IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

14 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Those novels are too scandalous. There’s DANCING. With people you aren’t married to!! And Mr. Darcy’s wet shirt certainly stirs up desires thay cannot be righthously fulfilled.

Ivy is a cutie pie. She’s a baby so that’s to be expected. But sometimes newborns look a bit like squishy aliens.

SpurgBob. I LOVE IT

The wet shirt (lake scene) is just in the movies. The books are actually not necessarily very romantically written. I love them but the romantic parts are very different from how Hollywood (or better BBC) romance looks like.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She wasn’t born in a hospital. But it looks like they went to a hospital or birthing center at some point after she was born. 

The babe was rather early so they hopefully got her a proper doctors check up or by a proper midwife that referred them to a hospital. It’s quite possible that Ivy might have needed a bit extra care due to her early birth. Or they both needed a bit extra care. Or something went slightly wrong again. We will see if we hear anything about it, but just them being in hospital does not necessarily mean there have been any problems.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Maybe they realized that too many of the women whose names are mentioned in the Bible don't quite fit their theology (women leaders, deacons, not obviously submissive enough, etc.), have names JB and Michelle couldn't possibly spell or remember, or are named Mary. How many female names starting with J are even in the Bible?

Give it another decade and there will be a birthday almost every day of the year.

Ivy Jane is very cute, and I love the name. I keep hoping Jessa will one day look at her cute kids and realize that in order to keep being the kind of mother she wants to be, she can't have a huge number of kids. 

Ahh, I meant to quote only the part "How many female names starting with J are even in the Bible?"

Jochebed, Jemima, Jerusha, Joanna, Jael, Jedida, Jehosheba, Judith, Julia, Junia. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

The people article states that she was due on June 5th.

38 weeks is considered a normal term baby, so that was not the reason they went to the hospital afterwards.

Screenshot_20190529_192219.jpg

• Upvote 5

Could they have gone to the hospital/birth centre for a check up? She has had a short delivery and was a little bit early (I know that 38 weeks are consider term, but still) 

Or maybe it was a 2d check up for Ivy?

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, meee said:

Ahh, I meant to quote only the part "How many female names starting with J are even in the Bible?"

Jochebed, Jemima, Jerusha, Joanna, Jael, Jedida, Jehosheba, Judith, Julia, Junia. 

Quoting myself - sorry! I was responding as I was reading and didn't realize someone else already listed a bunch of biblical J names. 

Also, I like "Doppler of Doom" and agree it should be a thread title.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Of course it would.  Nothing flows with Spurgeon.

Spurgeons swim against the current.

I like Threewald's name. Every time I here it I think of Ru Paul announcing "Iveeeee Wintuurrs" on Drag Race.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

Could they have gone to the hospital/birth centre for a check up? She has had a short delivery and was a little bit early (I know that 38 weeks are consider term, but still) 

Jessa could have has a more minor bleed this time around and needed iv fluids, sometimes they do fluids before jumping to a blood transfusion. Could have birthed at home, had retained placenta or anything, no doubt we will see in four seasons time when it finally airs on tv [emoji23]

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

That headscarf's a little too 'Hilda Ogden' for my liking..... Also, Ivy is another good 'Coronation Street' name ;) 

200px-HildaOgden.jpg

• Haha 20
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, Jill, Joy and now Jessa (if she has required follow up institution based care, which I suspect she has) are not good candidates for home births, while Anna appears to be a far better candidate. Kendra would also be a better candidate for a home birth as she’s had a routine, vaginal delivery without complications and appears to be in good overall health.

Would Kendra be a good candidate for home birth with the concerns they had during Garrett's birth re:her holding her breath and passing out? I know they were giving her oxygen which maybe was more precaution than anything but would that be avaliable during a home birth? 

She seems more middle ground to me but I have little knowledge on the topic. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

That headscarf's a little too 'Hilda Ogden' for my liking..... Also, Ivy is another good 'Coronation Street' name ;) 

200px-HildaOgden.jpg

Maybe if they have another girl they can call her Hilda.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I actually *did* have to go to a hospital after my birth center birth, now that I remember. I needed to get the heel stick test done and for whatever reason, the birth center I had my last at didn't do those. That was northern Va in early 2001. Who really knows. Maybe it'll come out in the episode, but if it was another complication after a home birth, I could see them being hush about it. They are not looking responsible having all these botched home births. 

Edited by fluffernutter
spellin and gramer ; )
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars aren’t the only ones that do this. Even non fundies do this shit.

I was about to say that. I know tons of people who name their daughters cutesy stuff and their sons strong traditional names... The internalized mysoginia is not only a thing of fundies. (I know we're discussing fundies but since I live in Latin America I see these type of behaviors everywhere).

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Seems like Fundies go two ways for females either strictly biblical and traditional like the Maxwells or Fluffy cutesy and made up which the Bates are particularly bad about. I prefer the latter because if any of them ever do break free they will have any number of hurdles already and at least an Elisabeth won’t have to worry about her name projecting a cutesy childish image to employers like a Kaci Lynn will.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I was about to say that. I know tons of people who name their daughters cutesy stuff and their sons strong traditional names... The internalized mysoginia is not only a thing of fundies. 

Exhibit A: Chip and Joanna Gaines. The boys are Duke, Drake, and Crew. The girls are Ella Rose and Emmie Kay.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 4

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Does in-laws usually tag along at simple check ups? Seems more like someone was in hospital for a while if there was time to have visitors. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

45 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Who irons baby clothes? 

Pff, who irons any clothes? Hang them in the bathroom and have a long, warm morning shower

(my grandma irons bed linen - who knows why)

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Iamtheway said:

Does in-laws usually tag along at simple check ups? Seems more like someone was in hospital for a while if there was time to have visitors. 

I’d say the hospital was for Jessa. I think it was @SassyPants who pointed out the IV earlier looks like one for an adult, not a newborn. That, plus Ivy is all bundled up without any visible wires. There could be wires towards her feet and the photo just doesn’t show it, but I have a feeling Jessa needed some sort of medical attention again. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’d say the hospital was for Jessa. I think it was @SassyPants who pointed out the IV earlier looks like one for an adult, not a newborn. That, plus Ivy is all bundled up without any visible wires. There could be wires towards her feet and the photo just doesn’t show it, but I have a feeling Jessa needed some sort of medical attention again. 

I agree, I wonder if she had another hemorrhage? 

It certainly would be nice to see their traditional post baby family photo. However, I would not be surprised if like with Sam’s birth, we hear nothing beyond what we’ve already heard. Hope that they are all doing well. I just wish all these young women would realize that there are very few KJs and Michelles, and even they had some OBGYN difficulties and sought care, as needed, along the way. 

• Upvote 12

I don't know much about birthing babies but since the deliver was pretty quick could Jessa have some tears? Or something like that? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Pff, who irons any clothes? Hang them in the bathroom and have a long, warm morning shower

(my grandma irons bed linen - who knows why)

My husband irons his shirts for work. I only iron beads. Think I’ll make this one my next project ...

0B39177E-A5F9-4489-B222-9D6BFB7C8CF2.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Ok, ok, @Longhairedheathen, laugh at this question if you must but is Chrysanthemum your actual name (which I would love as it’s one of my favorite flowers and allows for some pretty nicknames as well) or did you use it as an example for your equally rare name? Anyways, I love it! 

ETA: Petunia is Lily Potter’s mean sister, but I’m sure Chrysanthemum could have been Harry’s lovely aunt.   

It is. 2 questions I get asked all the time is "Is that you real name?"  and "How do you spell it."

Mom said she grew up with a lady named Poinsettia and she just love it. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It certainly would be nice to see their traditional post baby family photo. However, I would not be surprised if like with Sam’s birth, we hear nothing beyond what we’ve already heard. Hope that they are all doing well. I just wish all these young women would realize that there are very few KJs and Michelles, and even they had some OBGYN difficulties and sought care, as needed, along the way. 

My theory has always been that extreme pro-natalist Protestants and Catholics are cavalier about the inherent risks involved in pregnancy and child birth because one of the main arguments for small family size (along with birth control and abortion) are concerns about the health of the woman. The retort tends to be that the female body is “made for pregnancy” and any health related concerns are just propaganda from “pro-aborts.” In fact, childbirth is so natural that you can even do it at home with no medical professionals present. Like anti-vaxxers who can be willfully ignorant about infectious diseases they never experienced because of vaccinations, pro-natalists assume that the result of childbirth will always be a healthy mother and baby, because they take modern medicine for granted. Then there’s also the fact that hospital care for pregnancy is expensive, especially if you have double digit numbers of children and no insurance.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

• Georgiana locked this topic