Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Joy & Austin 27 - Joy and Austin lost baby Annabell, TRIGGER WARNING miscarriage and stillbirth

Recommended Posts

Iamtheway

Their Facetime shot looks really sweet. Love the phone kisses.

I had to go away for work earlier this week and I am always greatful Mr Way takes care of everything when I’m away. He does more then his fair share otherwise too but being 100% responsible 24/7 is different. (I don’t know how single parents do it, you guys are all heros!)

I would never thank him for being a great dad on social media, but I also didn’t tape my wedding or the birth of my child and aired it for millions of people. Sharing their lifes online is just normal for them.

For a non-fundie (and reasonably equal) family this is just normal parenting and partnership but for fundies it really is nice to see Austin take Gideon on his own for a couple of days while Joy gets to go do something thay is just for her, alone. 

Usual diclaimer about them still being awful haters, it is still nice to see that they seem happy together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OyToTheVey

I've mentioned it before. My BFF is like that. She'll say that she has to get her husband to watch the kids. She'll sometimes say he's babysitting them. I'm like ummmmm no what he's doing is called 'parenting'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LillyP
On 5/22/2019 at 12:04 PM, llg1234 said:

Not surprised Joy is praising Austin for "watching" (aka parenting) Gideon for a few days by himself. This is probably one of the few (or only?) times we've seen a Duggar husband be left alone with his kid for more than a few hours. All of the other couples seem to move as a set (Benessa, JinJer, etc.) or mom takes the kids with her. 

It's depressing how such a small thing is so praise worthy, but apparently Austin is one of the few men capable of caring for his kid alone in this circle. Assuming he isn't just dropping Gideon off at the TTH for a majority of the time.

Sadly, this is so not just a fundie thing....which blows my mind. As a relatively new mom (my kid is almost 14 months) I'm in a fair amount of "mom groups" on facebook as well as just general groups for various interests. These groups are FLOODED daily with women posting about how they get no help, their husbands won't babysit the kids, blah blah blah. Every so often someone will post a praise about how their "hubby watched the kids so they could finally go to the grocery alone". Like what? It's called parenting. 

Sadly even in my own circle I have numerous friends who never let (or expect) dad to do anything with the kids. They are also the same moms who won't even leave their kid with a sitter and instead drag them everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
13 minutes ago, LillyP said:

Sadly, this is so not just a fundie thing....which blows my mind. As a relatively new mom (my kid is almost 14 months) I'm in a fair amount of "mom groups" on facebook as well as just general groups for various interests. These groups are FLOODED daily with women posting about how they get no help, their husbands won't babysit the kids, blah blah blah. Every so often someone will post a praise about how their "hubby watched the kids so they could finally go to the grocery alone". Like what? It's called parenting. 

Sadly even in my own circle I have numerous friends who never let (or expect) dad to do anything with the kids. They are also the same moms who won't even leave their kid with a sitter and instead drag them everywhere.

Yep / not fundy but when my kids were little I’d be so grateful when my husband would take the kids to the park so I could clean in peace, or watch them so I could go grocery shopping without toting 3 little ones with me.

Past me expected far too little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee

I loathe “babysitting” being applied to parenting, but I will say “watching the kids”. As in, Mr Smee is watching the kids tonight while I go to dinner with my friends. Or, I can’t come to soccer training this week, Mr Smee is working late so I have to watch the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977

Austin shared his testimony on Journey to the Heart. Apparently he “began to hang out with the wrong friends”. Lol, this is the guy that said he “broke courtship rules” with Joy by talking on the phone after curfew. I wonder what was so “wrong” that the did. 

https://lifesrealjourney.com/2019/05/austin-forsyth-journey-to-the-heart-testimony/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarrotCake
5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Austin shared his testimony on Journey to the Heart. Apparently he “began to hang out with the wrong friends”. Lol, this is the guy that said he “broke courtship rules” with Joy by talking on the phone after curfew. I wonder what was so “wrong” that the did. 

https://lifesrealjourney.com/2019/05/austin-forsyth-journey-to-the-heart-testimony/

I suspect the friends were drinking and/or smoking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Botkinetti

I suspect the friends were capable of independent thinking and not showing enough reverence to their parents.

  • Upvote 21
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glasgowghirl

Referring to dad's as babysitters is an insult to decent father's. I saw a clip on twitter for the next episode of TM2 and Doctor Drew asks Chelsea if Cole is any better at babysitting all 3 children alone, Chelsea tells him that dad's don't babysit their own children, I was so glad she called him out over that comment.

When I was really young my dad worked during the day and my mum worked evening's. My dad was the one that made sure me, my brother and my sister were fed, bathed and put to bed. Even when my mum changed jobs and working hours he still did his fair share with us and is a hands on grand dad to my nephew's, my niece's stay at the other end of the UK and rarely see him and my niece's still seem to favour him. I doubt any of the Duggar grandchildren have that connection to Jim Bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nickelodeon

Hard to make out any details from his vague Christianese, but he says that as a teen he had trouble with the decision to “make his parents’ faith his faith” and so his dad sent him to JTTH against his will. He found Jesus, groveled before his parents, cut off his “wrong crowd” friends, bla bla bla.

As usual, the Forsyth parents sound like super control freaks.

  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JillyO
18 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Hard to make out any details from his vague Christianese, but he says that as a teen he had trouble with the decision to “make his parents’ faith his faith” and so his dad sent him to JTTH against his will. He found Jesus, groveled before his parents, cut off his “wrong crowd” friends, bla bla bla.

As usual, the Forsyth parents sound like super control freaks.

Isn't that literally exactly the same thing Joy once said? Like word-for-word? Is that what they bonded over, and why they're now possibly the most zealous 2nd geners of them all?

Found it. It was at Joe and Kendra's wedding, when she was thanking Joe and telling him what a great brother he was to her. She said "Just through my teen years, I think I was having a really hard time, just like, taking my parents’ faith as my own, and you really befriended me as an older brother."

  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
4 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Too bad they didn't have anyone to tell them they don't have to take their parents' faith as their own. That they are allowed to decide for themselves what they believe and don't believe.  Sorry Joy, sorry Austin, a good friend, a good brother, good parents would have told you that. They would not have made or said whatever they said that made you conform to your parents' faith. You have every right to question your parents' faith. Joy even more so since her parents let her down so completely in every way.  

I wish I could autolike your posts.  You have a very powerful way of speaking the truth.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarriorJane
5 hours ago, JillyO said:

Isn't that literally exactly the same thing Joy once said? Like word-for-word? Is that what they bonded over, and why they're now possibly the most zealous 2nd geners of them all?

Found it. It was at Joe and Kendra's wedding, when she was thanking Joe and telling him what a great brother he was to her. She said "Just through my teen years, I think I was having a really hard time, just like, taking my parents’ faith as my own, and you really befriended me as an older brother."

That always made me a little uneasy because even though it was a really nice tribute to her brother whom she obviously feels close to, I just get the feeling that what he did or said to her wasn't as much reassuring her about her faith, but teaching her how to survive in the cult.  Like keep your head down and your mouth shut and you'll get along just fine.   This is of course wildly speculative, but just a feeling I have.  I am glad that Joy feels close to Joe though, especially since she's really the only girl in the middle of the pack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Italiangirl

For some reason, the fact that they are just now celebrating their second anniversary and Joy is almost half away through her second pregnancy, just hit me hard today. If all goes well for her during the delivery and she is able to have a VBACS, she could really have a boatload of kids! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Italiangirl

Also I found this on Duggar Data, she is on track to beat Michelle!! Yekes!

Screenshot_20190526-153445_Tumblr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
28 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

For some reason, the fact that they are just now celebrating their second anniversary and Joy is almost half away through her second pregnancy, just hit me hard today. If all goes well for her during the delivery and she is able to have a VBACS, she could really have a boatload of kids! 

Joe and Kendra are having their second child about a month after their second anniversary. It’s so crazy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nst
7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Joe and Kendra are having their second child about a month after their second anniversary. It’s so crazy! 

they were trained to do this. nothing unexpected 

  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Italiangirl
9 minutes ago, nst said:

they were trained to do this. nothing unexpected 

I know they are trained, but somehow it still surprising, say "unexpected", crazy. Put it how you prefer. At least for me it is, maybe someone else is not so surprised or hit by this but celebrate your second anniversary of marriage already pregnant with #2 and by around half away through the pregnancy is still scary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SHERA
On 5/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, LillyP said:

Sadly, this is so not just a fundie thing....which blows my mind. As a relatively new mom (my kid is almost 14 months) I'm in a fair amount of "mom groups" on facebook as well as just general groups for various interests. These groups are FLOODED daily with women posting about how they get no help, their husbands won't babysit the kids, blah blah blah. Every so often someone will post a praise about how their "hubby watched the kids so they could finally go to the grocery alone". Like what? It's called parenting. 

Sadly even in my own circle I have numerous friends who never let (or expect) dad to do anything with the kids. They are also the same moms who won't even leave their kid with a sitter and instead drag them everywhere.

My husband must be a saint next to those dads. He wants to take care of our baby daily. We don’t have a sitter, so we pay my dads phone bill so he will watch our baby when I work or need to take a shower/nap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nickelodeon

Joy made a post about their anniversary on instagram and it is fundamentalissimo. Some highlights:

  • thanking him for being her “spiritual leader”
  • ~DOING LIFE WITH YOU~
  • thanking him for putting up with her “crazy waves of emotions” that “seem to take over” because women and their irrational hysteria, right? It’s “more than I deserve”!
  • “you’re”
  • Upvote 26
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Italiangirl
Posted (edited)

There is a pic on masiespace insta, in witch Jana is holding a baby that I'm pretty sure is Gideon, so it seems that Austin has traveled with the baby and Jana babysat him for the wedding 

Edited by Italiangirl
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

There is a pic on masiespace insta, in witch Jana is holding a baby that I'm pretty sure is Gideon, so it seems that Austin has traveled with the baby and Jana babysat him for the wedding 

As the big sister of the family, I have to say that I have, more than once, taken it upon myself to watch our for my siblings littles. It just isn't as obvious as there are only 3 of us, as opposed to 19.  Jana may love getting to spend time with a new baby.  

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lumpentheologie
1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

There is a pic on masiespace insta, in witch Jana is holding a baby that I'm pretty sure is Gideon, so it seems that Austin has traveled with the baby and Jana babysat him for the wedding 

Yeah, there's also a pic of Austin trampling on Joy's dress, so he was definitely there. 

 

5 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Joy made a post about their anniversary on instagram and it is fundamentalissimo. Some highlights:

  • thanking him for being her “spiritual leader”
  • ~DOING LIFE WITH YOU~
  • thanking him for putting up with her “crazy waves of emotions” that “seem to take over” because women and their irrational hysteria, right? It’s “more than I deserve”!
  • “you’re”

I agree, it's a super fundie anniversary post. Obligatory public praising of the male headship as a strong man 🙄, saying she doesn't deserve his patience and love, and over-the-top gushing: "I’m crazy about you, I love you OH. SOOO. MUCH." (hashtag "Ilovemylife"). 

She also says she can't wait to spend forever with him, and I don't even know what that means. It's not like forever is an event that she can't wait to have happen. Unless she means she can't wait to die and be in heaven with him, which is kinda morbid. Otherwise "looking forward to spending forever with you" would make way more sense.  I'm going with SODRT fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
9 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Joy made a post about their anniversary on instagram and it is fundamentalissimo. Some highlights:

  • thanking him for being her “spiritual leader”
  • ~DOING LIFE WITH YOU~
  • thanking him for putting up with her “crazy waves of emotions” that “seem to take over” because women and their irrational hysteria, right? It’s “more than I deserve”!
  • “you’re”

Armchair analyse. 

I know all these girls most probably do need major therapy. 

But other than normal hormonal swings, that shit ain’t normal honey. 

This is quite alarming to me... 

I am sure it would rate quite highly on the checklist diagnostic for depression too.  

And you don’t need to air your dirty laundry (not that mental health is a bad thing) to make him look like a hero. If he helps you when times are tough, that’s all you need to say. 

I wish her a healthy safe delivery. Part of me wants a doctor ordered in advance no chance no way no how go directly to hospital don’t disobey c section. 

That will be the only thing to slow her fundie womb down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×