IGNORED

John David & Abbie 8: Schrodinger No More, Baby Passenger Onboard

HerNameIsBuffy

23 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Speaking about medical professionals ignoring women's pain or stresses, I am currently miscarrying our first, much desired pregnancy.  . . ..

I'm so sorry.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 11

My mom is still complaining about how a nurse treated her at Walter Reed when she had a miscarriage there in 1966.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

15 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Thank you all so much for your kind words.  Now that I've had a little while to calm down (although we're both still devastated), I do want to add some kindnesses.  My boss covered my shift yesterday so I could stay home, and my husband stayed with me.  He's been trying to be tough/strong for me, so I've been making sure to ask him how he's doing several times a day.  His boss is out of town on vacation, but when he heard he called to express his condolences to both of us and the CEO of the company (it's small, only maybe 150 employees) stopped by my husband's desk today to do the same and to let him know that even though he had no more PTO for the year he will have a paid day for yesterday.

I did not expect him to have the same level of support that I have since he's a male in a mostly male workplace, so it's really wonderful for him to get it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you the biggest of internet hugs :hug:. If you feel like you need more time off work for healing (physical or emotional) it may be worth it to apply for FMLA if its available to you. I was approved for it after both of my miscarriages.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

Ugh JD. Also I'm not sure why anyone would ever think a Duggar male wasn't an asshole at this point.

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 4
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 13

Vic Micolucci (reporter who got them CFA) isn’t going to say anything bad about them because Jesus, and it sounds like there is a bit of exaggeration in James Lea’s story.  Sadly, this is just going to be tabloid fodder and nothing more unless a legit news organization decides to investigate.

That said, I’ve always thought their downfall would be caused by something like this vs. another sex scandal.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

FYI (because I had to ask Wikipedia): A fixed-base operator (FBO) is an organization granted the right by an airport to operate at the airport and provide aeronautical services such as fueling, hangaring, tie-down and parking, aircraft rental, aircraft maintenance, flight instruction, and similar services.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

Oriental volunteer? Oriental? :wtsf:

Looks like a case of even a broken clock is right twice a day 

Yeah, I was not expecting the surprise slurs. The fuck’s wrong with this guy?

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

That's why I don't think this guy's account is going to be taken seriously...some of it doesn't seem quite right, and then he channels John Schrader...

ETA:  However, I don't doubt the disaster tourists show their ass when there isn't a camera or a potential PR opportunity around.  They will fake it around larger and legit groups so they are taken seriously. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 13

On 8/20/2019 at 2:49 PM, keen23 said:

On my side, the first 5 born were girls. Since then, there was a boy, a girl, three boys, and the final girl.

On my husband's side, we have four girls, then three boys, another girl and then another three boys.

Dad's side with birth order in parenthesis: 

Dad: Boy (1), Girl (5)

Brother: Girl (2), Girl (3)

Sister 1: Boy (4), Boy (6), Boy (8), Boy (10), Boy (11), Boy (13)

Sister 2: Girl (7), Boy (9), Girl (12), Boy (14)

Mom's side: 

Brother: Boy, Boy

Mom: Boy, Girl. 

In that order. Her brother and sister-in-law adopted a girl and her sister and brother-in-law adopted a boy and then a girl. 

Biologically, both sides of the family are boy heavy in mine and the next generation. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/10/2019 at 7:08 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Thank you all so much for your kind words.  Now that I've had a little while to calm down (although we're both still devastated), I do want to add some kindnesses.  My boss covered my shift yesterday so I could stay home, and my husband stayed with me.  He's been trying to be tough/strong for me, so I've been making sure to ask him how he's doing several times a day.  His boss is out of town on vacation, but when he heard he called to express his condolences to both of us and the CEO of the company (it's small, only maybe 150 employees) stopped by my husband's desk today to do the same and to let him know that even though he had no more PTO for the year he will have a paid day for yesterday.

I did not expect him to have the same level of support that I have since he's a male in a mostly male workplace, so it's really wonderful for him to get it.

I hope you and your husband both are continuing to heal and are still feeling supported. I'm so truly sorry for your loss.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

What's this about Duggars boychildren taking handguns to the Bahamas?

Bahamas. 1969 ‘Introduction and Possession of Revolvers Only Under Special Licence.’ Firearms Act, Chapter 213, 1969; Part II (Section 4). Nassau: Government of the Bahamas. 17 July

Relevant contents

Introduction and Possession of Revolvers Only Under Special Licence

4. (1) Subject to the provisions of sections 6, 43 and 44 of this Act, no person
shall introduce into The Bahamas or possess any revolver unless he shall have obtained a special licence in the prescribed form from the Licensing Authority authorising him to introduce or possess the same.

(2) The grant or refusal of a special licence under the provisions of this section shall be at the discretion of the Licensing Authority and every such special licence shall be issued subject to such conditions and restrictions as he may deem fit.

(3) Every such special licence shall cease and be of no effect at midnight on the thirty-first day of December in the year in which it was issued but may be renewed at the discretion of the Licensing Authority:
Provided that an application for the renewal of a special licence shall be made within fourteen days after the expiration of the special licence concerned.

(4) It shall be lawful for the Licensing Authority by writing under his hand to vest all or any of his powers under the provisions of this section in the Commissioner, but any person aggrieved by any decision made by the Commissioner in the exercise of these powers may appeal to the Licensing Authority and the Licensing Authority may revoke, vary or confirm the decision so appealed against and his decision shall be final and shall not be called in question in any court.

(5) There shall be payable upon issue of a special licence under the provisions of this section a fee of such amount as may be prescribed.

Last accessed at:
http://laws.bahamas.gov.bs/statutes/statute_CHAPTER_213.html

[from https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/bahamas]

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

Well, the above ties in with my noticing in a photo last week, Lawson wearing a badge while in the Bahamas.  

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Quick look at his fb profile shows that he's not exactly a raging liberal...

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

It's really too bad that guy James undermined his account with the "skinny Oriental" slur. The Duggars' and Bateses' behavior sounds atrocious.

• Upvote 12

I find this James Lea guy believable. According to my dad he has a good reputation in the amateur radio community. I believe he is also well liked in the storm chasing community as well. Having said that, his "oriental" comment was awful. I hope others will come forward to tell what really happened.

• Upvote 18

James Lea is escalating against the Duggars: a few facebook pages have screenshots of him suposedly contacting a regional security officer accusing the Duggars of operating without a diplomatic note, whatever that is. None of these terms are things I have heard of, but my experience in disaster relief is purely based in academia, not boots in the dirt. 

jameslea.png

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

A Duggar-Bates spat with the State Department?:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:I am here for it!

Although watch them go crying to their Trump-loving Tennessee or Arkansas Senators in one..two..three...

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

On 9/11/2019 at 1:08 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I am so sorry for your loss. Been there, wish you peace and healing.

I'm not sure what the Duggar/Bates clan thinks it's doing in the Bahamas, but it sounds like they are up to no good.  I'll just leave this here (This picture is NOT meant to make fun of a group of people.  I am poking fun at what the Bates and Duggars THINK they're doing.  The picture is taken from a HuffPost article from December 2017 against voluntourism. The Ken doll on the left is Lawson.)  It's going to be interesting to hear how the Duggars/Bates spin or justify their police tactics in the Bahamas.

lawbates.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I'm not sure what the Duggar/Bates clan thinks it's doing in the Bahamas, but it sounds like they are up to no good.  I'll just leave this here (This picture is NOT meant to make fun of a group of people.  I am poking fun at what the Bates and Duggars THINK they're doing.  The picture is taken from a HuffPost article from December 2017 against voluntourism. The Ken doll on the left is Lawson.)  It's going to be interesting to hear how the Duggars/Bates spin or justify their police tactics in the Bahamas.

lawbates.png

Aren’t they sleeping on the floor of the AirPort hall, including Abbie? 

So I've been skimming Crazy Days and Nights lately (because of Epstien blind items of one form or another daily)

And I just saw this posted yesterday

Today's Blind Items - Good Gone Bad

I have always had a favorite in this family of reality stars. I guess I will need to find a new one now. Well, honestly, probably not. Not really a family you want to get too involved with. Over the years I have highlighted some of their more memorable scams and sins, but they are taking it to a new level in their latest scam. Of course nothing I mention here will ever outweigh the covering up of all the horrible things done to some of the kids, but this is just about the scams, and my favorite is involved.

Somehow the favorite managed to include the person who was supposedly exiled/banned/shunned moving away but never really did and is with the favorite 24/7 as if they were together or something. Anyway, although they are involved and complicit and helping in the scam by soliciting money. Oh yes, money. They don't want anything useful or any supplies, they only want cash or cards they can convert to cash. If you do give them supplies or anything useful, they sell it on the black market rather than distributing it.

The ringleader is one of the members of the reality family, but he brought along members from a similar family. They are all pretending to be law enforcement and carrying badges in a country that has been devastated. They are commandeering relief packages from overseas saying they had been given contracts to control every bit of cargo. (Narrators's voice) They haven't.

They are stealing fuel and then billing NGO's for the fuel. It is a scam on a massive level and pales in comparison to the one two other members of the family pulled while out of the country.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

On 9/9/2019 at 1:55 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Speaking about medical professionals ignoring women's pain or stresses, I am currently miscarrying our first, much desired pregnancy.  When I went to the ER yesterday for bleeding the nurse sarcastically (and yes, my husband was there to confirm it wasn't just my hormones) asked me if I knew this was common and normal in pregnancy, right?  Right?  And was so annoyed by my wasting her time she wouldn't even take a complete history.  I got halfway through listing medications I'm on (there are only 3 plus prenatal vitamins) before she said, "the doctor will be in shortly" and left.  She didn't come back in after the doctor told me we were losing the baby, which was probably for the best because I didn't need to be arrested for punching her in the face.

I'm a veterinarian (both ER and general practice) and if ANY of my nurses EVER spoke to a client that way we'd have a serious problem.  They never would, though, because I don't work with assholes.  This probably isn't the right place to vent but I don't want to share about this with people in real life any more than I absolutely must.

So am I.  Miscarrying our first, much desired pregnancy.

• Sad 9
  • Love 40

• Coconut Flan locked this topic