IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

Wow! I was expecting Jessa to go late again. 

I don't love the name, personally, but anything is better than Spurgeon. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Jessa let Ben name the baby and he did, then it was all "YOU HAD ONE JOB" and that was the end of it. 

That’s what I really don’t get, though. I assume expecting parents always discuss name options and it’s not like: “You think of a name and I’ll find out once the baby’s born and the birth certificate’s filled out”

Also, even if we assume Ben demanded to name Spurgeon himself, didn’t Jessa have any veto rights? The idea she must have hated it as much as we do seems... like our projektion maybe? 

Point is, the only scenario that makes sense to me is that initially, they were both ok with Spurgeon but learned later on. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

the hospital I deliver at scheduled induction or C-sections at exactly 39 weeks. They won't do any earlier unless there's a medical need but if there is a reason why you might need an induction or C-section they want to do it as quickly as possible. Both mine and a good friend of mine were scheduled for Sunday mornings due to this. It does make me feel like the doctors are not doing it for convenience.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

For all of you that love name and statistiche there is a new blog on tumblr dedicate to name and statistic is duggar names 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, xenobia said:

..and on a sidenote, it took about 10 minutes after the announcement until the wikipedia page was updated with Ivy Janes birth :) There are at least one very quick Duggar-Wiki-fan out there! 

Meanwhile SiRen's pregnancy still isn't wiki official

• Upvote 1

Cute baby, normal name, poor Spurgie. They really need to start calling that kid Elliot.

• I Agree 22
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Alright, so how many more of the grandDuggar class of 2019 will be girls?

I think Kendra is having a girl. Anna and Joy are having boys. And not quite sure about Lauren yet.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yep. Jessa mentioned that in one of the comments in her ig.

im glad they didn’t wait a billion years to announce the name like with the other two

Don’t they only do that with the boys so they can do the (not quite kosher, heh) 8th day naming and bris?

Ivy Jane is a great name. Really pretty.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoytotheWorld said:

I think Kendra is having a girl. Anna and Joy are having boys. And not quite sure about Lauren yet.

They had 6 grandsons in a row. So now maybe they will have 6 granddaughters in a row. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Cute baby, normal name, poor Spurgie. They really need to start calling that kid Elliot.

Wouldn’t it flow much better: Elliot, Henry and Ivy? I’ve mentioned this before. My brother has 3 boys in a 3 year time span. The oldest and youngest have traditional, family names (think Charles and Edward) as does my brother, and the middle boy has a very feminine, more trendy name (think Stacy or Kelly). Yes, I know that those names used to be used for males.

Sad it's a girl, but two normal names in a row.  I think Jessa struggled with Spurgeon.  Maybe the deal was if Ben got his way with the first, she'd be allowed to name the rest. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

In the normal world "your first little girl!" is such a weird thing to say about a couple's third child.  Jana clearly expects them to have a bunch of kids. 

I don't think so, it IS their 1st little girl, and odds are they WILL have more kids. I remember someone saying something similar to me when my DD was born, she said "ah your 1st daughter" and I replied "and my last", and we both laughed. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I just realized she was born on Grandma Mary’s birthday and Joy’s anniversary. She was due June 5th isn’t that one of the M’s birthdays?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Looks she was born in a hospital. 

*gets on soapbox* 

Spurgie name is perfectly fine. As someone with a long strange nature themed (Thanks hippy parents), I have come to adore my name and learned that no one forgets you or your name.  I've had more issues with being hired from hard of hearing then then having the name Chrysanthemum.

*gets off soapbox*

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Longhairedheathen said:

*gets on soapbox* 

Spurgie name is perfectly fine. As someone with a long strange nature themed (Thanks hippy parents), I have come to adore my name and learned that no one forgets you or your name.  I've had more issues with being hired from hard of hearing then then having the name Chrysanthemum.

*gets off soapbox*

She wasn’t born in a hospital. But it looks like they went to a hospital or birthing center at some point after she was born. 

• Upvote 6

Dammit kid, why you do me this way? I was bedbound for four days and you could have come at any point then, when I had jack to do. Now I’m functioning and you arrive. Typical. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

9 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

I just realized she was born on Grandma Mary’s birthday and Joy’s anniversary. She was due June 5th isn’t that one of the M’s birthdays?

I admit that if my daughter was unexpectedly born on my grandmother’s birthday, I would have a strong urge to name her after her. Like Ivy MaryJane. But that would make Ben and Jessa sound like potheads ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

6 minutes ago, Longhairedheathen said:

*gets on soapbox* 

*gets off soapbox*

I adore your name. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Meggo said:

My son is in Senior Kindergarten (in Ontario). I like the two years of kindy we have here. Although at the same time - you start JK the year you turn four. So if you have a December birthday - you will be THREE when you start kindy. Which just seems so.... young. 

It's very play based, child led, teaching them how to function in school - in THEORY. His experience hasn't been quite like that, poor kiddo. BUT he's getting there. He's 6, he's a little behind developmentally - but he's getting there. 

My son was 3 when he started JK in Ontario.  I felt so sad for him but he was okay.  The biggest hurdle was getting him fully toilet trained before he started school.

• Upvote 3

I've known a few women who swear the third labor is always what you least expect. If you're used to long labors and over due babies...that the third baby will be in a rush. And vice versa. Obviously a case of YMMV but it was definitely true this time and I'm not too shocked. 

I'm kinda neutral towards the name. I don't hate it but I can't claim it's a favorite. And no offense to Spurgeon but for personal reasons, I'm extremely glad his first name is not Elliot. Sorry, Spurgeon. :lol:

Edited by Silas
wrong emoji oops
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Georgiana locked this topic