IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

Called it! Why in the world do they say every baby is a surprise? (that is a collective "they" not just Erin and Chad). Unprotected sex on demand leads to babies. It's more surprising when they are not pregnant. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11

I’m going to assume this will be a November baby too. She normally goes 36-37 weeks because of her clotting disorder, if I remember correctly. So If she is due December 1-21, I bet we will have ANOTHER November baby. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 5

I don't think Alyssa will announce for a few more months at least, she strongly implied she wasn't pregnant Carlin's wedding weekend. Someone commented on her ig that they were expecting an announcement from her soon since she had the weekend alone with John, and she was like, "Um, nope!"  She also tends to announce later than the rest of them. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I would be willing to bet we'll see a storyline for them on the show about finding a bigger house or Chad building them one. It'll be a race to see if they can do it before #4 arrives. Cue the worried Erin faces and haggard Chad faces. 

• Upvote 21

Really hoping that they change houses before the baby arrives. Also what a strange way to word the announcement in instagram:

"Having one baby changed our lives, but we knew Carson needed a sibling, and after we met our little Brooklyn it was clear she needed one too! I guess Everly just lucked out! God always has the best plan, and we’re so grateful to get to be a part of raising these gifts. Baby number four is already so loved and kissed constantly! Life is fixing to be even crazier, with more laughs and more love. We are celebrating every moment."

Everly just lucked out? God has the best plan? does she mean that they actually didnt want more babies? because it sounds like that.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, llucie said:

Really hoping that they change houses before the baby arrives. Also what a strange way to word the announcement in instagram:

"Having one baby changed our lives, but we knew Carson needed a sibling, and after we met our little Brooklyn it was clear she needed one too! I guess Everly just lucked out! God always has the best plan, and we’re so grateful to get to be a part of raising these gifts. Baby number four is already so loved and kissed constantly! Life is fixing to be even crazier, with more laughs and more love. We are celebrating every moment."

Everly just lucked out? God has the best plan? does she mean that they actually didnt want more babies? because it sounds like that.

I'm going with that was just a carefully curated response to seem less quiverful. These people are full of crap. They know exactly what they are doing. This baby isn't a surprise, or these two really have no idea how sex works. I'm sure we will hear a very similar story when #surprise baby number 5 comes along.

And if anyone needs a reminder, this is exactly what they said when she was pregnant with Everly. How many surprise pregnancies can these two have? #surprisrenotasurprise

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I'm going with that was just a carefully curated response to seem less quiverful. These people are full of crap. They know exactly what they are doing. This baby isn't a surprise, or these two really have no idea how sex works. I'm sure we will hear a very similar story when #surprise baby number 5 comes along.

And if anyone needs a reminder, this is exactly what they said when she was pregnant with Everly. How many surprise pregnancies can these two have? #surprisrenotasurprise

She said they were surprised about Brooklyn too, as there was a lot of talk around that time that she would not want to have more because of the blood clotting disorder and the rough time with the placental abruption with Carson. 

I think she doesn't know what the word surprise means. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Still i find it weird that they will openly admit they didnt want more babies if they could choose. Obviously they dont have a choice since they cant use birthcontrol and must leave it up to God, but i thought in their circles the more babies the better. If they already feel done after 3 and are leaving it up to good i have bad news for them lol.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 9

On 6/5/2019 at 12:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That room was so small that I don’t think it could fit two regular sized bunk beds. She would have to switch bedrooms with the kids to make that work. And then her full sized bed would probably take up most of the room in the smaller room. 

But,remember,Gil and Kelly Jo had about 9? children in a 900 square foot house.

Erin's house always looks clean,and I have no idea what the square footage of their house is,but,wow.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, melon said:

Erin's house always looks clean,and I have no idea what the square footage of their house is,but,wow.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the square footage of that house was around 900. 

• Upvote 2

So from what I’ve seen of the house, when you walk in, it’s the living room. It’s not a big living room, but it’s one of the bigger rooms in the house. The kitchen is in the back part of the house and it’s an eat in kitchen. They have no dining room. Their small eating table is in an area that would be described as a breakfast nook. Their master bedroom is a good size and at the front of the house. The second bedroom is small and currently fits 3 kids because there’s a crib, a twin bed with a crib sized pull out trundle underneath. A twin mattress sized trundle wouldn’t fit because there’s a dresser in the way. I’ve never seen their bathroom or closets but I imagine they aren’t terribly big. So that’s their home. No basement and if there’s an attic, it’s a crawl space. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

Called it! Why in the world do they say every baby is a surprise? (that is a collective "they" not just Erin and Chad). Unprotected sex on demand leads to babies. It's more surprising when they are not pregnant. 

It's a surprise because the pregnancies are gifts from God and not the result of biological processes. You don't want to act as if you are expecting God to gift you! 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Lordy. Our house is 900sf and it feels too small with just 4 of us. Granted we have 2 big, furry dogs, 2 cats, and a bunny, which make it feel even smaller. But still. Our 15 mo-old is in that stage of constantly walking around grabbing random objects, walking somewhere else, depositing said object, and repeating, over and over again. I work full time and I feel like the few hours I’m home, I’m just constantly picking up the same items over and over again and putting them back. And we don’t have a single bit of decor, like Erin does, beyond photos on the walls. Functional objects only. I think I would need to observe Erin using her house for a day to unravel the mystery of how she succeeds in caring for and entertaining 3 children in that space, while having it still look staged for an open house. 

• Upvote 5

Dead Erin and fundies in general, you keep using the word surprise and I’m not sure it means what you think it means. 

Spoiler

305E5AAD-F2D0-402B-A24E-2F41F0AE52EF.thumb.jpeg.7dbdaf1fbeb8ab78040cac14c2165586.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 25

I think Erin brings the kids to the big house pretty often during the bad season, so they could play with Kelly, the cousins and maybe the Jeb and jud? Then in summer and spring they play outside 

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

Why do people say they’ve “called it” when it isn’t a surprise?

1 hour ago, llucie said:

I actually thought this was a parody of what Erin might have written. It’s hard to believe its real, it is such a typical example of fundie talk.

• Upvote 5

:pb_rollseyes: :pb_rollseyes: :pb_rollseyes:

Yeah. That pretty much sums it up. I hope Brooklyn and Everly enjoy these last few years before their parents are overwhelmed by ”surprises” and they’re drafted into the Sister Mom Army. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

29 minutes ago, sparrow said:

I think I would need to observe Erin using her house for a day to unravel the mystery of how she succeeds in caring for and entertaining 3 children in that space, while having it still look staged for an open house. 

I'm gonna go with blanket training.  "You don't child-proof your house, you house-proof your child." 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, melon said:

I lived in a 900 sq foot house with dh U 2 kids, it was fine until the little one turned about 4, then things just started to get crowded and we seemed to be all over each other, all the time. How in the hell did they get 11 people in a 900 sq foot house? Did they sleep in shifts? Did the kids sleep standing up?  I guess in my house each of the kids bedrooms could have held 2 sets of bunk beds, but that is only 8 beds, someone would have to share once a baby was out of the crib. 

It's like Ben and Jessa's little house, fine for the 4 of them but now their are 5 and the bigger the kids get the smaller the house gets. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder if Chad and Erin are actually trying NFP and doing it incorrectly or it not working for them? I agree that they are REALLY playing up the surprise thing. So much so I might actually believe them. Clearly if they ARE using NFP it's NOT working and they need a plan B. Though not THE plan B of course. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, neurogirl said:

I wonder if Chad and Erin are actually trying NFP and doing it incorrectly or it not working for them? I agree that they are REALLY playing up the surprise thing. So much so I might actually believe them. Clearly if they ARE using NFP it's NOT working and they need a plan B. Though not THE plan B of course. 

I remember they acted this surprised with Everly too. Went on and on about how surprised they were to find out and in the show they showed Erin telling Chad and he was basically floored. 

• Upvote 7

@Seculardaisy ok either they royally suck at NFP or they have told God "we're done now" and He's not listening to them (because they are doing nothing to prevent) ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

Brooklyn’s face is the same “surprised” face I had when I heard this wildly unsurprising news.

Spoiler

B0E24A0F-CF50-48B5-AD5A-A55DB2D407FC.thumb.png.4d50115d94d917acece9055194f9bcd5.png

Spoiler

694E84AA-B2EF-4F04-9E59-65D9E863DAA2.thumb.png.00d000cf42d6be23b4c55aba9ebc9646.png

It’s a look that says “WHAT?, *GASP*, NO Way, and insert eye roll here* 

:laughing-jumpingpurple:

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Brooklyn needed one too? A sibling? She HAD one. She was BORN into a family where she already had a sibling. His name is Carson. 

Is this actually as stupid as it seems, or am I seriously (SEVERELY) (sorry, couldn't resist) misreading??

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic