IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

21 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The only possible excuse for this that I can think of is that she was attempting to keep him calm because she didn’t want him going into shock or something like that. Kind of like how she had that really robotic voice when she made the 911 call after Jessa started hemorrhaging with Spurgeon - it was weird, but she was also likely trying to remain calm so as not to scare Benessa more than they might have been already. “Self control” is a really weird term to use for that, but the Duggars are really weird so it’s not completely implausible. 

Self-control is one of the Biblical characteristics taught by IBLP. So, I’m sure the Dairy Queen covered it at the SOTDRT.  

Bankruptcy... repeat after me, boys and girls.... lol  

• Upvote 9

Soooo, I have too much time on my hands and rewatched the episode. I could never clearly hear Michelle telling Jason “self-control.” There was one time when he got to the hospital and crying and you can’t quite hear what she is saying, but she follows it up by telling him very calmly what the doctor needed to do (pull down his lip just once) and in a way that wasn’t mean but was certainly meant to be comforting and talking about how tough he was and how he was a trooper. 

However, there were other things to snark on, like Jessa needing to get all the boys ready and Michelle calling her strict and a “drill sergeant” in a positive way. 

We could also note how she would have maybe been more sensitive if a girl has been injured and wouldn’t have used terms like “trooper” or talking about how tough he was. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

36 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Self-control is one of the Biblical characteristics taught by IBLP. So, I’m sure the Dairy Queen covered it at the SOTDRT.  

Bankruptcy... repeat after me, boys and girls.... lol  

And instant obedience ala Anna Duggar

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 2

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I heard it about the time she was walking with stretcher and giving that smile the camera.

Maybe they edited it, but you cannot head her say anything at that time as far as I can tell. They put a Jackson/one of the lost girls (Johanna?) talking head over it. Michelle’s smile for the camera was uber creepy though. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

FIW, That “Keeping sweet” phrase has Never been used by the Duggars in my recollection But a term coined by Rulon Jeff’s from FLDS.

https://flds101.blogspot.com/2008/05/flds-101-keep-sweet.html?m=1

But no. The Duggar girls are not even particularly kind much less sweet. They have been shown kinda rude and snotty to each other at least if you want to be real. But Which teenage sisters aren’t frequently? 

Wasn't it embossed on one of the girl's bedheads.........????????? I know they had their names on it so maybe the foot of it?

Or am I thinking of an escaping polygamy ep?

I was sure it was a duggar

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

And instant obedience ala Anna Duggar

And joy in the ep where the little kids were practicing for a play 

22 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Wasn't it embossed on one of the girl's bedheads.........????????? I know they had their names on it so maybe the foot of it?

Or am I thinking of an escaping polygamy ep?

I was sure it was a duggar

And joy in the ep where the little kids were practicing for a play 

And blanket training.... instant obedience. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, divadivine said:

And blanket training.... instant obedience. 

Oh yes that is what she said! something along the line of "instantly obey"! I was like wooooahhhhh when she said it and taken aback. The Bossy side of me was like, wow wouldn't that be good in a kid. The human side of me was just sad.

Now I have a threenager I love her for all her challenges and I don't want a robot that is fearful to not instantly obey. I love that she pushes boundaries, I am her safe space to do that. I just wish she didn't do it when I am tired and cranky and want to rest after work lol. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

Instant obedience was engrained in us as children. I always struggled with it, but my friend was amazing at it. Her dad would call her name and she would go running, saying “coming dad, right away dad”. Was jealous of how easily she could do it as a kid, feel sad now. 

Don't get me started on blanket training. I was a “mat rat” for years. 

• Sad 19
  • Love 1

Anybody else notice the social media blitz currently going on? I saw all the Duggar posts coming across my IG feed and it made me wonder why all of sudden are they all posting stuff. The camper home, the horse ride, the cute ivy pics, the sex advice, the rehab project, etc... so many posts in such a short time and then I saw the news story about the Jana thing about the grape festival and I went "oh, now I see." Although I think the jana thing is a complete non-story that makes me wonder "who the heck even cares?" I do notice the attempt at distraction. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

And self control, for all the Duggars’ talk, Josh certainly never learned those things.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

The fact that she said she would make "a quick trip to the store" with three little ones just stressed me out. I stopped listening after that ?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/21/2019 at 2:55 PM, VelociRapture said:

The only possible excuse for this that I can think of is that she was attempting to keep him calm because she didn’t want him going into shock or something like that. Kind of like how she had that really robotic voice when she made the 911 call after Jessa started hemorrhaging with Spurgeon - it was weird, but she was also likely trying to remain calm so as not to scare Benessa more than they might have been already. “Self control” is a really weird term to use for that, but the Duggars are really weird so it’s not completely implausible. 

Yea, I could see that. Especially if she was worried about him  panicking and flailing about, which is the last thing you want with possible broken bones.

one of my kids broke an arm as a little kid and was also super claustrophobic- so the whole restraint part was super fun. 

And, as detached as Michelle is, with THAT many kids, you would probably have learned to be extra calm and matter of fact when dealing with injuries.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 3

I was just wondering, could the school building be a normal house for the next kid plus teen beide that gets married? (Wonder who though)

On 8/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, tabitha2 said:

They must have edited it out. Because it has stuck In my mind for years.

I recorded these when they initially aired. I will have to search and see if I have the original edit.

• Thank You 3

On 8/23/2019 at 5:16 AM, Timetraveler said:

Well that ramped up my anxiety about Thanksgiving. It was already high with the extended family starting to plan for the day.

• Sad 1

The Caldwell’s church just moved to a ‘new temp location’.  Could their permanent home be a Duggar special?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 8/25/2019 at 11:22 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

The Caldwell’s church just moved to a ‘new temp location’.  Could their permanent home be a Duggar special?

I may have missed something but could it be the school house that Jana's doing? A Duggar renovation special. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I may have missed something but could it be the school house that Jana's doing? A Duggar renovation special. 

Yes, I think that school house may end up being a church.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Ok is it weird that I think it should weird that she has a young “handsome” photo of just her father on her what looks like to be her personal desk. It looks like something you would do with a boyfriends picture. I know that he “holds the authority” over her until she is married. 

A pic of them both whenshe was younger would not have creeped me out as much or one of both her parents. 

765E5F05-B4B5-465D-A50B-8C37F9BC19DC.png

8340DF62-BBA0-463F-98C6-7EBA82A36C46.png

Ok is it weird that I think it should weird that she has a young “handsome” photo of just her father on her what looks like to be her personal desk. It looks like something you would do with a boyfriends picture. I know that he “holds the authority” over her until she is married. 

A pic of them both whenshe was younger would not have creeped me out as much or one of both her parents. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 9

42 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

765E5F05-B4B5-465D-A50B-8C37F9BC19DC.png

8340DF62-BBA0-463F-98C6-7EBA82A36C46.png

The “desk” is in Boob & Dairy Queen’s room. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 9

50 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

The caption suggests it's in her parents room

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic