IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 20: Girl Needs Some Serious Therapy

HerNameIsBuffy

21 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I think it was Mr Atheist who mentioned a surprising number of Mormons seem to experience “infertility” at the 6 kid mark.

My understanding with Mormons (back in the day) is that you can stop after five.

Click here to read the Church's teachings on divorce.  Quick summary: marriage is sacred but sometimes shit happens. 

Mormon teaching on birth control: have kids, raise a family.   Decisions about sex and whether to use birth control or what kind of birth control to use, are up to the husband and wife.  

Decisions about birth control and the consequences of those decisions rest solely with each married couple. Elective abortion as a method of birth control, however, is contrary to the commandments of God.

Mormons have an average of 3.4 kids; back in the day it was said to be OK to stop after 5.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

On 10/25/2019 at 1:10 AM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

On the way Michelle and Kelly taught their kids to cook, to me it seemed that they were being taught to cook this way with the idea in mind that the first 10-12 years of their marriage they'd have lots of little kids very close together. It never seemed to have occurred to either of them that there's a pretty big difference in letting god/nature decide how often and how many you have kids and being quiverfull. Given that both Kelley and Michelle were quiverfull (and I'll be honest I don't know about how fast Kelley had kids, I don't follow the bates, but Michelle was consistently pregnant within a year after each baby for a LONG time) AND both (especially Michelle) realized that "hey I can't make my daughters do things until they're like 10 because low and behold girls don't come out of the womb knowing how to be little mommies" It seems to me like they were prepping their daughters for at least a decade of having to do everything  for up to 10 people. Their daughters just happened to choose not to actively be quiverfull (And I wouldn't call any of them quiverfull since they do truly seem to be using their bodies NATURAL rhythyms rather then actively trying to get pregnant by doing things like weaning their six month old so their fertility comes back) or maybe they simply decided "hell no I'm not doing that, I can still keep up the fundy thing without having 10 kids in 10 years." And thus have realized the work load, while heavy isn't nearly like what their mothers were dealing with and they do in fact have time to learn more nutritious cooking methods and can put quality into things. 

Didn't the girls track MEchelle's cycle so that they would know when she was most fertile?   I'm picturing them running to Boob and say, Ok, Dad.  Time to nail mama - she's ripe! 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 6
  • Sad 1

I understand being open about periods, but tracking a mother’s cycle - and knowing that means knowing her sex life - is so very, very wrong!!!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14

38 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Didn't the girls track MEchelle's cycle so that they would know when she was most fertile?   I'm picturing them running to Boob and say, Ok, Dad.  Time to nail mama - she's ripe! 

They didn't frame it that way.  The end result is still just as weird and uncomfortable though.  They talked about the calendar and that the girls knew when Mechelle was due to get her period, so it was hard to surprise them with a pregnancy.  I didn't know at a younger age how to use my menstrual cycle to track fertility, so it stands to reason they were JUST tracking periods.  I got the impression all of the girls/women in that family shared a period tacking system on the family calendar or something. Before apps it wasn't that uncommon for a womsn to add a dot or other discreet mark to the claender to track her own cycles.  I can't imagine how that plays out in mega families with fundie modesty standards though. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

40 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

This is an old rumour that has never been proven. It’s more likely they were ‘keeping their eye on the calendar’ in the sense that they knew to expect her to be pregnant again after a certain amount of time had passed.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

It was hinted that they all knew when Michelle was fertile so that meant her and JB would be busy so the girls had to be the parents while they screwed around. It is beyond inappropriate IMO for children to have that kind of understanding of what their parents are doing. It also tells me that JB & M weren't leaving it up to the Lord, they had as many kids as they could until her body gave out and stopped letting her get pregnant. Leaving it up to God, to a SANE person would be, we're not using birth control, but we aren't going to track your most fertile times to hump like bunnies to have more kids than any 2 people could possibly ever care for, we're just going to go with it and what happens happens. For most couples it means, a pregnancy complication, a sick child or an over crowded house is Gods way of telling them to stop. Usually around 3 to 6 kids area. At least all the fundy light families I knew.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It was hinted that they all knew when Michelle was fertile so that meant her and JB would be busy so the girls had to be the parents while they screwed around.

I don't remember that ever being remotely hinted at, to be honest. This is the first time I've ever heard this and I've been watching the show/following them for over a decade. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Charliemae said:

They didn't frame it that way.  The end result is still just as weird and uncomfortable though.  They talked about the calendar and that the girls knew when Mechelle was due to get her period, so it was hard to surprise them with a pregnancy.  I didn't know at a younger age how to use my menstrual cycle to track fertility, so it stands to reason they were JUST tracking periods.  I got the impression all of the girls/women in that family shared a period tacking system on the family calendar or something. Before apps it wasn't that uncommon for a womsn to add a dot or other discreet mark to the claender to track her own cycles.  I can't imagine how that plays out in mega families with fundie modesty standards though. 

I'm thinking that if they all used the same calendar that the thing would be full of polka dots.   LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Wait hang on Michelle didn't track her own cycle???? Like okay... it's one thing to tell someone how to track their own or even say you're tracking yours. But um... having your kids track your cycle... no... please just... no

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Also I haven't seen it mentioned here but I was bumming about on the internet and got a twitter notification (which i only have for fundie watch in the first place) that Anna Duggar now follows Kanye West on twitter. Anna. Darling. You're in for a wake up call when it becomes clear this is all a ploy for attention like everything else Kanye does

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Wait hang on Michelle didn't track her own cycle???? Like okay... it's one thing to tell someone how to track their own or even say you're tracking yours. But um... having your kids track your cycle... no... please just... no

There’s no proof that the girls tracked her cycle. Some people swear they saw/heard it on an early episode but no one has ever been able to produce a clip or a screenshot. I’m 100% ready to be proven wrong, so if anyone has any real evidence of this, please produce it!

• Upvote 13

25 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There’s no proof that the girls tracked her cycle. Some people swear they saw/heard it on an early episode but no one has ever been able to produce a clip or a screenshot. I’m 100% ready to be proven wrong, so if anyone has any real evidence of this, please produce it!

Yeah, this one comes up from time to time.   I think it's one of those things that got exaggerated long ago and has since become FJ folklore.   

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

This brought back a memory of "Married with Children" where they wanted to know when Peg would be monstrous!

• Upvote 1

Well, there seems no concrete proof of ovulation being tracked by the whole fam. I googled and came up with a 2012 FJ thread that said the calendar was shown and it was mentioned the girls watch it like hawks in anticipation of an announcement.  So, they knew something to go by.  The extent of it is not known.  

Ew.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Two people in that thread posted the scene I just described but the links don't work and I'm done sleuthing this.

Ew.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Two people in that thread posted the scene I just described but the links don't work and I'm done sleuthing this.

I remember that thread, and I just checked it again to be sure. The links didn't actually lead to proof of the girls tracking Michelle's cycle, just the Today Show clip where the 'watching the calendar like a hawk' line supposedly comes from. 

I honestly think this in the Mandela effect (by which I mean a shared false memory, not a spooky supernatural occurrence, haha).

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Could it have just been her tracking her period and that's what they were watching like a hawk, like did mom miss her period, could she be pregnant? That sounds way less crazy to me. This would've been before period tracker apps so marking when to expect a period seems plausible and not weird especially if it was mom's calendar in her bedroom.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I remember that thread, and I just checked it again to be sure. The links didn't actually lead to proof of the girls tracking Michelle's cycle, just the Today Show clip where the 'watching the calendar like a hawk' line supposedly comes from. 

I honestly think this in the Mandela effect (by which I mean a shared false memory, not a spooky supernatural occurrence, haha).

Yeah, I feel the same way.  However,  they did drop that line of watching the calendar so, I suppose it came from somewhere and ran with.  It's really not a normal thing to say about your mom!  But, alas, no real evidence. 

Ew.

• Upvote 3

I have seen very few episodes of the old show and I remember Michelle saying something about the girls watching her cycle on the calendar. It would have likely been when they were announcing Josie. 

Perhaps instead of watching an actual calendar, it was just whoever was in charge of emptying Michelle’s bathroom trashcan noticed an absence of feminine products lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

I remember that episode. I do think it was more they noticed the trashcan as opposed to intentionally "tracking her cycle." I remember something along the lines of it was hard to surprise the older girls with a pregnancy announcement, because they knew when she was due, and if they noticed no feminine products in the trash can at that time, they figured she was probably pregnant. Kinda weird, but also kinda not. They may have all been due around the same time each month, which is how they knew she was supposed to be due. However, I also never had to clean my mom's bathroom, empty her trashcan, or had to worry about her having a hundred kids, so I never had to really care about or worry about if she was announcing anything.   

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • Love 1

Anna's brother Nathan just got engaged to Nurie Rodrigues (from the RV-ful of Grifting subforum) tonight. (So if FJ breaks down later this weekend, the hoopla over in that family forum is probably why!)

Nurie's parents are... something else, so the wedding promises to be amazing! (Actually, the whole family is entertaining, though not in a way they'd wish to be.)

https://www.freejinger.org/forum/413-rvfull-of-grifting-rodrigues-family/

Edited by scoutsadie
added link
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Anna's brother Nathan just got engaged to Nurie Rodrigues (from the RV-ful of Grifting subforum) tonight. (So if FJ breaks down later this weekend, the hoopla over in that family forum is probably why!)

Nurie's parents are... something else, so the wedding promises to be amazing! (Actually, the whole family is entertaining, though not in a way they'd wish to be.)

https://www.freejinger.org/forum/413-rvfull-of-grifting-rodrigues-family/

Anna really can't catch a break in the crappy family department can she? 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 7

4 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

You nailed right on the head. Wish I could agree 1,000 times. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

7 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Getting Nurie isn't so bad in-and-of itself... Anna and Priscilla could actually do her a world of good in terms of giving her a make-under and otherwise de-Jillerizing her.

But it's the baggage of Jill and David and their entitlement when it comes to their brood which is so heavy.

And shit, you know it's bad when a couple's sense of entitlement regarding their family is worse than that of JimBob and Michelle.

Edited by scoutsadie
format
  • Upvote 27

3 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Getting Nurie isn't so bad in-and-of itself... Anna and Priscilla could actually do her a world of good in terms of giving her a make-under and otherwise de-Jillerizing her.

But it's the baggage of Jill and David and their entitlement when it comes to their brood which is so heavy.

And shit, you know it's bad when a couple's sense of entitlement regarding their family is worse than that of JimBob and Michelle.

Anna and Pricilla will hopefully be able to get Nurie to see that she doesn't need a lot of makeup and is pretty without it. Jill and David make the other fundie family's we snark on look like well adjusted family's, especially the Duggar's and Bates. Jill is definitely hoping she will be back in at least the Duggar's good books but I doubt it, revealing the info about Jinger's wedding when told not to and parking the RV at their house for a week after the wedding was probably the last straw for them. 

• Upvote 4

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic