I would have much rather continued to look pregnant if it meant my daughter was home with me rather than still in the Hospital. 

But yes, weight gain or loss really isn’t anything to base pregnancy guesses off of. There are so many reasons why a person’s weight might fluctuate that have absolutely nothing to do with the contents of their uterus. 

• Love 6

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Or maybe they hadn't done anything worth posting about and/or were too busy moving/settling house. Or maybe they didn't feel the need, like Jill, to post every mundane piece of their life for the attention. 

I hope so, but somehow I don't feel very positive..will see

• Upvote 1

That picture looks so exactly like every other picture of those two posing together in a cockpit that at first I wondered if the baby onesie had been photoshopped by a prankster.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

My god........... have I actually made it before the thread is declared HOT! Wonders will never cease ;) 

Will it be aviation themed shower/gender reveal/birth/name? 

Edited by CoveredInBees
forgot how emojis work........ oh, the excitement!
  • Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Lord Ham Mercury, a Duggar is pregnant!

At least they aren't a couple of teenagers. They seem very happy together. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 7/29/2019 at 3:55 PM, Italiangirl said:

I hope so, but somehow I don't feel very positive..will see

And you were right. You get a baby announcement and YOU get a baby announcement EVERYONE gets a baby announcement!  :pb_rollseyes: :laughing-rolling:

21 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

My god........... have I actually made it before the thread is declared HOT! Wonders will never cease ;) 

Will it be aviation themed shower/gender reveal/birth/name? 

They can name him or her Pilot Inspektor! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 36
  • Love 2

I was transferring site visit photos from my boss's iphone onto my computer (he's SEVERELY tech illiterate) and the People notification popped up on the screen. I immediately came here (luckily it timed itself right at my afternoon break!) expecting to see a hot thread!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I suspected they were expecting, I hope everything goes well for them. The family has had a horrible couple of months and regardless of what I think of their beliefs, I wouldn't wish what they went through on my worst enemy. 

I wonder if they will break the line of girls and have a boy.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Well, that's about as surprising as grass being green. Wonder if they will name their kids aviation themed names? Sky? Jett? ... um yeah. That's all I got. Best not to have a quiverfull if that's the theme. ?

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Will the baby name be Jet or Amelia? 

wow great minds... ?

Edited by fluffernutter
wrong emoji
  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Will the baby name be Jet or Amelia? 

Ha I put Amelia as a girl's suggestion on the baby name thread. I would consider using Amelia if I had a girl. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I guess the cockpit has more than one meaning.

I'll see myself out...

or the mile-high club ✈️

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

It’s nice they aren’t teenagers, but there is still an innocent child who is going to be born into a harmful religious movement. I’m not going to celebrate or congratulate them simply for that fact. I will say that I hope her pregnancy goes as smoothly as possible and results in a healthy mother and baby.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

Surprisingly there wasn’t much, if any, mention of god in their TLC announcement video. However John David did say the “gender” could go either way. ?‍♀️ 

They went to an urgent care facility because Abbie wasn’t feeling well and they did a pregnancy test which obviously was positive. Abbie said she wanted to cry out of shock and John shared it wasn’t the way she planned to find out. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

I love the suggestions of Jet and Amelia! I had a feeling she was pregnant when I saw that recent photo - they’ve been quiet for a bit and she looks a lot thinner. This is absolutely fine of course, but I immediately suspected that she’d been suffering from morning sickness. I guess this is the winter baby Jessa slipped.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic