• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

nolongerIFBx
23 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Speaking about medical professionals ignoring women's pain or stresses, I am currently miscarrying our first, much desired pregnancy.  . . ..

I'm so sorry.

QuiverFullofBooks

My mom is still complaining about how a nurse treated her at Walter Reed when she had a miscarriage there in 1966.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

JesSky03
15 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Thank you all so much for your kind words.  Now that I've had a little while to calm down (although we're both still devastated), I do want to add some kindnesses.  My boss covered my shift yesterday so I could stay home, and my husband stayed with me.  He's been trying to be tough/strong for me, so I've been making sure to ask him how he's doing several times a day.  His boss is out of town on vacation, but when he heard he called to express his condolences to both of us and the CEO of the company (it's small, only maybe 150 employees) stopped by my husband's desk today to do the same and to let him know that even though he had no more PTO for the year he will have a paid day for yesterday.

I did not expect him to have the same level of support that I have since he's a male in a mostly male workplace, so it's really wonderful for him to get it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you the biggest of internet hugs :hug:. If you feel like you need more time off work for healing (physical or emotional) it may be worth it to apply for FMLA if its available to you. I was approved for it after both of my miscarriages.

HarleyQuinn

Ugh JD. Also I'm not sure why anyone would ever think a Duggar male wasn't an asshole at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex

Vic Micolucci (reporter who got them CFA) isn’t going to say anything bad about them because Jesus, and it sounds like there is a bit of exaggeration in James Lea’s story.  Sadly, this is just going to be tabloid fodder and nothing more unless a legit news organization decides to investigate.

That said, I’ve always thought their downfall would be caused by something like this vs. another sex scandal.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Mrs Ms

Oriental volunteer? Oriental? :wtsf:

Looks like a case of even a broken clock is right twice a day 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

QuiverFullofBooks

FYI (because I had to ask Wikipedia): A fixed-base operator (FBO) is an organization granted the right by an airport to operate at the airport and provide aeronautical services such as fueling, hangaring, tie-down and parking, aircraft rental, aircraft maintenance, flight instruction, and similar services.

nickelodeon
1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

Oriental volunteer? Oriental? :wtsf:

Looks like a case of even a broken clock is right twice a day 

Yeah, I was not expecting the surprise slurs. The fuck’s wrong with this guy?

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
29 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Yeah, I was not expecting the surprise slurs. The fuck’s wrong with this guy?

That's why I don't think this guy's account is going to be taken seriously...some of it doesn't seem quite right, and then he channels John Schrader...

ETA:  However, I don't doubt the disaster tourists show their ass when there isn't a camera or a potential PR opportunity around.  They will fake it around larger and legit groups so they are taken seriously. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex

louisa05
On 8/20/2019 at 2:49 PM, keen23 said:

On my side, the first 5 born were girls. Since then, there was a boy, a girl, three boys, and the final girl.

On my husband's side, we have four girls, then three boys, another girl and then another three boys.

Dad's side with birth order in parenthesis: 

Dad: Boy (1), Girl (5)

Brother: Girl (2), Girl (3)

Sister 1: Boy (4), Boy (6), Boy (8), Boy (10), Boy (11), Boy (13)

Sister 2: Girl (7), Boy (9), Girl (12), Boy (14)

Mom's side: 

Brother: Boy, Boy

Mom: Boy, Girl. 

In that order. Her brother and sister-in-law adopted a girl and her sister and brother-in-law adopted a boy and then a girl. 

Biologically, both sides of the family are boy heavy in mine and the next generation. 

Satisfied
scoutsadie
On 9/10/2019 at 7:08 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Thank you all so much for your kind words.  Now that I've had a little while to calm down (although we're both still devastated), I do want to add some kindnesses.  My boss covered my shift yesterday so I could stay home, and my husband stayed with me.  He's been trying to be tough/strong for me, so I've been making sure to ask him how he's doing several times a day.  His boss is out of town on vacation, but when he heard he called to express his condolences to both of us and the CEO of the company (it's small, only maybe 150 employees) stopped by my husband's desk today to do the same and to let him know that even though he had no more PTO for the year he will have a paid day for yesterday.

I did not expect him to have the same level of support that I have since he's a male in a mostly male workplace, so it's really wonderful for him to get it.

I hope you and your husband both are continuing to heal and are still feeling supported. I'm so truly sorry for your loss.