IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

Yeah, where I come from it's very rude to invite people to the reception and not to the ceremony or vice versa.

• Upvote 7

Another Instagram story posted of the rehearsal dinner. Evan says, “my last night to sleep alone.” Carlin says, “I don’t know about that!” I swear fundies make so many sex jokes.  

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

You can see the rehearsal dinner at Alyssas instastories. It looks nicer than most fundies actual weddings, with actual food, dessert and even tablecloths and not disposable silverware!

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, llucie said:

Yo can see the rehearsal dinner at Alyssas instastories. It looks nicer than most fundies actual wedding, with actual food, dessert and even tablecloths and not disposable silverware!

I think this wedding will be a step up from the usual fundie weddings for one major reason. 

A long engagement. I planned a wedding in 9 months and it was hard but doable. Throwing a wedding together in three months really cuts down on a lot of your options. 

Lets hope longer engagements become more of a trend in fundieland. Especially when it comes to the very young and immature. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

i've been invited both ways, to a wedding reception only (it was a very small close family/friends-only ceremony from my understanding - less than 40 people), and to a ceremony only (their reception had a limited head-count and I was more of a "we would love to see you" invite to the ceremony than a formal thing). I personally am keeping my reception small, but at the same time am not super picky on of my guest list who does and doesn't come to either part of the wedding xD

• Upvote 1

The venue states :

Ceremony and Reception Location, Determined by Package

• Up to 250 White Garden Chairs

Maybe that is the maximum and they preferred it this way. I wouldn’t care if I was invited to a reception and not the wedding if I wasn’t a close family member. 

I’d much rather go to the party and skip the ceremony.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Erin posted a video of Gil laying on the concrete sleeping. He has to be faking as a joke. Who can sleep on concrete? 

I just have to say this. Carlin is getting married tomorrow while I have to attend a dog carnival fundraiser for my church. I know I shouldn't be jealous, but she's younger than me!

The fundraiser is for helping young girls in the Philippines attend school. The problem is the money spent on the recent missions trip put the fund 5K in the hole. I'm not very happy about that. If people don't have the money to go, they shouldn't go period. 

• Upvote 2

It’s very unusual to invite people to the reception and not the ceremony, but it does happen. Sometimes people have their hearts set on a small ceremony location (maybe for religious reasons), but they also want a big party.

3 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

• Up to 250 White Garden Chairs

Maybe that is the maximum and they preferred it this way. I wouldn’t care if I was invited to a reception and not the wedding if I wasn’t a close family member.

In the insta photo it looks like they aren't done setting up the chairs yet. So probably 250. Maybe they allow for a 50 chair buffer on those website numbers and Carlin will get away with 300.

I do love that we're all like "Oooh, only 250 people, a nice intimate wedding for once!" We've all been on this damn forum for too long. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 3

So people, let's not forget, today is Carlin's and Evan's big day!!!! They deserve a little attention, she's waited long enough.

Best wishes and good luck to them! They may end up being one the happier couples!

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Another Instagram story posted of the rehearsal dinner. Evan says, “my last night to sleep alone.” Carlin says, “I don’t know about that!” I swear fundies make so many sex jokes.  

And it's sad to say but they really don't know about that! If she knew, she probably wouldn't make fun of it. People who make jokes about sex, usually don't get any, except for JB and Michelle maybe...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like the Foto sisters are singing at the ceremony. Erin posted an Instagram story with them practicing and their hand movements while singing were extremely distracting. 

I couldn't figure out what they were doing. It seemed like they are playing air harp or air flute or whatever.

Who are these girls anyway?

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin posted a video of Gil laying on the concrete sleeping. He has to be faking as a joke. Who can sleep on concrete? 

I can sleep everywhere. Only if I'm really really tired, but I once fell asleep in the first row of a rock concert. 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Evan posted a sneek peek of the venue. This is definitely my favorite wedding venue yet. It’s really pretty. Also, I wonder if Carlin is gonna go down the stairs when walking towards the aisle, or if she’s coming from the sides. I think it would look gorgeous if she went down the stairs

Hide contents

80512CF4-BFAA-44F4-A574-062137E7960D.thumb.jpeg.30fa03ce2ae7c202f74cc674e5d8cc7c.jpeg

What time is the wedding? Does anyone know? All I can think of looking at that is that if it isn't early in the morning or late in the evening it is going to be hell on earth sitting in the direct sun in nice clothing for a wedding. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Today is the big day. Carvan had a fairly normal dourt-to-marriage timeline. That I can respect. I also found Evan's courtship proposal to have been the most spectacular of all these fundies. Their engagement was totally for the cameras. This is the first high profile fundie wedding watch I have done. I am here mostly to see if Lawson will be proven wrong. During one of their Lives, he swore having an outdoor wedding in Tennessee spring was a bad idea. He said, inevitably, it would rain today. This seemed to upset Carlin, but she remained optimistic.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What time is the wedding? Does anyone know? All I can think of looking at that is that if it isn't early in the morning or late in the evening it is going to be hell on earth sitting in the direct sun in nice clothing for a wedding. 

I’ve been to outdoor weddings so hot you think you are sitting in hell itself. Hopefully it’s a short ceremony and there is a breeze. The audience will all be wearing sunglasses and fanning themselves with the wedding programs. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

According to one of the Instagram stories I saw the ceremony starts at 5:30.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 4

Just now, CarrotCake said:

According to one of the Instagram stories I saw the ceremony starts at 5:30.

Lets hope they aren’t facing the sun. It would be better if the sun is behind the audience. 

• Upvote 2

I’m 28 and living in Chicago and it’s becoming very common among my friends to have a smaller, more private ceremony, and then a bigger party reception later where more people can come. I don’t think it’s rude at all. Makes financial sense to most us. I just went to a “reception” (or whatever you want to call it) a couple weeks ago where it was a real come as you are come when you want thing at a bar. Couple eventually showed up in their wedding attire after most of us had been catching up for a couple hours. It’s fun! No pressure, makes it closer to a celebration. 

I can imagine a bygone era where it would be consider abnormal and rude. But times are changing and I think for the better. The wedding industry complex is evil. Friends and family should be excited about celebrating and witnessing your love and union, and it should be fun. Save you pay check for a new house or awesome honeymoon. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

I remember when it was tacky just to get a church invite. Then people starting realizing, "hey this may work because, I get to attend this wedding and opt out of giving a gift." Now it is acceptable.

I have been to the imfamous "cake and punch reception" where folks were mad they didn't get the big invite. I've also been invited to the shower only which I know is considered extremely poor etiquette.

Honestly, I think times are changing, as others have said, weddings have become ridiculously expensive and the couple has to do what is best for them.

We did. We had a few against etiquette things that simply made sense for us, but got us mumbles and groans as a result. 

17 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think Austin could still be coming with Gideon later, since Joy only said they would be apart for “a few days”, not the whole weekend. I do wonder why Alyssa didn’t take her kids, they’re Carlin’s nieces. I was thinking it may have to do with the fact that everyone is in the wedding party, so no one can stay in the crowd to watch the kids (?)

There is always someone to watch the kids! That is just kind of weird that Alyssa did not want to bring her kids in fundie context. Maybe Taliban Dan did not want the girls exposed to dancing.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

There is always someone to watch the kids! That is just kind of weird that Alyssa did not want to bring her kids in fundie context. Maybe Taliban Dan did not want the girls exposed to dancing.

Is it adult only reception?

2 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Is it adult only reception?

Wouldn't that be against everything they stand for?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

I don't think the wedding or reception are "child free", as Carlin and Evan have picked many of his nieces and nephew in the bridal party. I think they just went with the older children rather than having younger ones try and behave through the ceremony.

I also don't think it's a big deal Alyssa didn't bring her girls. Yes they are family, but none of the other young nieces and nephews are involved in the wedding. Every other family member she has in Tennessee is involved in the wedding party, so there isn't anyone to look after them during the preparation and ceremony. They probably have people they trust, but would their kids cope with people who they don't know very well for most of the day until they can look after them at the reception?

Erin's kids can be looked after by the extended Paine family who will probably be at the ceremony anyhow.

Whitney's kids can be looked after by her parents (not sure if they'd come to the ceremony, but again it's possible).

Tori is probably still breastfeeding so I'd expect Kade will either be with Kelly Jo or a close friend during the ceremony (maybe the Bates cousins or her grandparents?)

Better of leaving them in Florida with the Webster family who the kids know and trust for 3 days than dragging them to Tennessee for a wedding they won't remember with people they don't know.

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Wouldn't that be against everything they stand for?

I don't know about everything they stand for but it would be unique and not very UP family focused.

Alyssa not bringing her kids , unless they're sick or involved in a higher ranking event goes against the *family first*,*it's about relationships*, full-time mommy rearing themes ever present in fundiedom. 

But it is John and Alyssa's anniversary. This trip may double as a mommy and daddy time trip. Still odd for them.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, habert said:

I’m 28 and living in Chicago and it’s becoming very common among my friends to have a smaller, more private ceremony, and then a bigger party reception later where more people can come. I don’t think it’s rude at all. Makes financial sense to most us. I just went to a “reception” (or whatever you want to call it) a couple weeks ago where it was a real come as you are come when you want thing at a bar. Couple eventually showed up in their wedding attire after most of us had been catching up for a couple hours. It’s fun! No pressure, makes it closer to a celebration. 

I can imagine a bygone era where it would be consider abnormal and rude. But times are changing and I think for the better. The wedding industry complex is evil. Friends and family should be excited about celebrating and witnessing your love and union, and it should be fun. Save you pay check for a new house or awesome honeymoon. 

I'm getting married next year in March, and we are having a smaller ceremony and a bigger reception + party as well. We are already have to do our wedding on a small budget, and we just don't have the money to invite everyone we would want at the party to the ceremony as well. So ceremony is going to be close friends and close family, party is friends, family, further removed relatives (second cousins etc.) and some acquaintences. 

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic