IGNORED

Joy & Austin 27 - Joy and Austin lost baby Annabell, TRIGGER WARNING miscarriage and stillbirth

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Joy is on the way to TN. It’s happening! This past 8 months actually went by so freaking fast

Hide contents

A4AAF664-F7A3-4EE0-B83C-CE1977F20F85.thumb.jpeg.7fe430e70887933172f28bdfbd3afd69.jpeg

The way she worded it, it sounds like Austin and Gideon are probably going to come to the actual wedding, but Joy is flying out early to hang out with the #bridetribe. I'll keep my eyes peeled for tons of super extra #bridetribe activities on all of their Instagram stories. Did I mention #bridetribe yet? :hello-kitty-clap:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 26

23 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

That ALL BOY comment on the picture of Gideon is just so irritating :angry-banghead:

I know. Like no woman has ever driven a car ever. My bad, I forgot we are in (pre-2018) Saudi Arabia, and women are not allowed to drive cars. So if you sit in a car, you must be a BOY and have a PENIS! Women cannot sit in cars!! They will be catapulted out of the car, so #confirmed - Gideon is a BOY! And women never get dirty, they spend their day lying on silk sheets and rose petals being sprayed with antibacterial spray, so since Gideon likes getting dirty - #confirmed he is an ALL BOY doing all sorts of MANLY things like - gasp - driving! 

And Joy: It's not sweet of Austin to watch Gideon. He is his actual DAD. It's called parenting. 

:doh:

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

Props to Joy for having headphones on while talking on her phone in public. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

Props to Joy for traveling alone. Have Jessa or Jill ever traveled alone?  Also props to Austin for staying behind, likely to work. Have Ben or Derick ever stayed behind for those purposes, like most dads or moms in the real world need to do? 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3

Joy looks so young in the FaceTime screenshots!

And even though it is parenting 101 for normal people I do think it is a big deal for these fundies to not have the baby with the mother and a father taking care next to his job for a few days. So like @SassyPants I do applaud them a little bit.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 10

I can understand privately thanking your spouse for chilling with the kids while you do something on your own. I do that with my husband a lot and he, in return, is pretty great at thanking me for taking such great care of them during the day (and especially when it’s an extra long day for me because he has a work event or something after hours.) I definitely wouldn’t post anything online though, not unless it was an extreme situation. 

If I were Joy I would have just written something about how much fun Gideon and Austin were having together. Or how excited Austin was to get a lot of quality one-on-one time with Gideon. Or how excited I was to be kid and husband free for a few days. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 19

Not surprised Joy is praising Austin for "watching" (aka parenting) Gideon for a few days by himself. This is probably one of the few (or only?) times we've seen a Duggar husband be left alone with his kid for more than a few hours. All of the other couples seem to move as a set (Benessa, JinJer, etc.) or mom takes the kids with her. 

It's depressing how such a small thing is so praise worthy, but apparently Austin is one of the few men capable of caring for his kid alone in this circle. Assuming he isn't just dropping Gideon off at the TTH for a majority of the time.

• Upvote 20

Sadly, in real life, I know quite a few very non fundie women who react like this when their husbands take care of the kids when they go out for the evening or for a weekend away. I also know quite a few dads who will say they are "babysitting" the kids.  It's not babysitting when it's your own kid!!! A male friend of mine said this to me once and I went off on him!

Am I imaging this or was there an episode where Jessa was going out and either Ben or someone else said how nice it was that he was "babysitting" and Jessa said something along the lines of "it's his kid, it's not babysitting"?

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Or how excited I was to be kid and husband free for a few days. 

I can just imagine the comments a woman would receive if she was to state this on social media, especially a Duggar woman. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Nishi621 said:

Sadly, in real life, I know quite a few very non fundie women who react like this when their husbands take care of the kids when they go out for the evening or for a weekend away. I also know quite a few dads who will say they are "babysitting" the kids.  It's not babysitting when it's your own kid!!! A male friend of mine said this to me once and I went off on him!

Am I imaging this or was there an episode where Jessa was going out and either Ben or someone else said how nice it was that he was "babysitting" and Jessa said something along the lines of "it's his kid, it's not babysitting"?

That babysitting line is one of my biggest pet peeves. 15 year old girls babysit, you are parenting.... I had a girlfriend who did not have custody of her daughter at the time and would always complain when she had to "babysit" her, she was referring to her visitation, used to make me so mad.

I do commend Austin for stepping up and parenting Gideon on his own for a few days. I knew men who wouldn't do this and they aren't fundies. 

• Upvote 11

I do not keep up enough with all of these people to have realized that Joy and Carlin were best friends.  From what I glean about their personalities from reading FJ, they seem like an unlikely pair.

• Upvote 8

I hope that "watching" Gideon for a few days while Joy Anna goes to Carlin's wedding will teach him a few lessons about how hard Joy works to keep everything together.  He had better not just drop him off at TTH for Jana.

• Upvote 2

I’d imagine that someone other than Austin will be spending the bulk of the daytime hours with baby Gideon. I’m sure that Austin will have to spend sometime away d/t having to work for a living, and either the Duggars or his parents will fill in. Frankly, this is one of the most family appropriate decisions I’ve seen a Duggar make. Why did Jessa need to schlep her entire family to TX when Felicity was born? Why did Jill need to take herself and  the kids everywhere that DD went while he was being a fake ministry student?  It’s like these people are joined together at the hip, which makes them unable to unlock and make more family appropriate decisions.

Good job Austin and Joy!

• Upvote 24
  • Rufus Bless 1

11 minutes ago, meee said:

Is Joy a bridesmaid in the wedding?

Yep. She’s the only one of the bridesmaids + groomsmen who isn’t family. The only other non family is a ring bearer and Justin Duggar is an usher. (Souce: the wedding website)

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I do not keep up enough with all of these people to have realized that Joy and Carlin were best friends.  From what I glean about their personalities from reading FJ, they seem like an unlikely pair.

They’ve been best friends since they were little girls. As they grew up their personalities shifted a bit, but I think their childhood bond remained strong. That has happened to me with my childhood friends.

Joy went with Carlin and Evan to get their license. What a -great- plan lol

9475CE43-3E0B-4B32-839F-5451953EC4DA.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

So does Justin have to schlep to TN to keep Joy from walking down the aisle with someone other than Austin? 

9 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So does Justin have to schlep to TN to keep Joy from walking down the aisle with someone other than Austin? 

He's an Usher, not a groomsman. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

He's an Usher, not a groomsman. 

I wonder if Justin accompanied Joy on the trip?

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if Justin accompanied Joy on the trip?

I don’t think so. Joy went early because she wanted to spend some time alone with Carlin (She said it on her ig story). I think Justin and the rest of the fam  will probably get there tomorrow or on Friday, and he’ll still be right on time for rehearsal

Edited by VBOY9977
  • I Agree 3

Joy has traveled alone before. Remember when she flew to TX and Jeremy picked her up. People were all a twitter over her solitude. 

• Upvote 6

austin: come to fort rock’s family camp! it’s sooo important for parents to be there for their kids!!!

also austin, tasked with raising his son: BSC_Logo_(book_series).png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19

On 5/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, CarrotCake said:

Joy looks  IS so young in the FaceTime screenshots!

FTFY

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

Did they try and Photoshop that picture to make their waists appear smaller? I ask because both of their upper bodies look disproportionate to their lower halves.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic