IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

My girl name guess was Charlotte Crosby after Fanny Crosby. I just looked up Fanny’s middle name and it’s Jane! So maybe she did use Jane for that reason. We know they like to name their kids after famous Christians. 

• Upvote 9

Lovely name and lovely baby! 

I'm partial to the name Ivy. I've just always liked it, plus one of my sister's cats is named Ivy.

• Upvote 2

Ivy Jane is very nice! Neither one are favorites of mine but it's pretty. No in-your-face "christian missionary name" in sight. (Unless it is? Who knows? I don't follow christian missionaries.)

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 2

Nice name.

Pity it's a girl this early. 4-5 boys in a row would have done just fine.

Now, to compete with JInger regarding the size of headband bows and flowers. 

• Upvote 25
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

Cute name & cute baby! I’m kind of surprised it was a girl, though. Or maybe that’s just because i was wrong, lol!

• Upvote 2

They need a Holly next because it’s just fitting:) but it may be they will go with the plant and flower them for daughters. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I think Bin names the boys and Jessa names the girls...

I'm pretty sure I remember Jessa saying she picked Henry and Elliot.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Nice name, cute baby.

I'm just imagining Jessa introducing her children: "these are my kids: Ivy, Henry and SPURGEON."

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 34

Is Ivy Jane an abandonment of the “heroes of the Christian faith” theme?

Interested to see how Jessa is with a daughter after having two sons. Hope this girl never has to be a sister mom. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

Jill is seething.

She's pretty cute and looks exactly like Jessa. Love the name, I guess I got nothing to snark, lol.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

I thought she might have a girl. Cute name. 

It sucks to be a girl in the cult, so I do actually hope she has a sister (or two) she can have girly chats with. I remember the Duggar girls saying that they liked to have girly chats together in their room at night. 

• Upvote 6

Jessa posted about the birth on their blog. Pasted under the spoiler to save clicks.

Spoiler

Ivy Jane Seewald was welcomed into the world Sunday, May 26th. We were getting ready for church when my water broke, and we were thinking ‘Well, I guess we have a change of plans! After three and a half hours of labor, Ivy was born at 5:57pm. Her due date was June 5th, and since both of our boys went five days past their due date, we thought we would go late again. We were so surprised when she came two weeks earlier than her brothers. We definitely weren’t expecting that! Ivy was born at home weighing 7lbs 14oz and 20 1/2 inches long. She feels so tiny compared to her siblings! Spurgeon was born at nearly 10lbs, and Henry close to 9lbs. We’re so grateful to God for this precious gift. She is already so loved. Her big brothers adore her!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 31
  • Love 1

Her babies keep getting smaller and her labors shorter

i think she’ll have no trouble giving birth to a whole bunch of kids, even if they’re reasonably spaced out

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8

Only Manly boys are Christian warriors. Girls are Godly helpmeets who assist their men. It’s not unreasonable to say given their views girls don’t rate a missionary/church  hero name.  

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

Ugh. Have a funny anecdote but realized I can't share it without revealing too much personal information. Nevermind. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

It was like that when I started school in 1970. We learned to follow directions in workbooks, but they were about matching shapes and sizes and story progression and so forth, which led nicely to both the math and reading workbooks in 1st grade, which I still remember; they must have been pretty good to stand out so vividly in my mind. You can still find workbooks like that but they want you to use them for kids a year or two younger, which would be okay as supplement to the day instead of the main focus. Learning becomes inorganic when physical exploration is limited on behalf of paperwork, and it leads to imbalance. 

My son is in Senior Kindergarten (in Ontario). I like the two years of kindy we have here. Although at the same time - you start JK the year you turn four. So if you have a December birthday - you will be THREE when you start kindy. Which just seems so.... young. 

It's very play based, child led, teaching them how to function in school - in THEORY. His experience hasn't been quite like that, poor kiddo. BUT he's getting there. He's 6, he's a little behind developmentally - but he's getting there. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

I don't particularly like the name, but it's definitely better than I was expecting from them. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Ivy Jane sounds like a Bates name. But it's cute. But I wish they had been more thematic, I like theme names. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Guinn posted pics with Ivy and the background looks like a hospital or birthing center. Maybe they went to a birthing center or hospital after birthing at home just to get checked out?

7 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Ivy Jane sounds like a Bates name. But it's cute. But I wish they had been more thematic, I like theme names. 

I agree. Alyssa has an Allie Jane and Ivy is a nature name like Willow (Josie’s name choice).

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Count me in as being pleasantly surprised by the name!  I'm personally not super into Jane because I know a Jane who isn't the kindest towards me, but I think it goes nicely with Ivy.

• Upvote 2

@Curious @HerNameIsBuffy @Destiny Attention wonderful helpmeets: "Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane" for the thread title maybe?

I was told to remind the helpmeets so does this count? Thank you for all you do! 

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Guinn posted pics with Ivy and the background looks like a hospital or birthing center. Maybe they went to a birthing center or hospital after birthing at home just to get checked out?

*snip*

I wonder if it was because of another bleeding issue after the fact, or hopefully just a sensible precaution against that happening again.

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Her babies keep getting smaller and her labors shorter

i think she’ll have no trouble giving birth to a whole bunch of kids, even if they’re reasonably spaced out

I have a question for those in the US and still birthing babies. The last 3 Duggar and assoc. babies have all been born early (maybe even Gideon too...). IIRC, Jinger mentioned that she went to her MW with the concern of having a big baby based on the sizes of her sisters’  babies, and the MW ok’d an early induction. Is this a new practice? I have been out of nicu work for nearly 5 years and this practice at that time was very much frowned upon, as some of the sickest babies are those born near term 36-39 weeks, particularly in that 37-38 week range. I’m just wondering if this is a recent change in standard practice? If you go to your doctor or MW at 37 or 38 weeks because you are concerned about fetal size or your own comfort level while otherwise having a healthy pregnancy, would your HCP induce or strip membranes to initiate labor?

• Georgiana locked this topic