IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

I find that old very stained folding chair an odd choice for the desk nook photos. I would have removed the chair before using that one.

Those skirts were definitely photoshoped. Scalloped edged skirts are not that common and you can see the unblended tool marks. The girl in the background looks like she is just taking a photo.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I am so tired of seeing those "choose joy" and "speak life" signs in fundie homes/on fundie IG pages.

Oh and I believe Kristen Nicole Young loves the "spread kindness like wildflowers" one as well. Hypocrites. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

It’s not symmetrical to the wall piece and if you zoom in they covered electric sockets. But mostly it just bothers me cuz it’s off to the side. 

16 hours ago, divadivine said:

The “desk” is in Boob & Dairy Queen’s room. 

oh that makes more sense 

16 hours ago, Dutch_girl said:

The caption suggests it's in her parents room

ah i should check first instead of letting my ick factor take over

4 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

It’s not symmetrical to the wall piece and if you zoom in they covered electric sockets. But mostly it just bothers me cuz it’s off to the side. 

Now that I look more closely it bothers me because it is just for show...

If you were really going to use that (practically), the hanging would be hung a lot lower so that you could reach all the things in the rack from a seated position. 

I get she may have kids in her room, and that some adults like to colour in, but Michelle does not strike me as an adult colouring book kind of person, so why the colouring pencils?  I just don't get the "lets put in shit for appearances" just to make the picture look nice when it is never going to be used. 

• Upvote 5

If she marries at all it will be in her 30s and she might have a max of 4 kids. Other wise she will continue to live in big house with JB and Michelle relatively free to travel and indulge approved hobbies when not hosting family events.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Her mom had 11 kids from ages 30 - 42.  Female fraternal twins have a greater chance of multiple pregnancies (pregnancies with twins or more).  Jana could still have a big family if she wanted to.  My question is more what do you think will happen if you had to guess, what type of future would you place your bet on.

Edited by raspberrymint
clarity
  • Upvote 3

I'm guessing Jana will care for whoever needs her help. She'll probably stay with Jim Bob and Michelle, but I can see her leaving if someone has a laundry room breakdown.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

I think Jana is equally afraid of leaving this lifestyle AND perpetuating it. She’s seen the damage it can do, but also can’t break free (think “abused wife”).

I think the only “escape” she can conceive of, even if it’s subconscious, is avoiding marriage until mid-late 30s, when she won’t have more than half a dozen kids (which is still a lot, but no where near 19, and still “manageable”).

In ten years, she’ll be married with 3-6 kids

Edited by monkeyrocks71
  • Upvote 7

I think Jana is really no different than her sisters and hasn't met the right guy yet. Either because JB is withholding any good options for personal gain or she is just too focused on "Prince Charming" because Im sure it's not lack of boys interested, she's pretty, seemingly mild mannered, from a well known family, etc.  ... in 10 years i think she will be married and I actually suspect she will be way more indoctrinated and pretentious that we expect. Between her circle of friends, her work with JTTH, photoshopping skirts on Nike women in the background of pictures, and the little that she does seem to say makes me think she has a lot she's not shown us. I think between her sweet demeanor, pretty face, actually having hobbies, and not saying much she is a little bit of a blank slate and we are able to project what we want on her and she's gotten a better rap than the other girls. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

On 8/23/2019 at 6:16 AM, Timetraveler said:

Two things:

Is Mack wearing pants?

This is when Smugger was working in DC right? I swear I recognize the grocery store. I looks like the one near my old office 

I think Jana is living the good life right now. She can do what she wants when she wants.  

Honestly, I will be surprised if she ever gets married.  Jana has been raising kids since she was 8 years.  She has financial freedom.  She has minimal demands on her. 

What on earth is a husband going to add to her life besides a bunch of chores and a husband telling her what to do?  I could see her staying single, living in the big house, and doing her own thing.  

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

I think Jana is equally afraid of leaving this lifestyle AND perpetuating it. She’s seen the damage it can do, but also can’t break free (think “abused wife”).

I think the only “escape” she can conceive of, even if it’s subconscious, is avoiding marriage until mid-late 30s, when she won’t have more than half a dozen kids (which is still a lot, but no where near 19, and still “manageable”).

I think I agree.  She seems very nonconfrontational.

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I think Jana is really no different than her sisters and hasn't met the right guy yet. Either because JB is withholding any good options for personal gain or she is just too focused on "Prince Charming" because Im sure it's not lack of boys interested, she's pretty, seemingly mild mannered, from a well known family, etc.  ... in 10 years i think she will be married and I actually suspect she will be way more indoctrinated and pretentious that we expect. Between her circle of friends, her work with JTTH, photoshopping skirts on Nike women in the background of pictures, and the little that she does seem to say makes me think she has a lot she's not shown us. I think between her sweet demeanor, pretty face, actually having hobbies, and not saying much she is a little bit of a blank slate and we are able to project what we want on her and she's gotten a better rap than the other girls. 

I also think this is likely, although do women still pine for Prince Charming when pushing 30 and friends with other couples?  Eh, maybe some do.  I have a 31 year old ex friend who posts memes saying that God hasn't shown her The One yet because "maybe she's ugly", when she isn't focused on personal gain.

3 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I think Jana is living the good life right now. She can do what she wants when she wants.  

Honestly, I will be surprised if she ever gets married.  Jana has been raising kids since she was 8 years.  She has financial freedom.  She has minimal demands on her. 

What on earth is a husband going to add to her life besides a bunch of chores and a husband telling her what to do?  I could see her staying single, living in the big house, and doing her own thing.  

And I also agree with this.  She seems happier than when her adult sisters were flying the nest and leaving her.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

A husband and children are the only way for her to fulfill her one true purpose. Everything else is just second best. Don’t forget this woman was raised to believe that this is her calling. That this is what God/Jesus want for her. She has never shown any indication that she doesn’t believe/want this. She might not be courting but in her talking heads she has expressed the wish to find love/a husband. 

While I think there might be men asking to court her, we have never heard about any of them. Neither the Duggars nor the refused guys have said a word. Maybe she isn’t as interesting for men in her circle as she seems to be quite headstrong and bossy sometimes. She runs a tight ship at home. Or maybe she is actually not a pleasant person to be around in real life? Or incredibly shy? Who knows. Or maybe she is lucky and her parents don’t sell her off (à la Tabitha Paine) because there are still young children she has to care for.

And we have no idea how free she is financially. I doubt that she has an account solely in her name without her father’s oversight.

I have no reason to believe anything else than that she wants her own headship and babies.

• Upvote 13

17 hours ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

I think you’re giving Jana far too much credit. Getting married and having children are her number one goal, and she’s never said anything to contradict that. I think she genuinely just hasn’t met the right person yet. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

At this rate Jana's going to have a hard time finding Prince Charming. In the normal world being a girl of 30 is not a big deal when it comes to finding a partner. In fundie land Jana might as well be 65. All the men her age are likely married and if they aren't....I think the biggest question is what's wrong with them that they haven't been married off yet? I'm curious to know what kind of guys have been sniffing around. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

They have want or at least not mind being in the Duggar family media circus even part of the time and The daughters won’t want a man who actually has a regular job and works away from home so that rules out a plenty of men. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, LillyP said:

At this rate Jana's going to have a hard time finding Prince Charming. In the normal world being a girl of 30 is not a big deal when it comes to finding a partner. In fundie land Jana might as well be 65. All the men her age are likely married and if they aren't....I think the biggest question is what's wrong with them that they haven't been married off yet? I'm curious to know what kind of guys have been sniffing around. 

This reminds me of a saying I've heard about Alaska. "Come to Alaska, where the odds are good, but the goods are odd."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

This reminds me of a saying I've heard about Alaska. "Come to Alaska, where the odds are good, but the goods are odd."

My kind of odds.  My wife wants to move to Alaska.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I have always been intrigued by Alaska. Always. I'd love to visit there someday.

I’m about two hours from Alaska and it’s worth a trip! We go for ice cream and Thai food but it’s also beautiful and has great hiking (among other things)!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, viii said:

I think you’re giving Jana far too much credit. Getting married and having children are her number one goal, and she’s never said anything to contradict that. I think she genuinely just hasn’t met the right person yet. 

I agree, Jana has never been my pet fundie. I get a very koolaid soaked vibe from her I think she may be one of the most legalistic ones. I could see her with someone like Michaela bates Husband 

5 hours ago, LillyP said:

Well she could technically find someone like Jeremy which age wise would've fit Jana more than Jinger technically* BUT I think she will want someone raised in the cult too. I'm not sure what the fundie courting scene is like for late 20's early 30's 

*not that age really matters just that they were closer in age IIRC

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I have always been intrigued by Alaska. Always. I'd love to visit there someday.

Me too. It such a cool place. 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic