IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

I'm going guess if it is a girl her name will be Miriam Grace. It would go well with Henry, old fashion and it's biblical. 

32 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm going guess if it is a girl her name will be Miriam Grace. It would go well with Henry, old fashion and it's biblical. 

I'd go with Piper Lauren. more often then not a fundy first daughter gets her mother's middle name and they go with people they talk about a lot and I know they talk about that Piper guy a lot. I also think they would leave Miriam for an M child.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I'd go with Piper Lauren. more often then not a fundy first daughter gets her mother's middle name and they go with people they talk about a lot and I know they talk about that Piper guy a lot. I also think they would leave Miriam for an M child.

If they do that child will be Piper Halliwell in my head, no matter what her middle name.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 6

We are not sure it's a girl I hope!

I am voting for RIchard Watson (Seewald)  -   theologian from the 1700's

• Upvote 1

When the baby is born the thread title needs to say Threewald is here. I forget who coined that term but I love it so much.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 21
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

We are not sure it's a girl I hope!

I am voting for RIchard Watson (Seewald)  -   theologian from the 1700's

no no clue what the next four granduggars will be I'm leaning towards boy for Jessa we know they know but aren't saying per usual. Austin and joy will probably wait until birth again, Anna and Kendra will find out and announce before baby is born. it would be crazy if they were all boys though that would make 

13 boys and only three girls. 

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

When the baby is born the thread title needs to say Threewald is here. I forget who coined that term but I love it so much.

Try to remember to post it in the thread that will change for whomever is around making new threads.

• Upvote 4

I'm super confused as to why they didn't just name Spurgeon Charles. But I guess if they did, people wouldn't ask about the name and they wouldn't be able to explain the 'special meaning'.

I'm leaning toward boy for Threewald… and I see a member of Jim Elliot's ill-fated mission trip was named Theophilus. Theophilus Seewald? :think:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

At least Theophilus ( how is that pronounced?) can be shortened to Theo which is a handsome stand alone name. When Jessa calls Spurgeon ' Spurgie' it always sounds rude ( IMO). 

Edited by Gobsmacked
Added a bit
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

20 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I think there is a typo in the new title— it’s Seewald with a double E. 

Thanks - I should have stopped with the new threads when I got sleepy!  Fixing it now.

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

I don't know why, but I feel an Eleanor coming for them. Or Clementine. Something super old and hipsterish.  I can't come up with anything for a boy though...

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

I don't know why, but I feel an Eleanor coming for them. Or Clementine. Something super old and hipsterish.  I can't come up with anything for a boy though...

no no no they can't ruin Eleanor  they already got to Henry 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Theophilus means “God-lover” and was also who the books of Luke and Acts were originally written to (as letters), so it would certainly appeal to a Duggar.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I think it was the blatant stealing of Henry that made me think, "fine. You wanna use all the good names, here's the rest, name thief." I pouted when she named that cute little dude Henry, mostly because I was pregnant, and that name was mine dammit! ( She turned out to be female, so I am okay. Lmao)

3 minutes ago, Smee said:

Theophilus means “God-lover” and was also who the books of Luke and Acts were originally written to (as letters), so it would certainly appeal to a Duggar.

It also sounds like a sexually transmitted disease so it appeals to my 12 year old maturity level.

• Haha 15
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

I think it was the blatant stealing of Henry that made me think, "fine. You wanna use all the good names, here's the rest, name thief." I pouted when she named that cute little dude Henry, mostly because I was pregnant, and that name was mine dammit! ( She turned out to be female, so I am okay. Lmao)

It also sounds like a sexually transmitted disease so it appeals to my 12 year old maturity level.

so far I've been uber upset by Henry and a little miffed by Meredith. the rest I haven't really cared about. though I do like Felicity it's never really been on my list. so far no bates names except maybe Willow have came close to my list. (Okay that's a lie I love Charles but he's called Carson so I can let that one go. LOL)

• Haha 3

I'm not going to say which one, but one of the families named their son the exact same name I named mine two weeks earlier, and I made a face about it... okay it was Spurgeon. ( Not really)

• Haha 25

My daughter’s name is Piper and we often meet other kids with that name at the park, library, etc. So since it seems like it’s pretty trendy now I don’t know if they’d want to use it. It’s not unique like Spurgeon or Wilberforce. (Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part. I certainly hope no one I meet thinks I named my daughter after John Piper!)

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

I'm not going to say which one, but one of the families named their son the exact same name I named mine two weeks earlier, and I made a face about it... okay it was Spurgeon. ( Not really)

Dennis Miller did that to me.  I still haven't forgiven him.

5 minutes ago, Cate32 said:

My daughter’s name is Piper and we often meet other kids with that name at the park, library, etc. So since it seems like it’s pretty trendy now I don’t know if they’d want to use it. It’s not unique like Spurgeon or Wilberforce. (Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part. I certainly hope no one I meet thinks I named my daughter after John Piper!)

I love the name Piper ....I can't imagine most people would have any idea of the fundy connotation.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

like exact same first and middle because that would really suck

10 minutes ago, Cate32 said:

with the Seewalds you never know where they are going to go I mean they did use Henry so they have nothing against popular names but no I don't think anyone would ever think you named your child after that man. 

Yep. First and middle. It's not really spurgeon but I named my son after my father, and not two weeks later, a duggar grandchild was born and gifted with this great name, and I turned into a salty shrew for no reason over it.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

like exact same first and middle because that would really suck

with the Seewalds you never know where they are going to go I mean they did use Henry so they have nothing against popular names but no I don't think anyone would ever think you named your child after that man. 

I know Henry is popular but I was just thinking of the names they used that were named after people.  Maybe someone will let them know that Piper is a character name on Charmed and Orange is the New Black lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

^^ I see a future arm wrestle between Ben and pilot JD over who gets to use this name for their first daughter.

• Haha 12

• Georgiana locked this topic