IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

24 minutes ago, outtheblue said:

My favorite Duggar baby name by far. Love it!

So do I. Its so normal and cute! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

A normal name, but having a girl so early in the birth order will help them if they want to go for sister moms and eleventy kids. Poor girl, growing up in such a toxic cult.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

She's a doll, and I love the name. Shocking.  I'm wondering if they waited till the hubub of Carlin's wedding weekend died down to announce, since she was born Sunday.  I thought she was having a girl, she looked so much smaller, and she went early this time. 

• Upvote 5

At least she's coming after 2 boys and isn't the firstborn. They were bound to have a girl eventually.

Interesting name choice - I love it, but idk how they came up with it. Ivy isn't biblical/Christian at all, although Jane does mean "gift of god" apparently?

• Upvote 14

So I don't want kids but always had a backup name just in case I ever changed my mind...it was Ivy!

I'm shocked by them choosing such a lovely name but kind of annoyed that my name choice ended up on a Duggarling! (or close enough to a Duggarling)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Could Jane be a nod to Jana? Don't know just thinking, maybe Jessa realize how much work Jana has put in raising all the babies a TTH

Or maybe she saw her as good role model for the baby?

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 9

My daughter used to have a little friend named Ivy, she was a red head, and covered in freckles and was just the cutest and sweetest little thing, she moved away when the girls were in 1st grade, I haven't seen them since, but I've loved the name Ivy since meeting that little girl. 

2 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Could Jane be a nod to Jana? Don't know just thinking, maybe Jessa realize how much work Jana has put in raising all the babies a TTH

Or maybe she saw her as good role model for the baby?

Probably not, I would think she'd just call her Ivy Jana then, they have no problems reusing the same name Garrett, James... over and over and over again.  I'm sure Benessa will give the reason, they usually do. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Eponine said:

So I don't want kids but always had a backup name just in case I ever changed my mind...it was Ivy!

I'm shocked by them choosing such a lovely name but kind of annoyed that my name choice ended up on a Duggarling! (or close enough to a Duggarling)

I like the name too.  It's been on my list as a great name for a kitten, especially one who likes to climb!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

I confess - I just got a new puppy and named her Ivy.  I'm in love with the name and I suck....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 7

Jane doesn’t surprise me at all. It goes with Jessa’s other name picks, Elliot and Henry. I just assume she likes names from Jane Austen novels ? Although Ivy is more surprising. 

• Upvote 18
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 2

I'm honestly not a fan of the name Ivy (I prefer longer girl names for first names), but I LOVE Jane, and overall, it is LIGHTYEARS better than what I anticipated from them. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I like Ivy, but poor SpurgBob, the only one with the ridiculous first name. 

• Upvote 27
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

I love the name Jane as both a 1st name and a middle name. I am definitely surprised we didn't get more of a Christian/biblical name them from them on their little girl. I mean they could have given her Grace as a middle name and gone with Ivy Grace and they didn't. I like Ivy Jane better. I am just a little surprised they toned their faith names down. 

• Upvote 12

Like the name choice they chose and it was not one I was expecting them to chose. I don't see them using a name like Spurgeon again for a first name.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I’ve speculated since Henry was born, that Jessa has decided not to go with the strange first names anymore. I really think he will always be the only one in that family. If there’s a weird name in the future, it will be the middle name. 

ETA: we see this in Heistheway’s family. All of her younger siblings have much more normal names. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 18

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jane doesn’t surprise me at all. It goes with Jessa’s other name picks, Elliot and Henry. I just assume she likes names from Jane Austen novels ? Although Ivy is more surprising. 

Those novels are too scandalous. There’s DANCING. With people you aren’t married to!! And Mr. Darcy’s wet shirt certainly stirs up desires thay cannot be righthously fulfilled.

Ivy is a cutie pie. She’s a baby so that’s to be expected. But sometimes newborns look a bit like squishy aliens.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

SpurgBob. I LOVE IT

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

I had a feeling the last couple days baby had arrived or was in the process. Part of me kind of thought they’d have another boy though!

Ivy really is a pretty name. At one point when I was a little kid and went through that ”I want to change my name!” phase, I picked Ivy! ?

• Upvote 4

Never liked the name Ivy, but it's normal and Duggars should be able to spell it on the first try.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 6

I'm surprised they didn't announce the jinder ahead of time if they knew it since it finally broke their boy spell. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Jane could be a cherished family name from Ben’s family. It could also be a name that goes nicely with Ivy, like it does. She’s a sweet looking baby. Wish the Seewalds would expand their horizons and veer away from fundimentalism. 

• Upvote 6

The thread was hot, so I immediatedly suspected BabyThree, and was right - except the thread was mostly hot because of school thread drift, and only the last hour or so baby ? 

How fitting for the home schooling Seewalds ;)

• Haha 5

I knew it. And from the one picture I’ve seen, it looks like a hospital room.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I knew it. And from the one picture I’ve seen, it looks like a hospital room.

The article said she gave birth at home.

• Upvote 16
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 2

• Georgiana locked this topic