IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, Kangaroo said:

Oh look, it's Michelle's new favourite grandchild. Felicity had a good run.

Ivy will have approximately 5 months of being the favourite. The next grandchildren won't be so lucky! :) 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

Ivy is a nice name! I had it on my list of possible future kid names. 

I know that there is absolutely no way to tell the gender based solely on appearance, but I am totally caught off guard, haha. I thought the baby would be a boy named Superman John Calvin or something like that. 

Was it really a home birth? Looks like it could be a hospital room but I am sure we’ll find out soon enough. Baby looks good. Hope Jessa did okay/is okay now.

Ivy is a cute baby with a cute name. I can only hope she’ll have more opportunities then her Mom and aunts. That’s putting it mildly, of course.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have a question for those in the US and still birthing babies. The last 3 Duggar and assoc. babies have all been born early (maybe even Gideon too...). IIRC, Jinger mentioned that she went to her MW with the concern of having a big baby based on the sizes of her sisters’  babies, and the MW ok’d an early induction. Is this a new practice? I have been out of nicu work for nearly 5 years and this practice at that time was very much frowned upon, as some of the sickest babies are those born near term 36-39 weeks, particularly in that 37-38 week range. I’m just wondering if this is a recent change in standard practice? If you go to your doctor or MW at 37 or 38 weeks because you are concerned about fetal size or your own comfort level while otherwise having a healthy pregnancy, would your HCP induce or strip membranes to initiate labor?

I follow a former fashion blogger who is currently an OBGYN resident and pregnant with her first baby. She is getting induced at 39 weeks partially due to scheduling issues (she and her husband are both residents) but she has also cited a study claiming that 39 week inductions show favourable outcomes in avoiding c-sections. I haven't read the study myself, so that is the extent of my knowledge, but maybe the research is changing?  Although for the Duggars, I believe Felicity was the only induction, the rest have come on their own on a pretty average timeline. 

• Thank You 5

Cute name!

I wonder if they had some deal where initially (before the first baby) Ben would get to name the first son and Jessa would get to name the first daughter and then they'd alternate after.  So that's why Henry and Ivy got 'normal' names that kind of go together while Spurgeon is totally out of the ballpark.  Guess we'll see if they have another girl who gets an oddball name (or if boy #3 gets another oddball name).

Alright, so how many more of the grandDuggar class of 2019 will be girls?

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

@Curious @HerNameIsBuffy @Destiny Attention wonderful helpmeets: "Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane" for the thread title maybe?

I was told to remind the helpmeets so does this count? Thank you for all you do! 

Thanks!  I’ll make new thread when I get home  if no one beats me to it.

i can comment on my phone but trying to make new threads is torture on mobile.

• Thank You 1

Jessa worries me since the bleeding issue and with her shody "midwife" team.

I'm not crazy about the name Ivy but together with Jane is sounds cute. I am curious if Jessa will go super girly with her outfits. I hope she gets to play in the dirt with her brothers even if its with a big old handband.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

An easy (relatively) delivery and healthy baby is good news and I like the name. I feel somewhat hopeful she will be less controlled than the Duggar girls were growing up. I know the division of gender roles will be reinforced. But the Seewalds seem to let their kids explore and play way more than Jessa and her siblings were allowed to (no blanket training). Hopefully Ivy gets to have a real childhood. And kids every 2 years will mean way fewer than Michelle had...probably only 12 at the absolute maximum. So hopefully there will never be an overwhelming sister mom responsibility as Jessa will have fewer little kids at any given time than Michelle had.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 5/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, neurogirl said:

Threewald announced 132 days along 

I know I'm late to this comment, but I can't stop laughing currently lol

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have a question for those in the US and still birthing babies. The last 3 Duggar and assoc. babies have all been born early (maybe even Gideon too...). IIRC, Jinger mentioned that she went to her MW with the concern of having a big baby based on the sizes of her sisters’  babies, and the MW ok’d an early induction. Is this a new practice? I have been out of nicu work for nearly 5 years and this practice at that time was very much frowned upon, as some of the sickest babies are those born near term 36-39 weeks, particularly in that 37-38 week range. I’m just wondering if this is a recent change in standard practice? If you go to your doctor or MW at 37 or 38 weeks because you are concerned about fetal size or your own comfort level while otherwise having a healthy pregnancy, would your HCP induce or strip membranes to initiate labor?

I was scheduled to be induced with both of my babies, but mainly due to gestational diabetes. With my first I was scheduled for 40+2 but she came on her own the day before. With my second I was scheduled a bit earlier, at 39+5, due to his size. Body frame more than weight. He was 8lbs 8oz but his head and shoulders at my last ultrasound were measuring ahead. Those measurements can sometimes be off (Hence why I think a lot of doctors won't scheduled an induction due primarily to baby size. You can think you have an 8 pounder but end up having a 7 pounder.) but with him it was spot on. Huge head and shoulders. I don't know if my doctor would have scheduled the induction without my additional complication of GD, though. In the new pregnancy packet that they gave me I remember reading that they won't induce before 40 weeks in an otherwise healthy pregnancy.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

..and on a sidenote, it took about 10 minutes after the announcement until the wikipedia page was updated with Ivy Janes birth :) There are at least one very quick Duggar-Wiki-fan out there! 

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Cute name!

I wonder if they had some deal where initially (before the first baby) Ben would get to name the first son and Jessa would get to name the first daughter and then they'd alternate after.  So that's why Henry and Ivy got 'normal' names that kind of go together while Spurgeon is totally out of the ballpark.  Guess we'll see if they have another girl who gets an oddball name (or if boy #3 gets another oddball name).

Alright, so how many more of the grandDuggar class of 2019 will be girls?

I think it's either that they were super young and zealous with Spurgeon and didn't think about how that name was likely to stand the test of time; learned from Spurgeon that unique names can sometimes be more trouble than they're worth; or Ben filled out the BC while Jessa was incapacitated after Spurgeon's birth and she's since put her foot down/had more of a say in filling out the naming paperwork.  

Either way, a lot of fundies would have doubled down, and we might have Heistheway Seewald...but at least Ben and Jessa had the humility to change course.  And I sort of like how they gently changed course with Henry Wilberforce so that at least Spurgeon doesn't completely stick out like a sore thumb. 

Ivy Jane is nice.  I wonder if the Jane is for Jane Grey (since Fundies tend to adore her)? 

• Upvote 14

Joy posted a pic with lots of baby hair. Hopefully she won’t put huge bows on her head since she’s got a lot of hair. 

15FE216B-79E4-42AD-A1A0-BA6706BC2E56.jpeg

• Upvote 18

Ivy Jane is cute even if it's not my style. I think it will be very interesting to see jessa interact with a daughter. I think there's a possibility to tell far more about their beliefs, parenting, etc from them having a daughter than sons.

I'm very girly so I would dress a daughter girly  too until she was old enough to pick out her own clothes so the bows and such don't bother me but I do hope she lets her play in the mud with her brothers. There's many pictures of me growing g up with my nails painted, big bows, and dresses while fishing, camping, hunting, and four wheeling with my brother. 

• Upvote 12

I forgot/blocked out that Henry's middle name is Wilberforce. I'm waiting for a Duggar to steal Kim Kardashians latest baby name of Psalm.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joy posted a pic with lots of baby hair. Hopefully she won’t put huge bows on her head since she’s got a lot of hair. 

I love babies, she is so sweet, those cheeks, and the little nose. Freaking hateful cult, makes me feel bad about a squidgy widdle ball of cute. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Very sweet! That’s a tiny Jessa right there! Looked like Henry the Darling cherub is the only towhead So far.

In the normal world "your first little girl!" is such a weird thing to say about a couple's third child.  Jana clearly expects them to have a bunch of kids. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 15

I truly thought this child was going to get saddled with a real whopper of a name after Spurgeon and Henry Wilberforce but wow! I actually really like Ivy Jane. Very classy, very normal. Hopefully this trend continues

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I like the name Ivy Jane, but I agree with other posters that she didn't "rate" a Christian hero name.  Girls in their religion are just supposed to be pretty decorations, unfortunately.  Poor Ivy Jane, first of her name, first servant to the Seewald bunch.  (nod to Game of Thrones).

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I like the name Ivy Jane, but I agree with other posters that she didn't "rate" a Christian hero name.  Girls in their religion are just supposed to be pretty decorations, unfortunately.  Poor Ivy Jane, first of her name, first servant to the Seewald bunch.  (nod to Game of Thrones).

If you think about it, Jessa’s parents did something similar when naming their children. Almost all the boys got biblical names. While the girls got names like Jinger or Jana (not biblical).

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

That's why I hope that the Jane is for Jane Grey, who is considered a Christian Hero by many people in their circles.  And while her end was tragic and shows just how terribly an incompetent patriarch can harm an obedient daughter, she was otherwise quite well educated, accomplished, and brave.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She looks just like newborn Spurgeon here:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3aa9407dc8d536545984883d87a9510f.png

18 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I forgot/blocked out that Henry's middle name is Wilberforce. I'm waiting for a Duggar to steal Kim Kardashians latest baby name of Psalm.

Lol I guessed Psalm for both this baby and Henry.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• Georgiana locked this topic