IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

It took these most recent pics for me to notice that Jana doesn’t wear a purity ring. I remember Jill having to take hers off when Derrick proposed, but have any of the other girls worn them? I could see Jill going the extra mile of wearing one if none of the others did, but it’s harder for me to imagine that only one of them would have opted out, had they been status quo.

Edited by justodd
Someday, I will leave a comment free from typos. Today was not that day.
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

I’m pretty sure Jana has always worn a purity ring. Here’s a pic from their Waco trip:

95E927A9-D508-4AA2-B3D3-22AFC67D1140.jpeg

Edited by AnnaRuk09
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Jana's projects such as gardening could mean the ring temporarily comes off so as not to lose or damage it, nothing more.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

@AnnaRuk09 I agree they are reaching. But I saw a comment reaching out to her for collaborating on something, I assume a clothing line, so that would be more interesting to watch to see if she grows as a influencer.

Now I want to know how to maintain nuce nails when I garden or maybe just in general.

31 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

. . . .

Now I want to know how to maintain nuce nails when I garden or maybe just in general.

Gel polish!

• I Agree 1

I’ve always thought that her creating an IG was in large part for ministry generating some good $$$. Nearly every single Duggar uses their account for advertising, heck, even Laura now has a promo code for her name.  

Don’t know if this was already discussed elsewhere but thought it was interesting since people are talking. It’s from Jana’s Father’s Day post. It wouldn’t make much sense to state that if something was going on. 

301B7AB6-C72D-4419-AF78-C4B6608C31C4.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:50 AM, Bobology said:

This is great and a nice revelation to me. I had learned this song from my Baptist friend who learned it at her various Baptist camps throughout her youth. Perhaps they were poking fun at the Mormons? Thanks for a quick glimpse back about 50 years.

I know a weenie man
He drives a weenie van
He sells most everything from hotdogs on down (variation... from hotdogs to beer)
Someday I'll be his wife
We'll have the weenie life
Oh, how I love that weenie man

Hmm, she went to camp in the mid- to late-60s... perhaps the Mormons stole it from the Baptists? Which came first, the weenie or the Mormon?

I feel like I learned that somewhere... Probably Girl Scout camp, would have been in the early 90s

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Someone who claims to have known the Bates did an ask me anything on Reddit. In it she says that Janna is afraid to marry because the kids would be neglected if she was not there to take care of them.

Regarding Starbucks near BYU. The original text banned hot beverages. It has been interpreted to be caffeinated beverages. The church has never clarified the rule.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

Someone who claims to have known the Bates did an ask me anything on Reddit. In it she says that Janna is afraid to marry because the kids would be neglected if she was not there to take care of them.

She speculated that was the reason because the younger kids have been neglected. Who knows if that's really what's going on.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Who knows if that's really what's going on.

Jana seems to travel a lot and do her own thing with her friends and sisters.  I think she is just waiting for the right one. May she find him if that is what she wishes.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

On 7/20/2019 at 8:26 PM, DarkAnts said:

Noble Jana never sat right for me. She kind of has it made fundie wise right now. She has as much freedom as a non married SAHD can have without having to birth and raise her own children. Sure, she still has the littles at home but they're old enough now where they don't need to be watched 24/7. She seems perfectly fine swimming in the koolaid with her hobbies. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

On 7/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, DarkAnts said:

Someone who claims to have known the Bates did an ask me anything on Reddit. In it she says that Janna is afraid to marry because the kids would be neglected if she was not there to take care .

The AMA person did say that she didn't know the Duggars. She says Josh and Anna attended their church briefly (I think), but that she didn't know the rest. This was pure speculation on her part.

• Upvote 5

On 7/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, DarkAnts said:

Regarding Starbucks near BYU. The original text banned hot beverages. It has been interpreted to be caffeinated beverages. The church has never clarified the rule.

You'd be surprised how some of the more "basic" Wasatch Valley (SLC to Provo) Y girls can get around the caffeine thing at Starbucks. 

I live in Utah and... yeah....

• Upvote 4

I've always hoped that Jana was purposefully wasting her years of highest fertility and waiting to marry until later so she can have fewer kids. Silly to hope, but there you have it. The Duggars surely have enough money to hire more help at home so St. Michelle doesn't have to actually interact with her youngest children and her young gr-nephew. I also wonder what "choice" morsels men J-B has found that she has turned down. THAT would be truly fascinating. I'd love to read her diary--I imagine something like this:

Josh D  not even if he changes his name

Samuel F.  Note to self: Introduce him to Pecan Theif/TFDW

Josh R   see above Josh

Corey   Corey? And he passed Daddy's test? Really? Update: Ewww saw him. Nope. Not even with lights off.

Aidan Yummy. Ooopsy--he was the UPS guy!

• Haha 2

On 7/20/2019 at 10:28 PM, justmy2cents said:

She speculated that was the reason because the younger kids have been neglected. Who knows if that's really what's going on.

I remember hearing about that reddit, how long ago was it though? I could see her feeling this way back like 6 years ago when she was of typical Duggar daughter marrying age and her sisters were all about to run out the door but these days things have settled down, Jessa, Joy, Anna, Kendra (& Kendra’s sister), and Lauren are all nearby to run the TTH and tend to its masses in her absence. 

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

I remember hearing about that reddit, how long ago was it though? I could see her feeling this way back like 6 years ago when she was of typical Duggar daughter marrying age and her sisters were all about to run out the door but these days things have settled down, Jessa, Joy, Anna, Kendra (& Kendra’s sister), and Lauren are all nearby to run the TTH and tend to its masses in her absence. 

The poster on reddit stated that her relationship with the Bateses ended around the time Erin graduated. I believe she was referring to her homeschooling education, but she could have meant college. So as late as winter/spring of 2013 was the last time she had meaningful contact with the Bateses. 

But yeah, she was also clear that she didn’t know the Duggars well, if at all. Someone asked her about Jana and she answered what her impression of the situation was. I don’t think she ever claimed to know that as fact, but I could be remembering wrong.

Personally, I don’t get the impression that she’s sticking around for her siblings. I get the impression she’s waiting for the right guy to come along and for whatever reason it hasn’t happened. Nothing wrong with that if it’s something she’s ok with. I also get the feeling that she’s far more devout than a lot of people want to think, more so than her younger siblings might be. That’s just a gut feeling though and shouldn’t be taken as fact by anyone. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

I don't know if Jana is waiting for the right guy or staying for the kids. But I believe it's quite common with eldest daughters and only children to stay for various reasons. Middle and youngest kids don't have the pressure to support or stay for kids or money or health or any other reason. There's always someone older around to take on the responsibility. It's just my opinion. Obviously not every family or situation is identical. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, zee_four said:

You'd be surprised how some of the more "basic" Wasatch Valley (SLC to Provo) Y girls can get around the caffeine thing at Starbucks. 

I live in Utah and... yeah....

I grew up in Layton. I attended a few events at BYU as a middle school and high school student. I smuggled caffeinated soda onto campus each time. Simply emptied a caffeine free bottle and fill it with the caffeinated stuff.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

47 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I grew up in Layton. I attended a few events at BYU as a middle school and high school student. I smuggled caffeinated soda onto campus each time. Simply emptied a caffeine free bottle and fill it with the caffeinated stuff.

Love it!! My dad is kanaka (Hawai'ian Polynesian) so all my ohana on his side is LDS. I grew up in Western CO and now live in Spanish Valley (between Moab and Monticello) its like the least LDS part of Utah but still fairly LDS. I work in a bar and explaining Utah's wonky alcohol policy to tourists is sooo fun.... :shifty eyes:

• Upvote 9

I was 34 years old when my dad died. I called him "Daddy" from the time I was old enough to say it right up until the last time I kissed him (his forehead) the day he died. It was even mentioned at his funeral that I would forever and always be his baby girl. Remember, I was 34 years old with 3 kids of my own by then. 

My dad thought the sun rose and set on me. He thought I walked on clouds. I was the baby girl he doted on from the day I was born until he left this earth on 5/1/98. He had a special nickname for me that only he used. It was silly but it was HIS nickname for me. As a grown woman, all I had to say was "Daddy..." and he'd get this HUGE shit-eating grin on his face, open his wallet and tell me to have fun. I'd kill to see that grin again. 

So...those of you creeped out...deal with it. Stop with the bitchiness about some of us still calling our fathers "Daddy" well into adulthood.  There are some of us who'd KILL to be able to say that one more time.

I'll preempt it here...those who wanna down vote...fuck you. 

Edited by feministxtian
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 22

Looks like Jana is visiting Jinger based on their Instagram posts today. Same coffee, same floor.

E1F9EA9C-F7A7-4C25-A702-7BC38B2201C2.png

A715A8A4-ED1D-4880-9834-58D8BAEB7C6F.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Jessa's family is also in LA. On Sunday, Jana posted a pic of her at the merry go round at Griffith Park in LA. On her instastory that day, she included a video of Spurgeon on a horse with Ben standing next to him. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jessa's family is also in LA. On Sunday, Jana posted a pic of her at the merry go round at Griffith Park in LA. On her instastory that day, she included a video of Spurgeon on a horse with Ben standing next to him. 

Ah, didn’t realize that was in LA. Interesting that Jinger didn’t post about their visit. She always seems to post when Jeremy’s family is visiting. Probably a future plot line.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Ah, didn’t realize that was in LA. Interesting that Jinger didn’t post about their visit. She always seems to post when Jeremy’s family is visiting. Probably a future plot line.

Wonder if they’ll edit Jana out and pretend the Seewalds made the trip on their own?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic