IGNORED

Michaela & Brandon Keilen 5: She Goes By Michaela

HerNameIsBuffy

On 10/20/2019 at 5:32 PM, moreorlessnu said:

I thought that because she had courted for so long, waiting for Brandon to propose, she was more than ready to move into an adult relationship, complete with intimacy, as opposed to some really young fundies who find themselves married within months of agreeing to enter into a courtship.

I think you're right. Also, and this is speculation, both of them being so serious and calm makes me think that they could have agreed in taking a slow path for intimacy. There's not need to go from just holding hands to a full physical relationship in a couple hours. But probably many 20 year old fundie men think they have the right to do it, no matter what she wants to.

• Upvote 7

On 10/19/2019 at 6:22 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

Brandens children’s book came out today, or yesterday. I’m sure it’s loaded with lots of biblical stuff but if You just picked it up at the store and read the back you wouldn’t know.

I will buy a bottle of wine for whoever takes one for the FJ team  and reads this and tells us who is better fundy writer--Sarah Maxwell or Brandon Keilen.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think you're right. Also, and this is speculation, both of them being so serious and calm makes me think that they could have agreed in taking a slow path for intimacy.

Umm did you see their honeymoon episode where Michael said she was tired and wanted to get back to the room to “rest” while glowing at Brandon? She was eager to be alone with him and it was obvious. I mean it could have been just to snuggle and hold hands but that’s not the impression I got.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Umm did you see their honeymoon episode where Michael said she was tired and wanted to get back to the room to “rest” while glowing at Brandon? She was eager to be alone with him and it was obvious. I mean it could have been just to snuggle and hold hands but that’s not the impression I got.

One of the great parts of honeymooning in Spain for my husband and me was the siesta ? I 100% get where Michaela was coming from. I didn’t see the episode, but I did see their Instagram and they didn’t look like two people who were taking it slow and delaying physical intimacy. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 10/23/2019 at 9:35 AM, princessmahina said:

One of the great parts of honeymooning in Spain for my husband and me was the siesta ? I 100% get where Michaela was coming from. I didn’t see the episode, but I did see their Instagram and they didn’t look like two people who were taking it slow and delaying physical intimacy. 

It's almost like women can get horny or something... ??

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Love 3

I will buy a bottle of wine for whoever takes one for the FJ team  and reads this and tells us who is better fundy writer--Sarah Maxwell or Brandon Keilen.

That’s such a low bar though, Sarah Maxwell...
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Remember when we were wondering if Michael would wear a scrub skirt or pants? Well it looks like she’s wearing a scrub skirt:

02D0B52E-02C5-477C-BABB-F0891E558313.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 4

Doesn't surprise me, TBH. Though I think as long as it's permitted by her employer and she does her job well, it really doesn't matter if she wears scrub pants or skirts. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 2

In the last episode she said the college she is attending, i dont know if it was mentioned before but its the first time i heard about it, so if someone is curious its the Tennessee college of applied technology.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I looked it up. I actually work for a nursing school so overall it looked decent. Their qualifying entrance test (HESI) had pretty low scores but in order for her to be licensed she will have to pass the state board exam (NCLEX). It looks like she will graduate next fall for the one year program. Hope she continues on to get her RN. She will make a great nurse. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, grt42btexan said:

I looked it up. I actually work for a nursing school so overall it looked decent. Their qualifying entrance test (HESI) had pretty low scores but in order for her to be licensed she will have to pass the state board exam (NCLEX). It looks like she will graduate next fall for the one year program. Hope she continues on to get her RN. She will make a great nurse. 

Michael said on Instagram that she intends to go for the RN after completing the LPN program. I agree, she will make a great nurse. It's easy to snark on grifting, lazy, employed-by-daddy(-in-law) fundies. I don't find anything snarkworthy about a fundie getting a real education from a legit college and offering their skills to the general public. Michael seems smart, eager for knowledge, and diligent. If she has what it takes to be a nurse, she will easily pass her boards. 

https://tcatknoxville.edu/programs/practical-nursing

The cost for her program is around $7k. Is that high? low? average and do-able? 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 23
  • Love 2

Oh, she'd be a fantastic paediatric nurse.

Both Michaella and Brandon seem to absolutely dote on all those nieces and nephews. They both light up when they interact with the littles. It's good to see them to enjoy being closer to the kiddies and with a lot of them being inevitably neglected when the numbers of siblings soar, it might be a haven for them.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

@squiddysquid Not just the nieces and nephews, her siblings also. For them having Michaella back must be the epitome of a blessing. Michael and Brandon recently took Judson and Jeb to Dollywood. The boys looked so happy and content. People who didn't know better probably thought Oh, what a lovely young couple and their two boys. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

@squiddysquid Not just the nieces and nephews, her siblings also. For them having Michaella back must be the epitome of a blessing. Michael and Brandon recently took Judson and Jeb to Dollywood. The boys looked so happy and content. People who didn't know better probably thought Oh, what a lovely young couple and their two boys. 

True, Callie was heartbroken when Michaella left and would hang on to her whenever they visited.

• Upvote 4

Why is everybody so sure than she will be a great nurse? Loving family-related newborns does not equal being lovely to everybody. Will she be open to care for elders, or adult men or *different* people?

She may be an excellent nurse, of course, but I don't think she has showed her skills yet. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Will she be open to care for elders, or adult men or *different* people?

Do you really think she would've at all applied for nursing school and been admitted if she wasn't aware that she might have "to care for elders, or adult men or *different* people" ?

Nobody can know 100% that she will be a great nurse, of course, but we don't know how she's feeling about "different people" either. It's just as speculative to surmise that she'd have a problem caring for people that are not like her. We don't know Michael. What we know is, she's obviously so far loving what she does, she likes to learn, she likes the medical field and she's not lazy. Those are great pre-requisites to become a nurse. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

IMO, the saddest thing about this entire conversation is the fact that that we even know of MK, or any of these people. Good for her for expanding her horizons. This will enrich her life.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Michael said on Instagram that she intends to go for the RN after completing the LPN program. I agree, she will make a great nurse. It's easy to snark on grifting, lazy, employed-by-daddy(-in-law) fundies. I don't find anything snarkworthy about a fundie getting a real education from a legit college and offering their skills to the general public. Michael seems smart, eager for knowledge, and diligent. If she has what it takes to be a nurse, she will easily pass her boards. 

https://tcatknoxville.edu/programs/practical-nursing

The cost for her program is around $7k. Is that high? low? average and do-able? 

That is about on average with others in the region, especially Tennessee. Where I worked (writing copy), the cost was around $1800 (books, tuition, scrubs, fees, etc.) a semester. The program took three terms to complete. In Georgia and Tennessee, there are some grants for students who are going for their LPN, as that is a hard to fill field. With her pre-healthcare AAS she got, she's not going to have as hard of a time as some of the other men and women in the program. 

I would be thrilled to see her go for her RN next. My office while writing was across the hall from a nursing school advisor. The number of students who are unprepared for the rigors was astounding. One young lady came in telling us she wanted to be a nurse. She then explained she hated blood, vomit, and needles and would pass out at the sight of any of them. Michael's got years of experienced with blood and vomit since she was basically a mom to her siblings. Plus she's not nearly as vapid as some of her sisters and brothers. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

She will learn to care for all types of people in her clinicals (as long as her school is decent and has good clinical sites). There are mandated clinical hours and the student nurses get a lot of hands on experience. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Do you really think she would've at all applied for nursing school and been admitted if she wasn't aware that she might have "to care for elders, or adult men or *different* people" ?

Nobody can know 100% that she will be a great nurse, of course, but we don't know how she's feeling about "different people" either. It's just as speculative to surmise that she'd have a problem caring for people that are not like her. We don't know Michael. What we know is, she's obviously so far loving what she does, she likes to learn, she likes the medical field and she's not lazy. Those are great pre-requisites to become a nurse. 

I hope she will be willinng to care for anyone who needs it, and not be one of those folks who would refuse to assist based on her religious beliefs. Sadly, with the support of the Trump administration, people are feeling emboldened about objecting to do x, y or z based on their personal beliefs - and if that happens where where there's not another person to step in and do the job, patients can suffer.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/what-the-new-religious-exemptions-law-means-for-your-health-care

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2018/01/22/refusal-conscience-clauses-a-physicians-perspective/#5d146f341819 (from a doctor's perspective, but raises some points applicable to nurses)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

It’s sad that this is only an option because of her infertility. I am glad that she chose this option however. It may plant a seed in her younger sisters.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Do y'all really think Michael would be going into nursing if she didn't have the right to refuse to treat someone because of her beliefs?  I don't doubt it for a second.  Seriously, these fundies are about this shit.

• Upvote 11

I don't know about Tennessee or her school, but the program at my university doesn't allow students to pick and choose who they treat or work with during their clinicals. We have many conservative, observant Muslims and Orthodox Jews who complete the program. There are some who drop out because because they would have to touch/treat people they're not "allowed" to, but the ones who are passionate about becoming nurses work it out with their religion.

Disclaimer - I've never come across a Christian fundie at my university so I have no experience there, they might be more inclined to make a fuss in areas like Tennessee where they are much more present.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Eponine said:

I don't know about Tennessee or her school, but the program at my university doesn't allow students to pick and choose who they treat or work with during their clinicals. We have many conservative, observant Muslims and Orthodox Jews who complete the program. There are some who drop out because because they would have to touch/treat people they're not "allowed" to, but the ones who are passionate about becoming nurses work it out with their religion. 

Disclaimer - I've never come across a Christian fundie at my university so I have no experience there, they might be more inclined to make a fuss in areas like Tennessee where they are much more present.

Accreditation and licensing standards have certain check lists of requirements. No school is going to risk accreditation for a fundie/reality show personality. She will probably be able to reconcile some of the tasks with her beliefs and file them with the idea of becoming a nurse is important to her.  

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Eponine said:

I don't know of any hospital that gets to pick and choose what patients they treat as long as they have insurance. I think the major thing to being a good nurse is natural compassion and empathy for other human beings.

I worked in a hospital for 4 years, 3 years on a post op surgical floor and 1 year in the ER. I worked with all kinds of RN's CNA's Doctors and clinical staff.  The one thing I noticed about the nurses and CNA's was they never bothered to ask what religion, or sexuality a patient had in the midst of emergent care. The nurses on the floor had a longer time to get to know patients and they found out if they were gay, or straight.  A couple of nurses I worked with who were Fundie christian and all but one of them had no issues treating anyone, only one would complain about working with AIDS patients or in one case an unwed mother who had abortion complications. This nurse was also dismissed for her inability to work with any and all patents, and the fact that she was a major bitch and all the other staff hated working with her, and this was a catholic hospital.

I think, from what I've seen of Michaela she would make an amazing nurse, especially working with children, she seems to be very tender hearted where children are concerned, hopefully if she gets her RN she will be a pediatric nurse as I think that is where she would function best.  

• Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic