IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

They moved, bet it's a Jana/Jessa redecorate (again)

Who is the TLC producer who believes that audiences are dying to see Jana and Jessa decorate Jinger's home not once, not twice, but thrice, and how do we stop him?

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 22

@nickelodeon the same one that thought we were entertained (across multiple figure 8 produced shows) by dental visits.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 11

9 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Obligatory!

Love Rachel Bloom, who I am guessing wrote that song.

I have a couple of friends who saw her perform her Hugo nominated song F*@k Me, Ray Bradbury at the WorldCon in Reno. Her other songs are interesting (and a little creepy, sometimes) as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Jinger has definitely come a long way from the frumpers and Goodwill clothes because she’s wearing Gucci shoes (They could be knock offs of course but Gucci did release a blue gingham slides last year). 

Edited by Rik_Bik
  • Upvote 4

The Duggar kids are interesting.  They're just in a complexly unfortunate situation funded by boring shows.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Rik_Bik said:

Jinger has definitely come a long way from the frumpers and Goodwill clothes because she’s wearing Gucci shoes (They could be knock offs of course but Gucci did release a blue gingham slides last year). 

They’re not Gucci, they’re Sam Edelman I think. Still over $100 though. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SilverBeach said:
On 8/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, raspberrymint said:

The Duggar kids are interesting. 

No, they're not.

I agree with you both. To me, they truly do nothing that is noteworthy, and in fact, do less of anything than my friends or neighbors. They are so boring they have a production manager person come up with 'skits' for them to perform for the show. But they are 'interesting' in an intriguing way, enough so that I watch their show and read here. It is interesting to see how they portray themselves while having a faith and a level of humanity awareness and consideration that is so different from my own. It is interesting to speculate or read others' speculations of how they will respond/behave to XYZ or what they think of XYZ. I'm amazed at the dichotomy of what they say is the basis for their faith (god, jesus, the bible... known to most of the world as LOVE) and then their selfish, judgmental and condescending actions towards anyone and everyone who is different from them. If I say any more I fear a rant will begin.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Bobology said:

But they are 'interesting' in an intriguing way, enough so that I watch their show and read here.

Haven't watched their show in many years. I read here not because they are interesting, but because simple, narrow-minded Trump supporting fundies are disgusting to me.  I wouldn't pick any of them for friends, not that they would pick me either.  My friends actually are interesting and complex. Not brainwashed culties.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 8/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, raspberrymint said:

The Duggar kids are interesting.  They're just in a complexly unfortunate situation funded by boring shows.

They would be interesting if the producers would ask real questions that really highlight the differences between them and secular people in major metros -particularly non-Southern ones like San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, and Miami.

If they would use Time for Kids polls and ask the Duggar kids their thoughts on the subjects and ask them why they agree or disagree, use Teen Vogue polls and ask the teens, that would be interesting, and go through a secular marriage counseling book and ask the married kids what they would do in a given situation or how they deal with it, then share the recommended secular way and ask them the pros and cons of the religious way vs. the secular way.

That would be interesting and informative.

As it is now, it's an infomercial for fundamentalism.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

I would love to see an actual HBO/Netflix style documentary on the Duggars, where they show the "real" aspects of their lives/cult and ask them tough questions. That would be interesting.

Maybe if TLC cancels them for good, JB will be desperate enough for money. A girl can dream. 

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 2

Jana gave confirmation on her IG that she's still single and still waitin' on God. Thought it was funny how she said he could be coming via turtle. Don't grow impatient, dear! Wth I wonder if she listens to mainstream music?

IMG_3862.thumb.jpg.9be75dcaa5a04cfe5887e499194874f0.jpg

Edited by AnnaRuk09
  • Upvote 16

I’m slightly surprised Jana knows who Michael Buble is. Remember back on 18 Kids and Counting when the family visited Dolly Parton? Michelle pretended she had never heard of Dolly. BS on that. I’m the same age as Michelle and I knew of Dolly Parton when I was little kid. No way a southern country girl from Arkansas hadn’t heard of Dolly Parton! 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Jana gave confirmation on her IG that she's still single and still waitin' on God. Thought it was funny how she said he could be coming via turtle. Don't grow impatient, dear! Wth I wonder if she listens to mainstream music?

IMG_3862.thumb.jpg.9be75dcaa5a04cfe5887e499194874f0.jpg

I see you Jana, crushin' on Moscow Mitch!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

The only thing I know about Michael Buble is that there was some sort of controversy about his method of eating ? corn on the cob.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

I had to check the date; normally I only hear of Bublé at Christmas! 

I’m in my thirties and I get asked plenty when I’m going to get married. It’s super annoying and depending how sensitive I’m feeling that day, it can really bring me down. I can’t imagine handling those questions on a Jana level scale.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, Kelsey said:

The only thing I know about Michael Buble is that there was some sort of controversy about his method of eating ? corn on the cob.

Well, it serves me right for googling! (Not really NSFW, but consider who's around you.)

Spoiler

1904622283_uploads2Fstory2Fthumbnail2F60912Fmichaelbuble.jpg2F950x534.thumb.jpg.a96a2fa06df3b98b814c4addd22d502b.jpg

• Haha 17
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Kelsey said:

And that he cheated on Emily Blunt when they were dating (IDK why I know this, lol). Fun fact: he's married to someone I met years ago through an actress friend (his wife is an Argentinian actress).

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

And that he cheated on Emily Blunt when they were dating (IDK why I know this, lol). Fun fact: he's married to someone I met years ago through an actress friend (his wife is an Argentinian actress).

Yes. He’s married to Luisana Lopilato. They have a few kids together and their eldest, Noah, was diagnosed with cancer back in 2016 when he was just 3. Michael actually cancelled an entire tour and basically put everything career related on hold to be with his family while Noah was being treated (I think he’s in remission now and is doing well.) I don’t know how I know any of this, but there you go. ?

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes. He’s married to Luisana Lopilato. They have a few kids together and their eldest, Noah, was diagnosed with cancer back in 2016 when he was just 3. Michael actually cancelled an entire tour and basically put everything career related on hold to be with his family while Noah was being treated (I think he’s in remission now and is doing well.) I don’t know how I know any of this, but there you go. ?

You should work for e! News, lmao.

His wife is a very sweet person!!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Well, it serves me right for googling! (Not really NSFW, but consider who's around you.)

Hide contents

1904622283_uploads2Fstory2Fthumbnail2F60912Fmichaelbuble.jpg2F950x534.thumb.jpg.a96a2fa06df3b98b814c4addd22d502b.jpg

I have a photo of my niece at about 18 months old eating her corn the same way, only she'd eaten all the corn. She's 7 now and still loves some Iowa sweet corn. 

• Love 3

On 7/31/2019 at 10:24 PM, Audrey2 said:

Love Rachel Bloom, who I am guessing wrote that song.

I have a couple of friends who saw her perform her Hugo nominated song F*@k Me, Ray Bradbury at the WorldCon in Reno. Her other songs are interesting (and a little creepy, sometimes) as well.

She's got a four-season show called Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which you should definitely check out!

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2019 at 1:23 AM, Markie said:

I’m slightly surprised Jana knows who Michael Buble is. Remember back on 18 Kids and Counting when the family visited Dolly Parton? Michelle pretended she had never heard of Dolly. BS on that. I’m the same age as Michelle and I knew of Dolly Parton when I was little kid. No way a southern country girl from Arkansas hadn’t heard of Dolly Parton! 

Bublé and his wife are known as really religious, bordering on fundie, around here. I guess that's why she's "allowed" to listen to his music? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic