IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 20: Girl Needs Some Serious Therapy

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I hope your son is doing well. I know it can’t always be easy to be gay, but I think things have been getting better in a lot of places slowly. It sounds like you’re a very loving and supportive mom and that alone can make a huge difference to a lot of LGBTQ+ people.

Thank you. He is doing well as far as I can tell. I’ve known he was gay since before even he did. Even though it was never obvious. Just subtleties that only I noticed. So when he was about 11/12 he started asking me about how Putin treats gays in Russia, and I was like - ahhh so you’re realising that maybe you like boys huh? And he was like YES! So I’ve been on the journey with him from the start along with his stepdad. He’s not out out, but has told close friends, and if asked out straight, he won’t deny it. We brought his dad (slight dinosaur) into the fold about a year ago and that has been helpful. He now has a safe space in my home and his dad’s to just be himself. His step mum is really great too. 

He’s only received homophobic abuse once - his ex friend yelled [redacted] at him on the street, but he came straight home and told me. 

I cannot imagine how hard it must have been for your brother coming to terms with his identity. You must be incredibly proud of him.

It’s pride month here in Dublin so we are loving the celebration of all things LGBTQ+ and the rainbows everywhere we look. Even the police cars have been wrapped in rainbows. It’s so good for LGBTQ+ kids to see all of that. I try to see everything through my son’s eyes. 

Edited by Irishy
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 24

Regarding naming the next girl to Josh and Anna as Mary is very unlikely as Meredith is shortened to Merry if I recall. 

Perhaps other sibs might use it though 

JMHO

• I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, NorthernGal said:

Regarding naming the next girl to Josh and Anna as Mary is very unlikely as Meredith is shortened to Merry if I recall. 

Perhaps other sibs might use it though 

JMHO

I thought they called Meredith "Dithy."

I put Mariah as my guess a while ago because it's Mary-based.

• Upvote 3

Dithy? That sounds way too much like Ditzy for my tastes.

• I Agree 1

Dithy?

Maybe something Mary-based then. Marian (Marianna? Anna doesn't have anyone sharing her name yet IIRC) or Miriam or Mari. 

I agree. "Mary" is a common nickname for "Meredith" so I feel like they already have a "Mary" even if they don't call her that. Although, this is the Duggars so.....

• Upvote 6

Did they get around to posting the gender reveal video yet? Or are they waiting for enough time to pass that it’s not overshadowed by Mary’s death?

3 hours ago, Smee said:

Did they get around to posting the gender reveal video yet? Or are they waiting for enough time to pass that it’s not overshadowed by Mary’s death?

I would wait personally, if it was me. Mainly out of respect, I know that life has to go on, but I would feel awful about posting something like that. That could be perceived as moving on or not showing due respect to a "mourning period"

I would take with me the fact that she (Mary) got to be there (I assume) and see it and had a nice time.  And maybe not feel the need to post it and then I would just reference the baby by gender in a future post.

They may have honestly completely forgotten about it also.  Forgotten or put it on the "doesn't really matter all that much at this point in time" pile. 

• Upvote 8

Yeah, perhaps “overshadowed by” is a harsh turn of phrase, sorry. I did mean that Mary’s death had interrupted all their lives in such a way that things like that fell out of focus for them.

Although, a week ago I would have commented on Anna’s stupid gender reveal volcano black and white photos as being blatant attention seeking because announcing a pregnancy, gender reveal, and birth are the only 3 times every 2 years she gets to feel special and she grips those moments tightly. So I do think she’ll post the video eventually. I’m guessing from your response that she hasn’t yet (I don’t follow her on IG so I don’t see her stories or anything).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I think they will wait until at least the funeral is over before announcing it, Kendra and Lauren, if they have chosen to find out will announce soon after. Joy and Austin chose not to find out with Gideon so they probably will do the same this time round.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

It's another girl for Josh and Anna.

I had a feeling it was a girl Judging by Mack's face when they showed a teaser for the reveal.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Because of grandma Mary’s recent passing, I’m thinking Mary will be in the name. 

MaryAnna Suzette

Makayla Mary

Something like that. 

• Upvote 6

Welp called it. Seems to be girl season in Duggar world. I think Lauren and josiah are having a girl as well.

• Upvote 2

I have a horrible feeling that there's gonna be a wave of girls coming in the Duggar family 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

I wouldn't put it past them to have a Mary and a Meredith, and not just because they call the later Dithy (good god). These are people who have a Jana, Johanna and Joy-Anna in the same family so...

But I agree with all those guessing some variation of Mary. Bet on Mariah/Miriam/Marie.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I'm not a Josh fan and to some extent, not an Anna fan either, but I thought it was sweet that her older boy hugged her after the news of their girl was revealed.  He seems sweet.  I hope he'll forge a path different from his Dad where he treats all women with respect and love.

• Upvote 28

I'm going with girl for Siren as well, and I think Joken will have a girl this time and Joy will have another boy. 

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

and to some extent, not an Anna fan either,

To what extent are you an Anna fan?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

To what extent are you an Anna fan?

It's a small feeling of sadness for her.  I am definitely not a fan of her anti-abortion posts in any kind of way.  I'm sad for the girl who was really naive, brought up by super-religious parents in a sheltered environment and lead to believe that she'd meet her prince charming.  Now that she's older, I really wish she'd just leave.  She has seen enough of this world now to know that she should get out, and she now has six kids.  I have no idea how she'd support herself, though.  It's complicated.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6

19 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

It's a small feeling of sadness for her.  I am definitely not a fan of her anti-abortion posts in any kind of way.  I'm sad for the girl who was really naive, brought up by super-religious parents in a sheltered environment and lead to believe that she'd meet her prince charming.  Now that she's older, I really wish she'd just leave.  She has seen enough of this world now to know that she should get out, and she now has six kids.  I have no idea how she'd support herself, though.  It's complicated.

Thank you for answering.  I don’t see her the same way but I appreciate you sharing your perspective.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Yeah its hard for me to have any sympathy for her. Especially when she was on her "my christian marriage is better than yours" bullshit.

I know this is gonna sound super mean but I kinda had a cackle when the cheating scandal broke. She was just so insufferable with that bullshit. Even now I have no doubts that she thinks her marriage is still so holy and christian because she forgave him and there was no delay in the baby schedule.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

Mary would be such a pretty, and typical, nickname for Meredith. I don't think she will appreciate being called "Dithy" as she gets older. I keep hearing "ditzy." 

That nickname does leave the door open for them to name M6 Mary. I love the idea of Mary Anna.

Edited by TheDuggarnaut
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I think it's inevitable that one of the Preggars will give the forename or middle name as Mary. I could see Anna/Josh naming her something like Mary Rose. She will probably end up being a slave for her younger siblings, poor thing. I think it was sweet when Michael hugged Anna though. 

I think there will be two boys and two girls. 

• Upvote 7

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic