IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

I'm not sold that Jana's instagram was PS'd. But I definitely don't think the two girls in the reddit photo are the same one's in the back of Jana's. Mainly, because the striped-shirt girl is stick thin and the reddit stripped girl has some meat on her. Plus, both girls in the reddit clearly have their hair done. I don't see the girls in the back of Jana's hair curled.

Also, we are going into a lot of detail on this particular topic.

If it IS photoshopped....I'm also curious as to why? Why go through all the effort to PS the people behind her, when she has basically the same pose with no one behind her in the third picture?

Last, Jana, could you just buy a nicer camera for these staged photos so we can really zoom in on the detail. 

[Insert napoleon dynamite's GOOOOSHHHHH]

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Tbh if Jana feels she has the right to photoshop someone else's body then I don't take issue with someone doing the same to her. 

While photo shopping her in a bikini is extreme, if I were one of the photoshopped girls I would feel as if they are telling me I'm some kind of immoral slut that needs to be covered. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

While photo shopping her in a bikini is extreme, if I were one of the photoshopped girls I would feel as if they are telling me I'm some kind of immoral slut that needs to be covered. 

Exactly. If they really were photoshopped then it wasn’t an innocent act - it was a slut-shaming act and it’s as inappropriate as someone photoshopping a photo of Jana so she looks like she’s wearing a bikini. The sole difference, in my opinion, is that the women in Jana’s photo aren’t identified because they aren’t facing the camera. That still doesn’t make it ok though. 

Tl;dr: Any altering of someone else's appearance without their consent is something I’m not ok with, but opinions will vary on that.

And now I’m just disappointed that the person behind her was just taking a picture rather than flipping her off. And I had no clue there was even an app to zoom in on Instagram posts and now I feel old. ?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

53 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

And now I’m just disappointed that the person behind her was just taking a picture rather than flipping her off. And I had no clue there was even an app to zoom in on Instagram posts and now I feel old. ?

I just zoomed in using my fingers inside the Instagram app and took a screenshot. No special app required! ?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Jana's deleting every comment calling out the Photoshop. Following in Anna's footsteps, I see!

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 3

This is so funny! Prim and proper Jana thinks it's her job to tell other people how to dress. ?  I hope those two young ladies in the photo know this is going on and give her an earful. She's not in Arkansas anymore, get a life Jana.  ?

• Upvote 3

So much for Jana being the sweet one. I'm just surprised it took this long for her to show her ass.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

As a person who regularly works in Photoshop, the images look doctored to me. I could be wrong, though. But it is definitely suspect.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Jana is like those sweet and sour candies. She presents sweet but she's the one that potty trained all those kids, she's the one with the wifi password, she's not one to mess with.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

22 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

I think the principal is similar, but I feel like the Jana in a bikini thing is more inappropriate. With her post, she was (probably) desexualizing those people, making them more modest. In their real lives, I doubt they would feel uncomfortable wearing such skirts- maybe they'd feel frumpy or like it wasn't their style, but it probably wouldn't make them uncomfortable. However, the picture of Jana in a bikini is sexualizing her, showing off tons of skin. If Jana were to dress like that in real life, she would probably be deeply uncomfortable. It definitely goes against her personal beliefs and preferences, and would draw negative attention from the whole purity culture scene she's a part of. It was pretentious and silly of her to photoshop skirts into the post, but the bikini pic just seems humiliating and violating to me. Not cool. 

I don't agree with the Jana-in-a-bikini photoshop job, and I haven't even looked at it, but I will say this:

Jana did not de-sexualize these girls by photoshopping (longer) skirts on them. She's actually sexualizing them by essentially saying that their outfits (shorts or shorter skirts, whatever the case may be) are slutty and need to be covered up. They may not feel uncomfortable actually wearing skirts like that in real life, but that's not what it's about. It's about the fact that they wore something they clearly felt comfortable in and someone else, someone with a huge online following, posted their picture and, without their consent, altered their outfits to fit her own modesty standards.

I'd like to see the Duggars if, say, a Muslim woman decided to photoshop a hijab on Jana in the background of her own photo because she deemed Jana scantily clad. Betcha the Duggars wouldn't like that one bit.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 5

I don’t where the whole Jana is sweet is coming from. Dull, bland ,complacent and dutiful sure but that does not make one sweet or even nice. What has she done so worthy? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Jana is like those sweet and sour candies. She presents sweet but she's the one that potty trained all those kids, she's the one with the wifi password, she's not one to mess with.

And according to her mom, a bit of a handful as a youngster. I never thought of Jana as particularly sweet. To me, she always presented as very quiet and willing and happy to let Jill be in the limelight. In fact, for all the “keeping sweet” referenced by their parents, I never found any of those older girls to be particularly sweet when you compare them to the general population.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

FIW, That “Keeping sweet” phrase has Never been used by the Duggars in my recollection But a term coined by Rulon Jeff’s from FLDS.

https://flds101.blogspot.com/2008/05/flds-101-keep-sweet.html?m=1

But no. The Duggar girls are not even particularly kind much less sweet. They have been shown kinda rude and snotty to each other at least if you want to be real. But Which teenage sisters aren’t frequently? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

FIW, That “Keeping sweet” phrase has Never been used by the Duggars in my recollection But a term coined by Rulon Jeff’s from FLDS.

But no. The Duggar girls are not even particularly kind much less sweet. They have been shown kinda rude and snotty to each other at least if you want to be real. But Which teenage sisters aren’t frequently? 

Yup!  

The Duggars had/ have other weird phrases like "JOY-Jesus first, Others next, Yourself last". I'm trying to think of the other words they used when someone was showing emotion. 

• Upvote 9

I do remember when Jason fell into the orchestra pit and was being rolled terrified into the ER Michelle was leaning over him saying “Self control, Self control”

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 8

39 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Exactly - who do you think has disciplined all those children over the years? Jana is pretty much a mother to the younger children, and I'm pretty sure she has taken on all tasks that comes with parenting - including discipline. I have never considered Jana to be particularly sweet. She's always rubbed me the wrong way with a 'haughtier than thou' attitude. 

19 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Thank you! It drives me nuts when people references the Duggars as keeping sweet. Different cult, guys, haha. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 13

16 hours ago, indianabones said:

I just zoomed in using my fingers inside the Instagram app and took a screenshot. No special app required! ?

I tried that, but the quality was so grainy I couldn’t see anything clearly. I honestly thought the person was flipping her off. ?

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

So much for Jana being the sweet one. I'm just surprised it took this long for her to show her ass.

I’ve been saying for years now that she’s likely not as sweet and gentle as a lot of people seemed to think. Her position as eldest daughter, friendships with Priscilla Waller and Michael Keilen (both married to IBLP staffers and both of whom appear to be pretty committed to their beliefs), and her volunteering at JTTH and (I believe) doing some work for IBLP made me suspicious of her for a while. I’m not surprised it took this long for it to become more obvious though. She didn’t have social media in her own name until very recently and she was always quieter than some of her other siblings on the shows. That made it really easy for people to make all kinds of assumptions about who she was and overlook the possibility that she was likely more committed to her family and beliefs than it might appear. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Jana did not de-sexualize these girls by photoshopping (longer) skirts on them. She's actually sexualizing them by essentially saying that their outfits (shorts or shorter skirts, whatever the case may be) are slutty and need to be covered up. 

I think we're using opposite words for the same thing- fundies do sexualize women's bodies to a ridiculous degree, thighs, shoulders, clavicle, etc. I was using "desexualize" to mean, "to deprive percieved sexual characteristics." Super slut-shamy and inappropriate on Jana's part. 

Even if it wasn't photoshopped, we all know that the way fundies treat women's bodies is both ridiculous and hypocritical. I have to wonder, if it was Jinger standing behind Jana in her little tennis outfit, would Jana have photoshopped that, too?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I do remember when Jason fell into the orchestra pit and was being rolled terrified into the ER Michelle was leaning over him saying “Self control, Self control”

Are you fucking kidding me? I do not remember her saying that!? If that's accurate that really pisses me off. Fuck you Michelle. Fuck you.

Edited by mollysmom
Decided to remove the "violent" part lol
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

It has stuck in my mind clearly. You can definitely hear her saying it leaning over him as  they rolling him in.

I definitely believe it. She's such a fucking nut job. 

Apparently this is very triggering for me lol that sounds so much like the shit my mother used to say. Some situations are scary. You are allowed to be scared & in pain. Why the fuck does she feel the need to say that to him then!? Grrrr. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I have been wondering about all those Jana lovers here since I joined. Especially because at the end of the day she was the one who raised a lot of her siblings to be the Fundies they are today. Her many „talents“, how she probably stays at home to protect her younger siblings/ doesn’t want a quiver of her own- if you read back there is some nice fanfic. 

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Thanks! That is such a pet peeve of mine. 

I am not the one that spots PS, so I will say that only the greyish skirt looks PS to me. If she indeed did ps it’s ridiculous but honestly not as half as bad as being the clean and sweet (and talented) single daughter, whose courtship teasers are one of the biggest storylines for a show that helps selling and funding their believes.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I definitely believe it. She's such a fucking nut job. 

Apparently this is very triggering for me lol that sounds so much like the shit my mother used to say. Some situations are scary. You are allowed to be scared & in pain. Why the fuck does she feel the need to say that to him then!? Grrrr. 

The only possible excuse for this that I can think of is that she was attempting to keep him calm because she didn’t want him going into shock or something like that. Kind of like how she had that really robotic voice when she made the 911 call after Jessa started hemorrhaging with Spurgeon - it was weird, but she was also likely trying to remain calm so as not to scare Benessa more than they might have been already. “Self control” is a really weird term to use for that, but the Duggars are really weird so it’s not completely implausible. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic