IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 3: Too smart to get involved with a Duggar and too dumb to teach your quiver to

HerNameIsBuffy
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Yo Friends!

Keep the raid talk here:

It's not like Pickles will have any good info anyway.

I am no JB fan but he was burying his mom. I am amazed every time a family member can get up and speak at a funeral so if he screwed up how many grandkids he has who cares. I forgot my husband’s name at my grandma’s funeral. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

40 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I am no JB fan but he was burying his mom. I am amazed every time a family member can get up and speak at a funeral so if he screwed up how many grandkids he has who cares. I forgot my husband’s name at my grandma’s funeral. 

Agreed I can cut him slack too. 

It's his mother, the only thing he needs to get right is her name and how much she was loved. 

• Upvote 16

42 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Exactly, regardless of what anyone on here thinks about him he is still a person who just lost his mother in terrible unexpected circumstances. Mixing up the number of grandchildren he has is not important, the same way Michelle getting Jessa's age wrong when she called the paramedics after she started to haemorrhage when Spurgeon was born was not a big deal.

As for Pickles blaming the family for not looking after Mary, she needs to shut the hell up. She may have had her health issues but she wasn't needing round the clock care and it wasn't as if family members were not seeing her all the time.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Exactly, regardless of what anyone on here thinks about him he is still a person who just lost his mother in terrible unexpected circumstances. Mixing up the number of grandchildren he has is not important, the same way Michelle getting Jessa's age wrong when she called the paramedics after she started to haemorrhage when Spurgeon was born was not a big deal.

As for Pickles blaming the family for not looking after Mary, she needs to shut the hell up. She may have had her health issues but she wasn't needing round the clock care and it wasn't as if family members were not seeing her all the time.

I agree especially if you take at value what she has previously said, the family was organizing a welcome back party for the twins that just graduated at Alert, so the family was going to be with her...plus they saw her the morning, as Jana said on her ig that they had gone church together that very morning 

What a useless waist of resources the cucumber is Smh

• Upvote 9

Pickles is absolutely terrible. I'm sickened, truly. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Pickles is a creepy stalker who is probably dangerous at this point. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

54 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pickles is a creepy stalker who is probably dangerous at this point. 

I hate her more than any of the fundie people I follow here, she has just overtaken Jill Rod as the worst, Jill will probably do something to make herself top again soon but for now it's Pickles.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

I don’t use this term lightly and I apologize in advance for offending anyone, but Pickles is the very definition of a raging bitch in my opinion. What a truly disgusting reaction to have in the face of another person's genuine grief. I don’t care what anyone thinks about the Duggars or JimBob - criticizing his eulogy or questioning their grief is completely uncalled for. 

And by the way, what kind of crappy person would attend the funeral and report back to her like that? If you’re there it should be because you’re mourning for the person who died or with their loved ones, not so you can snark on it with an glorified and obsessed internet stalker.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 10

The vile cucumber needs to get a grip. Mary wasn’t someone who needed around the clock care and what happened to her could easily happen to someone young and healthy. Like others stated they just saw her that morning and were preparing a party. She was probably doing what anyone does making sure things were ready to go when it happened. She wasn’t an animal who needed to be caged when alone. Stupid evil cucumber and the person who went to a funeral as a spy. 

Edited by frugalitymom
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

I found it odd that pickles posted funeral pictures (from Jill’s IG I think) but said she had a picture of the hearse she decided not to share. Personally I don’t care either way but why would a hearse pic be more inappropriate to share than all of the other pictures like the pallbearers carrying the coffin?? 

• Upvote 8

I have always thought birth and death are some kind of sacred and should be private.  The soul entering or leaving has no control over anything and should be given dignity.  Not stupid fucking cameras everywhere.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I rarely go to Pickles' page anymore (I unliked her last year on FB) but I headed over after reading everything here. She has Google Earth images up of the Duggar compound and houses complete with street names and everything. I mean, yes the Duggars are public figures but that seems super stalker-y to me! It's one thing that have that info but totally another to put it out there publicly. That just really rubs me the wrong way.

I won't get started on the comments about Grandma Mary. Totally inappropriate.

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1

16 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Just when I think she’s hit the lowest, Pickles bursts through another boundary like the Koolaid man.

I call that plummeting through the glass floor. Ideally used when referencing JRod and Trump but it seems perfect for Pickles too. Unfortunately there seems to be no basement in sight for any of them. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Ugh. No pickled, bad pickled. 

Also, in many families and cultures ( mine for example) do not do the assisted living thing unless things are waaaay to much to handle or hospice is needed due to pain management.  My mother had ordered a hospital bed, planning on grandma passing at home.  But, grandma was in too much pain and needed a morphine drip.  We all knew it was for the best but, it still felt wrong. We bring our people home to die if possible.  Many older people with family do not wish to be in a nursing home.  Shut up pickled!  Stop yakking about this. She's deranged.  I hope they can sue her. Probably not but it would be glorious.  What a vile crude stalker biiiiitch!  

• Upvote 8

Here's another thing that Pickles is forgetting: you can't just force an elderly person into a nursing home or assisted living facility just because they're elderly. It can be done in rare, exceptional circumstances only. From what I know of Grandma Mary's situation (e.g. that she was not suffering from dementia), she cannot just be packed off to live in a home. That is/was her decision to make, not Jim-Bob's or Deanna's or anyone else's. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

@ViolaSebastian um yeah, how terrifying would it be if once you reached a certain age someone in your family could just say “yep okay time for you to go to a home,” in spite of you being in possession of all your faculties? My grandfather is going on 87 and caring for my grandmother full time. He doesn’t want help, I’ve offered for us to come stay with them, and ultimately that’s his decision because he’s as lucid and healthy as someone fifteen years younger. His memory is better than mine. Heck, his blood pressure is better than mine! According to Pickles though, we’re irresponsible for letting him live out his days with his own autonomy? Yeah okay. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I think Pickles is completely wrong to have done the posts about Mary. Who gave her permission? Fair enough if the family (specifically Jill) want to post about it. That is different because Mary was her Grandma and so I can understand why Jill has decided to make her grief public. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Here's another thing that Pickles is forgetting: you can't just force an elderly person into a nursing home or assisted living facility just because they're elderly. It can be done in rare, exceptional circumstances only. From what I know of Grandma Mary's situation (e.g. that she was not suffering from dementia), she cannot just be packed off to live in a home. That is/was her decision to make, not Jim-Bob's or Deanna's or anyone else's. 

Or that the nursing home or assisted living facility that you can afford or is near you is any good. There are a lot of bad nursing homes out there. One of my mom's friends checked her mother out of one and brought her home because it had been the only one she could afford but the staff had been horrible too. She had been hit, there were unexplained bruises and one nurse "accidentally" hit her with the door. No one believed her but it also couldn't be proven since there were no witnesses except the patient with dementia. She brought her mom home. After my mom's third stroke we were recommended a "great" place for her to recover from her stroke filled with fully trained doctors, nurses and medical staff. None of us have a medical background and thought maybe it was better for her to surrounded by people who knew what they were doing. Yes,  well, my mom had her fourth stroke on their watch and would have died except my dad decided to visit her a little earlier that day, she collapsed and he was able to jump in an do CPR while yelling for anyone to come help him. It took forever before someone to come that person just stood there while he yelled to call 911 she ran off and others finally showed up. But had she been alone? She would have been dead and probably for hours before anyone there noticed. Why weren't they monitoring her? Why weren't they checking on her? Especially with her history? She survived that one and we brought her home she was better off with us taking care of her then them.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1

13 hours ago, mane's mommy said:

I found it odd that pickles posted funeral pictures (from Jill’s IG I think) but said she had a picture of the hearse she decided not to share. Personally I don’t care either way but why would a hearse pic be more inappropriate to share than all of the other pictures like the pallbearers carrying the coffin?? 

She just wants to make sure everyone thinks that she knows much more then she shares. That she’s an ”insider”. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

She just wants to make sure everyone thinks that she knows much more then she shares. That she’s an ”insider”. :pb_rollseyes:

Ahhh. That makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I think Pickles is completely wrong to have done the posts about Mary. Who gave her permission? Fair enough if the family (specifically Jill) want to post about it. That is different because Mary was her Grandma and so I can understand why Jill has decided to make her grief public. 

100%, I personally would never post funeral pictures of family members, I have nothing against Jill taking the pictures or even it been featured on the show, that is up to them. What Pickles is doing is just sick. 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Or that the nursing home or assisted living facility that you can afford or is near you is any good. There are a lot of bad nursing homes out there. One of my mom's friends checked her mother out of one and brought her home because it had been the only one she could afford but the staff had been horrible too. She had been hit, there were unexplained bruises and one nurse "accidentally" hit her with the door. No one believed her but it also couldn't be proven since there were no witnesses except the patient with dementia. She brought her mom home. After my mom's third stroke we were recommended a "great" place for her to recover from her stroke filled with fully trained doctors, nurses and medical staff. None of us have a medical background and thought maybe it was better for her to surrounded by people who knew what they were doing. Yes,  well, my mom had her fourth stroke on their watch and would have died except my dad decided to visit her a little earlier that day, she collapsed and he was able to jump in an do CPR while yelling for anyone to come help him. It took forever before someone to come that person just stood there while he yelled to call 911 she ran off and others finally showed up. But had she been alone? She would have been dead and probably for hours before anyone there noticed. Why weren't they monitoring her? Why weren't they checking on her? Especially with her history? She survived that one and we brought her home she was better off with us taking care of her then them.

I have been in 4 different skilled nursing facilities in the last few years and quality varies wildly from place to place.  The first 3 we went to sight unseen based on various reasons.   We were considering suing 2 of them due to the neglect and abuse I suffered and I heard SO many stories when doing research it was terrifying.    The 4th one we knew I would be on total (literally) bedrest for 8 weeks so we visited 3 different facilities.   There was one that I wouldn't even wish on Lori Alexander.  The one we ended up using was by far the best one I had been in.  They also didn't try to hurt me until the day before I was supposed to be released when they ignored a blocked catheter for 14 hours.  I was ready to call 911 because I feared my bladder was going to rupture, but telling them you are suing 2 facilities and don't mind adding a 3rd really kicks people into action ;)

The first place I was in was awful.  My roommate was a lovely lady who was 85 years old.  Every night they brought the food trays and she would pick at the food, not really eating much and tell them she was full and to take the tray.  Then an hour later, like clockwork, she would ask for a pb&j sandwich.   I could never figure out why they didn't just bring her the damn sandwich to begin with, but I digress.

One day they brought her back from a PT session and the nurse said "oh honey are you cold?  you are shaking," tossed a blanket over her and left the room.    I had a chronic heart failure dog and count respirations out of habit now so I'm listening to her raspy breathing and start counting breaths.   I asked my husband how she looked and he took a picture so I could see clearly.  I said go get a nurse NOW!   He went to find a nurse who took one look at  her, left the room and a minute later 15 people pile into the room.  They left the room with a paramedic giving her CPR as they rolled her out of the room.   If I hadn't happened to notice she would have died there.  Fortunately, she lived but, of course, I got no other info.  I still think about her.

From what I have seen of Grandma Mary there was no reason for her to be in a facility of any kind.  Even if she was slowed down some by the strokes she must have been doing fairly well if she cooked breakfast for the whole family that morning.

Pickles is gross. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 11

My MIL spent some time in a nursing home after one of her surgeries.  My husband and I visited her nightly after work.  One time we arrived and I smelled infected urine the moment I stepped in the door.  It's a weird thing I have, I seem to smell a urine infection even when everyone else insists it smells normal.  I went to the front desk and told the nurse that someone on the floor has a bad UTI.  She chuckled and told me that what I was smelling was in fact, my MIL.  She said my MIL had wet the bed and they were waiting for someone to come change the sheets.  My husband said "Is she sitting there in a soaked bed?"  The nurse replied that they had her in a chair next to the bed, and the smell really wasn't that strong.  "Some people have an acute sense of smell.  The rest of us can't smell anything."

We rushed to MIL's room and found her sitting in a clean bed.  The smell was coming from her roommate.  That woman had a catheter, a full bag with cloudy pink urine, wet sheets and blankets, and urine puddling on the floor under the bed.  I asked her how she felt.  She was crying and said "My side hurts."  I went back to the front desk and told the nurse what we'd found.  She just shrugged and told me that the roommate was a complainer, but they'd have someone go check her out.  I wanted to call someone, but both my husband and his mom told me to mind my own business.  The were afraid that if I made waves, things would get tough for my MIL when we weren't there to see.

I fumed all night and the next day when we went to visit MIL, the next bed was empty.  MIL said that after we left, someone came to change the sheets and called for help, and the woman was taken away.  She had a massive UTI that had moved to her kidneys and had been moved to Intensive Care.  After a couple of days I couldn't shake my anger, and a few other things had happened that I hated, so I called the State Ombudsman's office and reported them.

About a week later the facility made the local news when they were inspected without advance notification and a lot of the higher staff lost their jobs.  I'd like to report that things improved, but that facility had frequent problems for the next few years and was eventually closed down for good.  We'd had MIL moved long before then.  She actually made it back home for a time until at last her health required her to go into Assisted Living.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 13
  • WTF 2
  • Love 3

• 3 months later...

Is it possible for her to keep sinking lower? I'm not sure if I should repeat what I just read on her page,  but she is releasing info that I wonder if it should be made  public the way she is doing it.  

• Upvote 3