IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

The Maxwells beat her to it, and did a better job.  :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle: 

This is my all time favorite fundie trend.  It's so passive aggressive and horrible and oh so unnecessary.  

image.png.cd3497a80b4e81ac0cfada82b9a5bb6e.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Honestly, I think this is a bad move but a good thing at the same time. Incredibly rude and condescending. It hopefully shows people how toxic the Duggars can be/their views are.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Jana - You were one of my favorites!  Damn, girl!  These fundies need to live on Skirts-Only Island.  The rest of us can live on Whore Island (reference to Anchorman) ?

image.png

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

I don't see a shirtless guy flipping the bird. When I zoom in it looks more like a young black girl behind Jana, with her hair in two little afro puffs like I used to have mine as a kid. Kinda looks like she's holding something near her mouth or has her hand there, but I don't see a middle finger up. Maybe it's just me though.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

I wonder what Jana would do if one of her sisters like Jinger or Jill chose to wear a pair of shorts in her precious presence. God, I bet Jana is so fucking pretentious in real life. I've always been indifferent to her but lately she's really been letting her ass hang out and reminding me just how legalistic they are. I grew up with this and no fucking thanks. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

It seems like at least a few comments are calling her out on it. I have to admit, the ps is so bad it’s hilarious. 

• Thank You 1

Jana is really leaning into that cheesily curated Instagram Influencer style. It's funny, if you look at a lot of former contestants on the Bachelor/Bachelorette (a show that would surely defraud the Duggars) their Instagram feeds actually look really similar. Super staged photos of the person over and over again, standing alone, usually looking away from the camera pretending to be "candid," all filtered in the same over-brightened washed out filters that are trendy right now. Very vain, empty, and devoid of any realness or soul.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 14

2 hours ago, coexist said:

I don't see a shirtless guy flipping the bird. When I zoom in it looks more like a young black girl behind Jana, with her hair in two little afro puffs like I used to have mine as a kid. Kinda looks like she's holding something near her mouth or has her hand there, but I don't see a middle finger up. Maybe it's just me though.

I think the tufts you saw are actually the heads of people on the ride behind the person. I could be wrong though. The photo gets too blurry to see clearly when I zoom in. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think the tufts you saw are actually the heads of people on the ride behind the person. I could be wrong though. The photo gets too blurry to see clearly when I zoom in. 

I thought the puffs might be heads at first, too. I settled on the puffs being part of her hair only based on how the light seems to be hitting the tops of the puffs and part of her forehead the same, but you're right-- it's too blurry to be sure.  

• Upvote 3

Didn't ex-ATI/IBLP people say that they regularly photoshopped skirts onto the females in their brochure photos who were wearing pants (but that pants were secretly allowed)? Not sure when/where I read that now, but it was definitely a thing. Jana learned from the best. 

• Upvote 1

Do we know the guy in her latest Instagram photo? Hes wearing a hat and it's a slightly odd angle, but I don't immediately recognize him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babysitter said:

Do we know the guy in her latest Instagram photo? Hes wearing a hat and it's a slightly odd angle, but I don't immediately recognize him.

A few people commenting on the post think it’s Jeremiah Duggar.

9 hours ago, Charliemae said:

The Maxwells beat her to it, and did a better job.  :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle: 

This is my all time favorite fundie trend.  It's so passive aggressive and horrible and oh so unnecessary.  

image.png.cd3497a80b4e81ac0cfada82b9a5bb6e.png

I must really suck at this, because these all look like legit skirts to me. Haha! Is the photoshop on the girl on the far-right? It is the only one I see who seems to be wearing jeans but they filled the gap between her legs to make it look like a jean skirt?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

I must also be really bad at photoshop. I don't see it in the Maxwell photo (unless it the placement of the pants wears hiding the pants) and I really thought it was just the filter making the girls in the background of Jana's photo look strange. I don't really know what she would have to gain by PSing the skirts on. I mean its not like her insta followers and even herself don't see women walking around in clothes they deem inappropriate every day. Why bother? Also it takes away from the "look at me, I am so godly for only wearing dresses and skirts in this heathen filled world" narrative they keep trying to push. Wouldn't that hurt their brand? I mean if we all started dressing like them? How would they separate themselves from the world? Stand out as the best kind of Christian? (I realize this comes off as a mocking/sarcastic tone, but I actually do wonder that).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, Babysitter said:

Her cousin, Evan Peters. His sister is cousin Emily and their dad is Will Peters. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Do you think there's a chance Jana was told to photoshop, like if the girls were wearing shorts with the text FUCK YOU on the back?

I don't know why not use a different picture, but it's possible.

I'm not defending her, either.  It probably was just self-righteousness.

UI really don’t think that’s photoshop. The one girl in the black looks like she’s wearing track shorts anyway, and if she were going to go to the trouble for modesty standards- why would she make it well above knee-length. It makes no sense.

It looks like she just did a basic filter that makes everything a little more colorized/ softer in some parts/ sharper in others. I know there’s a name for it, but can’t recall it. 

definitely nothing looks weird in that Maxwell one. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

definitely nothing looks weird in that Maxwell one. 

The girl on the right looks like she’s wearing jeans that someone photoshoped (badly) into a skirt. But it could also be a pair of jeans that someone sewed (also badly) into a skirt. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

The jeans in the Maxwell photo just look like the woman is standing with her legs apart at an odd angle and light from the right side of the room is highlighting the seam of the rear pant leg. To me. (I also saw hair in the Jana photo where some saw heads, so...)

I can see how the light and shadow trick your eye into thinking it's an extra piece of denim sewn or photoshopped to turn jeans into a skirt though.

This is starting to feel a bit like the "Is this a picture of a blue and black dress or a white/gold dress?" challenge. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

The girl on the right looks like she’s wearing jeans that someone photoshoped (badly) into a skirt. But it could also be a pair of jeans that someone sewed (also badly) into a skirt. 

I think you all must have missed the early 70’s. Everyone (and/or their mom) had that same jeans-sewed-into-a-long- skirt . Often embroidered. I think it was mandatory. No wonder it didn’t look weird to me ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I don’t think it’s PS’d. The girl on the left is wearing a dress. The girl directly behind Jana isn’t a dude, she’s not giving the finger, she’s taking a photo of the other two girls. She’s holding a phone with a pop socket. If she’s photoshopping, why not put a skirt on the girl in the leggings? False alarm here, guys.

• Upvote 7

I don’t think the Maxwell pic is photoshopped. The light coming from behind the girl on the right is causing shadows to fall on her legs. She just wearing jeans, you can tell by the shading and her leg shape. The light bit in the middle (which does look photoshopped at first glance) is just the back half of her legs.

8D955E45-EC79-42C2-8F1C-6919384B9588.png

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

So apparently, as I just saw on Lawson's Instagram story, Jana went bowling with Lawson, Jackson, and Laura (DeMacie). You know what they say: you become who you hang around. (I'm looking at you and your poses, Jana!)

• Upvote 3

I think those skirts are photoshopped (badly). And the young black girl is giving the finger.  Jana is so boring and probably a little snobby too and a massive self righteous pain in the ass IMO.  I feel her Instagram acct is showing her true personality (or lack thereof).  That JTTH must be some mind numbing propaganda.

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic