IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

Actually he did wash her feet too so even if I still find it uncomfortable, strange ecc I'm at least happy that it was reciprocated  and I do understand the under meaning of the gesture.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, BeckaBoots said:

I am beyond shocked at this!! Can anyone explain why? Would he have washed her feet in return? 

Just NO!  Why, why, why?  ?

I’ve seen this at very non-fundie weddings too in the south. 

It’s humbling and an attempt to be Christ-like.  Has 0% to do with submission, gender roles etc. He definitely did it back, too. 

Not leg-humping, I just see this all the time at my friends weddings. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Looks like according to Instagram the Seewalds did not go to the wedding as the boys were watering Jana's garden. I don't blame her ...I wouldn't want to go that far from home so close to my due date 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think the Seewald account deleted feet washing picture. 

omg do you think someone could be lurking here and that's why they deleted it? or do we it was because of people's comment on the actual Instagram pic?

40 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

omg do you think someone could be lurking here and that's why they deleted it? or do we it was because of people's comment on the actual Instagram pic?

I think it was comments on the actual pic. But there have been lurkers here before. 

• Upvote 4

Why would they change their Instagram based on something we said here? Either they stand by their beliefs or they don’t, and prettying up their social media isn’t going to make us fine with Threewald being born into a cult.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

The Seewald parents' Instagram originally had a picture of Jessica washing her husbands' feet, but not a picture of him washing her feet. Even though I still find it icky and would never do that at a wedding (and would seriously side-eye the couple if I ever have to witness it at a wedding I attend), I'm glad it was at least a mutual thing and not a gesture of the woman's submission to her husband.

I'm relatively sure it was just in the Seewalds' stories, which expire after 24 hours. No deleting required.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

Jessica Seewald comes across as the smug, conservative when it suits her type - like that curly haired girl from Kent State that fetishizes guns.  I’m surprised she got away with wearing a dress that reveling.  I’m not a modest dresser,  but it just seemed over the top. I wonder what Jessa and family think of it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

You do realize that posts on this forum are public, right? No need even to lurk to read it! 

9 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

This tumblr has the photos. Both washed each others feet and it the photos were originally on a family members public facebook page. I don't think they were ever on a Seewalds insta unless I missed that somewhere.

https://dugglife.tumblr.com/post/184997842784/so-i-found-some-pictures-from-jessica-seewalds#notes

The bridesmaids’ expressions during the foot washing say it all ?

• Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

You do realize that posts on this forum are public, right? No need even to lurk to read it! 

Of course I realize that. I was just simply speculating on their reasoning of deleting that picture. In retrospect I don’t think that my comment was very productive or contributory to the discussion, but I still wonder how many fans read here since it is a public forum! ?

19 hours ago, MamaMia02 said:

Looks like according to Instagram the Seewalds did not go to the wedding as the boys were watering Jana's garden. I don't blame her ...I wouldn't want to go that far from home so close to my due date 

Jessica’s wedding was May 18th and the photo of the boys was from yesterday, a week later. Additionally, Jessa was a Bridesmaid. You could see her in the background of the photo where Jessica was washing her husband's feet during the ceremony. 

• Thank You 2

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:
20 hours ago, MamaMia02 said:

Jessica’s wedding was May 18th and the photo of the boys was from yesterday, a week later. Additionally, Jessa was a Bridesmaid. You could see her in the background of the photo where Jessica was washing her husband's feet during the ceremony. 

I think MamaMia meant Jessa didn't go to Carlin's wedding, at least that's what I thought she meant. So many weddings, so many babies, so many pregnancies... it's hard to keep up with only pronouns.

Edited by Bobology
clarification
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, bal maiden said:

The bridesmaids’ expressions during the foot washing say it all ?

Oh can someone please post it again? I was so grossed out by the feet thing that’s all I saw. Wasn’t it one of those 24 hour Instagram things. 

Also someone needs to make that pic their new avatar. It might make people heave more than my one does. 

Edit. Saw the reddit link to pics. Didn’t look all that hard again. Got sick ? had to close the pic. 

Still stand by the avatar. Wish it was a better pic of jessa blessa she was not keen on it from what I can see 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Oops should read all before commenting

5 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

A Duggar watching TV in the wild. One very very small step for Duggarkind. 

B29AA57C-9629-4B89-9D72-41961DC04261.png

Not really. We know some of the others watch television too. It seems to be less of a thing for this type of Fundie to watch certain types of shows and movies now then it used to be. 

• Upvote 6

The Duggar children have always watched approved wholesome TV and Movies. They enjoy Little House, Andy Griffith and the Like.

• Upvote 7

I know I'm late to the "starting school ages" discussion, but wanted to add to it. Our first is due Sept 4. With my sister's history, there's a 2/3 chance he'll be induced a month early due to BP issues (I've already had some slight elevation), and my sister and I were both born early, 20 and 10 days respectively. Even if this munchkin comes on time, I already know there's a 99% chance we will wait until he is nearly 6 before starting. He'd be right around the cutoff point and a concern for me will be size - I'm about average (mom and sister both shorter than average by 2-5 inches) and my husband is not quite as tall as me. He and his brother were adopted/not biologically related and he is three years older than his brother, but in a lot of photos from his childhood he looks younger than his brother. So this kiddo is very likely to be small compared to his peers. Never bothered my husband, but it can lead to a lot more social issues and teasing/bullying.  

But more important than the size though is the consideration of middle school. My mom was a 6th grade teacher and has frequent contact with other retired and currently active teachers, including the one who replaced her and we had a long discussion about this when we saw her last year (because my nephew is turning 5 this summer). That teacher kept her twins born in April back a year because she sees the shift that happens around 6th grade - it's when the higher pressure stakes for standardized testing really picks up and younger kids that have thrived before can start to fall behind.

Because of the (ridiculous IMO) testing standards in the US that are requiring kids to deal with things that are beyond their developmental levels (requiring Algebra topics in 6th grade is insane), the younger ones in general can struggle quite a bit more once they get to Middle School even if they were fine previously. I was young for my grade and thrived, but I also know that a lot has changed since I was in school. A LOT. So I'm going to consider the judgement of current teachers above my own experience for this. If he was ready for Kindergarten, but then fell really behind five years later, the social implications for being held back are huge at that age. Or even just not keeping up with friends that he used to be on the same level as previously. My perspective is that is better to have them over-ready in the beginning but at the right level later - there is no doubt that we will find ways for kiddo to be challenged in the younger years outside of school, so he'll be ok. And like a few other said, they have so little time any more to be kids, I'm ok with an extra year before everything starts moving forward. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I can't believe I am going to go down the rabbit hole and say I think it has to do with partnering in life. 

I also can't believe that I think it's sweet because it shows each other what you are willing to do in a partner. 

I am so sorry for thinking these sweet things but it's a stressful time and they pulled me into the rabbit hole of Ben's bicep all over again 

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

On 5/25/2019 at 9:20 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

I don't think they care at all whether we approve of them. I can't see them scrambling to substitute a picture that we might like.

• Upvote 2

Threewald will soon be here! Where has the time gone? 

Ick! Foot washing. Jessica has always been smug. I find it very gross, but it's not about me. I've never seen feet washing at a wedding, not sure how it would go over! But to each their own, I guess. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jessica has always been smug. I find it very gross, but it's not about me. I've never seen feet washing at a wedding, not sure how it would go over! But to each their own, I guess. 

I didn't know anything about her until Jessa had Spurgeon and she posted that she was an aunt with blue writing on Instagram, that is bad announcing in normal circumstances but Jessa was In hospital bleeding and kept the gender private so that her and Ben could announce it.  That made me dislike her before I even knew anymore about her

The feet washing thing to me is just strange and I've never heard of anyone doing it where I live.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I find the feet washing highly disturbing. Is it about submission? Very unhealthy specially in a wedding. What kind of bride is ok with that? It sounds very Pearl.

Is she the policewoman? I find frightening that people like her have jobs where they can easily abuse others. I'm not saying she does!!! But if someone holds strange beliefs about power and inequality, their place should NOT be in a police station.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

I have had this odd feeling that maybe SeeWee3 has already been born. Henry watering Jana’s garden, SES hanging out with the auntie, no mention of congrats to Carlin and Evan...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic