IGNORED

Seewalds 40 - Threewald is Here! Ivy Jane

HerNameIsBuffy

My mom sent me a year early and that was a good thing in my case. Physically speaking I was tiny but the kids I liked to play with in kindergarden were usually older. They did test me before they let me go to elementary school.

I still ended up being bored in school and took college level classes by the time I was 15 (got along with the college kids a lot better as well - I have to agree being the best in your class usually isn't a good thing socially).

Skipped a lot of classes in school - thankfully my mother was OK with that. I do think if they held me back until I was 6, I would have dropped out of school at some point - that happens quite a lot - not because you can't keep up with the workload as most assume - you're just bored out of your mind.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think it would help if states had similar cut off dates to start K. I know one state that the cut off is August 1st, others where it is Jan 1st, that is 5 months, and a big deal at that age.  Our state cut off is Sept 15th, my bday is August 30th, everyone who had a birthday after me, in my grade was held back, so I was a year younger or close to than than many of my classmates. and it did make a huge difference in my emotional development, and my learning curve.

FF to when my friends and I have school age kids.  My kids were born in Late November and late February, I  never had to worry about when to start them. My friend has a son who graduated with my DD  he has an early June birthday, she is a teacher she started him on time, but teachers suggested he repeat kindergarten because he was very emotionally immature and was preforming at a preKindergarten level. She refused, it was again suggested he be held back in 1st and 2nd and 3rd and they gave up, and got the kid an IEP and he limped through school graduated with a 1.8 GP and didn't get into any schools and isn't sure what to do with his life.  If they had held him back he might have had more opportunity.  My friend on the other had who has a dd a year old than that boy was help back because MOM wasn't ready to let her go.  She wound up dropping out because she hated school she was older, her home life sucked and she just wanted away from all of it.  If they'd let her start she'd have most likely graduated. 

I agree that schools should all have similar cutoff dates. Our district is August 1st while the district my husband went to school in was December 31st! 

• Upvote 2

I think I was 5 and a half when I started kindergarten. 2 weeks later I was bounced to 1st grade. They wanted to bump me all the way to 3rd grade but my parents said no. I was undoubtedly the youngest kid in the class (I graduated 2 months after my 17th birthday). Life was a fucking train wreck. 

Kid 1 started kindergarten at not quite 5 (December cut off, October birthday). Kid 2 started at 5 (September cut off, April birthday). Kid 3 was held back a year for bullshit reasons. He was small, he wouldn't give the answers they were looking for when doing the kindergarten testing. The cut off was July 1 and he had a late June b-day. 

I'm all in favor of doing some preliminary testing to see if your kid is ready for kindergarten. But, testing doesn't give the whole picture...

• Upvote 5

The rule where I live is “must be 5 or older by July 31st” and “must be enrolled by their 6th birthday”. The school year ends just before Christmas (starts last couple of days of Jan), so anyone born late December can be enrolled in school to start the February after they turn 6. Meaning on the first day of kindergarten, the oldest child barring special exception rules (which do exist too) could be 6y1m and the youngest could be 4y6m.

And while it’s become much more common to now have the 6y1m kids, and much less common to have the 4y6m kids, both are allowed without special considerations and both do happen. It seems like a huge range to me. (FWIW, my kids are/will be 5y2m, 4y11m and 5y4m - the middle one is considered “young” for her year even though she’s actually months younger than the cutoff and waiting an extra year would have made her one of the oldest.)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Announced to family, I could see anyone who conceived in April still waiting to announce publicly.  But knowing how careful Jessa is with her online presences, she would have most likely said something like "with all of us due this year" and not given a number if Abbie, Jill or Jinger were pregnant as well. 

Jessa could pop and the other three could still announce before the end of the year, due 2020 though. But they could still end up with seven pregnant at once... which is scary!
  • Upvote 4

I just checked where we are moving and possibly Littlest Outta will start school. They seem to have gotten a stricter about starting school late. They have procedure for starting at 5 already and instructions on what is done, but to start at 7 it is very vague and worded as to sound like it is very special circumstances only. Littlest Outta is only just turned one, but I am already concerned about him starting school. He will likely be one of the youngest in his class (May birthday with an August 1st complete cutoff, which in my experience meant the "could kids" not the "must kids" which was closer to June, of course this could have changed in the last 10 years). He is very baby still at an age where it seems other kids are progressing faster or are farther at things. Of course I know this all has time to change, but those few years go very fast and before that it Kindergarten (pre-school) starting at 3 or rather wait until 4. We were just told that the area we are moving to we already need to find a Kindergarten and register him as soon as we get there...to start in 2021. That is crazy and I have no way of knowing if he will be ready by then. My SIL had to register her son for the Kindergarten near there home before he was even born, and now it turns out they are moving. It is getting out of hand.

• Love 2

Jessa’s 38 weeks so even though she’s gone overdue before, Threewald could conceivably arrive tomorrow. A photoshoot of all the pregnant women together seems like a nice idea in theory, but the others are all due at the end of the year and probably hardly showing yet (especially if there’s any more who haven’t announced). If they waited until after Threewald is born and the others are third trimester, they’d get a better picture and potentially still have 5 anyway if Abbie or Jill get knocked up.

Of course, they’ll probably do that too. Any excuse for a photoshoot when your only purpose in life is to look pretty and incubate the cult’s next generation.

Also, was it really only 6 weeks ago that Jessa was the only confirmed pregnant Duggar?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Smee said:

Jessa’s 38 weeks so even though she’s gone overdue before, Threewald could conceivably arrive tomorrow. A photoshoot of all the pregnant women together seems like a nice idea in theory, but the others are all due at the end of the year and probably hardly showing yet (especially if there’s any more who haven’t announced). If they waited until after Threewald is born and the others are third trimester, they’d get a better picture and potentially still have 5 anyway if Abbie or Jill get knocked up.

Of course, they’ll probably do that too. Any excuse for a photoshoot when your only purpose in life is to look pretty and incubate the cult’s next generation.

Also, was it really only 6 weeks ago that Jessa was the only confirmed pregnant Duggar?

They will probably have multiple photoshoots.

The one with 5 is for now, they do not want to take a risk that Jill and/or Abbie and/or Jinger is not pregnant before October and that they have to wait another 1,5 year or something before they have 5+ pregnant bellies in a row.

And then they are probably hoping for a 6+ photo for fall with two of the other three girls there and otherwise they will just take a picture with 4 very pregnant bellies.

The more photo opportunities, the better.

• Upvote 10

Oh, I’m sure there will be a ton of pictures of this group. There will probably be a lot of pictures taken of the babies all born around the same time through the years too. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Don't worry joy has already popped, Lauren is starting to show, Anna I think will show too since this is her 6 pregnancy, the only one how could not so big could be Kendra. Anyway I'm pretty sure there will be tons of photos at least of the four due in the fall and probably by the time they will.be in the 3rd trimester jill or Abby or Jinger will be pregnant too

• I Agree 2

11 hours ago, Smee said:

It was a simpler time, wasn't it?

We were so naive then...

#duggarpalooza2019

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 30

On 5/20/2019 at 1:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is this a boyfriend? I don’t recognize him. 

18F8E9F6-FEA3-4B6D-8297-D5A76F31F0DD.jpeg

Good heavens, the boy looks like a Naugler to me.

13 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Good heavens, the boy looks like a Naugler to me.

If a Naugler got a haircut, shaved, got an actual suit and a pair of dress shoes, then I agree. He looks like a Naugler.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Smee said:

Oh god thank you! im like hang on, how is she 38 weeks already, surely its only been weeks since she announced. Not going crazy, woohoo!

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

Oh god thank you! im like hang on, how is she 38 weeks already, surely its only been weeks since she announced. Not going crazy, woohoo!

Oh no, she announced months ago, I meant that we went from 1 pregnant Duggar (as far as we knew) to 5 + Amy in the space of less than 6 weeks.

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Oh no, she announced months ago, I meant that we went from 1 pregnant Duggar (as far as we knew) to 5 + Amy in the space of less than 6 weeks.

Oh well crazy it is! You could have pretended though LOL i kid i kid

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

It may be just me, but I do also feel like Jessa announced Seewald #3 kinda late, and suddenly. It's like they waited until they knew they couldn't hide it before saying anything, and they didn't drop any hints prior. If Jessa had a history of miscarrying then it'd be one thing. But she doesn't, so I'm a little confused?

46 minutes ago, agentshade said:

It may be just me, but I do also feel like Jessa announced Seewald #3 kinda late, and suddenly. It's like they waited until they knew they couldn't hide it before saying anything, and they didn't drop any hints prior. If Jessa had a history of miscarrying then it'd be one thing. But she doesn't, so I'm a little confused?

I think she waited to announce as long as possible to spare Lauren's feelings since they were due at the same time.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, agentshade said:

The cynic in me says it was to do with the timing of the show (didn’t she release the news just before the season started?) but jm2c’s reason is nicer.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Smee said:

The cynic in me says it was to do with the timing of the show (didn’t she release the news just before the season started?) but jm2c’s reason is nicer.

If are referring to Jessa then no  she announce in January just before the season end. Lauren and Jessa was due at the same time, but then Lauren miscarried and Jessa waited a little but more to announce 

• Upvote 2

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Palimpsest said:

:fainting:

To me a "red shirt" is a Star Trek character who is killed <2 minutes into an episode.

I remember when I realized Juliet was wearing a red shirt on LOST, and yes she was killed off. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

If are referring to Jessa then no  she announce in January just before the season end. Lauren and Jessa was due at the same time, but then Lauren miscarried and Jessa waited a little but more to announce 

Jessa usually waits to announce till at least after the first trimester, that being said she probably still took Lauren into consideration before announcing. Jessa did post about how bad she felt being pregnant and due around at the same time as Lauren was.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Jessa usually waits to announce till at least after the first trimester, that being said she probably still took Lauren into consideration before announcing. Jessa did post about how bad she felt being pregnant and due around at the same time as Lauren was.

They were actually due the same day. I believe Jessa or Lauren stated that at some point. That might have made it tougher for both couples to an extent. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Duggar Data actually looked at this, and found that according to Jessa's admittedly very small sample size for announcing, Threewald was announced 1.4 SDs later than predicted. So mayyyyybe she waited on purpose due to Lauren. But her announcements have been later each time.

Spurgeon announced 86 days along

Henry announced 117 days along

Threewald announced 132 days along

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/183846539346/revisited-did-jessa-ben-wait-to-announce

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 10

On 5/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, 19tacos&counting said:

Bens sister Jessica got married this weekend in a very non fundie dress. Jessa was in the wedding party ( last one on the left) 

FA40827C-CBBC-49FD-9A0F-6FB4BFA6006A.png

F0D01006-CE79-4511-96E7-AAB47BD2DD48.png

I am beyond shocked at this!! Can anyone explain why? Would he have washed her feet in return? 

Just NO!  Why, why, why?  ?

• Upvote 1

• Georgiana locked this topic