Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Jana 9 - So, what is Jana (and her Instagram) being primed for, and why?

Recommended Posts

Ivycoveredtower

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
candygirl200413

Omg, the poor racoon doesn't deserve to be in her hands!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
SadieJane

Is it a "who does it better" because sorry Michelle. The raccoon is winning. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
8 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Omg, the poor racoon doesn't deserve to be in her hands!

Don't worry - she'll only hold it for a second and then pass it off to a buddy as soon as the photo op is over.

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 44
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Aw! The baby raccoon reminds me of when I worked at a vet clinic. An animal rescuer brought in 3 baby raccoons to weigh. They purred and sucked our fingers. Aw!

Then the vet (my boss) reminded us that the reason she brought them in to weigh them was so that she could give them the right amount of deworming medicine. Because they all had roundworms, and who knows what else. Remember to wash your hands very thoroughly Michelle!

(And I've told this story on FJ before. Apologies for repeating myself.)

  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TatertotAsserole

Damn. For every Betty Friedan there is an equal and opposite Duggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bal maiden
9 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

 

“And here,” says Michelle, “is the inspiration for Jinger’s pre-Jeremy eyeliner”. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 35
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamtheway
9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Omg, the poor racoon doesn't deserve to be in her hands!

Michelle looks more genuinly happy in this picture then any of the ones posted where she poses with her children. 

  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

For all the adoration that so many of these adult kids heap on MAD, how come it was so rarely, if ever, highlighted in the show? Yes, she was an expert in pregnancy, and seemed to really seek out that state, but the rest? Why did the show, which the Duggars labeled as their “ ministry”, never focus on all the good, compassionate works that the Duggars (Michelle in particular) were  doing for others. Ok so they go to El Salvador every December to pass out cheap toys, tracts, candy, and to proselytize, but what have they ever been shown doing that is totally selfless? 

Its weird how these kids describe Michelle, because she has never really been shown to be any of those things. If she was doing all these great things, they should have been shown at times. Why would TLC avoid showing such, and why wouldn’t JB have insisted on their ministry showing more of their good, compassionate, selfless works?

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

For all the adoration that so many of these adult kids heap on MAD, how come it was so rarely, if ever, highlighted in the show? Yes, she was an expert in pregnancy, and seemed to really seek out that state, but the rest? Why did the show, which the Duggars labeled as their “ ministry”, never focus on all the good, compassionate works that the Duggars (Michelle in particular) were  doing for others. Ok so they go to El Salvador every December to pass out cheap toys, tracts, candy, and to proselytize, but what have they ever been shown doing that is totally selfless? 

Its weird how these kids describe Michelle, because she has never really been shown to be any of those things. If she was doing all these great things, they should have been shown at times. Why would TLC avoid showing such, and why wouldn’t JB have insisted on their ministry showing more of their good, compassionate, selfless works?

They are all platitudes.  Insert generic nice thing people say about their mom here.

As much disdain as I have for Kelly Bates, her kids messages to her felt far more natural and real...specifics about interactions with them that make me think she has more genuine attachments to her kids than Jchelle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

Michelle looks more genuinly happy in this picture then any of the ones posted where she poses with her children. 

I would never say anything negative about a mother with a gaggle of kids seeming happy to have a quiet, child free moment. What I do have trouble with is people advocating for mass, uncontrolled reproduction. It’s not practical or healthy for parents or children. Everyone deserves better.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They are all platitudes.  Insert generic nice thing people say about their mom here.

As much disdain as I have for Kelly Bates, her kids messages to her felt far more natural and real...specifics about interactions with them that make me think she has more genuine attachments to her kids than Jchelle.

 

The message would have been more believable  if Michelle had written it about Jana. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorns
On 5/12/2019 at 6:11 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Continue from here...

Thanks @Thorns for the thread title.

Whoa, thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VelociRapture
9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

For all the adoration that so many of these adult kids heap on MAD, how come it was so rarely, if ever, highlighted in the show? Yes, she was an expert in pregnancy, and seemed to really seek out that state, but the rest? Why did the show, which the Duggars labeled as their “ ministry”, never focus on all the good, compassionate works that the Duggars (Michelle in particular) were  doing for others. Ok so they go to El Salvador every December to pass out cheap toys, tracts, candy, and to proselytize, but what have they ever been shown doing that is totally selfless? 

Its weird how these kids describe Michelle, because she has never really been shown to be any of those things. If she was doing all these great things, they should have been shown at times. Why would TLC avoid showing such, and why wouldn’t JB have insisted on their ministry showing more of their good, compassionate, selfless works?

TLC purposely set out to make the Duggars look as freakish as possible. They have a history of doing that with their reality show families. The Bateses suffered that same terrible editing before they had the good fortune to have their show cancelled and a new one picked up by UP TV, which has been much kinder to them. 

So my best guess is a combination of:

- bad editing to make them look as freakish as possible. 

- their personalities really not translating well to television. None of them have ever seemed comfortable being filmed even after all these years. 

- Michelle checking out of parenting more and more as time passed because they had too many kids and not enough time, regardless of what they say.

- the fact that Jana is her eldest girl. I could see her genuinely having a strong relationship with Michelle because her mother would have relied so heavily on her (and Jill) when they were younger.

- and I’m guessing their “charity” is likely limited to those staged instances they occasionally showed on the show. I could be wrong and maybe they do a ton of volunteer work or something, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower
9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

TLC purposely set out to make the Duggars look as freakish as possible. They have a history of doing that with their reality show families. The Bateses suffered that same terrible editing before they had the good fortune to have their show cancelled and a new one picked up by UP TV, which has been much kinder to them. 

So my best guess is a combination of:

- bad editing to make them look as freakish as possible. 

- their personalities really not translating well to television. None of them have ever seemed comfortable being filmed even after all these years. 

- Michelle checking out of parenting more and more as time passed because they had too many kids and not enough time, regardless of what they say.

- the fact that Jana is her eldest girl. I could see her genuinely having a strong relationship with Michelle because her mother would have relied so heavily on her (and Jill) when they were younger.

- and I’m guessing their “charity” is likely limited to those staged instances they occasionally showed on the show. I could be wrong and maybe they do a ton of volunteer work or something, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t. 

wasn't their a rumor going around once that they did a staged food drive for the show, I can't remember how the rumor went but I remember it being out there. 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
9 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

wasn't their a rumor going around once that they did a staged food drive for the show, I can't remember how the rumor went but I remember it being out there. 

They did stage a food drive for 19kac, and it was filmed, but it never aired because Josh.  However, someone took pics and the tabloids got ahold of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower
6 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

To be fair, she has probably held a ton of babies and only that one raccoon. The first one is always special. #18 who gives a fuck?

I know it was a joke and I chuckled but considering who number 18 is in Duggar land this is actually just sad, poor forgotten Jordyn, always second best to Miracle Josie, she got the most gypped. 

Hannie is the first girl after a slue of boys so thats' special. Jenny has Jill as a buddy/Mom and as much as you can say about Jill she seems to really care for her Buddy's and still be very active in their lives. then their is Jordyn forgotten, just another girl in a sea of girls including not only being pushed aside by Josie but also Mackenzie who was the first Grandugger so that's special.  her buddy was Jessa who loves Jordyn I'm sure but never wanted to play mommy to her buddy's and who can really blame her, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee

Free Jordyn!

Can you imagine if she left the cult and found friends who cared about her individual interests and knew nothing about Josie beyond “oh yeah, that’s one of Jordyn’s sisters”? A boyfriend who wasn’t fussed about having kids? A job where she was recognised for her abilities and dedication, and promoted? Maybe she would sew quilts for fun and not feel obliged to hem anyone’s skirt while she’s at the sewing machine, or she’d own her own horse and go riding every weekend just because, or she’d go to Central America for a holiday and enjoy the culture without turning every conversation into a conversion attempt.

  • Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pecansforeveryone

Those birthday "proof of life videos with Jordan and Michelle were and are heartbreaking. There were sad videos for two separate birthdays so it isn't just Jordan was tired/didn't feel well one year and that was it. She is actively giving Michelle a look of "who the hell are you" in both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GuineaPigCourtship

Jana, I know you're new to social media, but exclamation points should be used sparingly until you join an MLM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelsey
17 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I know it was a joke and I chuckled but considering who number 18 is in Duggar land this is actually just sad, poor forgotten Jordyn, always second best to Miracle Josie,

Forgotten Jordyn is totally the reason I chose to use #18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JordynDarby5
3 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Forgotten Jordyn is totally the reason I chose to use #18.

Its the reason I chose Jordyn as part of my username. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
agentshade
On 5/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, Smee said:

Free Jordyn!

Can you imagine if she left the cult and found friends who cared about her individual interests and knew nothing about Josie beyond “oh yeah, that’s one of Jordyn’s sisters”? A boyfriend who wasn’t fussed about having kids? A job where she was recognised for her abilities and dedication, and promoted? Maybe she would sew quilts for fun and not feel obliged to hem anyone’s skirt while she’s at the sewing machine, or she’d own her own horse and go riding every weekend just because, or she’d go to Central America for a holiday and enjoy the culture without turning every conversation into a conversion attempt.

Honestly, I get the feeling that if there is one Duggar that (eventually) leaves & cuts all ties with the Quiverfull community, it'll be Jordyn. If I hear about her having escaped within the next 15 years, I wouldn't bat an eye.

  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hisey
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 8:01 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As much disdain as I have for Kelly Bates, her kids messages to her felt far more natural and real...specifics about interactions with them that make me think she has more genuine attachments to her kids than Jchelle.

 

I think they just have a publicist who is better at gathering information from the kids and better at writing it up for their social media sites. That's probably who is writing all these messages.

Edited by Hisey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Mood Updates

    • 47of74
      47of74 is now feeling Giddy
    • Gobsmacked
      Gobsmacked is now feeling Meh
    • Screamapillar
      Screamapillar is now feeling Wine time!
    • 47of74
      47of74 is now feeling Giddy
    • JoyfulSel
      JoyfulSel is now feeling Giddy
  • Recent Status Updates

    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      Thought it was time to change my avatar to a guinea pig who was actually mine!! This is Fudge, the first piggie I ever had, and sadly the first one to die. She was very "talkative" and I haven't had one as talkative since. 
      · 0 replies
    • finnlassie

      finnlassie

      Gathered my courage and went to look at rings at the jeweller. "So, what's the situation, engagement, or...?" "NOPE, NEITHER, JUST LOOKIN, Iwannaseealltheprettyrings"
      · 0 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Sick rabbit. Our vet is out of town. Can't find a vet that treats rabbits to see him. 😓
      · 9 replies
    • PumaLover

      PumaLover

      Mr. Puma just surprised me with a much newer, much faster laptop! Now I can read more FJ! Yay! #besthubbyever LOL.
      · 1 reply
    • nst

      nst

      I start my new part time job today in a non profit company. 
      Not nervous because it's part time. 
      I am so glad I am no longer with the professor. 
      I just want to be a ray of light and service 
      · 2 replies
    • LittleOwl

      LittleOwl

      Apparently I am trying Bouldering on Saturday.  With the upper body strength of a flower, this can only end well... right? 
      · 4 replies
    • OyHiOh

      OyHiOh

      Went to a writer's group meeting yesterday.  First time I've gone to this group's meetings.  Different from other groups I've participated in - this one was a series of prompts and exercises.  I was in a bit of a mood going in - Father's Day weekend for a recent widow is no laugh matter; several social/annoying things happened at Shabbat service in the morning, and one of our service leaders made a "somebody really should" statement of the writing variety and once I hear someone say "someone really should" I usually can't unsee the idea until I've had a try at it.  We did a word association map for one exercise, then wrote something based on part or all of the word map.  I picked a section of the map that had some references to knives and fancy dress balls to write from.  I'm pretty proud of what I wrote in 15 minutes but it's pretty clear that I was in a "mood."
       
       
      The night of the long knives came and went as a plague on the first born of the land.  Men perfectly healthy went to bed only to be jerked from sleep with knives against their throats.  Here were the leaders of men, thrust against walls at the point of a stiletto, there the young men only following their orders, and over there again the family men who didn't exactly plan to pursue this path but perfectly content where they'd found themselves.  At the end of a blade, deep in the depression years, taking their payslips home at the end of the week feeling they'd done a good job, and a little extra for mother in the kitchen. The years of children, church, and kitchen. The good women. Most of them not owning a fancy pair of shoes or a party dress, for who had time?  The children needed their mothers at home, the men away at work.
      The children of course, were not silent.  Soldiers burst into their homes, dragged their fathers out of bed.  Mothers clutching their husbands, children wailing for their papas. The ones who understood left quietly, reassuring the children on their way out - it's a special exercise, I couldn't know about it beforehand, otherwise I would have told you.  Hush child, I'll be home in a few days. They knew they'd be lucky to make it to the end of the block, of course, but let the children hope for a little bit longer, before all hope fell away and their eyes opened to the hatred their own fathers had taken part in.
      Others didn't understand, resisted and fought against the soldiers who came into their homes.  They'd believed in the banners and flags, they'd stood and cheered, they'd enjoyed seeing fear cross the faces of those who understood.  Now they themselves fought back in fear. Fear of losing their lives for who could possibly know what comes next? Wagner wrote of Valhalla, their wives faithfully attended church; surely there was something to greet them when the heart stopped quivering, trying to pump blood flowing onto floors, and truck beds, and sidewalks.  
      · 1 reply
    • Dreadcrumbs

      Dreadcrumbs

      I'm hooked on Duolingo. It's more helpful than I initially thought.
      · 0 replies
    • mollysmom

      mollysmom

      Almost lost my little dog Molly today  Thankfully she seems to be ok but the next 24 hours are crucial. My ex husband came home to find her blanket wrapped around her neck real tight and she was just laying on the floor. He got her untangled and the blanket had blood on it and she had pooped and peed (probably so scared while it was happening) She started coughing up blood and her one eye is all bulged out and bloody. He called me and I told him to get her to the nearest emergency vet and I would meet him there. They said she's really lucky to be alive. They said to keep a close eye on her breathing the next 24 hours but after that if she's ok she should be fine. They sent her home with eyedrops and an anti-inflammatory medicine for her little neck. I'm so happy that she is ok but man, my heart is broken just thinking about how terrified my poor little baby was! I really really hope dogs have short memories so she doesn't remember this but even thinking about how she was most likely struggling just breaks my heart. I know she's "just" a dog so this is probably silly to alot of people, I totally get that, but she is my baby. I never had children. Molly is my baby. Everytime I think about how she was probably feeling I just cry. But I'm so glad she's alive.
      · 10 replies
    • AliceInFundyland

      AliceInFundyland

      Ch. 3 Sneak Attack
      While in bed, two ants appear on my arm. Instead of approaching this logically, I spray the ant spray straight behind my nightstand.
      Unventilated.
      Immediately. Don't do that.
      · 3 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

  • Popular Tags

×