IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

She's trying to have something to say, to show approved interests in order to be on social media like her sisters and friends.

Heck, I doubt I'll have a public social media account until I have kids, or never, because anything else I'd have to say would be about politics and I'm not about drama.

Edited by raspberrymint
Social media is unnecessary
  • Upvote 1

She’s made 2 trips. One with the Seewalds late July and one part of a road trip which included the whole family...

She chose to stay there while the rest went to the Big Sandy conference. She also made several trips while the Vuolos lived down in Laredo. 

Edited by AnnaRuk09
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

So I went to her Instagram and there was a picture of her with a child. Pretty proud of myself that I didn't recognize the baby or her sister, Jinger,  in the next photo. Like The Howlers everyone is starting to look the same to me.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

So I went to her Instagram and there was a picture of her with a child. Pretty proud of myself that I didn't recognize the baby or her sister, Jinger,  in the next photo. Like The Howlers everyone is starting to look the same to me.

If it not for Jinger’s presence, I would not have recognized the baby. Felicity is usually perfectly coiffed in photos, and those photos look like she just woke up.  No bow, no know, ?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If it not for Jinger’s presence, I would not have recognized the baby. Felicity is usually perfectly coiffed in photos, and those photos look like she just woke up.  No bow, no know, ?

My BEC comment of the day is that when I saw that picture I wondered if Jana and Jinger were feuding. Because Jana posting a really unflattering picture of the image obsessed Jinger and her bow-less daughter with a weird brown filter applied seems like it would be the gauntlet to throw down in that battle. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

My BEC comment of the day is that when I saw that picture I wondered if Jana and Jinger were feuding. Because Jana posting a really unflattering picture of the image obsessed Jinger and her bow-less daughter with a weird brown filter applied seems like it would be the gauntlet to throw down in that battle. 

That filter was a WEIRD choice. Combined with Felicity’s sad/confused face, the poor baby looked a bit like a waif from a Dickens novel. 

Edited by princessmahina
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

So per Jana’s IG, Jana’s leaving on a jet plane, and can’t wait to get home again. Is Laura still with her, and if not, who’s her accountability buddy? Is Jana allowed to fly unchaperoned? 

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So per Jana’s IG, Jana’s leaving on a jet plane, and can’t wait to get home again. Is Laura still with her, and if not, who’s her accountability buddy? Is Jana allowed to fly unchaperoned? 

We know Joy did before she was even in a courtship (when she flew to TX alone to help with Jinger’s move and was even ~gasp~ alone with Jeremy at the airport for a little while), so I wouldn’t be surprised if Jana is allowed to as well. I’m pretty sure Laura is back home in Indiana based on her ig. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

She had to have flown alone since Laura is in her hometown. She’s done it before, when she went to Atlanta earlier this year I believe. And remember that time on 19KaC when Jana flew alone to Michigan for a journey? That must have been like 10 yrs. ago. 

• Thank You 4

After watching tonight’s episode, I saw just how wise Jana is. She knows that marriage isn’t everything and she’s keeping such a positive attitude with everything she’s doing. She seems to have a great head on her shoulders.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Removed Tapa signature
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, c_star916 said:

After watching tonight’s episode, I saw just how wise Jana is. She knows that marriage isn’t everything and she’s keeping such a positive attitude with everything she’s doing. She seems to have a great head on her shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t watch, but I have a question. Does Jana seem lonely? I just wonder if she has any local, single friends? It has to be hard when in the span of 5 years (24-29), all of your close aged siblings, many of them sisters and your BBFs, marry and move away. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 10/23/2019 at 4:21 PM, SassyPants said:
I didn’t watch, but I have a question. Does Jana seem lonely? I just wonder if she has any local, single friends? It has to be hard when in the span of 5 years (24-29), all of your close aged siblings, many of them sisters and your BBFs, marry and move away. 

They only showed her talking to the camera, so I can’t say for sure. She probably is (I can’t imagine how she wouldn’t be, with everyone leaving), but didn’t present herself as being lonely in the few clips we got to see of her.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Removed Tapa signature
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I know I’m a page late, but there’s actually a lot out there about the pioneer woman’s less than great history on race (and stolen....everything) 

https://web.archive.org/web/20150206115107/http://www.thepioneerwomansux.com/first-time/links/ 

https://www.eater.com/2017/3/7/14846788/pioneer-woman-racist-asian-hot-wings 

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending-now/government-pays-the-pioneer-woman-2-million-a-year-to-use-her-massive-estate/648098835 

Basically they’re stupid rich off land their grandparents stole from Native Americans and her recipes come from Oklahoma church cookbooks she picked up at goodwill. 

• Thank You 6

12 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I know I’m a page late, but there’s actually a lot out there about the pioneer woman’s less than great history on race (and stolen....everything) 

https://web.archive.org/web/20150206115107/http://www.thepioneerwomansux.com/first-time/links/ 

https://www.eater.com/2017/3/7/14846788/pioneer-woman-racist-asian-hot-wings 

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending-now/government-pays-the-pioneer-woman-2-million-a-year-to-use-her-massive-estate/648098835 

Basically they’re stupid rich off land their grandparents stole from Native Americans and her recipes come from Oklahoma church cookbooks she picked up at goodwill. 

Is this family involved in the Osage Indian Killings?

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is this family involved in the Osage Indian Killings?

I’m trying to find the blog post where she talked about the Native American men coming to the house and being run off by the white guys with guns but I know it was deleted years ago. The pioneer woman sux cache has most of the information, it’s just hard to search now ? 

ETA found this gem https://web.archive.org/web/20120830052429/http://www.thepioneerwomansux.com/2011/02/a-different-perspective

Edited by purple_summer
  • Thank You 5

24 minutes ago, Tom Slick said:

A direct quote from the article: “You have to sometimes talk to someone, get to know someone and realize, you know what, it doesn’t have to end in marriage.”

I think Jana needs to talk to her parents about their “Courtship model.” Doesn’t that mean dating and giving away pieces of your heart?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Well, she answered everyone’s question regarding her being in “courtships” comment from April. She clarified how she’s never been in an actual courtship but has had different people ask her out and according to her, none have ever worked out. Nothing really new. Certainly something that’s always been assumed here on FJ. 

I think Jed said in the episode that they need to get good guys for his sisters and Jana. Does this imply that all the suitors have been sub par or not meeting her level of convictions/faith/expectations? I guess I can see that. Jana seems to be happy and she does get to travel a lot. I don’t think there’s some crazy conspiracy behind her being single for so long. She seems to be the picky type, which isn’t bad. Just hasn’t found the person to spend her life with. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

After shit hit the (thankfully only proverbial) fan with Derick, I could well imagine JB is even stricter with vetting possible spouses for his children. Having someone go off the rails like DD on Twitter and decide to stop being part of the show isn’t good for the brand.  Jeremy is another son-in-law who doesn’t seem to give a shit about the Duggars’ opinions anymore. He’s a conservative Christian, mind, but he doesn’t seem to kiss up to JB as he probably hoped Jeremy would. 

We’re speculating on the Dillard thread, and while there’s no “official” confirmation Derick and JB are feuding, all indications point to some kind of trouble. If we are indeed right, I’m 100% sure JB and Mullet want to prevent something similar from happening next time one of their children ties the knot. Hence, they possibly want more control during the (pre-)courting period. 

Lastly, I don’t know how serious JB takes the skirts-only rule for his daughter’s. I’ve gotten the impression that’s primarily Michelle’s conviction, now Jill and Jinger are in pants. 

So... who knows about Jana’s prospects, her wishes and actual situation. I’m sure she could find someone to marry if she wanted to, but I’m not convinced her pool of options is tempting. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Right, I don’t think it’s outrageous that a 29-year-old just hasn’t met someone she’s really serious about yet. It’s not like she has the luxury of trying out a serious relationship and then breaking up a year or two down the line. Even putting that aside, plenty of people just happen to be single for a long time. It could be a combination of personality, circumstances, any number of things, but sometimes it just really comes down to chance.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I do think where my eyeballs pop is the whole "supervised" courtship nonsense. At some point either you trust your children to make wise decisions or you don't. It's painfully obvious Michelle and Jim Bob don't trust their children. Given the sheer number of children Michelle and Jim-Bob have, it's almost inivitable one of these children will rebel against Michelle and Jim Bob in ways more boat rocking than pants. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I do think where my eyeballs pop is the whole "supervised" courtship nonsense. At some point either you trust your children to make wise decisions or you don't. It's painfully obvious Michelle and Jim Bob don't trust their children. Given the sheer number of children Michelle and Jim-Bob have, it's almost inivitable one of these children will rebel against Michelle and Jim Bob in ways more boat rocking than pants. 

Jana has probably proven herself trustworthy, especially given that she is 29.  I imagine the younger guys and gals (teens and early 20s) in courtships might not have been so trustworthy if they were unsupervised.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Absolutely agree, there doesn’t seem to be a healthy level of trust at all. A big factor is patriarchy/fundamentalism and the cultish lives the Duggars lead. However, another aspect is Josh's molestation I’m sure. That must have impacted all family members very negatively. I’m not sure how different the Duggars would live today, had Josh not molested five girls (and by that I mean in terms of mutual trust within them family, I don’t refer to how they Puls live had they not lost  19 kids and counting and gone through the public scandal) but I’m quite certain the family dynamics would be a tiny bit healthier. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

this family involved in the Osage Indian Killings?

I have always wondered that especially after reading Killers of the Flower Moon.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic