IGNORED

Joy & Austin 27 - Joy and Austin lost baby Annabell, TRIGGER WARNING miscarriage and stillbirth

HerNameIsBuffy

I feel sad for Joy but here’s my question: given the Duggar celebrity platform, how will they use this to fuel their pro-life agenda?

People are already hotly debating whether the loss of her 20 week old (?) is a miscarriage or stillbirth...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 9
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 4

@pugglemama so what about the poster who said she lost a pregnancy at 19 weeks and 5 days? Technically, following the terminology you are vehemently trying to impose, she has a “miscarriage”. Does that make her loss less easier than the one of someone who experienced it 2 days later? Is she not allowed to be as sad? 

What about someone who tries to get pregnant for years and years and years and, when she finally does, looses the pregnancy at 18 weeks? Is her pain not as valid because she had a “miscarriage”?

i am sorry for your loss, I cannot begin To imagine what you had to go through, but you are attacking everyone, and NO ONE is  dismissive of The magnitude of joy’a situation. 

• Upvote 13
  • Move Along 5
  • Love 2

@seasonsoflife, that poster appears to have logged out an hour ago and the furor has died down. Continuing to bring it up isn't going to help anything. Please let it go.

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 2

This is terrible for Joy and Austin.  I'm glad they have Gideon.  I think he'll help them heal and at least she knows she can carry a pregnancy to term.

Wonder if Jill was helping.

• Upvote 7

My heart breaks for Joy and Austin. To have looked forward to having their little girl, especially when she would have been one of several little girls welcomed into the family around the same time, and then to find out they lost her...so sad.  I hope they really are finding comfort through their faith, and I hope they are getting the support they need now.  Also, I hope they are allowing themselves to grieve as much as they may need to.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Oh no. Poor Joy and Austin. I am so sorry that they have lost their precious baby girl. She was clearly loved and I pray that their faith can give them true comfort as they grieve their loss.

21 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I feel sad for Joy but here’s my question: given the Duggar celebrity platform, how will they use this to fuel their pro-life agenda?

People are already hotly debating whether the loss of her 20 week old (?) is a miscarriage or stillbirth...

Please don’t do that here and now.

I don’t agree with their stance on many issues either, but as people come to this thread, some may be hit with very raw emotions, and clearly people who have been through similar losses could be triggered. Please let’s try to not make it worse than it has to be in this thread? Please understand I’m not trying to police anyone, but perhaps could you consider having this discussion elsewhere? I know I can’t be the only person in tears here.

Baby loss is hard enough, wouldn’t you agree?

I’m going to go and have a cup of tea. If you’re feeling upset, pretend you’re sitting next to me, we can make this an imaginary little virtual coffee shop. I won’t be talking very much.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 35

How awful for Joy. I'm sorry for her and Austin's loss. That's gonna be a rough November for them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I am so sad to read about their loss. Even though I disagree with literally everything the Duggars believe in and stand for, I have empathy. I could not imagine losing a child that was very much wanted and loved. I can only imagine how hard it is to experience a loss when you're doing everything your parents have taught you is right (ie not using birth control because that caused their miscarriage.*) 

(*I was a young fundie-lite bride and my husband at the time disapproved of hormonal BC because it could cause abortions.) I hate what they stand for but really hope Joy and Austin can experience healing and peace.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

Heartbreaking news for Joy and Austin. I hope that they can find some comfort in the days to come. 

As an aside, after reading this thread, I wish we had a "Bitch, please" reaction button. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 6

Awful news.   It doesn't matter what your beliefs or lifestyle are, it's still awful.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Horrible news, to go through this just a few weeks after losing her grandmother the way they did. Joy and Austin now also have to watch their sister in law's give birth to their baby girl's around the same time Annabel was due. 

I also can't believe people are fighting on this thread over terminology and if they will use this as a pro life stance. It's not the time or the place to be arguing about that. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

I’m curious how a picture like that is even taken. Did a family member ask to take it or just take it? Did they pose for it? Probably not but it’s things like this that make me sad for the kids who grew up in a spotlight. 

I’m just so sad for them, nobody should have to experience what they are. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

I’m curious how a picture like that is even taken. Did a family member ask to take it or just take it? Did they pose for it? Probably not but it’s things like this that make me sad for the kids who grew up in a spotlight. 
I’m just so sad for them, nobody should have to experience what they are. 

It’s possible the hospital have a relationship with a photographer, its not uncommon for a photographer to be available to take photos of families with their stillborn baby (and family if they wish).

https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/
  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

So so sad....i really feel for this young couple. November will be the hardest of times for them...there will so much joy and happiness around them whilst joy and Austin just sit in emptiness. So sad.

Just to clarify

Stillbirth is after 24 weeks gestation, before that it's classed as a IUD (inter-uterine death) if any signs of life at birth it's classed as a NND (neo natal death)....i was a bereavement midwife for a few months before I became a community midwife in the UK. Classification might be different in the US, however the classification doesn't matter in any of this unthinkable and heartwrenching situation. Hope she gets the support from not only her family but from the hospital/doctors etc. She will never recover from this as you will forever hold the memories and just adjust to live a new normal. 

Edited by BritishBabycatcher
Spellcheck
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 11

Re: the picture - My first thought was that they had the TLC crew with them for the 20 week appointment, and that the picture was taken by one of them. But it could also be a hospital photographer. 

I'm really sorry for their loss. No matter what you call it, it must be a heartbreaking experience. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. I hope they get proper help and support, both physically and mentally. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic