IGNORED

Joy & Austin 27 - Joy and Austin lost baby Annabell, TRIGGER WARNING miscarriage and stillbirth

HerNameIsBuffy

22 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Seems to me the Duggar’s have no recessive Genes ;)  you would think with that many children there would be a green eyed auburn haired throwback from Great Great Great  Aunt Jemima Roberta Or whatever .

But can you imagine if there were the conspiracy stories that would start...lol.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Justin stands out to me as the most Jim bob. I think of all the kids he is the most "unique" looking. I can't really place him and or campare him to his siblings. Jenni and Jordyn and Jill are also ones who I don't think look like other siblings. 

He totally has JB's jawline and mouth, however I think those wide spaced distinct eyes are all Ruark. Josie and Jinger have them too. 

Jennifer is the only Duggar where I've thought, "Where did you come from?"

It is interesting how similar everyone's coloring is, especially as compared to the Bateses who are all over the place.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I always find it so fascinating when siblings (especially a brother and sister) look so much like each other. My nieces and nephews (4 in the family, 2 boy and 2 girls) look so much alike that we have had to use outfits, changed out furniture and my son in the background at times to figure out who is the baby in some photos (printed ones that were not labeled because dates would have cleared it up, my SIL preferred gender neutral clothes so that made it extra hard). I look almost nothing like my two full biological brothers, my ex-older-half-sister (hate her if you can't tell) and I look nothing alike, she does look like my younger (half) sister though they are in no way related and as far as I know have never met. My younger (half) sister died her hair dark last year, similar to my color, and I finally see that we do share some feature, just that she was so fair skinned and blond. I actually scrolled past a photo of her on insta and though it was me, she freaked out at my new glasses because they are similar shape to hers and said it's like looking in a mirror. ? I'll take that compliment (she is 12 years younger than me).

The thing that always made me wonder is that both my biological parents have green eyes, but all three of their children have very brown eyes. I know eye color is more complex than just dominant/recessive, but it made me wonder as a child.

• Upvote 4

On the flip side, my two boys look nothing alike. Nothing at all. Different body type, hair color, completely different faces. My oldest is his father's twin and the little one looks just like me/my dad. 

• Upvote 5

We have friends with twingirls that are not alike at all. One is a complete clone of the mum with a narrow face, blonde straight hair and blue eyes. The other one looks just like a female version of the dad, square, wide face, brown curly hair and brown eyes. It’s like they got one kid each. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

We have friends with twingirls that are not alike at all. One is a complete clone of the mum with a narrow face, blonde straight hair and blue eyes. The other one looks just like a female version of the dad, square, wide face, brown curly hair and brown eyes. It’s like they got one kid each. :)

I can't help but wonder if you know the same twins I know

My sister and I don't really look alike. I resemble my dad a lot and was often called his "mini me" when I was younger. My sister looks more like my mom with some bits from my aunts and uncles thrown in. My dad and his brother don't really look alike either, so maybe not looking like siblings runs in the family. The weird thing is how much my sister resembles my cousin. The two of them are only nine months apart and there is this picture of them when they were around three or four where they look so similar they look like they could be twins. Now that they are older, they don't look quite as similar, but still look more alike than me and my sister do (or my cousin and his sister for that matter).

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 728011 said:

I can't help but wonder if you know the same twins I know

That would be weird! These ones live in Sweden and are all grown up now. 

This looks like Joy may have cut her hair.  So does one of her stories lately.  But neither show the whole head so I'm not sure.  It could just be face-framing layers, but the way it's parted suggests a bob to me. Thoughts? 

I think she wears a ponytail/braid and these are just some layers in the front.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10

On 6/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, nausicaa said:

Jennifer is the only Duggar where I've thought, "Where did you come from?"

This will probably sound weird, but I always thought Jennifer resembled the actress Jennifer Coolidge. If you don’t know who she is think Legally Blond, bend and snap.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Jackson looks a lot like Jessa to me.

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

This looks like Joy may have cut her hair.  So does one of her stories lately.  But neither show the whole head so I'm not sure.  It could just be face-framing layers, but the way it's parted suggests a bob to me. Thoughts? 

I'd love to say I agree with you, but what would she do with her hair at weddings? 

• Haha 7

I remember that there was a girl in the year below me at primary school who looked very like her little brother, although she was blonde and he was dark brown haired. 

I don’t look like my brother. He looks quite like my dad. I don’t really look like my mother though. I do apparently get my looks from Dad’s side of the family. Mum, Dad and brother all have darkish brown hair and I’m a coppery kind of redhead. 

• Upvote 1

One of my mom's friends has two daughters one had brown hair and looks just like her the other one has red hair doesn't look like her or her father but her grandfather who had red hair.

• Upvote 1

My parent's and my brother and sister all have brown hair and brown eyes. I look like my mum's sister and had blonde hair and blue eyes as a child, my eyes are now green and my hair became darker as I was older. 

• Upvote 3

I have 3 brothers, people who dont know them well cant tell them apart. Most people cant tell my sister and I apart when they see pictures of us at the same age. In real life, our 9 year age gap does it. Our cousins look pretty similar as well, though people can usually tell they arent as closely related. In a picture including spouses everyone can tell who's blood related. I also know exactly how I'd look if I was a guy, there are 3 with minimal differences...I do find families with more variance in how they each look really interesting.

• Upvote 4

Here’s the family dynamics for my husband’s 3rd brother:

dad- fair, big round face, blue eyes

mom- Mediterranean hue, coal black eyes, oval face

daughter 1- carbon copy of dad

daughter 2- round face, fair skin, coal black eyes 

daughter 3- oval face, Mediterranean skin, blue eyes 

daughter 2’s son looks exactly like her youngest sister- carbon copy

Just now, SassyPants said:

Here’s the family dynamics for my husband’s 3rd brother:

dad- fair, big round face, blue eyes

mom- Mediterranean hue, coal black eyes, oval face

daughter 1- carbon copy of dad

daughter 2- round face, fair skin, coal black eyes 

daughter 3- oval face, Mediterranean skin, blue eyes 

daughter 2’s son looks exactly like her youngest sister- carbon copy

Also- my brother’s youngest son looks exactly like our cousin’s oldest twin boy. Again, carbon copy.

• Upvote 3

One of my mom's friends two of her grandsons look identical twins. But their not. Their cousins, same age, their moms are sisters but not twins. 

• Upvote 2

My dad = Irish & American Indian. Had thinnish light blond curly hair (when he had it), has ddaarrrkkkkk tan skin, and ice-blue eyes.

My mom = American Indian & German. Medium skin tone, black-brown eyes, thick black hair (when she was younger). She looked whiter than Dad, even though she's half and he's only a quarter.

My older sister = Mom carbon copy in coloring and body build, facial structure similar to our more Irish cousins through dad--more squared forehead, smaller nose & defined chin. Stole any genes that gave me hope for tanning, turns the color of Disney's Pocahontas and stays that way FOR WHICH I AM NOT AT ALL BITTER. 

Me = deathly chalky white skin with a slight gold undertone, that fabulous recessive trait of dark green eyes, black hair (but thinner like dad's instead of foxtail bundles like Mom & Sis), facial structure more demonstrative of our Indian genes (broader nose, high cheekbones, full lips, accidental RBF), but body more German in build (see dis booty?)

Oh, but we ARE all short (5'4" or under), so there's that?

My husband is tall (almost 6'4"), background of Scottish, German and Spanish. Olive skin, thick black hair, brown eyes, stocky build, four-mile-long eyelashes that I am not at all envious of..........and seriously curious about what our twinsters will look like. Probably nothing alike since they're fraternal and people will ask me which one is adopted. I'll have a dark one and a wayward albino, just you wait. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 6/16/2019 at 6:00 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

If she had short hair how would how would we know she was a woman. 

She better spend most of her adult life pregnant, just to remove all doubt.

Oh wait...

• Haha 12

In Australia there’s currently a Royal Commission into Aged Care, I can never quite decide if my working as a carer makes me more horrified by some of the stories which are coming out, or if it has desensitised me to it. Yesterday’s  headline was about maggots being found in the mouth of a palliative care patient, I am absolutely horrified, but not surprised.

• Sad 13
  • WTF 2

9 minutes ago, oldfashionedgal said:

In Australia there’s currently a Royal Commission into Aged Care, I can never quite decide if my working as a carer makes me more horrified by some of the stories which are coming out, or if it has desensitised me to it. Yesterday’s  headline was about maggots being found in the mouth of a palliative care patient, I am absolutely horrified, but not surprised.

Criminals get better treatment and have more people (governing bodies, international laws, I can t think of it but australia signed it and i know the USA didnt) looking out for them.

I often tell people to get their elderly to commit a crime they will be better taken care off. 

There is nothing like that, that I know of for the elderly. It makes me sad 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Criminals get better treatment and have more people (governing bodies, international laws, I can t think of it but australia signed it and i know the USA didnt) looking out for them.

I often tell people to get their elderly to commit a crime they will be better taken care off. 

There is nothing like that, that I know of for the elderly. It makes me sad 

That is so true. And its sad and infuriating the elderly deserve better then that. Decent nursing homes, assistant living, doctors, nurses, etc. really isn't too much to ask for. 

• Upvote 6

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic