IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 20: Girl Needs Some Serious Therapy

HerNameIsBuffy

It could be Josh & Anna’s new place. From what i heard, it’s a giant 8000+ sq ft fixer upper, somewhere close to the giant house Jim Bob & Michelle flipped. I assume a house that size would have a big yard to go with it. I can’t imagine that Jill’s new place has a yard that big - most new builds are lucky to have even half as much grass as the yard in the picture.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11

2 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

It could be Josh & Anna’s new place. From what i heard, it’s a giant 8000+ sq ft fixer upper, somewhere close to the giant house Jim Bob & Michelle flipped. I assume a house that size would have a big yard to go with it. I can’t imagine that Jill’s new place has a yard that big - most new builds are lucky to have even half as much grass as the yard in the picture.

Can you provide more info about Josh’s new home? Is Josh's Family living in that big structure that JB had originally offered to Josiah and Lauren?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Can you provide more info about Josh’s new home? Is Josh's Family living in that big structure that JB had originally offered to Josiah and Lauren?

That’s all i know. I don’t have a clue if they are living in it, if they bought it as a flip house, or if they plan for it to be their home. It’s apparently near that big house (i think the same one they offered Siren). I think they sold that house, so i don’t think Josh & Anna were living there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

It seems weird to have a major fireworks show right next to a housing development instead of out in the country on their land near the TTH.

• Upvote 6

On 6/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, Eponine said:

Going back a bit to the headshaving thing: historically many Western societies used public headshaving as a punishment specifically for sexual impropriety, and I assume that is the idea of Josh's punishment (if it happened, I have no clue). It was almost exclusively used on women, and was to make sure everyone knew that woman had done something sexually that was considered inappropriate. It was often done in a public area with large groups watching, and people mostly knew what it meant if they saw a woman with her head shaved.

This was pretty prevalent in Europe and the New World, and I believe it goes back to the Bible in some way. It was even a semi-official policy in modern times - see the public shaving of women's heads in France after World War II if they were accused of sleeping with German soldiers. After the public shearing they would sometimes be driven around the towns in carts to show everyone. This happened a lot before World War II as well but that's the latest example I can think of off the top of my head.

But in any case, head shaving has always been very strongly linked to sexual misconduct and public shaming/humiliation. I would not be surprised at all if this is a practice in some pockets of fundieism - I'm only slightly surprised that it was purportedly used on a man (or boy, as it were).

Josh did have a shaved head for the moving party during one of the early specials. I think it was when they had to move out of the old home but before the big home was finished. He was not filmed much for that special.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 6/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Apologies if someone else said this--I didn't see it yet.

The threat to shave the victim's hair, if that is true, is especially abominable to me because I would think that would be a strong deterrent for a godly fundie maiden to ever report a sexual crime.  If I am a GFM and had been taught my whole life that my hair is one of the most important signs of my femininity, the idea that it might be shaved off would make me feel like a criminal instead of a victim.  Why would you ever report a crime if you had this as a threat? 

Late note on the head shaving- this is definitely a shame tactic that’s used pretty often. A young girl in our group (she was about 5 or 6) didn’t have her head totally shaved but they cut it above her ears “like a boy” as punishment. It was devastating. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 26
  • WTF 2

9 hours ago, purple_summer said:

Late note on the head shaving- this is definitely a shame tactic that’s used pretty often. A young girl in our group (she was about 5 or 6) didn’t have her head totally shaved but they cut it above her ears “like a boy” as punishment. It was devastating. 

That is horrifying why on earth would anyone do that to a child. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Josh did have a shaved head for the moving party during one of the early specials. I think it was when they had to move out of the old home but before the big home was finished. He was not filmed much for that special.

Yep.

Spoiler

615704355_Greenshot2019-06-2517_21_13.thumb.png.90d3e88330f0ce4bd7a47a13fe556dc1.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

21 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

That is horrifying why on earth would anyone do that to a child. 

Oh it gets worse. She also wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. Like at all. If an adult asked her a question she could answer but that was it. Eventually she (the child) was "kicked out" and sent to live with her other parent- it was relatively short lived and they both came back within a year. 

Thankfully she remembers none of that now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 10

6 hours ago, purple_summer said:

Oh it gets worse. She also wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. Like at all. If an adult asked her a question she could answer but that was it. Eventually she (the child) was "kicked out" and sent to live with her other parent- it was relatively short lived and they both came back within a year. 

Thankfully she remembers none of that now.  

I can't imagine what kind of long term effects that has though. Oh that poor baby. I mean there's nothing a 5 year old could do that could be that bad :(

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

9 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I can't imagine what kind of long term effects that has though. Oh that poor baby. I mean there's nothing a 5 year old could do that could be that bad :(

She got robust, real therapy when we all left a few years later. Happy to say she’s doing great now ?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 17

On 7/11/2019 at 1:44 AM, purple_summer said:Thankfully she remembers none of that now.  

While that is certainly true and good, the trauma might stay ingrained into her subconscious memory. What sone people do to children is more horrible than I can comprehend. 

On 7/11/2019 at 4:56 PM, purple_summer said:

She got robust, real therapy when we all left a few years later. Happy to say she’s doing great now ?

Thats great to hear!! 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok did I miss Pricilla and David’s new baby announcement? Serious question. I thought they announced fairly early. 
I know people are going to say I should not judge her body. But I honestly think I have missed an announcement she looks very pregnant in the third birthday insta vid they put up. Her belly button is even popped out. 
I thought Pricilla didn’t look much like Anna but I was wrong. I don’t know if it is the features or the facial mannerisms. 
keller features are quite strong. 
are they still in Texas? Is alert down there too because he who shall not be named and the family was at the party. 

B5F79B80-C28C-4775-A2E4-D0BC3E632E5B.png

Spoiler

1EFF0E05-9F94-4B81-9327-45F41181346C.png

Spoiler

91642638-516F-4ADD-A66C-6A0B45196ABC.png

Spoiler

961A7FF1-419D-49D8-B049-D6F498B432C9.png

Edited by Blahblah
Add spoilers
  • Upvote 6

I doubt it, but mainly because it would be way early for her. Priscilla has been going around two years between babies and that would put her due for another around this time next year. 

• Upvote 5

@AussieKrissy There hasn’t been an announcement yet but people are definitely speculating. If she is, its early for her. She typically averages 23 months between kids and Destiny just turned one. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

She’s 99.9999% pregnant. I’ll be shocked if she isn’t. I’m assuming after the terrible month they’ve had, they’re waiting to announce. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

Chalk me up to being another one who doesn’t typically do the “is she/isn’t she?” and yet is saying yes, she’s pregnant. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

With the first 2 pictures I was not sure but that last picture is very clear.

If that is not a baby bump she seriously need to work on her posture.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 10/20/2019 at 8:28 AM, CharlieInCharge said:

I doubt it, but mainly because it would be way early for her. Priscilla has been going around two years between babies and that would put her due for another around this time next year. 

An oops can happen to the best of us ;) 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, viii said:

An oops can happen to the best of us ;) 

If only I could believe that Priscilla and David were purposely planning their family and just had an ‘oops’!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic