IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

On 6/22/2019 at 8:01 PM, nickelodeon said:

Lawson commented on her “miles to Magnolia” post, because regardless of their incompatible personalities, hobbies, and responses to parentification and exploitation, they are united in their bizarre obsession with Chip and Joanna Gaines.

That is more then some of the fundie couples have in common ...

I do think they are just friends and I’m pretty sure Jana can do better but if they ever become a thing I wish they announce when I’m bored and on holidays because that will be the fastest moving thread this forum has seen in a while.  

On 6/23/2019 at 9:41 PM, finnlassie said:

Still can't believe that dude used to play professional football in Finland. It doesn't really require that much skill here.

He was so close to you and Finland is so small.  You might know someone that hooked up with Jeremy. :shock:

Because nothing anyone says will ever convince me that man hasn’t spread some heart pieces around. A good looking American playing professional sports would not have problems with the ladies. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I personally never found Jessa cold towards Jordyn, Jordyn went to her straight after her head was freed from the railing. She was strict with the children putting them to bed for nap time but Jim Bob and Michelle probably told her to be strict. 

Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger were all expected to take care of their siblings, do most of the chores and even do the schooling with them. Jana and Jill seemed happier to be doing it than Jessa and Jinger but I can't fault them for not being enthusiastic about doing the jobs that their parents were supposed to be doing. If Jessa and Jinger were not fundie teens they probably would have been the more rebellious teens that would have gotten into trouble more than Jana and Jill.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

He was so close to you and Finland is so small.  You might know someone that hooked up with Jeremy. :shock:

Because nothing anyone says will ever convince me that man hasn’t spread some heart pieces around. A good looking American playing professional sports would not have problems with the ladies. 

I mean, Finland isn't that small, he lived like a good 6 hour ride away from the capital. But, alas, I have good connections to Oulu and I can bet that with a bit of asking, someone will say yeah, made out with that hot mericano there. I mean, hell, some might be watching Counting On (thank you TLC for being in Finland now) realising..."hey... I boned this fundie dude!!!"

• Haha 21

2 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I mean, Finland isn't that small, he lived like a good 6 hour ride away from the capital. But, alas, I have good connections to Oulu and I can bet that with a bit of asking, someone will say yeah, made out with that hot mericano there. I mean, hell, some might be watching Counting On (thank you TLC for being in Finland now) realising..."hey... I boned this fundie dude!!!"

The whole world is small. My husband said Australia was big when my Masterchef obsessed friend asked if he knew someone that had been on. Next season: ”Hey I know that dude.” ?

• Haha 23

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

The whole world is small. My husband said Australia was big when my Masterchef obsessed friend asked if he knew someone that had been on. Next season: ”Hey I know that dude.” ? 

Oooh yeah, an acquaintance's daughter was on a working holiday in Australia a good years back. She worked at a smaller town close to Melbourne I think, and a lad in his late 70s came to talk to her. When the man found out she's Finnish, he did the basic "Ha, well I wonder if you know my friend then!" and she chuckled, said yeah probably not, it's a widespread country... the man tries anyway and boom. The person he mentioned was the girl's grandpa's cousin of all people, lived in the same tiny village all her life. :highfive:

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

21 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Oh goodness, I lived in Oulu for a while. No definitely had nothing to do with any fundy dude (though I was talked at by some american mormon missionaries, which was just bizarre and I was not expecting)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, medimus said:

Oh goodness, I lived in Oulu for a while. No definitely had nothing to do with any fundy dude (though I was talked at by some american mormon missionaries, which was just bizarre and I was not expecting)

I spent my teen years in Espoo, they built the LDS temple there when I was in 8th grade I think (I almost went to check it out before it was blessed and closed to the public, much regretti). The flirt game the missionaries had was strong. They really knew how to get attention of girls between 16 and 20, and to be fair, those guys were really good looking dudes. I have so many memories of high school girls giggling with the guys on the bus, me being one of them, though they usually chatted me up when I was waiting somewhere. Good pure fun! :my_angel: The best looking were missionaries when I was 17 and 18 so uh I might've grown a slight interest towards the LDS church then cus jfc all the missionary lads were so fucking hot. I also had my strongest modest fashion and purity promise game back then, I've honestly always been prime meat for all sorts of fundie cults. Most modest fashion blogs were by young adult mormons, who were often young wives and mothers, something I idolised. I'm still extremely family oriented, but my home life was a mess and I latched on a lot of things that emphasised holy family stuff.

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 11

20 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

I spent my teen years in Espoo, they built the LDS temple there when I was in 8th grade I think (I almost went to check it out before it was blessed and closed to the public, much regretti). The flirt game the missionaries had was strong. They really knew how to get attention of girls between 16 and 20, and to be fair, those guys were really good looking dudes. I have so many memories of high school girls giggling with the guys on the bus, me being one of them, though they usually chatted me up when I was waiting somewhere. Good pure fun! :my_angel: The best looking were missionaries when I was 17 and 18 so uh I might've grown a slight interest towards the LDS church then cus jfc all the missionary lads were so fucking hot. I also had my strongest modest fashion and purity promise game back then, I've honestly always been prime meat for all sorts of fundie cults. Most modest fashion blogs were by young adult mormons, who were often young wives and mothers, something I idolised. I'm still extremely family oriented, but my home life was a mess and I latched on a lot of things that emphasised holy family stuff.

This is really interesting. I had no idea there were mormons in Finland (I wasn't there for very long and am not at all religious).

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

In the internet’s infancy, I befriended two women from Australia in two different activities. One was interested in ethnic things here in the USA.  The other, I think, was about parenting. 

They were both mildly interested to find out that they worked for the same huge corporation. In Sydney. Where the corporation had about 10,000 employees working from 6 or 7 different buildings.

Ta-da: Their cubicles were directly above/below the other, like 17th floor & 18th floor. 

Over the years, I lost track of both. I wonder if the two of them are still in touch! 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, medimus said:

This is really interesting. I had no idea there were mormons in Finland (I wasn't there for very long and am not at all religious).

They're definitely a marginal group, but have become more visible now that Finland has the second temple in all of Europe. Before that, all European mormons had to travel to Switzerland for their temple wedding, but now it's a tad easier or them. I lived in a small town, where my uni is, and they had a small mormon congregation (and missionaries, now at 25+ it was fun to watch them, since they're just so young, knowing back when I was 17 I would've been totally smitten, now it's just "haha smol mormon babies").

Basically, everyone hates the temple. Partially due to mormons, but also because it's just really fugly. It's built on a freaking field, it's this huge American style marble blob that just does not fit Finnish scenery. The temple is topped with a copper dunce hat. Afaik they've renewed it or polished it at least 2 times in the past 10 years, mormons have dat tithing money. It's also funny that it's called the Helsinki temple, when it isn't even in Helsinki...

They also have a "hotel" in the back for visiting mormon families, but afaik it's actually meant for families that have a higher status in the congregation or the couples attending their temple wedding. Surprise, much?
1200px-Helsinki_Finland_Temple-cropped.J

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, finnlassie said:

They're definitely a marginal group, but have become more visible now that Finland has the second temple in all of Europe. Before that, all European mormons had to travel to Switzerland for their temple wedding, but now it's a tad easier or them. I lived in a small town, where my uni is, and they had a small mormon congregation (and missionaries, now at 25+ it was fun to watch them, since they're just so young, knowing back when I was 17 I would've been totally smitten, now it's just "haha smol mormon babies").

Basically, everyone hates the temple. Partially due to mormons, but also because it's just really fugly. It's built on a freaking field, it's this huge American style marble blob that just does not fit Finnish scenery. The temple is topped with a copper dunce hat. Afaik they've renewed it or polished it at least 2 times in the past 10 years, mormons have dat tithing money. It's also funny that it's called the Helsinki temple, when it isn't even in Helsinki...

They also have a "hotel" in the back for visiting mormon families, but afaik it's actually meant for families that have a higher status in the congregation or the couples attending their temple wedding. Surprise, much?
1200px-Helsinki_Finland_Temple-cropped.J

O Temptation!  Starbucks opening a store near BYU campus.  BYU tells it's students not to drink tea or coffee. LMAO https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/business/starbucks-provo-location/index.html

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

O Temptation!  Starbucks opening a store near BYU campus.  BYU tells it's students not to drink tea or coffee. LMAO https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/business/starbucks-provo-location/index.html

Seems like a mountain out of a molehill, herbal tea, hot chocolate, juice, water, snacks etc are all free reign. I have a super low caffeine tolerance and still worship at the Starbucks altar. 

@finnlassie I totally understand the latching on to family stuff, these religions make everything look so frigging perfect. Coming from a fairly unstable home it looked like paradise. 

Also as for the Male missionaries the church knows how they look haha

These are lyrics from an actual girls camp song. (Or so says the internet and my shameful viewing of once I was a beehive) 

"I know a Mormon boy
He is my pride and joy
He knows most everything from Alma on down
Someday I'll be his wife
We'll have eternal life
Oh, how I love that Mormon boy

I am a Mormon girl
I wear my hair in curls
I wear my skirts way down to my knees
I wear my daddy's shirts
I am the biggest flirt

M-O-R-E-M-E-N
More men, more men, sing it again!"

Edited by LacyMay
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

There are Mormons in the country I live in. I don’t know how they think they’re going to convert anyone because they don’t speak Romanian or Russian. Anyone whose English skills are good enough to converse about religion has almost certainly left the country for better opportunities in Western Europe. 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, TheRadleyPorch said:

@Rik_Bik curious why you can’t just say Moldova? 

A quirk in how I talk. I tend not to refer to specific things by name, particularly people and places. Also I don’t want look like I’m “bragging” or anything by saying I live in Moldova. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, LacyMay said:

These are lyrics from an actual girls camp song. (Or so says the internet and my shameful viewing of once I was a beehive) 

"I know a Mormon boy
He is my pride and joy
Someday I'll be his wife
We'll have eternal life

I am a Mormon girl
I wear my hair in curls
I wear my daddy's shirts
I am the biggest flirt

M-O-R-E-M-E-N

This is great and a nice revelation to me. I had learned this song from my Baptist friend who learned it at her various Baptist camps throughout her youth. Perhaps they were poking fun at the Mormons? Thanks for a quick glimpse back about 50 years.

I know a weenie man
He drives a weenie van
He sells most everything from hotdogs on down (variation... from hotdogs to beer)
Someday I'll be his wife
We'll have the weenie life
Oh, how I love that weenie man

Hmm, she went to camp in the mid- to late-60s... perhaps the Mormons stole it from the Baptists? Which came first, the weenie or the Mormon?

Edited by Bobology
clarification
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Which came first, the weenie or the Mormon?

Hm. Anyone lead their kids in this little dittie, maybe at VBS or camp?

Do your ears hang low? Do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie 'em in a knot? Can you tie 'em in a bow? ...

Welllll... turns out that's a soldier marching "jody" and it's not about "ears" :D (accounts vary, but it may date back to Civil or even Revolutionary War days). Someone along the way must have sanitized it. Learning this suddenly answered something that always puzzled me... why would ears hang low? How could you tie ears in a knot or a bow?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Hm. Anyone lead their kids in this little dittie, maybe at VBS or camp?

Welllll... turns out that's a soldier marching "jody" and it's not about "ears" :D (accounts vary, but it may date back to Civil or even Revolutionary War days). Someone along the way must have sanitized it. Learning this suddenly answered something that always puzzled me... why would ears hang low? How could you tie ears in a knot or a bow?

Seven year old me thought it was a rabbit’s song because a lop eared rabbit has ears that hang down. Adult me just thought it was weird. I love it when one of those little mysteries is solved. Thank you @Antipatriarch

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA. Maybe it's meant for the extremely rare non-Mormon students at BYU? Surely there must be this one lost non-mormon that's like... y'all, what's wrong with a lil lil caffeine? also why am I here?

Apparently, on top of this in general all hot drinks are forbidden for mormons. Learnt this through Oh No Ross & Carrie, recently started listening to their podcast and it's awesome. I first gorged their scientology saga before going back in time for the LDS episodes.

15 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Seems like a mountain out of a molehill, herbal tea, hot chocolate, juice, water, snacks etc are all free reign. I have a super low caffeine tolerance and still worship at the Starbucks altar. 

@finnlassie I totally understand the latching on to family stuff, these religions make everything look so frigging perfect. Coming from a fairly unstable home it looked like paradise. 

Also as for the Male missionaries the church knows how they look haha

"I know a Mormon boy
He is my pride and joy
Someday I'll be his wife
We'll have eternal life

I am a Mormon girl
I wear my hair in curls
I wear my daddy's shirts
I am the biggest flirt

M-O-R-E-M-E-N

I think my macabre interest in cults and serial killers has always snapped me out of "READY FOR THIS FUNDIE BUSINESS :))" mode when needed. Not that I recognise that oh I'm being dragged into a cult, but it's more of a .... oh I don't think I'd be allowed to follow true crime stuff while doing my wifely duties, sigh, better forget yet another strictly closed up religious community with hot dudes...

Yup, they definitely do have veeeery attractive elders and sisters floating about. Not all of them have been the hachi machi mama woo, but I've ALWAYS had a thing for this classic American "guy next door" look and boy do those mormons have that.

PFffT that song, I really want to whip up a fundie version but I think I'd just fry my brain.

13 hours ago, Rik_Bik said:

There are Mormons in the country I live in. I don’t know how they think they’re going to convert anyone because they don’t speak Romanian or Russian. Anyone whose English skills are good enough to converse about religion has almost certainly left the country for better opportunities in Western Europe. 

Huh, well, the missionaries are required to learn the local language. :think:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, finnlassie said:

PFffT that song, I really want to whip up a fundie version but I think I'd just fry my brain.

I know a fundie boy
He treats me like a toy
He knows everything his fundie mom has taught him on down
Someday I'll be his wife
And pregnant with new life
Oh, my dad approves of that fundie boy

I am a fundie girl
Trained up by Michael Pearl
I wear frumpers and my swimwear will not make you say Nike
I wash ten children’s clothes 
That’s just how our life goes  

Oh, my dad approves of that fundie boy

I wonder if soup is classified as a hot drink or “food” and therefore ok ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15

You will pry my hot caramel apple spice out of my cold dead hands, especially if I have a sore throat or if it's a really cold, damp, miserable day.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Jana IG update - having coffee with Jessa in a pretty dress and also featured on Duggar Fam in the same dress.  Tumblr is speculating because how does a French manicure go with gardening?

50 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Jana IG update - having coffee with Jessa in a pretty dress and also featured on Duggar Fam in the same dress.  Tumblr is speculating because how does a French manicure go with gardening?

Gardening gloves.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Gardening gloves.

I know but Tumblr is still talking...

As for me I need the good gardening gloves. I try to use the cheap ones, nope, nope, nope. Of course I'm so messy I need painting gloves too...

• Upvote 3

Flew to tumblr land to see what the commotion is all about. I think they’re reaching. It seems like they always think something is going on with Jana lol. I looked back at her posts and she already had her nails done when they were in Magnolia. I don’t get why it would be significant though. 

Jana frequently advertises stuff on her account, either directly or indirectly. Since she started posting, her pics often come across as being “setup”. They’re good pics, they just don’t look “real”. I don’t see how her most recent pic is a departure from all that. @WiseGirl I don’t get why people are talking about her being featured on the 2 accounts? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic