IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

On 8/7/2019 at 11:07 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I couldn’t find the clip on YouTube, but I don’t think Michelle actually denied knowing who Dolly was. As I recall, she was evasive when the producers tried to get her to admit that Dolly is very Nike.

My memory is similar to yours, even if I was not able to find any footage of the episode online. From what I recalled, Michelle never said she herself didn't know who Dolly Parton was, but was explaining why none of the kids did. Or maybe I'm messing it up in my mind. But I am certain she knew her and I would not be surprised if even Jim Bob did. From what I saw of Grandma Mary and Jim Bob's father, they seemed religious enough but not fundie. Deanna certainly was exposed to mainstream stuff so I guess Jim Bob too before going all fundamentalist.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I can kind of understand why some people would think that she faked not knowing who Dolly was because Michelle does typically have a surprised/ignorant/"innocent"/big-eyed expression on her face. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Believe me, there are so many times when I write stuff & it makes total sense in my head to me, but not to others so no snark from me! 

Also guilty

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

So what's the consensus on  Jana's most recent grape festival photos on IG? Did she photoshop skirts on the girls in the background because they were defrauding? It certainly looks like it. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So what's the consensus on  Jana's most recent grape festival photos on IG? Did she photoshop skirts on the girls in the background because they were defrauding? It certainly looks like it. 

I was about to say that would be a bit extreme even for the Duggars, but those 'skirts' do look totally photoshopped!  

I find it humorous that they might alter a photo to make it brand-friendly, when most of us would say, 'You know?  I'm just not going to post that one'.  Because two photos aren't enough, apparently.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

But it's a quirky photo of her. Can't have those heathens in short shorts in the background.

Jana is a dick. 

• Upvote 7

I went back and watched it and them questioning Michelle on Dolly was heavily edited and so whether she says she knows her or not they don't show. She does ask was she on HeeHaw which the producer says no, but it's possible she might have seen her perform on HeeHaw at some point, so maybe that was where she knew her from, IDK. 

Adding, I grew up in N. Georgia and Pigeon Forge was our family vacation every single year. We went so much we got to know the owners of the hotel we stayed at every year. I love DollyWood, I love the Smokey Mountains, love love love. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I also rewatched the dolly episode (don’t judge me. I own them because I bought them so my grandmother and I could watch and laugh when she was in the hospital or unable to get out to the beach on family vacations. We also watched honey boo boo). I do think Michelle knew who Dolly was, but didn’t think she’d ever seen her on tv except maybe Hoo Ha (?). She and Mary both said that the children had no idea who Dolly is. However, my favorite part was when Michelle interrupted an interview in Dollywood on their way to see Dolly to say “Nike.”

side note: Josh seems particularly creepy in this episode. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

18 minutes ago, Scoodilypoop said:

I do think Michelle knew who Dolly was, but didn’t think she’d ever seen her on tv except maybe Hoo Ha (?). 

Hee Haw! 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scoodilypoop said:

I do think Michelle knew who Dolly was, but didn’t think she’d ever seen her on tv except maybe Hoo Ha (?).

Hoo ha (especially with the question mark) made me laugh so much I had to take break from drinking my tea! I haven’t laughed this much at something in a while, so thank you. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But it's a quirky photo of her. Can't have those heathens in short shorts in the background.

Jana is a dick. 

But you can have some bloke giving the finger in the background... guess she missed that one with the photoshop. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

It looks definitely photoshopped ? 

And what's up with all those "oh, just randomly standing around looking cool" poses lately? Is she becoming a female Lawson or what?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Jana is the worst, to go so far as to Photoshop random strangers in your pictures. Just crop them out, or I don't know wait until they are out of the frame to take your picture. This is the stuff that disgusts me about the Duggars (among much else) is that people think they are so "wholesome" but here she is low key placing judgement on other women based on her perception of them. <_<

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

How hard is it to crop/blur people out of your photos? Imagine if people on the other side of the spectrum decided to edit random strangers in their photos and "undress" them in Photoshop so everyone was wearing shorts, all Hell would break loose. Not that that would be an appropriate people to do, it would be the worst because they didn't consent to having that done to them, but I don't believe these girls consented to being "dressed" in PS either. Life doesn't work like that. You don't like to do something, you don't do it, that's simple, but you don't force your way of living and modesty standards on others either because you think your truth is the absolute truth, that's just smug and disgusting. I'm disappointed in her.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Oh, man. It would be so amazing if those girls in the photoshopped skirts saw Jana's picture, recognized themselves, and publicly called her out for doing it.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Photoshopping strangers in your photo because of your own legalistic, narrow minded views is disgusting. I honestly think Jana is one of the worst to drink the kool-aid, and can't get on board the free jana train. She already had a photo of her by the ferris wheel, why did she need two? 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

You know what I find amusing about this? The fact that five years from now we can probably all look back and point to “Skirtgate” as the defining moment FJ really began to turn against Jana. Of all the things these people have done to make us dislike them this has to be one of the funniest because it was just so stupid to photoshop it so badly. ?

And I can’t remember if this was mentioned, but there is a shirtless guy flipping the bird right behind Jana in that first photo who wasn’t photoshopped. So now I find the skirt editing twice as hysterical. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 22
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I thought that shirtless guy was eating a turkey leg, not flipping the bird. :pb_lol: He's my new hero. Would Jana even know what that hand gesture mean? She'd have to, right?

The more I think about it, this was an absolutely horrendous move by Jana. Use a different picture. I'm sure she took dozens to get the pose just right. Don't essentially slut shame a couple of probably teenage girls for wearing shorts and post it on your public Instagram.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I love that the skirts are the exact same style and the shirt of the girl on the right matches Jana’s dress. Duggar lack of creativity strikes again.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Hoo ha (especially with the question mark) made me laugh so much I had to take break from drinking my tea! I haven’t laughed this much at something in a while, so thank you. 

Yea, I read that as Michelle only knowing who Dolly was because she saw her Hoo Ha on the TV... and that was a REALLY weird twist ????

• Haha 14
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Yea, I read that as Michelle only knowing who Dolly was because she saw her Hoo Ha on the TV... and that was a REALLY weird twist ????

All I could initially think of was Scent of a Woman, “Hoo ah”...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic