IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 20: Girl Needs Some Serious Therapy

HerNameIsBuffy

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t think the Dills were there.

think I remember Jill being there, maybe just for a brief appearance? I also seem to recall that they said that Derrick wasn't there because he was recovering from his dental surgery. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 5/28/2019 at 6:35 AM, Carm_88 said:

Every time Anna gets pregnant, we go through this cycle of who is to blame. Is it Josh? Is it JB & M? Is it IBLP? Is it all of the above? I'd go with all of the above. It all added up to a perfect storm. The end is what we have today, a family full of hypocrites who are somehow concerned with gay marriage and abortions, but have no issue with letting a child molester into their midst. People in glass houses should not throw stones. 

Also, when the kids are older / old enough to understand, are they going to find out about what Josh did?

Or are they going to sugar coat it like Duggars do?

• Upvote 5

Mack is old enough to know sense things when are tense, awkward or wonder why she is sent from the room sometimes when grown ups start talking Or overhear whispered things about daddy Or wonder why mommy is crying  and daddy does not go out with them in public anymore.  A normal child might ask questions or be upset but Anna’s daughters are being trained to be like their submitting sweet mother and that tells you everything. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 8

In my experience, kids know. Even young kids. Parents and family talk when they think kids are asleep. They overhear conversations that they aren’t supposed to. They read things that are casually left around—or they get sneaky and seek them out to try to make sense of what the heck is going on in their home. I’d not underestimate what kids potentially know. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

In my experience, kids know. Even young kids. Parents and family talk when they think kids are asleep. They overhear conversations that they aren’t supposed to. They read things that are casually left around—or they get sneaky and seek them out to try to make sense of what the heck is going on in their home. I’d not underestimate what kids potentially know. 

Hopefully at their ages they don’t have the context to understand exactly what bad things daddy did...but they will someday.

and Anna will have as much to answer for as Josh.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Or wonder why mommy is crying  and daddy does not go out with them in public anymore. 

In their world, Josh is fully forgiven and it is all in the past behind him. I don't think they're hiding Josh at home. Just because we don't see him doesn't mean he's not there - I think Josh attends every single family event and is fully part of the family once more. 

38 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Hopefully at their ages they don’t have the context to understand exactly what bad things daddy did...but they will someday.

and Anna will have as much to answer for as Josh.  

It will be interesting to see what story is told when the kids are older. It's not like they can sweep it under the rug and pretend it never existed - the internet is forever and Josh is infamous. I'm hoping that some of the children will question their mother as to why she stayed with him and continued to have children, but I doubt it. I'm sure it will all be along the lines of 'Daddy messed up when he was young, just like we all have, but Jesus forgave him, so we do too!'. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 11

4 hours ago, viii said:

It will be interesting to see what story is told when the kids are older.

His past will be sugar-coated but still be seen as quite bad even in their world. It will all become part of his testimony, and of Anna's, too. See what god and jesus can do!! That's if Josh can stay out of trouble and actually turn himself into a family man, of sorts, or at least pretend to be a family man. Pretending may be the best he can do.

• Upvote 11

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, Kelsey said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that every child molester molests their own children. It's more like why take the chance.

Exactly, why take the chance?  He's never been evaluated by anyone qualified. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I’m guessing we will see a gender reveal over the weekend? Or at least in the next week. I’m guessing girl. 

9191763F-FC42-4D17-8686-B07DE4CAD7AF.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2

Dear rufus I hope it's a boy, but I'm pretty sure she's having a girl 

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

Dear rufus I hope it's a boy, but I'm pretty sure she's having a girl 

I know, right? Dear Sweet Baby Fawn Rufus, I don't ask for much, for please let it be another boy.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Anna looks really happy for a change . I am guessing girl. In fact they had that long string of boys I have a feeling a bunch of baby girls are next. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Yesterday I came across a photo of them holding more more ultrasound pics on some random account on IG and it looks like a girl (to my untrained eye).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I know, right? Dear Sweet Baby Fawn Rufus, I don't ask for much, for please let it be another boy.

I don’t understand why a boy would be any better than a girl in this lifestyle. Yes, Gothardism is full of soul crushing misogyny, but it’s not like Michael, Marcus, or Mason will ever get to go to a secular brick and mortar school (except maybe Bob Jones U and even that may be too liberal for the Duggars) or have careers or lives outside of the Duggar collective. All of the women and girls in their lives will tell them how great they are, but they’ll still be working at Duggar Automotive 2.0, and perhaps still having to expose their lives on TV because it has become a “family tradition.” 

These fundie maidens also aren’t giving birth via parthenogenesis, meaning that tomorrow’s would be patriarch is today’s baby boy with ATI parents. Boys who don’t fit into the narrow ATI mold for whatever reason will be sent to ALERT camp or junior Jesus Jail until they can at least pretend to be down with being a third generation patriarch. By the time the M kids are courting, the courtship rules may be so strict that the really godly couples never meet face to face before the wedding but are instead matched together by the IBLP board based on applications.

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I’m guessing we will see a gender reveal over the weekend? Or at least in the next week. I’m guessing girl. 

9191763F-FC42-4D17-8686-B07DE4CAD7AF.png

I want to say got to be at least 15 weeks based off this. I think that’s the earliest you can tell via ultrasound. 

I honestly don’t care what they have. With these two as parents this kid is pretty much screwed regardless of their sex. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

There are opportunities for the smart ambitious Fundamentalist boy...Politicians , Doctors ,Lawyer or Pastor among others. I have even seen Fundie missionary Veterinarians.  They have have got Rhodes scholars And successful business men. You think ATI and Vision Forum Brass were/are all like Gil Bates? Hell no. But a Fundie girl can only aspire to be the wife of one of those men. Sure She can have a hobby career like Lauren till her future husband  comes along. She can speak about God’s calling for women to raise strong Christian sons and being the helpmeet  of a leader.  That’s about it 

This Duggar generation may not breed so much academic ambition but for that one Duggar or Dillard or Seewald or Forsyth Baby boy with ambition the Fundamentalist world can be his oyster. His sisters will have to sweetly stand behind him with an adoring gaze. 

• Upvote 8

@Cleopatra7 At first, I totally nodded in agreement with your post and actually greatly appreciate your sentiment, but now I'm thinking... In my opinion, it is ok to examine both genders roles and come to the conclusion that one has slight advantages over the other. Both still suck, yes, but men undoubtedly have an ounce of independence more than women. And if I had to live in their patriarchal quiverfull culture, you bet I’d be thankful for every damn bit of freedom I could get. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

48 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

And if I had to live in their patriarchal quiverfull culture, you bet I’d be thankful for every damn bit of freedom I could get. 

I agree with you, then I just realized at least the girls get to transfer (yuck) to another (blech) authority (ugh) and the new headship may, just may, allow them more freedoms than their daddy allowed. And while wearing pants is a tiny freedom, I'm talking about bigger things... eventually.

• Upvote 5

depressingly girl gets my vote too, I'm not sure why, i'm not an ultrasound tech, i've never had a baby, but girl gets my guess. 

• Upvote 3

Women are second class citizens in the Fundie world.  As children, they are expected to bear more of a load at home.  As young adults, they have only 1 viable option for their futures, whereas male children have a variety of acceptable careers.  It may be acceptable for a male fundie to pursue secondary secular education, even so far as high-level, post graduate education such as law or medical school.  And while those cases are rare for fundie men, they simply don't exist for women.  Most importantly, women born into fundie circles are given NO autonomy over their body ever, and are literally expected to suppress their own feelings/desires and risk their lives as adults to be joyfully available to their husbands and bring children into the world.

All fundie children are held back and harmed by the lifestyle, but female fundie children are held back and harmed more more than male ones.  Male fundies have more avenues to escape, more access to education, more autonomy, and more ability to escape fundie-dom when they become heads of their own households.  While male fundie kids are absolutely harmed by the patriarchy, they are harmed far LESS than the females placed below them.  

Overall, I always hope that NO child will be born into this mess.  When that's not happening, I hope instead that the child will be male so that he will endure LESS harm from this disaster and have MORE opportunities and avenues to escape.  I never hope that a woman or other marginalized identity will be born into this situation.  Ever.  The mere accident of being born into fundiedom with a marginalized identity could cost a person their life.

And when no fundie maidens are available for marrying, whatever patriarchs result from these families will either be kings without kingdoms or forced to look elsewhere for brides, which more than likely will result in a relaxing of dogma.  

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I think it’s a girl. I hope it’s a boy, for the reason others have listed. Additionally - as has also been pointed out before - the more sister/aunt/cousin moms they have, the easier it will be for the second and third generation Duggars to keep having lots of babies for Jesus. I agree with @Georgiana that ideally there would be no more children subjected to the cult, but if they are going to continue to have children I will continue to hope those children are boys. 

• Upvote 5

@Georgiana I think that the pre-existing skill set that an ex fundie can use in the outside world varies from group to group, and it’s not always men who have the advantage. For example, men who decide to leave haredi (ultra Orthodox Judaism) sects are at an extreme disadvantage compared to women. From about fifth grade onwards, haredi boys have almost no secular classes in school, as they devote their entire time to studying Torah and Talmud. Since girls are not allowed to study these texts, they do have some secular classes, partly because the idea is that they will work outside the home so their husbands can be full time students. This also means that women have better English skills than men, many of whom only know Yiddish despite being third or fourth generation Americans. Of course, there are men who do leave haredi sects, but they do so at a huge disadvantage compared to their distaff counterparts.

If we limit our inquiry to just ATI, the group that J&A are a part of, it seems unlikely that such a family is going to produce the second coming of William F Buckley (who admitted that he himself wasn’t really that smart but acted the way the public thought an intellectual should be). The Wisdom booklets have been dissected quite a bit here, and they’re not designed to create critical thinkers. I would even be surprised if the second generation Duggars have basic literacy and numeracy skills, since the three Rs are not really the purpose of the Wisdom Book curriculum. JB’s army of used car salesmen and house flippers aren’t going to be taking over the world anytime soon. So while there are fundies who are lawyers, politicians, and Supreme Court justices, they aren’t going to be Wisdom Book alumni.

The main freedom that I see that males have over females in Gothardism is that all manner of sexual impropriety (including and especially abuse) can be waved away as the fault of the victim. It doesn’t matter if the victim was wearing the frumpiest frumper that every grumped and a is just little girl; she must have done something to “tempt” her abuser. And if she doesn’t publicly forgive her abuser, then she’s even more at fault for being “bitter.” This way, men and boys can always get away with objectifying and disrespecting women and girls, since it just provides fodder for their “testimony,” while women and girls are always a glance away from being “fallen women.” 

• Upvote 22

I literally think all Anna wants is to be good in God's eyes and go to heaven.

I don't think in her gut she really believes Josh would never stray again, and she may even believe it is her fault. However God has forgiven her and he showed her that by bestowing her more children with Josh. She will be thrilled with each additional pregnancy b/c of that AND b/c in her world more kids = better mother = heaven. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic