IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

She/they have posted twice in a week after two months of not posting. Once for the anniversary of getting engaged and then the peach festival pictures. Hopefully it's just because and not them gearing up their social media presence because they have an announcement to share, similar to what Joe and Kendra did. 

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, JustEnough said:

She/they have posted twice in a week after two months of not posting. Once for the anniversary of getting engaged and then the peach festival pictures. Hopefully it's just because and not them gearing up their social media presence because they have an announcement to share, similar to what Joe and Kendra did. 

Well, Abbie is now 27 years 3 months old.  I am holding out hope that she makes it to 28 without having begun filling the quiver.

• Upvote 2

I think it's reasonable to suspect Abbie may be pregnant and due in January. Do I hope not - of course lol. But the "return" to insta after a 2mo "hiatus" (hah) and the fact that even in recent pics we've seen of her, her abdomen is hidden...plus the questionable comments about a winter grandDuggar from JB/Jessa/whoever. If Abbie were due even in early-January she'd be barely 16-17 weeks now, totally fair to not make a public announcement before that point. But of course, hopefully not, haha. 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 8

On 7/22/2019 at 9:38 AM, HereticHick said:

Just learned that some of my Oklahoma relatives went to the Stratford peach festival this weekend. I want so bad to  ask them if they saw John and Abbie there, but I don't want to reveal myself as a wierdo. : )

Check their social media, they might have shown up in some photos.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2019 at 5:55 AM, Christmas Stocking said:

I live in Colorado and am from the east coast and I hate it when people complain about the humidity and I say what humidity. 

We moved to New Mexico from New England.   People don't associate humidity with New England but in summer you can get 98% humidity.   

It didn't take us very long to adjust to the low humidity.   Now even the humidity of central Colorado is high for us.   

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I took my own advice and tried to find some more info about the Stratford Peach Festival.  I think I found something. Scroll down about 1/3 of the way through the photos and you see John Burnett making peach ice cream.  Could not find JD or Abbie photos here.

https://oklahoman.com/gallery/articleid/5509964

Also here, a poor quality photo of what looks like their peach ice cream booth, I see a girl in a frumper.

https://chickasawcountry.com/events/stratford-peach-festival

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Divemaster01 said:

I took my own advice and tried to find some more info about the Stratford Peach Festival.  I think I found something. Scroll down about 1/3 of the way through the photos and you see John Burnett making peach ice cream.  Could not find JD or Abbie photos here.

Also here, a poor quality photo of what looks like their peach ice cream booth, I see a girl in a frumper.

They were indeed there, per their Instagram--

• Thank You 1

On 7/24/2019 at 7:56 AM, HereticHick said:

Well, Abbie is now 27 years 3 months old.  I am holding out hope that she makes it to 28 without having begun filling the quiver.

That seems like a stretch considering her birthday's in April. Let's see if they make it to their first wedding anniversary without an anouncement.

• Upvote 5

"The family's cups of ice cream come with a sticker that reads "Think Jesus," and they give the money they make to support Christian causes."  

I wonder which ones.  I'm hoping food banks and homeless shelters, but probably more like pro life marches and the trump campaign. 

5 hours ago, Divemaster01 said:

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

humidity..y'all know where I'm from but after 7 years of desert living, I'm miserable at 20% humidity. It's monsoon season and the humidity can get as high as 50-60%. That's just awful!

• Love 2

If Abbie is pregnant just now she may not want to announce it publicly, either because Joy and Austin have just lost Annabell or because she wants to wait a bit before announcing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Maybe it's just the angle and her hair being up so tight, but I swear she looks skinnier in the face than in some of their previous photos. Not that she wasn't already small to begin with. I also saw a picture of her from a week ago posted on another persons IG and she definitely didn't look pregnant to me - but she was wearing a dark dress and so it could have been easily concealed or just not showing yet if she is. I would imagine at almost 28 she's probably more than ready to have kids so an announcement from them won't be any big shocker.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

On 7/25/2019 at 10:57 PM, feministxtian said:

humidity..y'all know where I'm from but after 7 years of desert living, I'm miserable at 20% humidity. It's monsoon season and the humidity can get as high as 50-60%. That's just awful!

I hope you aren't having to deal with the grasshopper invasion in your part of town. (There was a story about the invasion on the news.)

9 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I hope you aren't having to deal with the grasshopper invasion in your part of town. (There was a story about the invasion on the news.)

It's not so bad here (I'm in the SW valley). They're attracted to light so that's why the strip is getting hit so hard. We have a few but no big deal. Here it's typical SW suburbia, nothing exciting and not enough lights to really attract the little bastards. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 7/26/2019 at 11:08 AM, LillyP said:

Maybe it's just the angle and her hair being up so tight, but I swear she looks skinnier in the face than in some of their previous photos. Not that she wasn't already small to begin with. I also saw a picture of her from a week ago posted on another persons IG and she definitely didn't look pregnant to me - but she was wearing a dark dress and so it could have been easily concealed or just not showing yet if she is. I would imagine at almost 28 she's probably more than ready to have kids so an announcement from them won't be any big shocker.

I lost about 20 pounds when I got pregnant (my first trimester). Just didn’t have an appetite. I joked it was a great diet (I’m chunky) ? Who knows- maybe if she has morning sickness it’s kicking her butt. It was really noticeable in my face. All my weight came back and more ? and I look back at the pics and you can tell it all in my face. 

(I feel like I should add that my doc was not concerned and baby girl was born totally healthy). 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, mstee said:

I lost about 20 pounds when I got pregnant (my first trimester). Just didn’t have an appetite. I joked it was a great diet (I’m chunky) ? Who knows- maybe if she has morning sickness it’s kicking her butt. It was really noticeable in my face. All my weight came back and more ? and I look back at the pics and you can tell it all in my face. 

(I feel like I should add that my doc was not concerned and baby girl was born totally healthy). 

My friend who just had baby last week, lost weight with her 1st bay, all the way through, he was 10lbs  (41 weeks) she did the same with this baby, she's a health 7lbs 12oz (39 weeks), they took #2 early because of how big #1 was. She's a big gal and 40 so after 12 years of infertility, she did EVERYTHING by the book, she ate clean and healthy got enough calories for both of them, at them end of both pregnancies she weighed almost exactly the same at the time of birth as she did at conception.  

• Upvote 5

That’s exactly what happened to me @allthegoodnamesrgone I weighed what I weighed pre conception at the time of my birth. Kinda stinks now though cause I didnt really lose much after the birth and then a few months later about 5-10 extra pounds stuck around. I joked with my husband recently that I’m ready for my 2nd round of weight loss. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/21/2019 at 8:41 PM, twoandthrough said:

We LOVE going to Ft. Monroe now! Though, it is kind of creepy since it's basically abandoned, and the base housing is still there. Some of it is rented out to the public now, and there's a really cool brewery there too! We live about 15 minutes away.

Fort Monroe was a great place to live! Unfortunately, our quarters were demolished several years ago because they were damaged beyond repair following a series of storms. It was so sad to see a big empty space where our home used to be. If it weren't for the heat and humidity, I'd seriously consider renting one of the apartments in the old Chamberlin hotel on Fort Monroe. It's such a beautiful building. They views are terrific.  If you haven't gotten a chance, the Casemate museum is interesting. I believe it is still open.

• Upvote 2

Weight gain/loss and pregnancy is pretty individual. I had an eating disorder when I fell pregnant with my third. I continued to lose weight in the first trimester, started very slowly gaining in the second (I was getting fairly intensive treatment at that point) and gained consistently in the third. My daughter was born slightly premature but a good size, and I had a lot of comments from people who hadn’t known my situation that I looked like I had never been pregnant. She’s nearly 3 and I now weigh at least 5-10kg more than I did at 36 weeks with a healthy baby inside me, 20kg more than I did pre-pregnancy. So until there’s a visible round bump and a pregnancy announcement I don’t consider loss or gain to be an indicator of anything.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Fort Monroe was a great place to live! Unfortunately, our quarters were demolished several years ago because they were damaged beyond repair following a series of storms. It was so sad to see a big empty space where our home used to be. If it weren't for the heat and humidity, I'd seriously consider renting one of the apartments in the old Chamberlin hotel on Fort Monroe. It's such a beautiful building. They views are terrific.  If you haven't gotten a chance, the Casemate museum is interesting. I believe it is still open.

Oh, that is so sad. I would feel strange about seeing an empty space where my old home used to be as well. Yes, we have been to the Casemate museum - so cool to read all about the history! 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, mstee said:

This happened to me too! I didn’t get back to my pre-pregnancy weight until the third trimester. My OB wasn’t concerned until the second trimester, in which I was still losing weight. A Zantac before bed turned out to be the trick! 

I still have no clue what I weigh now though (week 31). I have zero interest in knowing until after baby is here. It would only depress me. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I still have no clue what I weigh now though (week 31). I have zero interest in knowing until after baby is here. It would only depress me. 

Just wait until your "baby" is 29 and you STILL haven't lost the baby weight. Then it's really depressing!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

I feel like we will soon see a pregnancy announce from this two since they posted again. They are at an air show I think with part of the Duggar family. 

After months (2?) of silence now they are back posting prearty often...this seems very much like wath Kendra and Joe did before announce #2

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I feel like we will soon see a pregnancy announce from this two since they posted again. They are at an air show I think with part of the Duggar family. 

After months (2?) of silence now they are back posting prearty often...this seems very much like wath Kendra and Joe did before announce #2

Or maybe they hadn't done anything worth posting about and/or were too busy moving/settling house. Or maybe they didn't feel the need, like Jill, to post every mundane piece of their life for the attention. 

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Just wait until your "baby" is 29 and you STILL haven't lost the baby weight. Then it's really depressing!!!

So you are telling me I still have 7 years to lose that baby weight? Thank Rufus, I was starting to get worried. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic